The pro choice position is silly

Iteration

15 minutes ago, Iteration said:

@TreeBeard

No, no, you will not dodge the question.

Yes the question is a hypothetical, and this does not matter so long as the situation is logically possible, because it is an extension of your own argument. 

If a woman were to randomly transport your mom into her body for fun, should she be allowed to kill her, yes or no? 

It’s an asinine question and I am avoiding it.  Let’s talk about abortion directly without the stupidity.  Can you do that?

@TreeBeard

No, you will NOT dodge the question. You don't get to run away just because you are in a corner. 

You stated that "yes," a woman be allowed to place someone who has rights into her body, and kill them.
If a woman were to randomly transport your mom into her body for fun, should she be allowed to kill her, yes or no
Stop dodging the question. 

2 minutes ago, Iteration said:

@TreeBeard

No, you will NOT dodge the question. You don't get to run away just because you are in a corner. 

You stated that "yes," a woman be allowed to place someone who has rights into her body, and kill them.
If a woman were to randomly transport your mom into her body for fun, should she be allowed to kill her, yes or no
Stop dodging the question. 

Your premise is bullshit.  

@TreeBeard

Stop. Do not dodge the question. You know you are in a corner and you are embarrassing yourself. Answer the question. 

If a woman were to randomly transport your mom into her body for fun, should she be allowed to kill her, yes or no

Just now, Iteration said:

@TreeBeard

Stop. Do not dodge the question. You know you are in a corner and you are embarrassing yourself. Answer the question. 

If a woman were to randomly transport your mom into her body for fun, should she be allowed to kill her, yes or no

Woman are not allowed to randomly transport my mom anywhere.  Transporting without consent is illegal.  

@TreeBeard

I will give you three chances to answer the question. If you continue to run away you will subsequently be ignored as I will conclude you are a dishonest coward. 

Chance #1 to answer the question: 

Edited by Iteration
Spelling

1 hour ago, Iteration said:

@TreeBeard

I will give you three chances to answer the question. If you continue to run away you will subsequently be ignored as I will conclude you are a dishonest coward. 

Chance #1 to answer the question: 

Teleporting my mom should be illegal without my mom’s consent.  

26 minutes ago, Iteration said:

@TreeBeard

Chance #2 to answer the question: 

I’m giving you 37 chances to answer the following question.  Don’t avoid it.   Or else. 

Are you capable of making an argument on the actual topic, or is this nonsensical attempt at a “gotcha” question your only schtick?  

Edited by TreeBeard

@TreeBeard

Chance #3 to answer the question: 

If you do not answer the question after this, you will be ignored, you dishonest, weaselly coward. 

Edited by Iteration
Formatting

This whole abortion debate always quickly degrades to basic levels.

The FACT is...that abortion IS NOT ever mentioned in the US Constitution. THUS...as per the US Constitution, the management of such a subject becomes, by default, the domain of the STATES. That happens to be the FACT of the matter and why Roe was over turned. I know very few, if any, who would force a 10 year old to give birth under any circumstances. But when this debate kicks in, this extreme example is tossed about as some sort of trophy point. IT IS NOT!

IMO...abortion has its place in extreme cases. Other than that, any abortion after 15 weeks is plain old murder. This happens to be a widely accepted view point all over Europe and indeed in many states.

Some states have a moratorium on all abortions. This is their right as set out in the US Constitution. Should that not be acceptable to the folks who live in these states...do what I would and use your vote to send that message to the state government.!

Now...can we all just calm down and try to live within the bounds of REALITY please?

Edited by Nationalist

33 minutes ago, Iteration said:

@Nationalist

I don't care what the constitution mentions, just because something is currently legal does not mean it ought be the case. 

What is he argument that an unborn should not have rights, but the born should? 

Well...the courts DO care.

Look...I sense your concern and I will always defend your right to your point of view. IMO...the argument would be that the "born" are well into their lives where as the "unborn" have hardly started yet. I know that's a weak argument but...it is what it is.

To be "fair", we really do have to consider both sides of this debate. Its called "compromise" and it seems to work out rather well.

@Nationalist

As I stated, I don't care what the constitution mentions, just because something is currently legal does not mean it ought be the case. 

...the argument would be that the "born" are well into their lives where as the "unborn" have hardly started yet.

Okay, so is wrong to stab a 1 day old child because their lives have hardly started? If not, then what defines "hardly started?"

13 minutes ago, Iteration said:

@Nationalist

As I stated, I don't care what the constitution mentions, just because something is currently legal does not mean it ought be the case. 

Okay, so is wrong to stab a 1 day old child because their lives have hardly started? If not, then what defines "hardly started?"

It is abhorrent to stab a 1 day old child. It is also COMPLETELY illegal. Lets not be silly.

The reasoning, as I said, is weak. The question of late term abortions is one we should not have be having.

IMO...anyone who aborts a baby, including a fetus of 15 weeks or more, better have a life or death reason. The baby's birth better assuredly kill the mother or some wildly extenuating circumstance. I would be willing to compromise like this, but I would still consider the practice monstrous. In fact, I consider every abortion to be monstrous. But again...there's that thing called "compromise".

BTW...the law is the law. Banging your head against it will not help anyone. Especially you.

BTW...the law is the law. 

Wait...

So if you woke up the next day, and it turned out all this was a dream, and you lived in a United States where the constitution reserves enslaving black people as a state power, and establishes that raping women is legally permissible, would you believe this should be legal: yes or no? 

Edited by Iteration
Emphasis

1 hour ago, Iteration said:

Wait...

So if you woke up the next day, and it turned out all this was a dream, and you lived in a United States where the constitution reserves enslaving black people as a state power, and establishes that raping women is legally permissible, would you believe this should be legal: yes or no? 

The Declaration of Independence states:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

ALL MEN.

Now lets look at the Constitution:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Now...the only way, between these 2 documents, to justify slavery, would have been to argue that black folks are not "men" or even "human". That was and is an obvious lie. Thus...the law of the land eventually prevailed.

In other words...the law did NOT require changing.

Thus none of what you've said was never legal.

Edited by Nationalist

@Nationalist

You may not know me too well, but when I see someone go on an incoherent ramble to avoid my question, I don't let them run way, I press the question. So lets try and repeat the question that you dodged. 

Suppose you woke up the next day and your current reality was just a dream. Instead, you lived in a United States where the constitution reserves enslaving black people as a state power, and establishes that raping women is legally permissible, would you believe this should be legal: yes or no? 

Edited by Iteration
Directness

4 minutes ago, Iteration said:

@Nationalist

You may not know me too well, but when I see someone go on an incoherent ramble to avoid my question, I don't let them run way, I press the question. So lets try and repeat the question that you dodged. 

OK I'll be as plain as I possibly can...for you.

You asked:

My answer is NO. My reason for that answer, as I tried in vain to explain, is that neither was EVER LEGAL. They were both completely ILLEGAL.

Do you comprehend now?

Edited by Nationalist

Just now, Iteration said:

@Nationalist

Okay, so you agree that just because something is currently legal, that does not mean you believe it should be legal? 

OMG you misunderstood completely.

Dude...SLAVERY WAS NEVER LEGAL!

NOR WAS BEATING WIVES!

THE LAWS DID NOT NEED TO CHANGE!

Very much like...the abortion laws. They were never IN the Constitution and the same Constitution stipulates that anything not given expressly to the feds, goes by default to the states.!

THERE IS NO LAW TO BE CHANGED AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL...Do you understand this?