Saskatoon looks to tie tax exemption status to your woke score

1 hour ago, West said:

Lefties looking to tie your tax exemption status to whether you share the same views as them.. 

Lefties (what lefties btw?) are looking to tie tax exemptions to a sado-masochistic pedophile ring.

And a right winger is butt hurt over it. ?

Very delusional people.

Nawww it's just another one of West's brain-farts triggered by a headline he never bothered to look beyond.  

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Lefties (what lefties btw?) are looking to tie tax exemptions to a sado-masochistic pedophile ring.

And a right winger is butt hurt over it. ?

Nawww it's just another one of West's brain-farts triggered by a headline he never bothered to look beyond.  

Read the article. Using some alleged abuse that happened in the 1990s as a guise to attack people's religion and tie your worthiness as a charity to whether or not you bow the knee to the latest woke cause citing "human rights code". Which of course that's going to mean you can only recieve the tax exempt status if you support sexual deviancy.

Edited by West
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, West said:

Very delusional people. 

How do you post thread titles like that in good conscience? A retired professor spoke at a city government meeting, that's all that happened here.

Your grasp of reality is weakened by your hysterical paranoia.  You should stop posting and get some rest.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

How do you post thread titles like that in good conscience? A retired professor spoke at a city government meeting, that's all that happened here.

Your grasp of reality is weakened by your hysterical paranoia.  You should stop posting and get some rest.

Your deceit isn't fooling anyone. Lefties admire the Chinese style social credit system and have already imposed parts of it through job and opportunity losses for not taking a faulty vaxx. 

Now their push is to destroy religious institutions, specifically churches, who do not support the woke agenda. This is clear as day and is already happening in Nunavut

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You claim the thread title is misleading and then make a misleading post, troll much?  Here’s a quote, lifted from the article:

“She called for council to follow “the spirit and intent” of a recently passed bylaw in Iqaluit, which requires institutions to apply for tax breaks, and then prove they operate for the common good in a way that aligns with the city’s long-term plans.

Watkinson said she’d like to see a Saskatoon version include language tying tax breaks to support for the rights enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code.”

That the city council is even giving time that that extremist is    nuts, and these things don’t happen by accident.

Try posting with some integrity.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sharkman said:

You claim the thread title is misleading and then make a misleading post, troll much?  Here’s a quote, lifted from the article:

“She called for council to follow “the spirit and intent” of a recently passed bylaw in Iqaluit, which requires institutions to apply for tax breaks, and then prove they operate for the common good in a way that aligns with the city’s long-term plans.

Watkinson said she’d like to see a Saskatoon version include language tying tax breaks to support for the rights enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code.”

That the city council is even giving time that that extremist is    nuts, and these things don’t happen by accident.

Try posting with some integrity.

Lefties are deceitful and have no integrity. 

Saul Alinskys rules for radicals, which is a foundational book in the religion of woke, says lying and deciet are perfectly good mechanisms to reach the end goal. 

It's why some in the religion of woke say theyd rather be morally correct (which they define) than factually correct... in other words they make up stuff to look morally superior

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, West said:

1. Your deceit isn't fooling anyone. Lefties admire the Chinese style social credit system and have already imposed parts of it through job and opportunity losses for not taking a faulty vaxx. 

2. Now their push is to destroy religious institutions, specifically churches, who do not support the woke agenda. This is clear as day and is already happening in Nunavut

1.  I'm conservative.  But everybody is a leftie to you anyway so I guess I am one in your eyes.
2. Your understanding of our institutions is quirky and amusing.  Like a baby considering his rattle, you don't know where it comes from and fear that someone will take it away.  I suggested before you go take a rest... when you do, I suggest you read about our laws and constitution...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Questioning the tax status of religious institutions is nothing new.

Why should organizations that don't work for the common good or actions don't reflect the Charter get tax exemptions?

We've come to realize the Charter is a meaningless document that can be interpreted or discarded if it gets in the way of the agenda. 

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

1.  I'm conservative.  But everybody is a leftie to you anyway so I guess I am one in your eyes.
2. Your understanding of our institutions is quirky and amusing.  Like a baby considering his rattle, you don't know where it comes from and fear that someone will take it away.  I suggested before you go take a rest... when you do, I suggest you read about our laws and constitution...

1. I doubt that. 

2. Lefties have already shown they are willing to discard the Charter if it doesn't allow them to reach agenda objectives

7 minutes ago, West said:

1. Lefties have already shown they are willing to discard the Charter if it doesn't allow them to reach agenda objectives

And so if a 'lefty' takes your rights away, I guess you just pout and bawl ?  Again - please use your Google on your rest time and read how difficult it is to change the constitution.

If you think you are living in an actual Marxist dictatorship, why are you posting on a webpage about it ?  Are you afraid of protesting in public ?  Are you bedridden ?  Honest question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

And so if a 'lefty' takes your rights away, I guess you just pout and bawl ?  Again - please use your Google on your rest time and read how difficult it is to change the constitution.

If you think you are living in an actual Marxist dictatorship, why are you posting on a webpage about it ?  Are you afraid of protesting in public ?  Are you bedridden ?  Honest question.

The constitution has very vague language as we saw during covid. They can interpret whatever the hell they want to, such as discriminating against people based on medical choice, if they choose. 

By the way, a person's right to disagree with the homosexual lifestyle or whatever else SHOULD be protected under such sections as the right to freedom of conscience and the freedom of religion. However, hurt feelings and beating people into submission thru abusing laws seems to be the thing of the left wing

21 minutes ago, West said:

The constitution has very vague language as we saw during covid. They can interpret whatever the hell they want to, such as discriminating against people based on medical choice, if they choose. 

By the way, a person's right to disagree with the homosexual lifestyle or whatever else SHOULD be protected under such sections as the right to freedom of conscience and the freedom of religion. However, hurt feelings and beating people into submission thru abusing laws seems to be the thing of the left wing

The right to disagree is protected, there is no right to be exempt from taxes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, West said:

1. The constitution has very vague language as we saw during covid. They can interpret whatever the hell they want to, such as discriminating against people based on medical choice, if they choose. 

2. By the way, a person's right to disagree with the homosexual lifestyle or whatever else SHOULD be protected under such sections as the right to freedom of conscience and the freedom of religion. However, hurt feelings and beating people into submission thru abusing laws seems to be the thing of the left wing

1. So the courts, the institutions and all of the Canadian legal system has been compromised... that's some faith in institutions you've got there.  I think you should be revolting, if you aren't already.
2. Of course you have the right to disagree.  Again - on your nap time read up a little.   And speaking of hurt feelings, the fact that that people think you're a d*ck for not liking LGBTQ is your problem not theirs.  No constitutional protection will soothe YOUR little hurt feelings.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The right to disagree is protected, there is no right to be exempt from taxes.

Well you can't selectively choose which charities you think are worthy based on whether or not they agree with your views. That would be discrimination based on religion...

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. So the courts, the institutions and all of the Canadian legal system has been compromised... that's some faith in institutions you've got there.  I think you should be revolting, if you aren't already.
2. Of course you have the right to disagree.  Again - on your nap time read up a little.   And speaking of hurt feelings, the fact that that people think you're a d*ck for not liking LGBTQ is your problem not theirs.  No constitutional protection will soothe YOUR little hurt feelings.   

1. After watching the jokes that are the "human rights" commission and unions stand on the sidelines for 2 or 3 years while people were abused by the government over medical decisions, I have no faith whatsoever in the court system. Only there to protect the corrupt. 

Some union leaders even took bribes in the sense that they skimmed money off the top on testing kits. Then again that's what people like you stand for so not surprised you are still in support. 

2. We aren't talking about the same thing at all.. talking about government imposed consequences to clamp down on thought crimes.. which is a joke actually.

Edited by West

4 minutes ago, West said:

Well you can't selectively choose which charities you think are worthy based on whether or not they agree with your views. That would be discrimination based on religion...

Actually, that is how all tax exemptions are decided. Other than your right to have them, personal views have nothing to do with the Charter.

9 minutes ago, West said:

1. After watching the jokes that are the "human rights" commission and unions stand on the sidelines for 2 or 3 years while people were abused by the government over medical decisions, I have no faith whatsoever in the court system. Only there to protect the corrupt. 

2. We aren't talking about the same thing at all.. talking about government imposed consequences to clamp down on thought crimes.. which is a joke actually.

1. Your opinion is noted, and then ignored.  Your right to cough on your coworkers is not guaranteed.  And said government handed out cheques to legal experts like you who would have starved... I don't doubt that those cheques paid for a lot of that gas in those trucks in Ottawa in February.
2. Is it a joke or a problem ?  Take a stand, man

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1