Yes, Biden asked the Saudis to delay the oil cut until after the election.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-tiffany-calls-pelosi-launch-hearings-bidens-potentially-illegal-request-saudis-delay-oil-cut

Republican calls for Pelosi to probe Biden admin's potentially 'illegal' request for Saudis to delay oil cut

But the statement has not satisfied some Republicans. In his letter to Pelosi, Tiffany said that the claim by the Saudis is a "very serious allegation."

"One that, if true, may very well constitute an illegal solicitation of a foreign in-kind contribution by the White House on behalf of Democrats’ midterm campaign efforts," he wrote.

Gas prices have fallen in many areas of the country since peaking over the summer, and the GOP has criticized Biden's policies and high spending as a driver of inflation and high fuel costs, making pocketbook issues a key campaign message as Republicans seek to win control of Congress in the November midterm elections.

Tiffany urged Pelosi and the Democratic chairs of House committees to convene hearings "to determine if such calls took place and what specific requests were made regarding Saudi or OPEC+ oil production by Biden administration officials."

Looks like the new Kevin McCarthy House will have even more crimes to charge Joe with, in the impeachment.

29 minutes ago, reason10 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-tiffany-calls-pelosi-launch-hearings-bidens-potentially-illegal-request-saudis-delay-oil-cut

Republican calls for Pelosi to probe Biden admin's potentially 'illegal' request for Saudis to delay oil cut

Looks like the new Kevin McCarthy House will have even more crimes to charge Joe with, in the impeachment.

Too bad you don't have anything more EXPERT than the claims of a R pol trying to smear Biden.

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

Let us hope that Kevin will be better in judgement than Joseph McCarthy ?

From 1950's: 

"The State Department is infested with communists. I have here in my hand a list of 205—a list of names that were made known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping policy in the State Department."

Although some of the rhetoric from the fringes on the right in the US is reminiscence of that era. 

Most of what has been said about Senator Joseph McCarthy has been a LIE.

While the limp wristed Woody Allens of the left blamed everything on the HUAC  (House Un-Americans Activity Committee) which wound up torpedoing the careers of a lot of Hollywood players, SENATOR McCarthy was concerned ONLY with Communist infiltration of our government, particularly at the military level.

(You children have to learn the difference between the House and the Senate. We already know your blue states never read the Constitution to you.)

Biden is no stranger to extortion. He ADMITS it in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXA--dj2-CY

This isn't about some stuff a long dead Senator might have done. Biden is a criminal. And this fall, when McCarthy takes that gavel away from Pelosi, Biden is going to pay.

Pelosi will have champagne with McCarthy, there will be an orderly transition of power. 

The rest of the story: Trump and the fringes yelling. 

In my opinion -> The republican establishment has a bigger "fight" to take care of internally between DeSantis and Trump before the science fiction battle against Democrats. 

Oh really? This same bitcch who tore up a copy of the State Of the Union Address because Rush Limbaugh got the Medal of Freedom? Don't make me laugh. McCarthy will be lucky if Pelosi doesn't order him shot.

Florida is not going to let DeSantis (the greatest governor in the history of Florida and the best in America) to go anywhere until he is able to serve a second term. He'll then be able to ride President Trump's coattails to a well deserved landslide victory and improve things even more.

In my view -> All the republicans in the state of Florida opinion put together don't matter as much as the Holy Father of the Republican Party: 

His last name is McConnell. 

I am afraid if Mitch wakes up one night and calls Fox News to change the tune "because they need DeSantis in Washington" you will come back reasoning as to why that is, and that the country needs DeSantis.

I'm sure you must have heard that from the tooth fairy.

(I guess you didn't know this forum was mostly for adults.)

There is no way Senator McConnell is going to interfere with the workings of an individual state. He's a little busy in his current job, watching Democrats destroy the American economy.

I remember when McConnell saved the America people from that goose stepper Merrick Garland, a DISASTER of an ambulance chaser Obama wanted to replace Justice Scalia with. McConnell is an American hero for pulling that off.

267741.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, West said:

Saudi is colluding with the Biden administration to interfer in an election. Sad

Actually, headlines are suggesting that Biden is going to make the Saudis pay for that little stunt. I agree with Biden on that one. When Kevin McCarthy takes that gavel and control of the government, the United States will reverse all the restrictions on domestic energy production and start competing with OPEC in a serious manner. OPEC cannot compete with the United States when it comes to clean energy.

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

Actually, headlines are suggesting that Biden is going to make the Saudis pay for that little stunt. I agree with Biden on that one. When Kevin McCarthy takes that gavel and control of the government, the United States will reverse all the restrictions on domestic energy production and start competing with OPEC in a serious manner. OPEC cannot compete with the United States when it comes to clean energy.

Ideologues in the Democrat party should take responsibility for crippling gas prices and stop blaming Russia for everything

• Like 1

13 hours ago, reason10 said:

None of those things will change US gas prices. You know what will reduce US gas prices? Renewable energy and electric cars. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Haha 1

Nope. America has 200 years' worth of fossil fuel left. The world has over 400 years of fossil fuel left.

Electric cars require more fossil fuels to power them than internal combustion engine vehicles. (That electricity cannot be generated by wind farms and solar, not at this point.)

The ONLY thing that will reduce gasoline prices is DEREGULATION (which was proven by the brilliant policies of Presidents Reagan and Trump.) Expand domestic energy production. Remove the barriers. More domestic oil means it costs less.

Your way is nothing more than a tax on the poor.

On 10/15/2022 at 5:46 PM, reason10 said:

Biden, making the Saudis pay?  I doubt it, he’s too far gone to string 2 sentences together without stuttering.  His handler, probably Obama(which is treason), had Nord Stream blown up.  Then they offer energy to Europe at inflated prices.

They go around the world looking to buy oil after selling some of their reserves to China.  They have to now do business with countries that want to see America dead.  This after deep-sixing domestic oil production, which under Trump had blossomed such that it met America’s needs by itself.  

America is not going to make anyone pay.  Their dollar will tank within 2 months.  Then it will get crazy.

Edited by sharkman
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 1:01 PM, reason10 said:

I have FoxNews, the most credible source in the world. I know. It isn't THE VIEW, but you'll have to just grow up and accept the facts along with the rest of the class.

You have to grow up to understand that Fox is lying all the time.

Their lawyers even argued IN A LIBEL COURT CASE, that no one should believe Carlson because he doesn't tell the truth.

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

On 10/16/2022 at 7:03 AM, Rebound said:

None of those things will change US gas prices. You know what will reduce US gas prices? Renewable energy and electric cars. 

Not really.  What recently happened(last week or so) is the Biden admin released more oil from the emergency reserves, which is temporarily manipulating the gas prices downward.

Until after the mid terms.  Plus, the Covid mid term variant has been released to facilitate mail in voting(stay at home, everyone!).  Mail in ballots are easier to commit fraud with.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 12:46 PM, Contrarian said:

Let us hope that Kevin will be better in judgement than Joseph McCarthy ?

From 1950's: 

"The State Department is infested with communists. I have here in my hand a list of 205—a list of names that were made known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping policy in the State Department."

Although some of the rhetoric from the fringes on the right in the US is reminiscence of that era. 

In case you missed the significance of this, it would be akin to colluding with a foreign power to influence an election.

What you would be doing is making a deal with a foreign country for the purpose of helping your own party gain power. 

You should be asking "What did she offer in return"?

On 10/15/2022 at 1:26 PM, Contrarian said:

Pelosi will have champagne with McCarthy, there will be an orderly transition of power. 

The rest of the story: Trump and the fringes yelling. 

In my opinion -> The republican establishment has a bigger "fight" to take care of internally between DeSantis and Trump before the science fiction battle against Democrats. 

Trump and DeSantis should fight. They should go head to head in the primary.

America deserves the best president possible, not one that is decided in-house. 

On 10/15/2022 at 5:46 PM, reason10 said:

Actually, headlines are suggesting that Biden is going to make the Saudis pay for that little stunt. 

Dude, headlines are trying to switch the narrative from "What did Biden do and what did he offer in exchange?" to "Bad Saudis, no need for an investigation". 

I can't believe you fell for that. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:03 AM, Rebound said:

Dude, you have no conception of the timeframe involved and the interim damage. Just stop already ffs. Your posts are a horror show. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

You have to grow up to understand that Fox is lying all the time.

Their lawyers even argued IN A LIBEL COURT CASE, that no one should believe Carlson because he doesn't tell the truth.

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

This is fake news. 

Biden did ask the Saudis to delay the cut until after the election.  Now he’s going to stop weapons sales to them in retaliation.  Remember when that was impeachable?

Now Biden is tapping the strategic petroleum reserve to try to minimize election losses.  That should be impeachable.  The reserve is at a 40 year low because of Biden actions in trying to shield Americans from his terrible policies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Biden did ask the Saudis to delay the cut until after the election.  Now he’s going to stop weapons sales to them in retaliation.  Remember when that was impeachable?

Now Biden is tapping the strategic petroleum reserve to try to minimize election losses.  That should be impeachable.  The reserve is at a 40 year low because of Biden actions in trying to shield Americans from his terrible policies.

Sure. Had nothing to do with HELPING PEOPLE keep their jobs, right?

Cause you, like Trump, believe every pol is corrupt because you and he are corrupt.

4 hours ago, sharkman said:

Not really.  What recently happened(last week or so) is the Biden admin released more oil from the emergency reserves, which is temporarily manipulating the gas prices downward.

Until after the mid terms.  Plus, the Covid mid term variant has been released to facilitate mail in voting(stay at home, everyone!).  Mail in ballots are easier to commit fraud with.

"Covid mid term variant" LMAO You got any evidence for ^these fantasies? Or just pulled it out of your ass?

Q and Trump would be proud of your conspiracy theories; just to help right wing election prospects.