Banning Canadian Culture

The Director of the Waterloo District School Board has banned the Halloween parades that young children and parents have loved for decades.  So much for one of the few Canadian traditions communities enjoy.  How did we come to this point?  It’s time for parents to push back against this attempt to erase Canadian culture.

https://kitchener.citynews.ca/amp/local-news/no-halloween-celebrations-at-wrdsb-schools-4510063

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Christmas is not inclusive, is that next, nor is any religious holiday thanksgiving, easter, it does not mean it is not part of our culture. lots of events do not fit the all-inclusive program, including Remembrance Day, or any of the LGBTQ holidays or events. maybe it is time to go scrub every and become neutral. a nation without culture. it is another example of how this generation is very different than everyone Elses. 

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

The Director of the Waterloo District School Board has banned the Halloween parades

What does the School Board have to do with parades? What kind of board has one director?
For that matter WTF does Halloween have to do with Canadian culture?

If you look hard enough for something to bitch about and stretch your imagine to the utmost, you'll be sure to find it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, herbie said:

What does the School Board have to do with parades? What kind of board has one director?

If you look hard enough for something to bitch about and stretch your imagine to the utmost, you'll be sure to find it.

I agree with you on some level BUT this feels like a killjoy project.

9 hours ago, herbie said:

Do you ever tire of rolling over?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

How did we come to this point? 

this is what a Communist takeover looks like

it has happened the same way in many places before

the Communists indoctrinate & infiltrate

hollowing your institutions out from the inside

replacing your culture with their totalitarian collectivist Utopia

by way of the Hegelian Dialectic

they will erase your culture with their ideology, decrying your beliefs as the "Opiate of the Masses"

• Like 2

People are too overwhelmed and brainwashed to push back.  Canadian culture is being actively erased.  It’s not valued or protected, just like our rights.  I’m seriously thinking it may be better to leave Canada to the Marxist-nihilist woke-green activists.  Post-national state is too entrenched.  All the fake left-wing tyrants like Trudeau have to do is cry extremism and the CBC falls in line.  Canada doesn’t stand much chance.  Look how easily a time-honoured guy like Don Cherry was canceled to feed our ideologue media.

Halloween is another nail in the coffin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

People are too overwhelmed and brainwashed to push back.  Canadian culture is being actively erased.  It’s not valued or protected, just like our rights.  I’m seriously thinking it may be better to leave Canada to the Marxist-nihilist woke-green activists.  Post-national state is too entrenched.  All the fake left-wing tyrants like Trudeau have to do is cry extremism and the CBC falls in line.  Canada doesn’t stand much chance.  Look how easily a time-honoured guy like Don Cherry was canceled to feed our ideologue media.

Halloween is another nail in the coffin.

we are none the less summoned

by our grandfathers & great grandfathers before us

to go over the top into the storm

the torch they passed with failing hands to us,  held high

even if it be the forlorn hope

as one never leaves the regiment, but feet first in a pine box

pipes skirling, colours flying

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

people will be convinced when they are wiped out by a global financial & economic crisis

all local politics are driven by geopolitics

I guess... But this strikes me as something that the wonky class only could relate to.

I hear people say that they're canceling Halloween and that gets me upset enough, I don't need somebody drawing a line to global whatever...

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I guess... But this strikes me as something that the wonky class only could relate to.

I hear people say that they're canceling Halloween and that gets me upset enough, I don't need somebody drawing a line to global whatever...

don't mind me, I'm just shooting the breeze, spinning some tunes & enjoying my weekend off

I only really post for my followers

I didn't mean to bother you

So I gather most posters know as little about how boards work as they do how politics works. Never been on one to see, never got involved, just 'heard' from someone as ill informed as themselves and as lacking in rational thought.

A "Board" is a committee, the people elected to it are called Directors of the Board. Some School Boards refer to them as Trustees, the Chairperson might possibly be referred to as the Director.
The person acting as such does not make the decisions, motions are made by the members, voted on by the board and approved if passed.

So the headline should read "The School Board" not "The Director of the School Board". And I ask again WTF does the School Board have to do with parades unless it's one sponsored by schools or on school property?

I ask again also - WTF does a Halloween parade remotely have to do with Canadian culture?

I'm finding that knee jerk reaction to erroneous and inflammatory headlines by the same lot of deplorables that ignores every despicable and criminal act by anyone they consider 'on their side' is getting tiring. The dim milk like perceptions of reality seem to indicate cataracts of the brain is the latest pandemic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, herbie said:

So I gather most posters know as little about how boards work as they do how politics works. Never been on one to see, never got involved, just 'heard' from someone as ill informed as themselves and as lacking in rational thought.

A "Board" is a committee, the people elected to it are called Directors of the Board. Some School Boards refer to them as Trustees, the Chairperson might possibly be referred to as the Director.
The person acting as such does not make the decisions, motions are made by the members, voted on by the board and approved if passed.

So the headline should read "The School Board" not "The Director of the School Board". And I ask again WTF does the School Board have to do with parades unless it's one sponsored by schools or on school property?

I ask again also - WTF does a Halloween parade remotely have to do with Canadian culture?

I'm finding that knee jerk reaction to erroneous and inflammatory headlines by the same lot of deplorables that ignores every despicable and criminal act by anyone they consider 'on their side' is getting tiring. The dim milk like perceptions of reality seem to indicate cataracts of the brain is the latest pandemic.

You demonstrate your ignorance. You actually don’t know the structure of school boards.  The trustees are not directors.  There’s one director, appointed by the trustees.  The trustees answer to parents and are elected by citizens in wards.

Halloween is very much a Canadian tradition.  It’s also an American one.  The British and other Europeans don’t really celebrate it.  Do you understand what culture is?

If you don’t know what a parade within a school of primary children dressed up in costumes is, I guess you didn’t grow up in Canada.

Deplorables?  You’re using a U.S. Democrat insult of Trumpian populists.  That applies here how?

Get back to us in 10 years when you grow up.  

• Like 1

Duhhh! Repeat what I just said word for word and tell me I said something different.

The person at the head of the table with the gavel (whatever you want to call them) does not make the decisions. A majority does, not one person.

When I went to school, and the schools my kids went to there were no 'parades', they did have costume contests and the School Board's rulings were to table the petition by some butthole parents to cancel Halloween things as they were Satanic.

Once again whatever tiny, insignificant smidgeon of a part Halloween plays in Canadian culture, the same disgruntled lot blows it up like it's an issue to give a flying f*** about.

On 10/14/2022 at 11:04 PM, herbie said:

Every kid I knew growing up in Canada celebrated Halloween as a cultural holiday, so yes its a pat of Canadian culture.  It's a western tradition.

If you're from a country that doesn't celebrate Halloween your child can either assimilate or not participate or you could choose not to move to Canada, but in no way should Canadians stop celebrating its traditions in order to accommodate a small minority that isn't really even asking to be accommodated.  I certainly would never ask or expect ie: India to stop celebrating Indian traditions just because my western family moved to India.  If I didn't want to live in India I wouldn't have moved there.

SJW's who are too weak to make these kinds of decisions shouldn't be an admin in a school board.  This is yet another example of self-inflicted cultural genocide.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, herbie said:

It's not just about a "parade".  I've never even heard about a "parade" except by the OP.  They don't want costumes, decorations, handing out candy etc.  Halloween is a very popular holiday tradition that's been celebrated in Canada for a very long time.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/wrdsb-insists-they-re-not-cancelling-halloween-cite-mixed-messaging-as-issue-1.5628754