Emergency Act commission

myata

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I accept facts when presented with  proof, not hearsay.

Put your money where your mouth is.  Prove your statement "Then why did Trudeau ask to extend the EA?."    Because you cannot, as it did not happen.

So you’re saying there was no EA in effect.  Ignore facts and get ignored.

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Don't know her, can't say. She did talk too much and they could have voted but.... they did not.

Her personal  issues do not make her any less talkative.

You, like westconman seem to think you know a lot about other people.  You accuse me of idolizing dishonest people.  You do not know me so, I say, your defence of the senator is in the same category, you do not know here either so, your post is BS.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Trudeau scrapped the EA that his party fought so hard to maintain because the Senate was about to vote and it didn’t look like the act would be supported. I do have a good sense of character. Trudeau, Freeland, Lametti, Mendocino, and most of the Cabinet came off looking like power hungry manipulators. It was disgusting actually.  I remember people overseas watching Canadian Parliamentary Question Period for the first time.  It was clear that a modern western democracy was pushing hard to curtail rights in significant ways.  The mandates, EA, freezing of accounts, and vilification of legitimate protesters were unprecedented in Canadian history, really in world history.  Comparisons were drawn to protests in Eastern Bloc Europe and even 1930’s Germany.  It’s a dark period of our history that will forever be associated with Justin Trudeau’s Liberals for a significant segment of the population.  You can downplay it, but, Methinks thou doth protest too much.  You must know how opposable your arguments are, yet you persist to fight like the Holy Grail limbless knight.  It’s Quixotic.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

Neither of us even said the Senate voted on it ?

I find he's in such a rush to disagree with ANYTHING, he doesn't comprehend what he's reading.

His posts are a mish-mash of straw man arguments, infinitely narrow points of view, refusal to acknowledge facts, baseless insults, name-calling and platitudes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, WestCanMan said:

His posts are a mish-mash of straw man arguments, infinitely narrow points of view, refusal to acknowledge facts, baseless insults, name-calling and platitudes. 

I will help you out here.

Don't like what I say?

Puts you on the spot to prove your statements?

Getting caught up in your BS?

Well, ignore me. Put me on ignore and I will be gone :)

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Anyone with half a brain knows that Trudeau scrapped the EA that his party fought so hard to maintain because the Senate was about to vote and it didn’t look like the act would be supported. I do have a good sense of character. Trudeau, Freeland, Lametti, Mendocino, and most of the Cabinet came off looking like power hungry manipulators. It was disgusting actually.  I remember people overseas watching Canadian Parliamentary Question Period for the first time.  It was clear that a modern western democracy was pushing hard to curtail rights in significant ways.  The mandates, EA, freezing of accounts, and vilification of legitimate protesters were unprecedented in Canadian history, really in world history.  Comparisons were drawn to protests in Eastern Bloc Europe and even 1930’s Germany.  It’s a dark period of our history that will forever be associated with Justin Trudeau’s Liberals for a significant segment of the population.  You can downplay it, but, Methinks thou doth protest too much.  You must know how opposable your arguments are, yet you persist to fight like the Holy Grail limbless knight.  It’s Quixotic.

BS.

Complete and utter BS.

But hey, it is your BS and stick to it :)

• Downvote 4

Just now, WestCanMan said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that there are those whose denial is so deep that they can’t face facts.

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Did I ever say that??? In your imagination perhaps.

Get a grip and stay with facts.

So you admit that Trudeau invoked an act but canceled it just before the vote he needed to have go his way in the Senate to approve it.  You think that Trudeau suddenly didn’t want the act that just two days prior his entire party supported in the House?  Lol

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I believe you said "maybe do you support the protesters in China? "

I disputed saying anything about China. You seem to be unable to comprehend that.

What affair?? The EMA?

I have lots of opinions on it and said so in this thread.  They are opinions, just as your opinions are yours.

I also said, I do not compare Canada to any other country. You don't have to believe anything if you don't want to.

OK...I think...rather obscure but...ya.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 7:18 PM, Moonbox said:

None of those are my favorite sources, but I understand mentioning them is part of your programming.  

Probably because it's not really even real news.  

I'm curious as to what some of your favourite news sources are. Can you share?

And again, you talk about my "programming" but you clearly only watch news sources that you feel are agreeing with your narrative. We rely on different sources and often come to totally different conclusions.

I do not think that the government should be funding news agencies that will be covering them. It's a waste of taxpayer dollars.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that there are those whose denial is so deep that they can’t face facts.

So you admit that Trudeau invoked an act but canceled it just before the vote he needed to have go his way in the Senate to approve it.  You think that Trudeau suddenly didn’t want the act that just two days prior his entire party supported in the House?  Lol

Fact is, Trudeau invoked the EMA and then revoked the EMA. All else is extraneous nonsense because it never happened.

Sorry to hit you on the head with the reality hammer but, those are the facts.

lies.jpg

Edited by ExFlyer

17 hours ago, ironstone said:

I'm curious as to what some of your favourite news sources are. Can you share?

And again, you talk about my "programming" but you clearly only watch news sources that you feel are agreeing with your narrative. We rely on different sources and often come to totally different conclusions.

I do not think that the government should be funding news agencies that will be covering them. It's a waste of taxpayer dollars.

I really think at this stage in our development, all government subsidies to media should be dropped along with CanCon rules.  The bureaucracy is expensive and unnecessary.  Those creators who have entertaining and persuasive products will succeed and those who don’t won’t.  Let’s get rid of these gate keepers who decide what has value for public consumption.  It’s time to lean out the CRTC.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I really think at this stage in our development, all government subsidies to media should be dropped along with CanCon rules.  The bureaucracy is expensive and unnecessary.  Those creators who have entertaining and persuasive products will succeed and those who don’t won’t.  Let’s get ride of these gate keepers who decide what has value for public consumption.  It’s time to lean out the CRTC.

Our Gov't gave CBC a $675M/yr raise after they pimped 2012 Duffygate as a 2015 election issue, gave $600M to 'select media outlets' (and the president of the UNIFORS union was one of the people in charge of deciding who got that money - a man who declared his union was the official opposition against the conservatives) "so that they could provide accurate media coverage prior to the 2019 election", then gave $61M to a top secret group of media outlets to "provide accurate media coverage prior to the 2019 election".

Damn right it has to stop. 

They also tried to gift the WE 'charity', aka Trudeau Youth Camp, almost $1B to brainwash children with this type of thing:

Then our PM uses a jumbo jet to fly media sycophants around the country to cover his election campaigns because he feels like reporters in Mtl, Van, Edm, Regina, Winnipeg etc aren't skilled enough to bear true witness to his glory.

If Trump used AF2 to fly Fox reporters, Project Veritas, etc around the country the left would scream bloody murder, and the excuse of "I bought carbon offsets to make up for the fuel we burned" would be rejected entirely. 

The amount of taxpayer money that our federal gov't spends on their own re-election is staggering.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I can't even believe that the WE scandal just magically went away. The Trudeau propaganda that they were indoctrinating our children with was obscene. 

I'd love to know what percent of the loot that Margaret Trudeau made in her lifetime as a public speaker came from the WE charity events that her son bankrolled through the federal gov't. Does anyone else even pay her?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I'd love to know what percent of the loot that Margaret Trudeau made in her lifetime as a public speaker came from the WE charity events that her son bankrolled through the federal gov't.

Looks like we are turning, gradually, slowly but very steadily and confidently to that kind of a country. No questions asked, no answers needed and no consequences for anybody.

Edited by myata
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The amount of taxpayer money that our federal gov't spends on their own re-election is staggering.

"Because we can" (the motto). Traditions, conventions (if there were any to begin with) will wear out with time and entropy. And then, what remains?

• Like 1

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-poilievre-smart-to-abandon-convoy-protesters?fbclid=IwAR2g8rexbhflGcGbT52dZoLS378L0LcueX-6aq8ouf5fZhYlSCQtOFtvUP8

The Toronto Sun published a column accusing Poilievre of abandoning his Convoy pals...   

Spare a thought and a prayer, if you will, for the convoy types. Because they are sad and lonely these days. Their suitor and champion has abandoned them, you see. Pierre Poilievre has ghosted the convoy folk.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It seems the Star desperately wants Poilievre to be as much of a sell-out as their editorial board.  I know you and Exflyer want to catch him out as well.  Misery loves company.  There’s only one federal political option in Canada, the Communist — I mean Liberal — Party of Canada.  

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, myata said:

There are no options, only an infinite trough. Or so it was dreamed and designed.

Yes but we have elections, so it’s a democracy…Lol. Hard not to be cynical about “the system” when you see how oppressive it can be.  So much compromise, fabrication, and dysfunction.  Basically live according go your values and try to make positive change where you can.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes but we have elections, so it is

Elections is not only a word, stamp. Elections is the essence, ability to support social platform or force that represents you and your interests. And in Canada it's restricted to the point where very little of the essence is left, factually and actually.

We cannot vote for a party that represents us: entry of new political entities is restricted to the maximum by written and unwritten barriers and controls. Why crazy cost barriers to register a candidate? Whose interests are served by it? The default duo makes sure that the pie remains for them to divide and enjoy.

And voting for a pseudo-representative means very little now, as they are completely controlled by the party apparatus, often unelected.

So is it still a democracy? Well... how do we know?

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s sick to have a “natural governing party” as our Liberals are described.  I guess other parties are unnatural with “unacceptable views.”

How about organic as opposed to non-organic? Non-organic comes with more pesticides and organic is more expensive and both still come with pests so...it's 6 of one and half a doz of the other I guess.

Edited by eyeball