Emergency Act commission

myata

43 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Making stuff up? Do you live in a bubble?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/thousands-in-china-protest-zero-covid-policy-in-largest-demonstrations-in-decades

The reason I ask is, how can anyone think what happened here is fine...and in fact justifiable...and support the Chinese people in this massive...noisy...traffic halting protest?

There's a huge difference - for starters, Canadians were never confined to their homes.  That you can't understand the difference between Canada and China is bizarre at best.

Just now, dialamah said:

There's a huge difference - for starters, Canadians were never confined to their homes.  That you can't understand the difference between Canada and China is bizarre at best.

Ahhhh...so the degree of infraction determines the right to protest. 

What's bizarre is that you thought the trucker convoy was illegal, yet other people are free to protest. As long as they don't cross your path.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Thank you. I told you Trudeau revoked the EMA.

It is the Senate that gets all of the credit for putting an end to the fascist EMA, 100%.

Trudeau saw that the Senate was voting to put an end to it, and if it did their comments about it were going to end up in the news cycle and attached to his name throughout the rest of history.

The Senate put Trudeau in a position where he had no choice but do it. 

You're welcome. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Canadians were forced to take a dangerous injection which doesn't actually do anything. 

They weren't allowed to visit their dying family members in the hospital. 

Trudeau denied Canadians the right to peaceful protest, lied about upstanding Canadians & hate-mongered against them, froze their bank accounts, discriminated against them, and he led the biggest disinformation campaign in Canadian history, all to the benefit of big pharma.

Stop downplaying this and acting like it's ok in a 'free' country. 

48 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

There's a huge difference - for starters, Canadians were never confined to their homes. 

Thats what you said...

45 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Not what I said, but trust you not to understand even the simplest of statements.

What part of your statement does not make the degree of infraction the determining factor in supporting a protest?

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Making stuff up? Do you live in a bubble?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/thousands-in-china-protest-zero-covid-policy-in-largest-demonstrations-in-decades

The reason I ask is, how can anyone think what happened here is fine...and in fact justifiable...and support the Chinese people in this massive...noisy...traffic halting protest?

My question to you is not in a bubble.

You accused , or asked me if I support Chinese protesters. I asked you where you got that information. I asked you to prove that I had such inkling.

I ask you what you are talking about. I could notcare less what happens in China yet you seem to think I support something there. That is the stuff you are making up.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

It is the Senate that gets all of the credit for putting an end to the fascist EMA, 100%.

Trudeau saw that the Senate was voting to put an end to it, and if it did their comments about it were going to end up in the news cycle and attached to his name throughout the rest of history.

The Senate put Trudeau in a position where he had no choice but do it. 

You're welcome. 

The senate gets no credit, It was invoked and revoked before the senate had even done anything.

That is 100%.

"Just a day after MPs approved it and potentially hours before being put to vote in the Senate, emergency measures invoked by the Trudeau Liberals last week have been revoked."

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/breaking-justin-trudeau-set-to-revoke-emergencies-act

Try as you might, your take is BS, fake news, and totally false.. LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

8 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The senate gets no credit, It was invoked and revoked before the senate had even done anything.

That is 100%.

"Just a day after MPs approved it and potentially hours before being put to vote in the Senate, emergency measures invoked by the Trudeau Liberals last week have been revoked."

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/breaking-justin-trudeau-set-to-revoke-emergencies-act

It is an extremely important historical fact that the Senate vote was the actual reason the EMA was ended.

All future discussions related to the EMA will now take place with full knowledge of the fact that the Senate has the power to end the EMA, they actually will use it, and that a PM who is more worried about the public's perception of themselves than they are about the good governance of the country will likely ditch the EMA to save face if the Senate vote appears like it will go the wrong way.

Now you've have been exposed to all of the pertinent facts, and I'll leave you to display your legendary ignorance....

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It is an extremely important historical fact that the Senate vote was the actual reason the EMA was ended.

All future discussions related to the EMA will now take place with full knowledge of the fact that the Senate has the power to end the EMA, they actually will use it, and that a PM who is more worried about the public's perception of themselves than they are about the good governance of the country will likely ditch the EMA to save face if the Senate vote appears like it will go the wrong way.

It's good to know the Senate has that ability to check the power of the PMO but it'll always take time to determine which way the wind is blowing - it's not like the Senate will have the desire to use it's power the day after someone invokes an EMA because that could just as easily cause an emergency to blow up in everyone's faces.  

Hindsight will always be 20/20 no matter what the emergency.  

Now I've have been exposed to all of the pertinent facts,

FIFY.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's good to know the Senate has that ability to check the power of the PMO but it'll always take time to determine which way the wind is blowing - it's not like the Senate will have the desire to use it's power the day after someone invokes an EMA because that could just as easily cause an emergency to blow up in everyone's faces.   

I never advocated for "instantly", I just said that it took to long the last time. 

Now you've have been exposed to all of the pertinent facts, and I'll leave you to display your legendary ignorance....

Do you just argue for the sake of doing so? Or admitting you are completely wrong so difficult for you? LOL

The senate has the opportunity to invoke it as well as to revoke it but...they did neither. They were too late in both in this particular case.

As the article stated, the senate never even voted on the implementation, let alone revoking it. Once more, just for you:

Edited by ExFlyer

I never advocated for "instantly", I just said that it took to long the last time. 

Yes but don't forget you people were screaming fweedumb and tearing your face diapers off a couple months into the pandemic so who knows what your definition of instantly or too long is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Do you just argue for the sake of doing so? Or admitting you are completely wrong so difficult for you? LOL

The senate has the opportunity to invoke it as well as to revoke it but...they did neither. They were too late in both in this particular case.

As the article stated, the senate never even voted on the implementation, let alone revoking it. Once more, just for you:

Senators were already in the chamber making their remarks about how ridiculous the invocation of the EMA was. The vote wasn't going his way. He saw the writing on the wall and he didn't want to get embarrassed by the Senate, so he ran and took his ball away with him.

Trudeau's enduring legacy is that he is the only PM to ever make the Senate relevant. 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Yes but don't forget you people were screaming fweedumb and tearing your face diapers off a couple months into the pandemic so who knows what your definition of instantly or too long is.

Kamala Harris says fweedumb, it's a leftard word.

Rather than make up stuff about me, you should be reflecting on all the stupid things that you said and did over the last 3 years. 

Go hang your head in shame eyeball. 

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Kamala Harris says fweedumb, it's a leftard word...

I did not know that.

Rather than make up stuff about me, you should be reflecting on all the stupid things that you said and did over the last 3 years.

It's certainly harder to call you a liar when you agree face diaper was a right-wing term - best employed when throwing them away with a dumb-ass smirk.

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

My question to you is not in a bubble.

You accused , or asked me if I support Chinese protesters. I asked you where you got that information. I asked you to prove that I had such inkling.

I ask you what you are talking about. I could notcare less what happens in China yet you seem to think I support something there. That is the stuff you are making up.

Nope. Flyer I'm just wondering how you draw a line on principal. 

We see one person already pipe up and claim the principal is different because it's in China. An interesting idea.

How does one manage one's...what...personal fortitude?

Look...I'll start.

I think the Chinese have every reason...and right...to protest like they did. And it looks like Xi had the intellect to understand the situation,  because he conceded some.

Anyway...I'm just curious...

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

That is 100%.

Then why did Trudeau ask to extend the EA?   All that debate and voting on extending the EA only to revoke it two days later just before the Senate vote?  It was very clear that the Senate was lining up to depose the EA.  Trudeau would have been isolated.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I did not know that.

It's certainly harder to call you a liar when you agree face diaper was a right-wing term - best employed when throwing them away with a dumb-ass smirk.

I'm not a liar, and you know that because there's nothing you can point at to say that I am a liar, so there's that.

Yes, face-diaper is a term that RW'ers use, I personally don't use it but I don't mind being painted with the same brush as the people who do, because there's no other group in the world that I'd rather be associated with than conservatives. 

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Then why did Trudeau ask to extend the EA?   All that debate and voting on extending the EA only to revoke it two days later just before the Senate vote?  It was very clear that the Senate was lining up to depose the EA.  Trudeau would have been isolated.  

I wouldn't say isolated.

496787023_ScreenShot2022-12-02at3_04_23PM.png.1a8c14c21e9e5105f3811461655fd6a9.png

His LPOC/NDP coalition is still a rock-solid voting block for him. We'd probably still be living under the EMA right now if it was just up to votes in the HoC.