Emergency Act commission

myata

25 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Officially, yes, but the Senate was in the process of voting to revoke it themselves. He just stepped in to save face because he didn't want it to go down in the books as "squashed by the Senate".

Some things needed to be stalled. It was a joke the way things went down. 

Our government's complete control over "whether or not we have access to our own money" is way beyond acceptable. 

Officially is the way it went down. Trudeau revoked it.

I disagree. There are things and times when action must be taken. Stalling could make things worse. Far too often consensus is not reached and things do not get done. Like being a parent where one does or says something without consulting the spouse.

Our government control is as it has always been. Majority rules. Be it conservative or liberal governments.

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OMG dude, you need to get a grip. 

Trudeau wasn't on pace to revoke it at all, he did an abrupt about-face when he saw that the Senate was going to rain on his military parade. 

Our government control is as it has always been. Majority rules. Be it conservative or liberal governments.

Before Trudeau was PM, that never meant "I have all the power, now I'm going to force everyone in the country to do as I say!"

51 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I disagree. There are things and times when action must be taken. Stalling could make things worse. Far too often consensus is not reached and things do not get done. Like being a parent where one does or says something without consulting the spouse.

Just out of curiosity Flyer...

How do you feel...or maybe do you support the protesters in China?

Danielle Kubes: The Liberals, not the Freedom Convoy, are who made this a 'banana republic'

So the truth is finally out: the Liberals were pressured by some of the CEOs of Canada’s big five banks to stop the Freedom Convoy.

"That the Liberals chose to use an unprecedented state power instead of, let’s say, talking with the protesters, or rolling back vaccine mandates (that have completely disappeared anyway) is a prime example of how they disregard the rights and freedoms of Canadian citizens.

What the Liberals failed to realize, and continue to fail to realize, is that they are the ones who created the conditions for the Freedom Convoy to thrive, with their support for draconian COVID measures, which, along with Italy and Australia, were among the strictest or longest in the developed world.

A country of loyalists and royalists, we never fought for our freedom from the Crown and it shows. To our credit, we are generally more concerned with order and stability. But even we, or at least some of us, have our breaking point"

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/liberals-more-concerned-about-the-whims-of-bank-ceos-than-their-own-people

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG dude, you need to get a grip. 

Trudeau wasn't on pace to revoke it at all, he did an abrupt about-face when he saw that the Senate was going to rain on his military parade. 

Before Trudeau was PM, that never meant "I have all the power, now I'm going to force everyone in the country to do as I say!"

I have a grip. It was Trudeau that revoked it.  It was officially enacted and officially revoked.

Before Trudeau, Harper had all the power, and he used it numerous times to do things his way.

15 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Just out of curiosity Flyer...

How do you feel...or maybe do you support the protesters in China?

Huh?

China?

Do you have a point?

I am trying to have a civil conversation. I think my posts are clear. You have issues with them, by all means, go ahead. that is what civil conversations are all about.

20 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Huh?

China?

Do you have a point?

I am trying to have a civil conversation. I think my posts are clear. You have issues with them, by all means, go ahead. that is what civil conversations are all about.

Was my question uncivilized?

Do you support the Chinese protests?

48 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I have a grip. It was Trudeau that revoked it.  It was officially enacted and officially revoked.

No, you have a revisionist history episode going on, or you're blissfully 'unaware' again. For the billionth time in a row. Hmmmm, there might be a pattern there....

Before Trudeau, Harper had all the power, and he used it numerous times to do things his way.

Harper never used martial law, only the Trudeau's have ever done that. 

22 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Was my question uncivilized?

Do you support the Chinese protests?

I said Huh? Your questions make no sense to me.

You asked how I feel. I wanted to know why you even cared.

I have never spoken, written or talked about China. I have no idea where you are coming from or trying to go.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

No, you have a revisionist history episode going on, or you're blissfully 'unaware' again. For the billionth time in a row. Hmmmm, there might be a pattern there....

Harper never used martial law, only the Trudeau's have ever done that. 

No revisionism at all. If Trudeau did not revoke the EMA, who did and how. You tell me your version of how and by who it was revoked.

Why would have Harper use martial law? Who said he did?  Harper used his majority power to bring lots of things into law. Many of them were subsequently revoked by the Supreme court.

Edited by ExFlyer

22 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

No revisionism at all. If Trudeau did not revoke the EMA, who did and how. You tell me your version of how and by who it was revoked.

You must be drunk.

Why would have Harper use martial law? Who said he did?  Harper used his majority power to bring lots of things into law. Many of them were subsequently revoked by the Supreme court.

Of course he didn't, because he wasn't a G-d fascist. 

41 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

oh,  that's good to know

as the Senate was the only institution which took my calls

so I said I everything I had to say, to the Speaker of the Senate's office

they were quite frankly very respectful and deferential to me

they carefully took down everything I said, I know, as they then read it back to me word for word

the Senate, it seemed to me,  were performing their role of providing sober second thought

Bravo Zulu

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I said Huh? Your questions make no sense to me.

You asked how I feel. I wanted to know why you even cared.

I have never spoken, written or talked about China. I have no idea where you are coming from or trying to go.

I'd have thought that obvious.

How can one be supportive of these Chinese protests, yet not be supportive of the trucker protest?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Harper never used martial law,

But he could, as anyone in his position. And thanks to Justine this is now obvious. That is the real problem, not Trudeaus. If it can happen it will, a matter of when not if.

Banana republic, too. Seriously, why not? What is there, exists in reality not only glorious chatting that can prevent and stop it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Wow you’re out to lunch. Trudeau revoked it only because he knew the Senate looked like it would vote against it.  He was trying to assert more power and authority.  Moves like the freezing of bank accounts were unprecedented in a democracy.  Freeland gloried in it.

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I'd have thought that obvious.

How can one be supportive of these Chinese protests, yet not be supportive of the trucker protest?

What Chinese protests? How and when did I ever say anything about China, Chinese or Chinese protests?

How did I support them?

What are you deflecting to?

Edited by ExFlyer

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Wow you’re out to lunch. Trudeau revoked it only because he knew the Senate looked like it would vote against it.  He was trying to assert more power and authority.  Moves like the freezing of bank accounts were unprecedented in a democracy.  Freeland gloried in it.

Bottom line is Trudeau enacted it and Trudeau revoked it.

You can play and imagine whatever you want but you have no proof of your assumptions.

He did it and it got the action he wanted and that is what it was about.

31 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Bottom line is Trudeau enacted it and Trudeau revoked it.

You can play and imagine whatever you want but you have no proof of your assumptions.

He did it and it got the action he wanted and that is what it was about.

You’re such an uncritical apologist for the government.  I stand by my opinion that you’re not who you claim to be.  Use of the EA was a failure of leadership.  Much could’ve been done to de-escalate the situation and resolve the tensions with a fair and reasonable plan to remove the mandates and other measures which should’ve been communicated as extraordinarily and temporary. Many vaccinated people thought that they were unnecessary. More than half the country didn’t vote Liberal or NDP, yet half the country was essentially ignored and treated as lesser beings.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

32 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re such an uncritical apologist for the government.  I stand by my opinion that you’re not who you claim to be.  Use of the EA was a failure of leadership.  Much could’ve been done to de-escalate the situation and resolve the tensions with a fair and reasonable plan to remove the mandates and other measures which should’ve been communicated as extraordinarily and temporary. Many vaccinated people thought that they were unnecessary. More than half the country didn’t vote Liberal or NDP, yet half the country was essentially ignored and treated as lesser beings.  

I cannot believe you think I am apologizing when all I am doing is stating fact.

Your post is about way more than what I said or even care about.

I only said Trudeau invoked and Trudeau revoked the EMA. No more, no less.

All the other stuff you and some others are posting to me is extraneous and only touting your own position.

Here it is again, like it or not, Trudeau invoked and Trudeau revoked the EMA.  It is what it was, all is history now.

Edited by ExFlyer

17 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Huh...it's a rather simple question. 

Uhh, no, it is not simple.

Why are you accusing me of supporting Chinese protests? Why can you not answer my questions? Is it because you once again are making stuff up?

Again

"What Chinese protests? How and when did I ever say anything about China, Chinese or Chinese protests?

How did I support them?

What are you deflecting to?"

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Uhh, no, it is not simple.

Why are you accusing me of supporting Chinese protests? Why can you not answer my questions? Is it because you once again are making stuff up?

Again

"What Chinese protests? How and when did I ever say anything about China, Chinese or Chinese protests?

How did I support them?

What are you deflecting to?"

Making stuff up? Do you live in a bubble?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/thousands-in-china-protest-zero-covid-policy-in-largest-demonstrations-in-decades

The reason I ask is, how can anyone think what happened here is fine...and in fact justifiable...and support the Chinese people in this massive...noisy...traffic halting protest?

• Like 1