Emergency Act commission

myata

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

100% it is my opinion of watching the commison. The unfortunate thing is that we cannot discuss it very well since you saw none of it so, I am not sure what your opinion is worth?

I saw clips. The convoy attorneys never showed them, let alone even brought them up and the first 2 weeks or more were all about what went on at the protest.

You are right, "what conspiracy theories"? The protesters lawyers mentioned "events" and then were asked where the evidence was and they had none. That is debunking LOL

Prove what? You are correct, what were the convoy lawyers and witnesses trying to prove? The commissioner asked them that a lot.

There was plenty of time and opportunity to rip the government a new one and they did not. The protest lawyers did nothing but make statements and then asked if the government witness agreed. If they did, they made more statements. If they did not agree, they just went on anyway. I waited for questions, for zingers to nail the witness and that never happened. Even the commissioner and other lawyers kept asking, is there ever going to be a question.

1) Again, what conspiracy theories are you referring to? Do you speak English?

2) It has been established that the police didn't say that they needed the emergencies act to be invoked, that's the end of the actual debate right there. 

3) after invoking the emergencies act, the government proceeded to commit unnecessary and severe acts against Canadians who did absolutely wrong

Arguing with me is pointless. 

Surely it is, from the POV of helping you to gain understanding of anything, but your posts are always good for a laugh. 

As for being scripted, are you saying the convoy lawyers and convoy organizers and civil liberty legal staff all scripted their points, statements and few questions they asked? That they all colluded not to cross examine the government witnesses? Or are you saying the convoy legal team and government legal team got together and planned all the 6 weeks of questions and answers??

I'm saying that the gov't and their media cronies knew who was going to testify, what lies could be told and what truths would not be brought to light, what lies witnesses could get away with telling, how much credibility everyone's testimony would be given by the MSM, and that MSM disinformation would dominate the entire proceedings. 

The Chinese gov't can have a covid emergency commission come along and if they do I'm sure that they will use this one as their framework, and in the end it will fail to find fault with all the abuses of power by the Chinese gov't. Xinhua's coverage would will be every bit as credible and unbiased as CTV and CBC were. 

Th backdrop for this whole farce was that "The vaccines were so extremely successful at lowering the death toll that all of the force that was used to justifiable, and refusing to vax was a dangerous, selfish and silly choice", and that is a patently absurd. It didn't lower the death toll at all, and 85.7% of covid deaths are now among the vaxtards and vax-Nazis. 

On 10/21/2022 at 4:39 PM, eyeball said:

Did you not see where I said seriously?  You people really need to get a grip.

I was actually going to give Poilievre a chance but I'm starting to think I'm going back to basing my choice on the potential  influence followers will have on Canada's leaders.  Any party/country that includes as many people with the same insanely warped perspective as your's is unhealthy to say the least.  

This is one of the funniest things I've heard on this forum todate, you voting for PP, maybe pigs are going to fly... highly unlikely. 

And this country has already been warped by people who have wrapped themselves around the idea that the left is the direction that is best for the nation. I mean why does the majority of Canadians dislike Justin, with a good portion of them really hating him and everything he stands for. 

the left is the enemy, and the right will get into power and restore balance to the scales, i'm really hoping for a slaughter of most liberal and NDP seats, taking Justin's and NDP leaders' seats first, and the total destruction of the green party once and for all. 

26 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

This is one of the funniest things I've heard on this forum todate, you voting for PP, maybe pigs are going to fly... highly unlikely.

Even unlikelier now that Elizabeth May is coming back.

1. And this country has already been warped by people who have wrapped themselves around the idea that the left is the direction that is best for the nation.

2a. I mean why does the majority of Canadians dislike Justin,

2b. with a good portion of them really hating him and everything he stands for.

1. I think people becoming convinced that the right-wing is far far to saturated with dingbats and conspiratards to be trusted with our governance is why conservatives can't make headway.

2a. He's a silly shallow little dilettante is my guess. It's certainly not because people think he's Hitler incarnate.

2b. Unfortunately the manner by which this hatred finds expression is through the noisy minority of dingbats and conspiratards that keep effing everything up for the rest of right-wing.

the left is the enemy, and the right will get into power and restore balance to the scales, i'm really hoping for a slaughter of most liberal and NDP seats, taking Justin's and NDP leaders' seats first, and the total destruction of the green party once and for all. 

The left is not always what you think it is but you always did cleave towards the more extreme thinking that goes on in the extreme margins of the tent you huddle under.

I'm betting with Elizabeth May's return that the Greens will gain several seats and then make a concerted move towards the centre.  That's certainly what I'm hoping for at least.

“It means a different model for leadership that emphasizes that Greens do things differently,” May said in her victory speech on Saturday night, after insisting the other candidates, not just Pedneault, all join her on the stage.

“We don’t have a top-down leader or a boss who tells people what to say or where to go or how to vote,” she said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9292639/elizabeth-may-green-party-of-canada-leader-2022/

Edited by eyeball
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You do realize that you are basically seen on here as indistinguishable from Trudeau on mandates?  That’s why I don’t think you’re real.  Only a complete fool or fraud would so fervently defend Trudeau’s language.  Then again there’s an abundance of foolishness holding court in Trudeau’s Canada.  

Do you realize that you are basically seen on here as a conspiracy theorist?

Then again there’s an abundance of foolishness holding court on this forum from some of you.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

1) Again, what conspiracy theories are you referring to? Do you speak English?

2) It has been established that the police didn't say that they needed the emergencies act to be invoked, that's the end of the actual debate right there. 

3) after invoking the emergencies act, the government proceeded to commit unnecessary and severe acts against Canadians who did absolutely wrong

Surely it is, from the POV of helping you to gain understanding of anything, but your posts are always good for a laugh. 

I'm saying that the gov't and their media cronies knew who was going to testify, what lies could be told and what truths would not be brought to light, what lies witnesses could get away with telling, how much credibility everyone's testimony would be given by the MSM, and that MSM disinformation would dominate the entire proceedings. 

The Chinese gov't can have a covid emergency commission come along and if they do I'm sure that they will use this one as their framework, and in the end it will fail to find fault with all the abuses of power by the Chinese gov't. Xinhua's coverage would will be every bit as credible and unbiased as CTV and CBC were. 

Th backdrop for this whole farce was that "The vaccines were so extremely successful at lowering the death toll that all of the force that was used to justifiable, and refusing to vax was a dangerous, selfish and silly choice", and that is a patently absurd. It didn't lower the death toll at all, and 85.7% of covid deaths are now among the vaxtards and vax-Nazis. 

For a guy that did not watch one minute of the proceedings, you sure have a lot to say about what went on during them.

I am not going to play hypothetical games with you. No what ifs with you. Your closed mindedness has been obvious for as long as I have read your posts.

Give it up Dude, you have no credibility nor any insight on the commission . LOL

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You do realize that you are basically seen on here as indistinguishable from Trudeau on mandates?  That’s why I don’t think you’re real.  Only a complete fool or fraud would so fervently defend Trudeau’s language.  Then again there’s an abundance of foolishness holding court in Trudeau’s Canada.  

So says the guy who put Trudeau's response to the convoy on par with the crackdown that killed 20000 people in Tiananmen Square.

You're utterly oblivious to why Canadians view that sort of unreal thinking as being bizarre.  Only a complete fool would read that sort of intent into Trudeau's language.

Then again there’s an abundance of foolishness holding court in Trudeau’s Canada.

There's always been an abundance of foolishness in Trudeau's Canada - there's no need to invent ridiculous shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, herbie said:

Police beating people up?
I grew up in Vancouver in the 1960s/1970s I know what horseback charges wielding billy clubs in a full oink-out looks like.

The cops looked like limp-wrist wimps handling the mob in Ottawa like they were the Queen's tits! We ALL cheered when Justin found some balls!

I’d say that the EA and general reaction of the government to the protests are seen by half the country as a disgusting abomination of democracy.  The problem for Canadians is that the media and government are run by a segment of the other half of Canadians.  I’d call them the self-preserving elites who don’t really do much of consequence.  They can’t farm or build generally.  They don’t get their hands dirty or associate with the workers that they claim to support but actually loathe.  They’re entirely reliant on the obedience of the military and police.  It scared the hell out of the Liberals to see sympathy for the convoy among the police.  Trudeau, Freeland, and Lametti couldn’t believe that anyone would dare to try to change draconian policies through protests.  Their pride and fear of rebellion made them double down on their oppression, but it was oppression.  The rest of the world and half of Canadians saw the precariousness of a government trying to dictate how people should live and think.

The government shut down the protest, but the protest forced governments to relax policies.  Trudeau and Freeland wanted to maintain restrictions and to tighten them further.  The convoy did force government to back off somewhat.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ironstone said:

He then denied ever saying it on the witness stand.

Because he can. And unlike Clinton or Trump he knows there will be no consequences, for him at least. The commission"" will play out and put on the dusty shelves. Problem solved, issue closed.

And this proves that Canada is not and cannot be a full modern democracy. Pretty posters and happy elections"" with choice limited to the absolute minimum don't and can't make it such. Only transparency, responsibility and accountability of governments does. And we just don't have it, any of it. As proven and certified, yet again.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 7:27 PM, eyeball said:

1. I think people becoming convinced that the right-wing is far far to saturated with dingbats and conspiratards to be trusted with our governance is why conservatives can't make headway.

2a. He's a silly shallow little dilettante is my guess. It's certainly not because people think he's Hitler incarnate.

2b. Unfortunately the manner by which this hatred finds expression is through the noisy minority of dingbats and conspiratards that keep effing everything up for the rest of right-wing.

The left is not always what you think it is but you always did cleave towards the more extreme thinking that goes on in the extreme margins of the tent you huddle under.

I'm betting with Elizabeth May's return that the Greens will gain several seats and then make a concerted move towards the centre.  That's certainly what I'm hoping for at least.

Come on eyeball, you're going to hang your hat on that, shit just vote for the Block they have a better chance of power than she does.

Putting your vote with greens, that's does not spell out crazy does it. Crusty the clown has more sense than that entire racist bunch of clowns. 

Hope is what makes the world go around, good luck with all of that. 

22 hours ago, herbie said:

Police beating people up?
I grew up in Vancouver in the 1960s/1970s I know what horseback charges wielding billy clubs in a full oink-out looks like.

The cops looked like limp-wrist wimps handling the mob in Ottawa like they were the Queen's tits! We ALL cheered when Justin found some balls!

Justin has no balls he is a trans athlete, i heard boxing but i seen her box it was a train wreck.  

• Haha 2

On 11/27/2022 at 3:27 PM, eyeball said:

If Elizabeth May cared about the Green party she'd go into hiding. 

Even I'd like to see the Green party have a better leader, if only to be less of an embarrassment to our country. It would be a bonus if they could siphon more of the 'tard vote away from the village ijjit.

I think people becoming convinced that the right-wing is far far to saturated with dingbats and conspiratards to be trusted with our governance is why conservatives can't make headway.

Do you honestly still believe that the covid "vaccine" prevents infection and stops the spread? 

Do you still think that H2H transmission of covid isn't happening, or that it was sensible for The WHO to tell us all to bet on that?

Do you still think it was racist to block travel from China?

Do you still think that the lab leak theory is hilarious? 

Do you still think that there was no gain-of-function research done on the virus?

Do you still think that you can only get a bit sick if you vax, you can't end up in the hospital?

Do you think it made sense to allow people from covid ground zero to fly into Canada and walk around freely until we were saturated with covid, and then stop Canadians from walking around outside in parks? 

If you're still answering "yes" to all those questions, or even 2 of them, then of course your IQ is low enough that you think right-wingers are conspiratards. 

If you saw through all of that shit in real time, and you've been shaking your head at leftists for 3 years now, then you know that leftards are the actual conspiratards. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

If you saw through all of that shit in real time

I'd still know you're deflecting to avoid addressing your case rate fallacy and how Scientific American is in on the conspiracy to cancel you and advance the cause of Big Pharma, the World Wide Communist agenda and...fluoridation too for all I know.

In any case I still say people becoming convinced that the right-wing is far far to saturated with dingbats and conspiratards to be trusted with our governance is why conservatives can't make headway.

Thanks for being such an endless graphic evidence of why.

• Like 1

Just now, eyeball said:

I'd still know you're deflecting to avoid addressing your case rate fallacy and how Scientific American is in on the conspiracy to cancel you and advance the cause of Big Pharma, the World Wide Communist agenda and...fluoridation too for all I know.

In any case I still say people becoming convinced that the right-wing is far far to saturated with dingbats and conspiratards to be trusted with our governance is why conservatives can't make headway.

Thanks for being such an endless graphic evidence of why.

blahblahblahblah....

Grow up.

The fact is that I saw through all of those things in real time and you're still not even up to speed on any of it. You see the world through the eyes of a child. 

I know what CNN said. I know what Fauci said. I know what Global, CTV, CBC, and Trudeau told you.

Sorry to tell you, none of it was worth a 2/10 of sweet bugger all. You got sucked in, then you lowered the bar, got sucked in again, lowered the bar again, wallowed in some of their BS, flung some of their BS, injected some of their BS, cheered when other people were forced to wallow in their BS and then were injured by it, and yet you claim that you still can't even smell a whiff of BS.

I get it eyeball, you're in the top 1% of stooges in this country. Stop acting like it's a badge of honour. 

19 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Hmmmm, who should I trust?  A Scientific American article written by Joe Blow, or actual studies and data authored and researched by scientists at the top of their fields? ?

You're saying after almost 150 years as one of the most respected scientific publications on the planet they couldn't ensure an article on a well known phenomenon was correct? Okay let's see what others have to say.

https://www.google.com/search?q=base+rate+fallacy+vaccine&rlz=1CAUBRP_enCA1026&sxsrf=ALiCzsahxnEuLzQcFazXgdnN-KR7hCZARA%3A1669689325718&ei=7W-FY6vDK5DL0PEPs4O_4AQ&ved=0ahUKEwjr7ZO5rdL7AhWQJTQIHbPBD0wQ4dUDCA8&uact=5&oq=base+rate+fallacy+vaccine&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzIFCAAQgAQyBggAEBYQHjIFCAAQhgM6CggAEEcQ1gQQsAM6BQgAEKIEOgoIABCABBCxAxANOgcIABCABBANOggIABCABBCxAzoICAAQFhAeEA86BwghEKABEApKBAhBGABKBAhGGABQ2g5Yh_sBYMv-AWgJcAF4AIABhQGIAcUfkgEFMTguMjGYAQCgAQHIAQfAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Right from the get go above starts with

In settings where the majority of people are vaccinated, it may be true that there is an equal number of people, or even a greater number of people, who are vaccinated and become infected. Thinking that this means vaccines are ineffective is an example of a base rate fallacy or base rate bias. 

This next explanation of what this fallacy means fits WasteCanMan to a tee;

Description: Ignoring statistical information in favor of using irrelevant information, that one incorrectly believes to be relevant, to make a judgment.  This usually stems from the irrational belief that statistics don’t apply to a situation, for one reason or another when, in fact, they do.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/logicalfallacies/Base-Rate-Fallacy

It goes on and on.  So while figuring out yourself what a base rate fallacy is, especially as it relates to vaccines, feel free to fInd anything in here or anywhere else that conflicts with what Scientific American said it means.

I'll say right now that if whatever you come up with is alongside links to evidence of a flat Earth or protection from chemtrails that'll be our first clue that you're probably on LSD or something.

• Like 1