Emergency Act commission

myata

14 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That's why this thing happened while Trudeau was still PM, with full control of the media and the RCMP. I never even watched a minute of it. 

It would be like watching CTV and waiting for them to talk about their own disinformation. 

As I said earlier, I watched a great deal of the commission on TV and was surprised at how poorly the convoy lawyer Miller performed. If you did not ""even watched a minute of it. " then  you have not noting to say of any use  to say and your opinion and comment is pointless..

He had multiple opportunity to question, to bring forth witnesses and evidence and he failed each time. He made accusations against a person that was not even in Ottawa at the time and was proven incorrect by his own staff and now is being sued for libel.

He was unable to prove his claims and accusations and his conspiracy  theories were  consistently debunked and he had no defences to his statements.

This was a perfect opportunity for the convoy lawyers, witnesses and proponents to tear down government, Trudeau et all and they failed. They had no case.

They had a perfect opportunity and could not get their points across and here, on this forum, the rhetoric is still rampant. The convoy leadership and their representatives are all failures.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Where is the clip of him saying it???

You were asked to produce it several posts ago and yet , you cannot.

You claim of him lying is a lie in itself.

The pertinent part was in that video.

I'm not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be.

Plus it's been posted and discussed here numerous times and the same people keep demanding the same clip over and over and over. It's provided for you over and over and you ignore it and run away.  Then the next time its mentioned, you demand the clip again.

One thing the lawyers for the convoy and lawyers with all the freedom projects said is that EVERYONE knew when the EA was invoked that this inquiry would take place.  The city of Ottawa, the police groups - everyone had their documents ready to go and in on time for them to be examined.  But the Trudeau government, throughout the inquiry, would not provide the proper documents until after midnight on the night before they were needed. 

They did everything they could to thwart the inquiry.

18 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The pertinent part was in that video.

I'm not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be.

Plus it's been posted and discussed here numerous times and the same people keep demanding the same clip over and over and over. It's provided for you over and over and you ignore it and run away.  Then the next time its mentioned, you demand the clip again.

Neither.

Just making your rhetoric useless.

If you think this forum is where all the truth and facts are, you drank too much kool aid LOL

Bottom line in this thread about EMA is that the convoy proponents and defenders and witnesses were a huge failure in proving any of their points. Bringing up other stuff is a deflection of the EMA commission hearings and useless. Like it or not.

Face it, the reality of the situation is that in February, regardless if any blames is pinned on anyone, the report will be relegated to the archives of Canada and be forgotten.

The few, like you, will forever whine and moan and cry about it but bottom line is, a pimple on history's butt will be lanced and forgotten.

Edited by ExFlyer

21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Stop making everything about you.

Nice try  but, like normal, epic fail. 

13 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Ok, I found the same clip with English subtitles.

Near the end he asks: "Do we tolerate these people?"

OK.

The host said extremists. He said "they don't believe in science, they are often misogynists, also often racist". In response to Quebecers that the host called extremists.

26 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Nice try  but, like normal, epic fail. 

OK.

The host said extremists. He said "they don't believe in science, they are often misogynists, also often racist". In response to Quebecers that the host called extremists.

It's pretty clear to me that he did mean these things with regards to those that didn't want to be forced to vax.

Misogynist? Racist? Very harsh and he didn't mince words. I guess it's par for the course for a man that has led a pretty pampered lifestyle and when people stand up to him he won't tolerate it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ironstone said:

It's pretty clear to me that he did mean these things with regards to those that didn't want to be forced to vax.

Misogynist? Racist? Very harsh and he didn't mince words. I guess it's par for the course for a man that has led a pretty pampered lifestyle and when people stand up to him he won't tolerate it.

Yes, it is clear, to you and your ilk.

2 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Do you feel the same way about people that didn't want to be forced to get vaxxed? Or do you, like Trudeau, feel that way about everyone that has the audacity to disagree with you?

Not at all. As I have always said, it is your choice for your personal reasons and you live with that choice.

Everyone is entitled to agree or disagree with anyone. Would be a unusual place if all agreed with each other.

The only time I ever get 100% agreement with me is when I talk to myself. :)

22 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Back to the topic, EMA Commission.

Well, I watch a lot of the televised Commission.

I saw and heard what I expected from government attorneys and witnesses.

The remainder of Canadians in the middle just want to move on from those days."

I can't switch the channel fast enough when I'm surfing Canadian news and land on coverage of the commission.  I was like that when the stupid media covered the convoy seemingly 24/7.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I agree. With all the money the convoy constituancy has access to, you would think they could have found someone competent. 

The issue with the convoy is not their message. It is their tactics.

Their strategy is what really went to hell. They lost the issue the minute it was clear the US was who closed the border to truckers. The message went down the toilet and without it the convoy became an easy mark for being captured and driven off a cliff by dingbats.  Evel Knievel couldn't have done a better job. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I can't switch the channel fast enough when I'm surfing Canadian news and land on coverage of the commission.  I was like that when the stupid media covered the convoy seemingly 24/7.

I watched because I was interested particularly at what the pro convoy side had to present.

Judging by what I have been reading on this forum since February, I  honestly thought they would have  a truckload of videos, evidence, testimony and more.  The presented no videos. The witnesses said things and were quickly dispelled as having no proof of what they were saying. There was no evidence that they presented to support their case. Even when their lawyers cross examined, they only made statements and asked the witness if they agreed with a innocuous statement. Left you wondering if there was a question or accusation coming but there never was. It was a very disappointing display and they did nothing to discredit the government.

I had high hopes they had their stuff together and were going to nail the government or officials but they were all powder puff questions.

The only one that was defiant in any way and tried to push the pro convoy side was James Bauder but his off topic excursions and refusal to directly answer did not help is cause.

I think Lich, King and Barber testimonies were really lame but, in their defence, they may have held back because they still have court dates pending.

All in all, in my opinion, the pro convoy side was ineffective.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

One thing the lawyers for the convoy and lawyers with all the freedom projects said is that EVERYONE knew when the EA was invoked that this inquiry would take place.  The city of Ottawa, the police groups - everyone had their documents ready to go and in on time for them to be examined.  But the Trudeau government, throughout the inquiry, would not provide the proper documents until after midnight on the night before they were needed. 

They did everything they could to thwart the inquiry.

You know that it is the law to have this commission after the invocation EMA???

So, yes, they knew.

You are incorrect, they provided them all when asked. All lawyers had to prepare and ask for documentation and is was provided. Even ministerial and parliamentary privilege was dropped in most cases hence the telephone call transcripts, emails, text messages and hand written notes were released to all.

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

I watched because I was interested particularly at what the pro convoy side had to present.

Judging by what I have been reading on this forum since February, I  honestly thought they would have  a truckload of videos, evidence, testimony and more.  The presented no videos. The witnesses said things and were quickly dispelled as having no proof of what they were saying. There was no evidence that they presented to support their case.

We get the very same treatment from convoy supporters here when they present evidence for just about anything they talk about.  That the convoy was made up of exactly the same sort of chuds was obvious from the get go.

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

We get the very same treatment from convoy supporters here when they present evidence for just about anything they talk about.  That the convoy was made up of exactly the same sort of chuds was obvious from the get go.

100%

Also as I said, no one is obligated to agree with anyone.

What is surprising is that none of the "evidence " (that has been displayed here since February) was deemed true or significant or provable to be used in the commission cross examinations.

I was anti convoy because the convoy was for the border crossing issue but when the US prevented Canadian truckers form entering, they no lonnger had a grievance against Canadian government. Then it became a anti vaxx issue but, the vaccination mandates were primarily provincial so that was moot. Then it just became whatever it was and it was disruptive of my city.

And then, it was just forum banter here.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

I watched because I was interested particularly at what the pro convoy side had to present.

Judging by what I have been reading on this forum since February, I  honestly thought they would have  a truckload of videos, evidence, testimony and more.  The presented no videos. The witnesses said things and were quickly dispelled as having no proof of what they were saying. There was no evidence that they presented to support their case. Even when their lawyers cross examined, they only made statements and asked the witness if they agreed with a innocuous statement. Left you wondering if there was a question or accusation coming but there never was. It was a very disappointing display and they did nothing to discredit the government.

I had high hopes they had their stuff together and were going to nail the government or officials but they were all powder puff questions.

The only one that was defiant in any way and tried to push the pro convoy side was James Bauder but his off topic excursions and refusal to directly answer did not help is cause.

I think Lich, King and Barber testimonies were really lame but, in their defence, they may have held back because they still have court dates pending.

All in all, in my opinion, the pro convoy side was ineffective.

I thought the whole purpose of this commission was to prove it was necessary to invoke the EA to contain and disperse the convoy? The convoy side of the house did not have to prove anything, it was the government that had to prove its actions. 

In my opinion the government did a really shitty job proving anything expect expose lies after lies. We did not ned a commission to prove what we already knew beforehand. It turned it not a finger pointing secession, on who was at fault, and not one government person is going to be held accountable or will blame be put on the government.  

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

I thought the whole purpose of this commission was to prove it was necessary to invoke the EA to contain and disperse the convoy? The convoy side of the house did not have to prove anything, it was the government that had to prove its actions. 

In my opinion the government did a really shitty job proving anything expect expose lies after lies. We did not ned a commission to prove what we already knew beforehand. It turned it not a finger pointing secession, on who was at fault, and not one government person is going to be held accountable or will blame be put on the government.  

You are correct. That is where the convoy lawyers and witnesses failed miserably.

The government witnesses answered all the questions it was asked by all adversaries and lawyers and organizations.

As I saw it, there were lots of questions and time spent about the first weekend and a few days thereafter. Too much in my opinion. The outcome of that, again in my opinion, was that the whole police actions were completely disorganized and they got in each other way. The protest ended up what it was because the authorities on the ground could not reach consensus on what to do.

When it finally got to the enactment of the EMA, they asked what the provinces thought and Alberta and Ontario were not in favour but, by that time, and the other provinces remained silent. At  the point of enactment, the provinces did not need to be asked because it was a federal determination and seemingly pressure form the US was pretty intense and it had to be stopped.

I am not sure how the commissioner will see all this but, regardless if he chastises or agrees with the government, it will just be another report that gets sent to public archives and festers there with the hundreds of others.

One side or the other will claim victory but, no consequence so......

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

As I said earlier, I watched a great deal of the commission on TV and was surprised at how poorly the convoy lawyer Miller performed. If you did not ""even watched a minute of it. " then  you have not noting to say of any use  to say and your opinion and comment is pointless..

Again, that's just your opinion, which has proven time and again to be worthless. 

You have actually watched videos of police beating people up and pretended to see nothing.

He had multiple opportunity to question, to bring forth witnesses and evidence and he failed each time.

Witnesses to prove what? 

He made accusations against a person that was not even in Ottawa at the time and was proven incorrect by his own staff and now is being sued for libel.

There are people who have been accused of much worse during covid with far less evidence, the charge of libel won't stand.

He was unable to prove his claims and accusations and his conspiracy theories were  consistently debunked and he had no defences to his statements.

What claims and conspiracy theories were debunked?

This was a perfect opportunity for the convoy lawyers, witnesses and proponents to tear down government, Trudeau et all and they failed. They had no case.

There was never any chance to "tear down the government" lol. It was carefully scripted political theatre. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Again, that's just your opinion, which has proven time and again to be worthless. 

You have actually watched videos of police beating people up and pretended to see nothing.

Witnesses to prove what? 

There are people who have been accused of much worse during covid with far less evidence, the charge of libel won't stand.

What claims and conspiracy theories were debunked?

There was never any chance to "tear down the government" lol. It was carefully scripted political theatre. 

100% it is my opinion of watching the commison. The unfortunate thing is that we cannot discuss it very well since you saw none of it so, I am not sure what your opinion is worth?

I saw clips. The convoy attorneys never showed them, let alone even brought them up and the first 2 weeks or more were all about what went on at the protest.

You are right, "what conspiracy theories"? The protesters lawyers mentioned "events" and then were asked where the evidence was and they had none. That is debunking LOL

Prove what? You are correct, what were the convoy lawyers and witnesses trying to prove? The commissioner asked them that a lot.

There was plenty of time and opportunity to rip the government a new one and they did not. The protest lawyers did nothing but make statements and then asked if the government witness agreed. If they did, they made more statements. If they did not agree, they just went on anyway. I waited for questions, for zingers to nail the witness and that never happened. Even the commissioner and other lawyers kept asking, is there ever going to be a question.

Arguing with me is pointless. I have already said, several times, nothing will become of this. It will just be another report sitting in archives.

As for being scripted, are you saying the convoy lawyers and convoy organizers and civil liberty legal staff all scripted their points, statements and few questions they asked? That they all colluded not to cross examine the government witnesses? Or are you saying the convoy legal team and government legal team got together and planned all the 6 weeks of questions and answers??

FFS Dude, wake up. LOL

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Yes, it is clear, to you and your ilk.

You do realize that you are basically seen on here as indistinguishable from Trudeau on mandates?  That’s why I don’t think you’re real.  Only a complete fool or fraud would so fervently defend Trudeau’s language.  Then again there’s an abundance of foolishness holding court in Trudeau’s Canada.  

• Like 3