Emergency Act commission

myata

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I think Trudeau said it clearly enough and I partially agree with John Ivison's take on it.

Where I part with Ivison's take is that what Trudeau said needed to be said and while he could easily enough insert an apologetic regret for it in hindsight he shouldn't try to back-peddle it either.

Not getting a vaccine is akin to drunk driving.. yeah okay

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

That video of him saying that has been posted here over and over.  One of our French speaking members even verified that Yes, that is what he said.

Trudeau LIED about this under oath.

The same lawyer who questioned him about it, her last sentence in her closing remarks was: If there was ever a time for a Prime Minister to step down, this is it.

Show me.

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What do you think about red traffic lights being forced on you as a public safety measure?

No one is forcing you to drive.

Your nonsensical hyperbole is what has divided society over the past number of years.. it's disgraceful. 

Edited by West
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Oh, so now you're saying there WAS tear gas used.

One MSM story that says it was the PROTESTERS who used the tear gas.  There must have been a sale on tear gas canisters at WalMart last February.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

it's not about Trudeau

there are those Canadians who defend & uphold the heights of Queenston to the heights of Vimy Ridge

with their lives as necessary

and there are those Canadians who simply do not remember where they come from

61dc41fbba8ef5efeef6b570_M%C3%A9morial%2

You try so hard to compare today to yesteryear. The men (and Women) of yesteryear were far more loyal and patriotic than any of today.

No comparison at ll.

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

You try so hard to compare today to yesteryear. The men (and Women) of yesteryear were far more loyal and patriotic than any of today.

No comparison at ll.

but I was born in the British Empire

just like Quebec, I never signed the Canada Act 1982

my ancestor arrived at Halifax Harbour in 1757, press ganged into the Seven Years War

my great grandfather stood upon Vimy Ridge with the 72nd Seaforth Highlanders of Canada

my grandfather was RCAF in the Second World War

Cuidich 'n Righ

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

but I was born in the British Empire

just like Quebec, I never signed the Canada Act 1982

my ancestor arrived at Halifax Harbour in 1757, press ganged into the Seven Years War

my great grandfather stood upon Vimy Ridge with the 72nd Seaforth Highlanders of Canada

my grandfather was RCAF in the Second World War

Cuidich 'n Righ

I did not question your birth.

I made a comment on your post. '

there are those Canadians who defend & uphold the heights of Queenston to the heights of Vimy Ridge

and there are those Canadians who simply do not remember where they come from"

I repeat:

"You try so hard to compare today to yesteryear. The men (and Women) of yesteryear were far more loyal and patriotic than any of today.

No comparison at all."

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

I did not question your birth.

I made a comment on your post. '

and there are those Canadians who simply do not remember where they come from"

I repeat:

"You try so hard to compare today to yesteryear. The men (and Women) of yesteryear were far more loyal and patriotic than any of today.

No comparison at all."

I never made any comparison

I simply passed on to Goddess, to remember where she comes from, the story of her people

there's no barrier between her & her progenitors upon Vimy Ridge, that I am aware of at least

Back to the topic, EMA Commission.

Well, I watch a lot of the televised Commission.

I saw and heard what I expected from government attorneys and witnesses.

I was sorely disappointing by the attorneys and witnesses for the Convoy side. I was for sure hoping that they would have a better case and better evidence and better witnesses for their complaints, accusations and charges.

The convoys attorney Miller performance was very poor and every time he made an accusation, the witness being questioned basically just shut him down and he had no recourse or evidence to prove himself. He even accused someone that was not even in Ottawa to be a liberal supported of carrying a nazi flag and was shut down by his own team.

Very disappointed in the convoy side of this.

As one reported said

"Those who supported the convoy will never accept any claim that it was justified and to those who opposed the convoy, any action, legal or not, was justified to end the protests.
The remainder of Canadians in the middle just want to move on from those days."

Edited by ExFlyer

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I never made any comparison

I simply passed on to Goddess, to remember where she comes from, the story of her people

there's no barrier between her & her progenitors upon Vimy Ridge, that I am aware of at least

Wrong, you constantly keep bringing up the past and the soldiers and people from that past time.

They were them, they are not now and will never be now.

Welcome to 2022, not to 1918

Just now, ExFlyer said:

Wrong, you constantly keep bringing up the past and the soldiers and people from that past time.

at the going down of the sun and in the morning, I remember them

and by that rememberance

I steel my heart, for when it comes my turn to go over the top as necessary

as with failing hands they passed the torch to me

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

at the going down of the sun and in the morning, I remember them

and by that rememberance

I steel my heart, for when it comes my turn to go over the top as necessary

as with failing hands they passed the torch to me

WTF????

Memories are a nice place to visit, but a terrible place to live

Edited by ExFlyer

The whole thing is a farce, the outcome was predicted before this whole thing started. Everyone in the entire world knows the EA was not need and it was an overstep on the liberal government part. But that's not what this commission is saying they have landed blame on Soley feet, and whom every in the convoy. 

What makes this commission any different than any other liberal commission/ investigation. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The whole thing is a farce, the outcome was predicted before this whole thing started.

That's why this thing happened while Trudeau was still PM, with full control of the media and the RCMP. I never even watched a minute of it. 

It would be like watching CTV and waiting for them to talk about their own disinformation. 

Day 30 Emergencies Act hearings recap | Freeland was warned not to use banks as “political weapon” | True North (tnc.news)

In a redacted readout of conversations that Freeland had with bank CEOs on February 13, the bankers tell Freeland that because crypto currency platforms are unregulated, it is a challenge for the financial systems to do anything to stop the transfer of money into the hands of protesters.

Later in that conversation, the unknown banker tells Freeland that if you label the protesters as “terrorists” it would make the jobs of the banks easier to shut down the transfer of donated funds.

“I am told this is a public safety lead, but if you list them as people subject to sanctions (ie. as if they are terrorists) we could act swiftly,” the banker told Freeland on February 13.

Another banker on the same call cautioned the government about their attempt to use the banks to achieve a political goal.

“I am very concerned about seeing the banking system being used as a political weapon of the government. We can’t politicize the banks,” one banker told Freeland.

“Explain that,” Freeland responded.

“If we are directed to close accounts, that could be seen by critics as the sector being used as an arm of the government.”

The banker then went on to point out to Freeland that the government needs to start talking about post-pandemic economics and that even though nearly 90% of the population was vaccinated, Canada had the toughest restrictions in the OECD. He also told Freeland that the government needs to show a plan for how to remove restrictions.

We will never know who "Dave" is:

In publicly disclosed handwritten notes that Freeland was taking of her conversations, a note under the headline “Dave” shows that Freeland was once again discussing the possibility of using the label of “terrorist” to describe the Freedom Convoy.

The handwritten notes say, “you need to designate the group as terrorists.”

Convoy lawyer Brenden Miller asked Freeland who “Dave” was and Freeland refused to answer however she assured the Commission that she wasn’t talking to David Vigneault, the Director of CSIS, the group whose mandate it is to investigate terrorism organizations.

“Which Dave?” Miller asked Freeland.

“That meeting is not an account of a meeting with David Vigneault because I didn’t have a meeting with the CSIS Director,” Freeland said.

“Which Dave is in those notes? What’s Dave’s last name?” Miller then asks Freeland.

“I need to see my whole note book that you’re referring to. I can tell you for certain that I did not have a meeting with David Vigneault.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Goddess said:

Found a clip of what I was talking about RE: Trudeau lying under oath.

Where is the clip of him saying it???

You were asked to produce it several posts ago and yet , you cannot.

You claim of him lying is a lie in itself.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Downvote 1