Emergency Act commission

myata

53 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Watching Freeland on the stand today was nauseating.

Does she have some kind of mental problem that she can only say one.....word......every.......five.......seconds?

Watching her break down and cry, saying she only invoked the Emergency Act because she cares about Canadians sooooo much.......just nauseating.

Her actions just scream psychopath

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

The event is over....stop crying about it. LOL

Back in the day, we had our CO vist our outpost while on exercise , were we had two prisoners from our own BN chained up to a tracked APC, chained up becasue they kept escaping, we had taken off their boots and socks so they could not run very fast, refused to take them to the bathroom becasue they kept trying to escape while taking a leak, we had led them in their t shirts and taken their belt  so they would have to run and hold up their pants at the same time. it was fall with frost on the ground, let's just say these guys were cold as shi*

Anyways it pissed off the LT Col, he lined us up and shouted if your willing to do this to someone in our own BN what would you do to an enemy soldier that had just killed some of your comrades...this point stuck with me the rest of my career. sometimes compassion is the virtue that is the first one we forget.. I think compassion is dead today.

My point is this those in this convoy were Canadians, yes, they were pain in the asses, but still they were Canadians no more or less than any one of those that lived in Ottawa. and if we are willing to treat Canadians this way, how do we treat others. i remember the vaccine arguments when there were talks about arrests, sending people to camps, with no compassion or total disregard to who these people where and what made them different than the rest of us...

The event is over, but it should invoke discussion until we take away some lessons learned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, West said:

Her actions just scream psychopath

Trudeau will be on the stand tomorrow.  I'm finding him to look very psychopathic, too.

The unblinking, bug eyes, the constant repetition of "Get. Vaccinated.", the obvious excitement he has with having power over the lives of the "little people".......really starting to creep me out.

One of my friends in the US said to me "I think we're in trouble.  Our president has dementia and your prime minister is insane."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

Watching Freeland on the stand today was nauseating.

Does she have some kind of mental problem that she can only say one.....word......every.......five.......seconds?

Watching her break down and cry, saying she only invoked the Emergency Act because she cares about Canadians sooooo much.......just nauseating.

It's because she's so much more intelligent than everyone else and needs to talk slowly so we pleebs can understand her.   She was a Rhodes Scholar in Ukrainian studies after all.

I wish I could believe that this inquiry would call out government overreach and result in a fundamental change for the better in terms of protecting the rights and freedoms of Canadians, but nothing has improved in the media coverage or government rhetoric.  Canadians under these conditions will accept Canadians being banned from protesting, having their money stolen, and being beaten up by unaccountable police under the cover of an “emergency.”

I just want for my kids to be able to live and work outside Canada because I don’t trust this government or the unquestioning indoctrinated public.  It’s a watered down democracy that redistributes (steals) too much money from workers and hands it to those who don’t earn it. The elites pontificate about the next utopian scheme to tax and spend the money of workers that they don’t like or respect.  The government’s treatment of the thousands of protesters in the convoy, the vast majority of whom were middle of the road Canadians, tells you exactly what this government is capable of doing to citizens.  Freeland and Trudeau are the poster children of this total violation of constitutional principles.

It doesn’t matter.  Tonight the CBC will paint a sympathetic picture of Trudeau’s testimony.  ExFlyer and Moonbox will defend it on here.  I don’t even want to bother weighing in on this anymore.  Canada is probably a write off.  At this point I’m renewing my British passport, looking at property in the US, and hoping my kids set themselves up so they can get out the next time this kind of oppression or worse rolls out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

workers that they don’t like or respect.

Yesterday, in Lametti's testimony, it was revealed that they discussed bringing in the military very early on in the protests and "joked" about how many tanks they would need to crush the protest.

**THAT** is what this government thinks of us.  All of us.  Make no mistake.

No matter what anyone thinks of the protest or the protesters, that should disturb you.  And the fact that they invoked the EA at all is monumental governmental overreach.  If they get away with this - it sets a very, very bad precedent.

This money-grubbing, power-hungry, scandal riddled government needs to go.

Ontario will vote him in again. I hate that Canada's future is in the hands of Ontarians, who don't give a crap about the rest of Canada, but sure want our money.  They don't get that the money is drying up because they keep voting this turd in.

It's hurting us all, but Ontarians do. not. get it.

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yesterday, in Lametti's testimony, it was revealed that they discussed bringing in the military very early on in the protests and "joked" about how many tanks they would need to crush the protest.

No matter what anyone thinks of the protest or the protesters, that should disturb you.  And the fact that they invoked the EA at all is monumental governmental overreach.  If they get away with this - it sets a very, very bad precedent.

Ontario will vote him in again. I hate that Canada's future is in the hands of Ontarians, who don't give a crap about the rest of Canada, but sure want our money.  They don't get that the money is drying up because they keep voting this turd in.

The 416, not the rest of us. But what I want to know,can we use this act when our trains get blocked again?

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Moonshine and ExFlyers were creaming themselves at the thought of tanks being turned on people they disagree with

• Like 1

The whole country feels this way.  Personally I think a government policy of laughing you people off is the most appropriate direction to take. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Ontario will vote him in again. I hate that Canada's future is in the hands of Ontarians, who don't give a crap about the rest of Canada,

Whoa there. The actual lyrics of the song is..

"I don't give a d**M for all the rest of Canada,

All the rest of Canada, All the rest of Canada.

I don't give a d**n of all the rest of Canada, I'm from Saskatoon."

As for the email joking about tanks, have we forgotten about the Winnipeg general strike so soon. 

The protest continued for 3 weeks. It was a street party for the participants who had 3 weeks to make their point. It was hell for the citizens of Ottawa and could have had dire ramifications on the country, but when the police acted, nobody was seriously hurt and everybody went home. It was a textbook crowd control. Some people chose martyrdom and got arrested. People who had their bank accounts frozen were those who chose to refuse to leave. They were given the choice and they made it. 

Former Prime Minister Trudeau was told a few years after the War Measures act was declared, that had he not beem PM, he would have been one of those arrested. To which he replied, "Yah, but I wouldn't have b*****d about it.

My greatest admirantion goes to a man like Ali. He refused to join the war in Viet Nam. Rather than run to Canada like some others, he stayed and proudly went to jail. He accepted the consequences of his actions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Back in the day, we had our CO vist our outpost while on exercise , were we had two prisoners from our own BN chained up to a tracked APC, chained up becasue they kept escaping, we had taken off their boots and socks so they could not run very fast, refused to take them to the bathroom becasue they kept trying to escape while taking a leak, we had led them in their t shirts and taken their belt  so they would have to run and hold up their pants at the same time. it was fall with frost on the ground, let's just say these guys were cold as shi*

Anyways it pissed off the LT Col, he lined us up and shouted if your willing to do this to someone in our own BN what would you do to an enemy soldier that had just killed some of your comrades...this point stuck with me the rest of my career. sometimes compassion is the virtue that is the first one we forget.. I think compassion is dead today.

My point is this those in this convoy were Canadians, yes, they were pain in the asses, but still they were Canadians no more or less than any one of those that lived in Ottawa. and if we are willing to treat Canadians this way, how do we treat others. i remember the vaccine arguments when there were talks about arrests, sending people to camps, with no compassion or total disregard to who these people where and what made them different than the rest of us...

The event is over, but it should invoke discussion until we take away some lessons learned. 

My comment was to someone claiming "all the times you said "It's over, stop crying about it"?  I responded to that saying "the event is over". I did not ever cry.

The context was important, he accused me of saying something and I did not.

Unfortunately, i do not understand your analogy of your prisoners or your CO talking about your " if your willing to do this to someone in our own BN ". No one was taken prisoner and no one was shacked to their trucks.

Yes, the participants were Canadians but I never heard of talks about sending anyone to any camps over vaccinations (maybe here on the forum there were some conspiracy theories about it but, never anywhere else).

So, bottom line is the event is over and the commission, which ends today, will hopefully provide us with lessons, from which we hopefully will learn.

49 minutes ago, West said:

Moonshine and ExFlyers were creaming themselves at the thought of tanks being turned on people they disagree with

Hardly but hey, when you take things out of context, you can make yourself believe anything... as you are so qualified to do LOL

If the occupation could have been removed without the EMA, why wasn't it? It is telling that as soon as it was proclaimed, the occupation ended. Unlike Paris or Washington, there were no water cannon, rubber bullets or tear gas. One person got too close to a horse and had a minor injury, but she chose to be there. It was unfortunate but not intentional on the part of the horse.

Edited by Queenmandy85