Emergency Act commission

myata

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Says a vax-Nazi. 

LOL.  I have unvaxed family.  Their choice; I still associate with them and don't even harass them though we did discuss it civilly.  Both have jobs, BTW, one in government.  Real life constantly contradicts the hyperbolic claims you people make.  

I've said before and I'll say it again: I'm not convinced the EMA was needed, but I do think the protesters crossed the line of civil behavior.  I suspect the government will lose this one, but we shall see.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I never cared specifically about King. I care about the Freedom Convoy, and I care about the abuse and fascist actions by the gov't against member of the convoy, donors, and its leaders.

I do care about the fact that Pat King is being held to a far higher standard than our own PM. That's weird. 

Out PM was blatantly hatemongering innocent Canadians on TV. If Trump said that "All democrats were racists and misogynists" on Jan 5th we'd be hearing that 1,000 times a day on CNN. They wouldn't even bother with clips of him saying: "Let's walk to the capitol!" Which is theoretically code for "honk honk", which is theoretically code for "Let's overthrow the US gov't. Find a guy with a handful of zipties, STAT!" 

I am not going to get into what trudeau is or isn't. I really do not care and he will eventually get his just deserts.

Thing is, Pat King is not held to a higher standard. His racist hate mongering videos and rants were shown at the inquiry. He is a bad apple. His convoy colleges realized it and wanted him to dispensary.

He is not the hero you and some others on this forum tried to make him out to be. His colleague leaders and the inquiry have really painted him as bad seed and wished he had nothing to do with the convoy.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Gosh no. The vaccine is totally safe and effective. Right?

It's not 100% no but where did this expectation it would be come from, some expert or politician made you a promise?

How did you people become such delicate snowflakes that even an erroneous rosy expectation is enough to unhinge you? Whatever happened to the pride right-wingers had in their capacity to be less naive about what governments could do? Maybe if your jabs came with a lollipop you'd get over it. 

In the meantime the vaccine has clearly prevented a lot of sickness and death. 

16 minutes ago, dialamah said:

LOL.  I have unvaxed family.  Their choice; I still associate with them and don't even harass them though we did discuss it civilly.  Both have jobs, BTW, one in government.  Real life constantly contradicts the hyperbolic claims you people make.  

I've said before and I'll say it again: I'm not convinced the EMA was needed, but I do think the protesters crossed the line of civil behavior.  I suspect the government will lose this one, but we shall see.

IMO this is a much more reasonable tone than you took before, but I'll take your word for it. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I am not going to get into what trudeau is or isn't. I really do not care and he will eventually get his just deserts.

Thing is, Pat King is not held to a higher standard. His racist hate mongering videos and rants were shown at the inquiry. He is a bad apple. His convoy colleges realized it and wanted him to dispensary.

He is not the hero you and some others on this forum tried to make him out to be. His colleague leaders and the inquiry have really painted him as bad seed and wished he had nothing to do with the convoy.

Desert is a place, not a food. 

Pat King was held to a higher standard, because Trudeau's own bigotry and hate-mongering wasnt addressed.

A college is a place where you continue your education beyond the HS level, a colleague is a person you work with.

I don't even know what you meant when you said "wanted him to dispensary". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, dialamah said:

My experience is quite similar.  In my case the anti-vaxxing sentiment seems pretty exclusive to younger members of my family and was well entrenched long before COVID.  I'm chagrined to say their views towards government, media and science have only deteriorated farther in a manner similar to what we often see on display around here.  Discussion is civil but...darkening. 

I'm not convinced either way really but I'm definitely not convinced the government's actions verge on the totalitarian nonsense that's come to dominate so much of the political discourse in our country.

The ongoing erosion and deterioration of rational thought is making the dangerous times we live in very dangerous. Imagine if the people in the Dark Ages had nuclear weapons at their disposal.

Edited by eyeball

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Desert is a place, not a food. 

Pat King was held to a higher standard, because Trudeau's own bigotry and hate-mongering wasnt addressed.

A college is a place where you continue your education beyond the HS level, a colleague is a person you work with.

I don't even know what you meant when you said "wanted him to dispensary". 

"Just deserts" meaning for your edification A punishment or reward that is considered to be what the recipient deserved.      https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/just_deserts

"Was held" until it was discovered what kind of person he really is. As I said, the other convoy leaders learned it and wanted him out.

Sorry, autocorrect in action, was supposed to be "colleague" and "disappeared"

Edited by ExFlyer

34 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

"Just deserts" meaning for your edification A punishment or reward that is considered to be what the recipient deserved.      https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/just_deserts

"Was held" until it was discovered what kind of person he really is. As I said, the other convoy leaders learned it and wanted him out.

Sorry, autocorrect in action, was supposed to be "colleague" and "disappeared"

TBH I always thought that it was "desserts" because that is how it is pronounced.

The saying comes from the 1200s, so I guess they either pronounced "deserts" differently, spelled "desserts" differently, or the saying is supposed to be "just deserts" and we pronounce it incorrectly.

In any event, I stand corrected, I was indeed hoisted on my own petard. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Desserts/Deserts is a variation of deserved in this case.

Yeah, I always just thought it was 'desserts', as in "You are eating crow/crap for dessert now, as well you should...."

I looked on a site where it said that it actually meant 'deserts' though, like the Gobi or Sahara. 

IMO "just deserts", along with the mispronunciation, makes no sense. It's like saying: "Your just winters" or something, but with the inflection reversed to winTERS.

Live and learn, I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Pat King is an ordinary guy who stuck his neck out for a better future rather than some lunatic a few thousand kilometers away trying to call the shots of what goes in your arm. 

More cahonas than most people 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, West said:

Pat King is an ordinary guy who stuck his neck out for a better future rather than some lunatic a few thousand kilometers away trying to call the shots of what goes in your arm. 

Never heard of him nor Tamera until after the convoy, frankly.

1 minute ago, West said:

Please,in his own testimony and evidence presented, he is far form an ordinary guy,.

He had multiple websites, multiple tiktok and facebook posts espousing racism, hate for muslims and asians.

And he set up his own fund to collect money for himself. He made fun of it when questioned by a lawyer.

He had cajones for sure. He fooled a lot of people.

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Yeah, I always just thought it was 'desserts', as in "You are eating crow/crap for dessert now, as well you should...."

I looked on a site where it said that it actually meant 'deserts' though, like the Gobi or Sahara. 

IMO "just deserts", along with the mispronunciation, makes no sense. It's like saying: "Your just winters" or something, but with the inflection reversed to winTERS.

Live and learn, I guess. 

Justly deserved, we'd say today.

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Please,in his own testimony and evidence presented, he is far form an ordinary guy,.

He had multiple websites, multiple tiktok and facebook posts espousing racism, hate for muslims and asians.

And he set up his own fund to collect money for himself. He made fun of it when questioned by a lawyer.

He had cajones for sure. He fooled a lot of people.

Multiple eh. ?.. 

One heavily edited video is all I see

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Never heard of him nor Tamera until after the convoy, frankly.

The lefties are floundering.. Pat may have said something mean once and that justifies excluding 6 million people from society

from what I could see there were multiple nationalities coming together to oppose vaccine mandates and call for a better future free of lefties oppression

Edited by West
  • Like 1

Just now, West said:

The lefties are floundering.. Pat may have said something mean once and that justifies excluding 6 million people from society ?

I was more familiar with the citizen reporters that were doing such excellent coverage of the event itself. Which was, on the ground in Ottawa, not coordinated at all by all appearances. Three dance stages though...that was pretty cool. Lots of Ottawa babes coming out nightly to party.

I'm an old hippy. I can accept someone who doesn't want to put anything into their body.

As soon as they try to say why, their ignorance begins to disgust me. None so much as the Covid antivax crowd.

Then they claim they're 'speshul' and their freedumbs should be forced on everyone else. Right up there with the JoHos man, take the kids away, give the jabs and transfusions and give 'em back. IF they're over 18 and made their own choice, let 'em die. Ya can't run away from the consequences of your own free choice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, herbie said:

I'm an old hippy. I can accept someone who doesn't want to put anything into their body.

As soon as they try to say why, their ignorance begins to disgust me. None so much as the Covid antivax crowd.

Then they claim they're 'speshul' and their freedumbs should be forced on everyone else. Right up there with the JoHos man, take the kids away, give the jabs and transfusions and give 'em back. IF they're over 18 and made their own choice, let 'em die. Ya can't run away from the consequences of your own free choice.

You want big pharmas juice in you go ahead.. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, West said:

You want big pharmas juice in you go ahead.. 

I have a scratch on my arm from the variola inoculation I got as a kid...perhaps you're old enough...that WORKED very well. You simply did not get sick.  Decades later, it will STILL apparently provide some immune response if smallpox becomes a thing suddenly thanks to our germ lab loving friends in Ukraine, Red China and the like.