Emergency Act commission

myata

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

There was no more reason for Pat King to be in Jail than Trudeau. 

I still don't even know a lot about Pat King TBH. I don't care. His back-story is meaningless to me.

I care about vax-fascism a lot, and Pat King is anti-fascism. Vax-fascism is far more of a threat to this country than Pat King ever was.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I was on Pat King's side for a while. 

Pat King should not have been in jail for standing up to fascism. 

This is so true.. Trudeau terrorizes people over their vaccine status and it's the truckers who get thrown in jail? Interesting

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I still don't even know a lot about Pat King TBH. I don't care. His back-story is meaningless to me.

I care about vax-fascism a lot, and Pat King is anti-fascism. Vax-fascism is far more of a threat to this country than Pat King ever was.

I didn't even know who Pat King was

I simply answered a stand to invoked by decorated veterans in the breach

• Like 4

Wow... 

Based on today's testimony sounds like it was actually the vaccine nazis that were uttering threats.. 

Liche has recieved death threats, Danny Bulfort, several doctors speaking out against the vaxx, Wilson the convoy lawyer.. good grief.. should've invoked the EA on the lefty loon

36 minutes ago, West said:

Wow.... good grief...

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated” ~ Thomas Paine

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

crushing peaceful assembly, protest & associated civil disobedience

in violation of their solemn oath to bear true & faithful allegiance

under Section 1 of the Charter of Rights & Freedoms

"subject only to such reasonable limits as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society."

most egregiously seizing private property without court order, with no judicial review

there is no law in Canada which empowers them to do that, including the Emergencies Act

thus that is utter lawlessness,

seizing bank accounts without any authority other than intimidation

by definition, that is literally our government committing bank robbery by any other name

if they can get away with that, they can get away with anything, they could get away with mass murder

Exactly.  The pandemic became an excuse to strip away individual rights and downplay their significance in the name of “keeping people safe”.  Keep yourselves safe.  Once masks, vaccines, and better treatments became widely available, that excuse vanished.  People had what they needed to protect themselves.  In fact the elderly usually had the option to stay home.  Instead of backing off mandates and restrictions or at least respecting the protesters and meeting with them to discuss a plan, the feds doubled down against them.  They held all the cards: use of force, removal of licenses, a public forum and media to disparage the opposition, and a new frightening tool, the freezing of bank accounts.

I don’t care if some call it paranoia or conspiracy: We have good reasons given our recent history of government overreach to be concerned about our rights.   We wait in fearful anticipation of the next crisis and government measures to solve it.

The talk of financial turmoil, climate crisis, digital identification, and digital government currencies, all in the context of our government’s use of the EA against the mandate protests, has given people good reason to worry.

Sunak is now pushing the digital ID and currencies for G7 countries.  It seems the British Conservatives are buying into more government control.  I thought Britain has been freer than we are but maybe I spoke too soon.

It’s deeply concerning how much government has come to control how we live.  Our rights and freedoms can be shut down very fast and there’s little we can do about it.  It happened for over two years.  I’m not sure people will ever be the same.  I see the fallout among kids and elderly.  Keeping us safe?  No thanks.  Protecting our healthcare system?  Change the damn healthcare system.

Our liberal-democracy is tenuous.  Our cultural values are increasingly confused.  People are getting poorer.  We can’t afford to compromise our way of life further.  Or rather, has our way of life permanently changed?  Is the American Dream dead?

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Shining City on a Hill

New Jerusalem

can't kill an idea

True, and people will keep demanding liberty, but governments are developing pretty air-tight means of controlling populations through tech.  Surveillance, digital transactions, and data collection systems are making it harder for protesters to push back without social and economic consequences.

The overreach must be curtailed or expect more “protective measures.”

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

True, and people will keep demanding liberty, but governments are developing pretty air-tight means of controlling populations through tech.  Surveillance, digital transactions, and data collection systems are making it harder for protesters to push back without social and economic consequences.

The overreach must be curtailed or expect more “protective measures.”

I simply take up the cross and walk on the road to Calvary

Christian soldiers

don't quit, just keep going, put one foot in front of the other

stay the course, towards the light, come what may

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

My point wars that you and others on this forum were heavily behind King. He was proclaimed a hero of the protest and vehemently defended by you folks.

He now has been identified by the leaders of the protest as a pain in the ass and trouble and all of the sudden you  "don't even know a lot about Pat King " and "I was on Pat King's side for a while"

Maybe you folks just assumed every one of the leaders was right and did not look deep into the personalities and motives.

He was no tin jail for "standing up to fascism", he was in jail because he broke some laws and stayed there because he could not raise bail and could not find a lawyer to represent him. That alone should have been a warning flag of what kind of person he really was.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t care if some call it paranoia or conspiracy: We have good reasons given our recent history of government overreach to be concerned about our rights.   We wait in fearful anticipation of the next crisis and government measures to solve it.

do not succumb to despair

Canadian soldiers bear hardship gladly

never too high, never too low, game faces on

through mud & blood, to the green fields beyond

happy warriors

Edited by Dougie93

16 hours ago, West said:

OK for 1. you are lying about what I said about P. King. 

For 2 I fail to see how personality conflicts, which can arise when you put thousands of people together under intense stress and lack of sleep, have anything to do with the Emergencies Act

Nope not at all. You were a Pat King ggoupie moaning and whining about him being in becasue he is a a leader.

Fact ism, the real leaders did not want him there and when he came anyway, they wanted him to leave or shut up..... and he didn't.

No personality conflicts when it is all against him. He is the problem.

"under intense stress and lack of sleep"? You are now talking about the citizens living in that part of town. Glad you recognize they were in distress by the protesters.

55 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s deeply concerning how much government has come to control how we live.  Our rights and freedoms can be shut down very fast and there’s little we can do about it.  It happened for over two years.  I’m not sure people will ever be the same.  I see the fallout among kids and elderly.  Keeping us safe?  No thanks.

For many of us, the scariest part is how quickly and easily the vast majority of citizens were not only convinced to give up their rights and freedoms, but also turn on their fellow citizens who wanted to fight for them.  It's been shocking how quickly and easily average people were led down the path into the thinking that death was unacceptable and we needed government to protect us from it.

The Scamdemic was built on the premise that EVERYONE was at risk of dying of Covid. But it was clear who was at risk right from the beginning - the old, already very sick or obese.

Before Coronamania, most people understood that human bodies wear out. During Coronamania, many old, sick, obese bodies coincidentally wore out after having tested Covid-positive - according to a test yielding 70-90% false positives. Many of these deaths were falsely categorized as Covid-driven. 

The average age of those who "died with Covid" was 79.5. This is a year longer than the average American life. 94% of official Covid victims had multiple ailments, typically weight-related, that elevated their death risk. Most who died with Coronavirus would also have died without it, either at the same time that they did die, or a few weeks or months later.

The rage that many expressed about old people dying rang very hollow to me. Just prior to covid, I lost my grandmother who was 97 and in a nursing home.  40% of those who "died of Covid" lived in nursing homes. People sent to nursing homes are expected to die; over half perish within six months of admission. No one wants to end up in one, and few like to visit. How many who railed against nursing home deaths during Coronamania had previously, regularly comforted nursing home residents? Those who did would tell you that most residents were either despondent or unaware of their surroundings. I know, I’ve been there.

Being old sucks. Capabilities are lost, health challenges pile up and stuff hurts.  Younger people have abundant energy and pain-free mobility. They have wider social circles, things to learn and memories and futures to build. If it weren't for political opportunism, it made no sense, and was deeply unfair, to disrupt and sacrifice years of young people’s lives in a futile attempt to marginally extend the lives of older people who, unlike the young, had already had a fair chance to live.

By supposedly protecting the vulnerable, the lockdowns, restrictions and mandates created an additional, much larger cohort of vulnerable people - very predictably. Those who supported closing schools, workplaces, houses of worship, restaurants, bars and other places where humans interact, destroyed the social lives of tens of millions of people, especially those under 35. The stress caused by economic reversals caused physical and mental issues among those not already worn out or ill. Overdoses and alcohol related deaths spiked. The Covid overreaction-induced economic coma caused massive job losses, many small business closures and much hunger, especially abroad. The concocted money wasted on Covid expenditures has caused generationally high, impoverishing inflation. 

Aside from wrecking young lives, the Scamdemic lockdowns, restrictions and mandates have hurt the people they were supposed to protect, namely the old. A fear was built and encouraged that ruined the limited time that old people had left to live. People were led to believe that Covid infection was a death sentence. Consequently, many older folks hunkered down, despite that, even among the super old, the odds of surviving infection exceeded 95%.

The media contained nothing but panicked headlines and misleading statistics, screeched at us every 15 mins. The government and media dished out 26 months of mass-scale elder abuse.

Lockdowns hastened elder deaths, whether with Covid or without it. During lockdowns, the old were deprived of immune-boosting, sunshine-derived Vitamin D. They were also more isolated and neglected, thus causing depression, and deaths of despair. Lacking the will to live, many ceased to live.

Others, who died from other diseases, died in despair. Those with compromised cognition must have wondered why no one was coming to see them and, later, why everyone was wearing masks.

But none of this mattered to the Coronamaniacs and the government bureaucrats they breathlessly folowed to the cliff. Interventions were arbitrary and nothing but cheesy political theater that caused much harm, and no measurable good. In February of this year, a Johns Hopkins study confirmed that Coronamania lockdowns caused mega human damage and no offsetting benefit.

And no one wanted to listen to the ones who had predicted this in March, 2020 because they were being demonized in the press, but it was obvious that things would turn out this way.

Coronavirus or no, old people don’t have long to live. During the Scamdemic, the media and government have wrecked the ends of many long lives by causing the old to spend their final months isolated and afraid. Grandparents missed time with grandchildren, who were never at risk and who didn’t transmit infection. And upon the passing of the elders, full families couldn’t gather to pay tribute to the departed, console the closest survivors and affirm their common heritage.

It’s sad when old, unhealthy people die. But it’s not tragic.

Whether we like it or not, life is finite. It always has been. When the human life span was around 40, Seneca said, “The problem is not that life is too short, it’s that we waste too much of it.”

But dollar-driven and power-hungry forces are against this fundamental truth. Many profited from the Scamdemic lockdowns, masks, tests and vaxxes and ALL of this “success” was built by inciting and exploiting fear.

It’s incredible that, since March 2020, too many people have bought the lie that ALL death, at any age or health status, is avoidable. 

• Thanks 2

in terms of Tamara Lich

I did not recognize her has having any  authority

the only leader of the protest whom I recognized as having authority,  was Tom Marrazo

Canadian Army Commissioned Officer

if there was a Commissioned Officer supporting the effort

and what he was saying comported with what was right & good & constitutional

I was willing to follow him

25 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

My point wars that you and others on this forum were heavily behind King.

My recollection is that ones like yourself and especially Hardner, kept bringing him up as being one of the primary leaders of the convoy and the reason why the EA must be invoked.  You did it because the media and government led you to do it.

My recollection is that the ones here like myself who supported the convoy - we had either never heard of the man or only heard the name and not much else.  No one was "heavily" behind him.  I tried and tried to tell Hardner that the man was a nothing, but with his media-addled brain and rock-solid conviction that the governmental and media institutions are super trust-worthy and should be followed - no questions asked - he wouldn't accept any other narrative than what was portrayed in the media.

My recollection is that you were the same.  Hardner was worse, but if anyone was "heavily" behind King - it was you two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

in terms of Tamara Lich

I did not recognize her has having any  authority

the only leader of the protest whom I recognized as having authority,  was Tom Marrazo

Canadian Army Commissioned Officer

if there was a Commissioned Officer supporting the effort

and what he was saying comported with what was right & good & constitutional

I was willing to follow him

Same for me.  Marazzo and Daniel Bulford.

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

in terms of the protesters in general

I could see the veterans in the ranks

wearing their decorations

I know those medals by their ribbons

I knew the valour that they wore upon their chests

Did you hear the testimony yesterday from the young veteran who survived being blown up by an IED?  He had to stop and ask for the question again several times because of a traumatic brain injury.

The police beat the crap out of him.  He was one of the ones in Ottawa protecting the monument and who helped remove the fence around it.

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

My recollection is that ones like yourself and especially Hardner, kept bringing him up as being one of the primary leaders of the convoy and the reason why the EA must be invoked.  You did it because the media and government led you to do it.

My recollection is that the ones here like myself who supported the convoy - we had either never heard of the man or only heard the name and not much else.  No one was "heavily" behind him.  I tried and tried to tell Hardner that the man was a nothing, but with his media-addled brain and rock-solid conviction that the governmental and media institutions are super trust-worthy and should be followed - no questions asked - he wouldn't accept any other narrative than what was portrayed in the media.

My recollection is that you were the same.  Hardner was worse, but if anyone was "heavily" behind King - it was you two.

Your recollection is wrong.

Except you did support the debacle but, you also all defended King as a convoy hero.

Us two constantly called him a loser, that could not get a lawyer to defend him, could not get bail and was a loser from the get go. The recent testimony from the real leaders of the debacle proved that.

You all put that loser on a pedestal..... now that pedestal crumbled and you are sucking back LOL

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Did you hear the testimony yesterday from the young veteran who survived being blown up by an IED?  He had to stop and ask for the question again several times because of a traumatic brain injury.

The police beat the crap out of him.  He was one of the ones in Ottawa protecting the monument and who helped remove the fence around it.

no, I can't watch this commision

I'm too busy working

building a war chest to survive the coming economic catastrophe

I can't worry about that which is beyond my control

so I don't actually watch the news

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Except you did support the debacle but, you also all defended King as a convoy hero.

This is a lie.

I kept saying I didn't know the man, that he was a nobody with the convoy because right from the beginning, the convoy leaders put out information saying he was on his own and acting on his own, and had nothing to do with them.

I paid no attention to him until Hardner kept trying to portray him as the convoy's Big Cheese.

That is in no way hailing him as a hero.