Emergency Act commission

myata

1 hour ago, myata said:

Like SNC Lavalin "parliamentary" ""inquiry"". Likes mandate dictatorship 100% Liberal support. Yes China has it.. and why not if for your own good?

What are you taking about??

You talk yourself into circles and there is not exit point LOL

• Downvote 1

An inspector with the Ottawa Police Service was worried the 'Freedom Convoy' could turn into a Jan. 6-style attack on Parliament Hill,

No such attack ever happened in Ottawa but the inspector told the commission "what materialized exceeded all our expectations" in terms of the size and scope of the protest.

He said Tuesday he was shocked by the number of vehicles that rolled into the city at end of January. Lucas says close to 5,000 vehicles tried entering Ottawa on Jan. 29, the first major day of demonstrations, and that many were stopped travelling from Quebec.

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/local-news/ottawa-police-inspector-worried-freedom-convoy-could-turn-into-jan-6-attack-6004352?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AutoPilot&fbclid=IwAR2HQNIkqEXgcQHOfymXzTvaAwECgUJLjw0l8hgkpHtO1HnytSLjFUqGNWU

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

An inspector with the Ottawa Police Service was worried the 'Freedom Convoy' could turn into a Jan. 6-style attack on Parliament Hill,

No such attack ever happened in Ottawa but the inspector told the commission "what materialized exceeded all our expectations" in terms of the size and scope of the protest.

He said Tuesday he was shocked by the number of vehicles that rolled into the city at end of January. Lucas says close to 5,000 vehicles tried entering Ottawa on Jan. 29, the first major day of demonstrations, and that many were stopped travelling from Quebec.

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/local-news/ottawa-police-inspector-worried-freedom-convoy-could-turn-into-jan-6-attack-6004352?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AutoPilot&fbclid=IwAR2HQNIkqEXgcQHOfymXzTvaAwECgUJLjw0l8hgkpHtO1HnytSLjFUqGNWU

The only thing this proves is the guy watches too much cnn

8 hours ago, Aristides said:

Unfortunately, it is difficult to avoid buying made in China even when you are trying. It's kind of depressing when I look at how much stuff I own from the sixties, seventies an eighties that was made in Canada, before China and NAFTA.

Well we have nobody to blame but ourselves, we the consumers have been constantly searching for cheaper shit, even when it is garbage in quality. And until we stand up as consumers and take the hit for higher prices, nothing will change. perhaps it is convincing business to move production out of China to a new more friendly nation, India, any Asian country. 

I can remember back in the day there was a huge government Push to buy Canadian, ads were everywhere.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Not sure why , CSIS and RCMP even OPP published reports that had said there was no National security threats, and the threat level was low for any violence. 

20 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Well we have nobody to blame but ourselves, we the consumers have been constantly searching for cheaper shit, even when it is garbage in quality. And until we stand up as consumers and take the hit for higher prices, nothing will change. perhaps it is convincing business to move production out of China to a new more friendly nation, India, any Asian country. 

I can remember back in the day there was a huge government Push to buy Canadian, ads were everywhere.

Yes, because made in Canada is so limited, I do tend to look for anywhere but China but even that can be difficult.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, West said:

The only thing this proves is the guy watches too much cnn

Really?

Or maybe he gets minute by minute and hour by hour reports directly form officers amongst the protesters.

In the testimony, he went on to say he told officers not to arrest any people but to take photos and names and will get to charges after the fact. He did not want o put police in a situation where protester may get aggressive if arrests were made on the spot. There was no collusion between protesters and cops, the cops were to observe and report. Like being undercover but being open and in public view.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Not sure why , CSIS and RCMP even OPP published reports that had said there was no National security threats, and the threat level was low for any violence. 

As one official testified, That they all got it wrong and did not anticipate the amount of people and the protesters.

He admitted that they all got it wrong and the plans drawn up as a result of initial reports were useless and the plans from that point on were very fluid.

You, as a soldier , must know how this can happen and what occurs when your battle plan is completely out of scope when you arrive on scene.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Good link to read, I take that back is not incompetence but more towards panic in my view.

Jan 6th served as a lesson t.....
Panic is fine, not sure if it mounts to the emergency act. 

What I have taken away from the testimony so far is that they completely underestimated the severity and amount of the protesters and crowd.

All preliminary reports anticipated a normal protest and for it to last only the weekend.

The commission is still questioning about the first weekend and has yet to get to the weeks later on.

I am watching (global.ca is streaming it) and find it interesting how unprepared or, underestimated they (the Ottawa police) were.

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Really?

Or maybe he gets minute by minute and hour by hour reports directly form officers amongst the protesters.

In the testimony, he went on to say he told officers not to arrest any people but to take photos and names and will get to charges after the fact. He did not want o put police in a situation where protester may get aggressive if arrests were made on the spot. There was no collusion between protesters and cops, the cops were to observe and report. Like being undercover but being open and in public view.

He thought that it was going to ruin into January 6th... but three weeks in it still didn't so they decided to get violent in hopes that they could justify their irrational fears. Police provoking protester to violence... sad

21 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Not too much "made in Canada" stuff anymore.

Careful of labels, they are smart nowadays to be able to hide actual site of manufacture and you end up buying made in XX and only packaged or shipped to you or your store from Canadian warehouse.

You gave no solution. Stop buying made in China is not even reasonable.

I wake up and smell reality, not pretendland.

Oh and, the topic is the Emergency Act Commission.

Even today, the questioning is still on the prep and planning for the trucker debacle and the first weekend. The key is that all police forces were surprised at the extent and quantity of the truckers. They had not planned or foreseen the scope of the actual event.

The police forces did not anticipate or plan for what eventually happened.

Why is it not reasonable Flyer? Why is refusing to finance China a bad idea? 

I've come to note that you're not a prototypical Libbie. But I've also noted your willingness to roll over for the abuses our government consistently subject Canadians to.

Is there anything you will object to?

I mean...other than objecting to those who DO want Canada for Canadians. 

Edited by Nationalist

15 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Good link to read, I take that back is not incompetence but more towards panic in my view.

Jan 6th served as a lesson towards Western allies including Canada. Not to mention their security and leadership flaws of the Capitol police. 

Scenes of those so called "patriots" travelled the globe, embarrassed the United States image and gave ammunition to authoritarians regimes to pass their propaganda to internal threats.

This is why you still have people today, in 2022, still believing the election was faked in the US from George Soros in Switzerland to take over via a one world government. = ) 

and I am sure most of those people were peaceful in Ottawa (even the ones that were stopped), but we all know how this works, a few "leaders" at the front and the rest follow. This is how group mentality works, you add the fact that the leaders released that document -> PRIOR to them heading over there. 

Panic, not sure if it mounts to the emergency act. 

Yes we saw mob mentality when our "leaders" started blaming the unvaccinated for killing grandma's and told them they were no longer welcome to participate in society. And you gleefully went along with it

13 minutes ago, West said:

He thought that it was going to ruin into January 6th... but three weeks in it still didn't so they decided to get violent in hopes that they could justify their irrational fears. Police provoking protester to violence... sad

He had no idea what what it was going to be 3 weeks later.

He is still speaking of the first weekend,

14 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Why is it not reasonable Flyer? Why is refusing to finance China a bad idea? 

I've come to note that you're not a prototypical Libbie. But I've also noted your willingness to roll over for the abuses our government consistently subject Canadians to.

Is there anything you will object to?

I mean...other than objecting to those who DO want Canada for Canadians. 

Go for it dude.

Smell reality. Try and get along without products form China. Our governments, conservative and liberal,  sold out to China. There is no coming back. This country will b]never have the manufacturing capability to make all the things we want that are presently made in China (or abroad)

I object to stupidity that is rhetorical and nonsensical, like your complaints.

Object all you want, fact is, we Canadians have out priced ourselves with high wages, taxes and property.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Go for it dude.

Smell reality. Try and get along without products form China. Our governments, conservative and liberal,  sold out to China. There is no coming back. This country will b]never have the manufacturing capability to make all the things we want that are presently made in China (or abroad)

I object to stupidity that is rhetorical and nonsensical, like your complaints.

Object all you want, fact is, we Canadians have out priced ourselves with high wages, taxes and property.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I will not roll over for the Quebec Power Corp and its Chinese masters.

And yes Flyer, living with products not made in China is doable.

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I will not roll over for the Quebec Power Corp and its Chinese masters.

And yes Flyer, living with products not made in China is doable.

Lets be realistic. It is not a matter of rolling over, it is a matter of looking sideways and seeing reality.

China is into our domestic systems and products as well. Buying clothes, even designer ones, are more often than not made in china. Most of the pots pans and dishes are made in china. Almost all your car parts are made in China. Your shrimp cocktail is most likely made with Chinese farm raised shrimp.

On top of that, we get many things from the US and they are made in China and just routed through the US.

We import almost $50 billion from China every year

Chinese owned and controlled businesses here in Canada is huge.

So, maybe living with products not made in China may be doable but not affordable.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Lets be realistic. It is not a matter of rolling over, it is a matter of looking sideways and seeing reality.

China is into our domestic systems and products as well. Buying clothes, even designer ones, are more often than not made in china. Most of the pots pans and dishes are made in china. Almost all your car parts are made in China. Your shrimp cocktail is most likely made with Chinese farm raised shrimp.

On top of that, we get many things from the US and they are made in China and just routed through the US.

We import almost $50 billion from China every year

Chinese owned and controlled businesses here in Canada is huge.

So, maybe living with products not made in China may be doable but not affordable.

It is more expensive and it is at times hard to find a product not made in China. That does not mean I will not go out of my way to find them...if I can.

My point Flyer, is that we made this mess by being short sighted.

"Oh look...$2 shirts." We eat up the cheap-assed crap and think we've done well for ourselves, but have unknowingly hurt our own nation.

"Oh look...we can have that made in China for half the price." But do the savings make it to the Canadian consumer?

Like the entirety of western civilization, we've opted for cheap-assed crap and huge corporate profits...and have dug ourselves into a massive hole. I want to dig us out of that hole. I cannot accept this current situation, as it is not good for our nation in the long run.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

More to the point, "no trade" with China would tank the economy, period.

Populists suggest that we should make everything domestically.  And as to where the Capital would come from to create this home side industry, and how it would be managed, the answer has to be massive government intervention in markets.

So revealing, this paradox.  They hate Trudeau, and yet under this vision he would lead Soviet Canuckistan, and decide who wins and loses...

• Like 2