Emergency Act commission

myata

On 10/13/2022 at 6:47 PM, Aristides said:

Does that mean you have already decided not to believe the committee’s findings?

Well would you say it was good optics, does it instill your full confidence? or does it leave a little doubt that it will be impartial? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You keep comparing the Freedom Convoy to January 6.  My other point is that even if you call this an occupation, the use of martial law was unwarranted. It was a form of martial law or War Measures, basically a suspension of rights so law enforcement could do as it saw fit to remove protests that were arbitrarily declared illegal.  

They wrangle over words when they have no argument

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Well would you say it was good optics, does it instill your full confidence? or does it leave a little doubt that it will be impartial? 

What is impartial? People are testifying under oath. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/convoy-protest-money-csis-1.6621944

I guess you guys don't believe this either because the fix is in. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What is impartial? People are testifying under oath. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/convoy-protest-money-csis-1.6621944

I guess you guys don't believe this either because the fix is in. 

They're rolling back the lies, is all that is.

Remember when they said it was mostly foreign donations or possibly the Russians?

Stop reading the CBC.

You only get the truth after it's too obvious to cover up any longer and everyone else but you has figured it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Ha, youtube, tiktiok and facetime... your source of reliable information LOL   LOL  LOL

I realize this is just you being a troll because you have nothing else to offer here, but when you say this, it makes you look really unintelligent.  Because I have a whole thread with prolly 100 links to actual scientific studies with explanations, that you won't look at.  Because you're not interested in science.  As you've said a few times now - you're only here to troll, not discuss.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Goddess said:

They're rolling back the lies, is all that is.

Remember when they said it was mostly foreign donations or possibly the Russians?

Stop reading the CBC.

You only get the truth after it's too obvious to cover up any longer and everyone else but you has figured it out.

Geez Louise, did you bother to read it? CSIS says there wasn't a bunch of foreign money going into those accounts. Would you rather there was? Maybe you should lay off your conspiracy sites a little and read a little more CBC.

You wouldn't know this if there wasn't an enquiry but it's a farce. Right?

Effing hell, there is no reasoning with you.

Edited by Aristides

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

The EMA can be invoked if a few blocks in Ottawa are congested with a protest?

No.  I have said before I think that was overreach.  Clearing the protestors out, like any other disruptive one we see that lasts too long?  Yep!

4 hours ago, West said:

This is actually factually incorrect. I know people who stayed in hotels and advised they were able to drive around and through without issues. 

How delusional do you need to be to convince yourself of that!?  All those trucks were parked in parking lots to the side then?  We didn't see people all over the streets the whole time?  Nobody was playing street hockey?  No streets were closed?  No buses were closed?  No gridlock?  Holy hell man.  ?

58 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Geez Louise, did you bother to read it? CSIS says there wasn't a bunch of foreign money going into those accounts. Would you rather there was? Maybe you should lay off your conspiracy sites a little and read a little more CBC.

You wouldn't know this if there wasn't an enquiry but it's a farce. Right?

Effing hell, there is no reasoning with you.

Yes, I read it.  That's great that they are finally admitting there was no foreign funding.  But previously, they reported that the convoy was funded almost entirely by non-Canadians, and they also reported Freeland's comments that it was the Russians.

Geez Louise, did YOU read the article?  It's from TODAY.

Again - prior to this, the CBC was reporting LIES.  Thus, I say - they are now rolling back the lies.  Do you expect me to give them a big BRAVO! for that?

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yes, I read it.  That's great that they are finally admitting there was no foreign funding.  But previously, they reported that the convoy was funded almost entirely by non-Canadians, and they also reported Freeland's comments that it was the Russians.

Again - prior to this, the CBC was reporting LIES.  Thus, I say - they are now rolling back the lies.  Do you expect me to give them a big BRAVO! for that?

They can lie to justify suspending rights then simply apologize later.  Oops

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

This was CSIS testifying under oath, not the government. Yes it was today, from the enquiry you are slagging.

I don't expect a big bravo, but maybe you could acknowledge that this enquiry might just be doing its job, but no, you are so far down your conspiracy rabbit hole there is never a chance of anything like that happen. Why are you even commenting on this topic? 

Edited by Aristides

8 hours ago, Moonbox said:

The use of the Emergency Act on the trucker protest was a joke and should never happened. 

The problem is not that should or shouldn't have happened it's a baby talk. Two centuries of baby talk how's that work for a 21st century democracy? The problem is that there are no real, effective and functional mechanisms checking, arresting and preventing government overreach and abuse of power. Just none. If they existed could be seen in this reality. But no, nothing. Only baby talk and be happy.

15 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You keep comparing the Freedom Convoy to January 6.  My other point is that even if you call this an occupation, the use of martial law was unwarranted. It was a form of martial law or War Measures, basically a suspension of rights so law enforcement could do as it saw fit to remove protests that were arbitrarily declared illegal.  

Jan 6?? In the US?

Why and when would I compare the trucker debacle to some American insurrection??

I just keep asking you what martial law? You keep saying it and I keep asking what martial law was called?

12 hours ago, Goddess said:

I realize this is just you being a troll because you have nothing else to offer here, but when you say this, it makes you look really unintelligent.  Because I have a whole thread with prolly 100 links to actual scientific studies with explanations, that you won't look at.  Because you're not interested in science.  As you've said a few times now - you're only here to troll, not discuss.

Look, you are trying to make stuff up.

I have been watching. The main thrust of the testimony so far has been Ottawa municipal officials explaining and and answering questions aabput what was going on at the time of the gathering of trucks.

The questioning and discussion of invoking of the EMA has not yet begun.

Scientific studies?? Of invoking the EMA?? Are you drinking again? LOL

Not trolling at all. Just calling out idiotic statements like yours.

Head of intelligence debunks a few claims

1. That the convoy presented any threat of extremist violence

2. That foreigners ie Russia or Trump were funding the convoy. 

Claims were exaggerated by the media and politicians and were "problematic"

I was in a unique situation to understand what was transpiring. So when I read accounts that the state of Russia had something to do with it, or that this was a result of American influence, either financially or ideologically, or that Donald Trump was behind it, or that it was un-Canadian, or that the people participating are un-Canadian, that they were not Canadian views and they are extremists, that’s problematic.”

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/2022/10/19/opp-intelligence-says-convoy-protests-presented-no-credible-threat-of-extremist-violence.html

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Goddess said:

Well for starters, I wouldn't expect the Canada-wide Emergency Act to be invoked for it.

You fail to understand that the EMA was many weeks after the debacle began.

It was not just for Wellington street but for Windsor and Coutts border crossings.

27 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You fail to understand that the EMA was many weeks after the debacle began.

It was not just for Wellington street but for Windsor and Coutts border crossings.

And we now learn was invoked based on lies and disinformation by politicians and the press. 

Where's the accountability for the press and politicians inciting state sanctioned violence against a peaceful protest?

2 minutes ago, West said:

And we now learn was invoked based on lies and disinformation by politicians and the press. 

Where's the accountability for the press and politicians inciting state sanctioned violence against a peaceful protest?

So, you are saying the testimony given under oath are lies?? Talk about being paranoid LOL. You fit that perfectly.

Besides, the commission has not even gotten to the point where the EMA was announced. They are still at the first weekend of the debacle. LOL

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

So, you are saying the testimony given under oath are lies?? Talk about being paranoid LOL. You fit that perfectly.

Besides, the commission has not even gotten to the point where the EMA was announced. They are still at the first weekend of the debacle. LOL

No. I'm saying the opposite.. the testimony given under oath by INTELLIGENCE states there was no reason to believe Trump, Russia or anyone else was funding the convoy AND there was no information of "extremists" overthrowing the government.. 

This testimony was from a top intelligence coordinator yesterday... link found above