Emergency Act commission

myata

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the Germans weren't stupid

it was their humiliating defeat in the First World War

followed by the total collapse of their economy in the Great Depression

Fascism can grip any society once it is brought to its knees

What you're saying is entirely true, and I'd argue that the generation of men who grew up fighting in trench warfare had a lot to do with it as well, but that's just a whole ne can of worms to deal with and I don't wanna spend all day explaining it to these retards. 

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Erm, well, so far there's not much in the way of backups, evidence or proof.

The hotel lied and exaggerated.

The rest, on questioning, had no proof of anything - No police reports, nothing. Just going by what they "heard".

Like the supposed homeless man that was allegedly beat up. There's no police report, no one even knows his name.

This smacks to me as nothing more than "throw enough mud at a wall, and some of it is bound to stick" and the old propaganda trick of repeating a lie over and over until people think it's true.

Erm, transcripts of phone calls, emails, memos....  seems like a lot to me LOL

The hotel lied?? Your proof please. Oh and facebook, tiktok and youtube don't count LOL

Daily police reports are not proof? Oh LOL

Key phrase " allegedly beat up". Why would there be a report if it did not happen and only "alleged"?

This smacks to me like as nothing more than a person smacked in the face with fact still in denial LOL

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

What you're saying is entirely true, and I'd argue that the generation of men who grew up fighting in trench warfare had a lot to do with it as well, but that's just a whole ne can of worms to deal with and I don't wanna spend all day explaining it to these retards. 

I actually think we have suffered a similar set of circumstances

first, a humiliating defeat on 9-11

followed by the economic collapse of 2008

which is why Fascism is actually becoming ascendant once again

the corporate elites fear that the torches & pitchforks are coming for them

so they have been diverting the revanchist outrage against other targets, with the aid of the corporate media

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Yup.

FINNALLY, you agree with me :)

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It was part of the hearing yesterday.

If you didn't watch it, should you really be commenting?

I watched it and did not hear that at all.  Did you doze off and dream it LOL

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Where are you watching it? 

On MSM! ?

But the CCF (Canadian Constitution Foundation) has lawyers there and they are giving brief daily updates on their YouTube channel. The lady's name is Christine Van Geuys....not sure of the last name but maybe you can find it.

It's also on the CCF's website.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It was part of the hearing yesterday.

If you didn't watch it, should you really be commenting?

No. 

12 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The hotel lied?? Your proof please. Oh and facebook, tiktok and youtube don't count LOL

Key phrase " allegedly beat up". Why would there be a report if it did not happen and only "alleged"?

This smacks to me like as nothing more than a person smacked in the face with fact still in denial LOL

Why would someone lie about a white guy with a maga hat beating him up and stealing his subway sandwich? 

We can see the irrationality in action on here. Disrespect and a level of elitism is what drove the government and the nut cases who lied about their apartment being lighten on fire to make such claims

15 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Maybe watch the hearings or at least the daily briefings and then we can discuss.

36 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Large mobs of people making a lot of noise, brandishing F*** TRUDEAU slogans are not places most people feel safe.  For a day or two, you'd just avoid it.  When it lasts for weeks you can't.  

Most of these folks didn't think the protestors were evil.  They thought the protestors were losers - loud, angry and ignorant losers.  

Loud, angry, ignorant losers with bouncy castles, hot tubs, families roaming freely, street dancing, street hockey games, entertainment stages and BBQs handing out free food.

Yes.

Very scary.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Large mobs of people making a lot of noise, brandishing F*** TRUDEAU slogans are not places most people feel safe.  For a day or two, you'd just avoid it.  When it lasts for weeks you can't.  

Most of these folks didn't think the protestors were evil.  They thought the protestors were losers - loud, angry and ignorant losers.  

So?  Does that warrant martial law?   Does it warrant character assassinations and freezing of bank accounts?   Occupy Wall Street and the BLM occupation in Portland was tolerated.  Buildings were burned down and people assaulted during the BLM protests and most people basically accepted this rage and listened patiently to the cries to defund the police.  The learning from government’s response to the Freedom Convoy is that government can impose and maintain drastic measures and put down opposition to those measures without so much as an explanation or compromise.

Edited by Zeitgeist

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Loud, angry, ignorant losers with bouncy castles, hot tubs, families roaming freely, street dancing, street hockey games, entertainment stages and BBQs handing out free food.

Yes.

Very scary.

Yup, and when normal people doing harmless things can be treated so harshly by government and media, you know we’re in trouble.

22 minutes ago, West said:

Just like I think you are a little angry boy pushing irrationality onto the public through forcing a vaccine onto people. Thr logic to that was stupid and was driven by fear.. straight up. You are a beta trying to act alpha 

He says, after spending the last 2 years telling everyone we live in a communist/fascist dictatorship.  ?

The only thing you've accomplished in over 2 years of whining, crying and insulting everyone on this topic is confirming how impossible it is to take you seriously.  

22 minutes ago, West said:

I dont feel safe when I see big crowds of people protesting a variety of things. Doesn't mean they don't have a right to be there.. 

So while you admit you don't feel safe around big crowds of protestors, you call the fears of Ottawa residents "brainwashed" and "irrational".  The fact that you can't go more than a few posts without faceplanting on your own words is very on-brand for you.  

Even so, your right to protest has limits, as do most of your other rights under the Charter and Constitution.  

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yes.

Very scary.

Blocking off the downtown core of Ottawa.  ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

He says, after spending the last 2 years telling everyone we live in a communist/fascist dictatorship.  ?

The only thing you've accomplished in over 2 years of whining, crying and insulting everyone on this topic is confirming how impossible it is to take you seriously.  

So while you admit you don't feel safe around big crowds of protestors, you call the fears of Ottawa residents "brainwashed" and "irrational".  The fact that you can't go more than a few posts without faceplanting on your own words is very on-brand for you.  

Even so, your right to protest has limits, as do most of your other rights under the Charter and Constitution.  

1. Right.. and I've pointed to numerous examples of corporations AND governments working together to destroy basic rights, such as your rights to bodily autonomy. 

2. Right and we should not set the bar so low to when those rights can be infringed upon that irrational hearsay can end any protest. Seems a little too convenient that a government can come in with violence and aggression, using sweeping powers, to end a protest without any legitimate oversight into that. Seems to me there should be a little more to invoking an extremely intrusive Emergencies Act than just some guy getting annoyed about not being able to find a parking spot down town or some guy getting offended by a flag they didnt like. Which is what they do in the 3rd world... and I stand by that comment. 

Thanks for playing ?

Edited by West

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup, and when normal people doing harmless things can be treated so harshly by government and media, you know we’re in trouble.

Not to mention the tens of thousands of videos of the protest that were uploaded showing a peaceful protest.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

~~ George Orwell ~~

• Like 1

In Canada you are free to harm yourself in many different ways, from MAID for minors and the mentally ill to free needles in Vancouver where all drugs are legal for consumption.  You’re free to abort up to the day of birth and free to seek a sex change without parental consent. However, you’re not free to protest government rules or to say what you think if the CRTC deems it harmful. You’re not free to have medical discretion over your own medical treatment and you may be locked into a care home barred from visitations for your safety.  Your donations to a political cause counter to government policy may be seized and your bank accounts frozen.  You can be denigrated and canceled by your government and media for having opinions that run counter to government policy. If you buy giant fake breasts and flaunt them in front of students mandated to attend your class, government and police will protect you.

Canada is increasingly twisted, depraved, and totalitarian.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Blocking off the downtown core of Ottawa.  ?

This is actually factually incorrect. I know people who stayed in hotels and advised they were able to drive around and through without issues. 

It wasn't until the police barricaded the area that there was issues getting around. 

Thanks for playing ?

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

In Canada you are free to harm yourself in many different ways, from MAID for minors and the mentally ill to free needles in Vancouver where all drugs are legal for consumption.  You’re free to abort up to the day of birth and free to seek a sex change without parental consent. However, you’re not free to protest government rules or to say what you think if the CRTC deems it harmful. You’re not free to have medical discretion over your own medical treatment and you may be locked into a care home barred from visitations for your safety.  Your donations to a political cause counter to government policy may be seized and your bank accounts frozen.  You can be denigrated and canceled by your government and media for having opinions that run counter to government policy.  If you buy giant fake breasts and flaunt them in front of students mandated to attend your class, government and police will protect you.

Canada is increasingly twisted, depraved, and totalitarian.  

But nah that's totally normal in a "free and democratic society". Pointing out this is more similar to communist China makes you "irrational" ?

So?  Does that warrant martial law?   Does it warrant character assassinations and freezing of bank accounts?

No, I don't think it does.  Though you're making a fair point, calling it martial law doesn't do you any favors.  The use of the Emergency Act on the trucker protest was a joke and should never happened.  That doesn't mean that the protestors should have been allowed to stay as long as they did, but that's part of the problem.  It's absurd that these protests somehow couldn't have been cleared/moved earlier without opting for the nuclear option.    

Occupy Wall Street and the BLM occupation in Portland was tolerated.  Buildings were burned down and people assaulted during the BLM protests and most people basically accepted this rage and listened patiently to the cries to defund the police.

?

"but but but BLM and antiiiifa!"  This is just lazy whataboutism and deflection.  Neither of these were Canadian protests nor did they have anything to do with the Trucker Convoy.  The differences among all of the above are stark, but debating them serves no purpose other than to derail the topic and turn it into more culture-war bait. 

When you say these protests were "tolerated" or "basically accepted" that's pretty vague and misleading, but what I suspect you mean is that the participants weren't getting skewered in public opinion like the Truckers.  That's not on anyone but them.  The organizers were idiots and whatever genuine concerns (specifically economic) they had were drowned in moronic anger and conspiracy theories that people were exhausted listening to.  

The learning from government’s response to the Freedom Convoy is that government can impose and maintain drastic measures and put down opposition to those measures without so much as an explanation or compromise.

Problematic.  Yes.  This is something that Trudeau should probably pay for, and we should get a very clear idea of what on earth went wrong to lead to it.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

So?  Does that warrant martial law?   Does it warrant character assassinations and freezing of bank accounts?   Occupy Wall Street and the BLM occupation in Portland was tolerated.  Buildings were burned down and people assaulted during the BLM protests and most people basically accepted this rage and listened patiently to the cries to defund the police.  The learning from government’s response to the Freedom Convoy is that government can impose and maintain drastic measures and put down opposition to those measures without so much as an explanation or compromise.

You say this so often

What martial law???

210 accounts and returned withing a week.

Occupy Wall Street and the BLM occupation in Portland is not  on Wellington Street Ottawa??  Absolute zero relevance. Typical deflection because you have not proper response.

40 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Not to mention the tens of thousands of videos of the protest that were uploaded showing a peaceful protest.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

~~ George Orwell ~~

Ha, youtube, tiktiok and facetime... your source of reliable information LOL   LOL  LOL

37 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The EMA can be invoked if a few blocks in Ottawa are congested with a protest?

Or if Ottawa residents are inconvenienced in any way?

Are you sure about that?

Who's the real ? here? I mean besides Trudeau.

Not exclusively but, when borders are blocked, that added up to EMA.

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You say this so often

What martial law???

210 accounts and returned withing a week.

Occupy Wall Street and the BLM occupation in Portland is not  on Wellington Street Ottawa??  Absolute zero relevance. Typical deflection because you have not proper response.

You keep comparing the Freedom Convoy to January 6.  My other point is that even if you call this an occupation, the use of martial law was unwarranted. It was a form of martial law or War Measures, basically a suspension of rights so law enforcement could do as it saw fit to remove protests that were arbitrarily declared illegal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Yes.

Very scary.

Try camping in your neighbour's front yard and parking your car in his driveway for three weeks doing all that stuff and see how much they like it