Emergency Act commission

myata

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Our laws are not the same

How do you know it? I'm sure China's constitution says it's the most democratic country in the world. By little scribbles on a sheet of paper or by own eyes you know it? And who promised you that the result will always be same?

26 minutes ago, eyeball said:

And a nation is rescued from it by patriotic citizens.

but I as an individual do not have right to use force against the state

down that path lies Timothy McVeigh

even in America

the right to overthrow the federal government is a states right

it can only be done under lawful chain of command by the state militia

same thing in Canada

we in Ontario, could vote to overthrow the Confederation

but that is not my call, that would require a referendum subject to the Clarity Act

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, myata said:

How do you know it? I'm sure China's constitution says it's the most democratic country in the world. By little scribbles on a sheet of paper or by own eyes you know it? And who promised you that the result will always be same?

The Soviet Union also had a great sounding constitution. We don't have leaders for life, our constitution says an election has to be held every five years. They don't have mandatory commissions to review things like the use of the EMA. How do you think a PM would impose the tyranny you are crying wolf about. Do you seriously think the armed forces or various police forces would have any part of it?

Constitutional monarchies have the most stable governments on the planet. Instead of  continually whining, be thankful you live in one.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aristides said:

We don't have leaders for life, our constitution says an election has to be held every five years

Election of what? Did you know that in the Soviet Union, in the later years, as in some of its puppet states there were different sham "parties"? What is the point of an election if the choice is limited to the absolute minimum? Do we have any truly independent institutions, rather than pathetic and sad imitations? Which one checked: a) SNS-Lavalin scandal, possible interference with (presumably) independent justice system? b) Pandemic measures?  c) unprecedented invocation of Emergency Act? Can RCMP investigate PM (sorry not sure if he can authorize himself to do anything)? One more time: do you trust your eyes, what you see in the reality? Or pretty writings on a crumpled paper?

1 minute ago, myata said:

Election of what? Did you know that in the Soviet Union, in the later years, as in some of its puppet states there were different sham "parties"? What is the point of an election if the choice is limited to the absolute minimum? Do we have any truly independent institutions, rather than pathetic and sad imitations? Which one checked: a) SNS-Lavalin scandal, possible interference with (presumably) independent justice system? b) Pandemic measures?  c) unprecedented invocation of Emergency Act? Can RCMP investigate PM (sorry not sure if he can authorize himself to do anything)? One more time: do you trust your eyes, what you see in the reality? Or pretty writings on a crumpled paper?

Federal election. Try reading it.

Whine, whine, whine. Booring

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, myata said:

Can RCMP investigate PM (sorry not sure if he can authorize himself to do anything)? One more time: do you trust your eyes, what you see in the reality? Or pretty writings on a crumpled paper?

the Executive is forbidden from directing the police in Canada

the RCMP Commissioner wields the authority of the monarch against the Cabinet, soon as they break the law

the RCMP Commissioner is bound by solemn oath to arrest a Prime Minister in violation of the law

the remedy therein,  for the utterly corrupt & inept political class in Canada

is to ensure that they always appoint an utter sycophant as RCMP Commissioner

like Brenda Lucki, spineless degenerate pathetic moral coward that she is

this a tried & true work around in Canada

as the treasonous MP's in Canada rightly live in fear of the RCMP

because it would just take one Mountie to break ranks, and indict them all as criminals

just one Mountie to march unto the Hill, and arrest the MP's for their crimes

wouldn't that be glorious ?

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

So, you are just making things up and yours is all opinion and not fact.

Good to know.

the members of the forum can take it or leave it as they please

I simply generate content for my friends & followers

I speak from the heart on my sleeve therein

I rarely bother to make an argument

as I feel no need to prove myself here

it's just an internet forum, a free market of ideas

can't kill an idea

30 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the Executive is forbidden from directing the police in Canada

the RCMP Commissioner wields the authority of the monarch against the Cabinet, soon as they break the law

the RCMP Commissioner is bound by solemn oath to arrest a Prime Minister in violation of the law

like Brenda Lucki, spineless degenerate pathetic moral coward that she is

Incorrect. The PM can direct the RCMP to investigate. The PM can only direct RCMP as the other police forces are under the direction of other jurisdictions.

Wrong again The RCMP commisioner wields the authority that has been allotted to him under the constitution and laws of Canada, not any monarchy.

Once again, your comments must be opinion as they are incorrect.

Yes, Brenda Lucki seems to be an ineffective commissioner.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

the members of the forum can take it or leave it as they please

I simply generate content for my friends & followers

I speak from the heart on my sleeve therein

I rarely bother to make an argument

as I feel no need to prove myself here

it's just an internet forum, a free market of ideas

can't kill an idea

I got ya.

You comments are based on opinion and not facts even though you assert they are real. Speaking from heart and sleeve do not in any way make anything you say as correct.

I will continue to challenge your comments if they are incorrect and not factual.

Yes, it is an internet forum to share ideas and thoughts but to assert or insinuate falsehoods is deceitful.

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Once again, your comments must be opinion as they are incorrect.

quite sure Canadians can see that the their politicians are effectively above the law, so long as they tow the party line

quite sure they notice their politicians are committing crimes brazenly, even against the highest law in the land

and yet no Mountie will investgate

no Mountie will enforce the rule of law against the political class

it's not even subtle

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

The Ottawa protesters were well past their best before date, they had made life miserable for the people of Ottawa for weeks, ignored court orders and broke numerous laws. It was time to go. 

We do need more clarity on the freezing of bank accounts. Who's were actually frozen and why. 

There is an Ontario appeals judge chairing the committee and I think we will get some answers.

I think who's accounts were frozen will and should be kept private.

Imagine the effects on the people should if their names were made public??  The pro people would use them as martyrs, the con people could use them as scapegoats. The public at large could and may use them as whipping posts. Employers may find them unreliable and/or a liability?

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

quite sure Canadians can see that the their politicians are effectively above the law, so long as they tow the party line

quite sure they notice their politicians are committing crimes brazenly, even against the highest law in the land

it's not even subtle

Yes Lucki and the GG seem very much in the pocket of the PMO.  The courts aren’t much better.  This is the trouble with having one political party dominate patronages for so many decades.  It’s a de facto one party state.  Even the Conservatives play into it as Liberal Party-light.  

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

it's not even subtle

This is not about Canadians or politicians or RCMP. It is about your use of opinion insinuating fact.

And yes, many politicians have been investigated and charged.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Canadian_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

Just providing facts to your "opinions".

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes Lucki and the GG seem very much in the pocket of the PMO.  The courts aren’t much better.  This is the trouble with having one political party dominate patronages for so many decades.  It’s a de facto one party state.  Even the Conservatives play into it as Liberal Party-light.  

Lucki is for sure a lame duck commissioner but the GG?

What are you alleging? What has the GG done to convince you that she is in the pocket of the PM?

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I think who's accounts were frozen will and should be kept private.

Imagine the effects on the people should if their names were made public??  The pro people would use them as martyrs, the con people could use them as scapegoats. The public at large could and may use them as whipping posts. Employers may find them unreliable and/or a liability?

Maybe not names unless it is people who have been charged but definitely whether it was just organizers or also people who just donated to things like Go Fund Me as some have alleged.

Just now, Aristides said:

Maybe not names unless it is people who have been charged but definitely whether it was just organizers or also people who just donated to things like Go Fund Me as some have alleged.

That is not what you said. You said "Who's were actually frozen and why."

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Neither the GG or courts answer to the PM. 

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

No problem spinning tunes. I just don't like spinning reality.

The truth is the most important part of any discussion.

I don't believe that you are a trusted source here

I don't think you have much support

if you ever came off the internet, quite sure I could raise a small army against you and your assertions

you're not even loyal to the Crown, only to the government

I think most patriotic Canadians,  in their hearts, would join me in opposing you

17 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Lucki is for sure a lame duck commissioner but the GG?

What are you alleging? What has the GG done to convince you that she is in the pocket of the PM?

She was silent during the protests when our constitutional rights were being violated and the WEF leader said that he had penetrated over half the Canadian Cabinet.  If those aren’t issues for a GG, I don’t know what are.  I’m also surprised that as an Indigenous lady she wasn’t concerned about the Indigenous woman who was hospitalized after being trampled by mounted police.  I already know you think the oppressive tactics against peaceful protesters were fine and this is all just conspiracy theory from Trump supporters (I wasn’t a Trump fan).  

Edited by Zeitgeist