What evidence is there to support Canada being 'systemically racist'?

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The problem is we are NOT treating everyone the same.

How about if each individual just treats everyone the way they'd like to be treated, how hard can it be?

Maybe that would be easier than finding systematic solutions to systemic problems that were created long before most if not all of us were even born.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

How about if each individual just treats everyone the way they'd like to be treated, how hard can it be?

That would cause a lot of trouble.

For example, I'd like everyone I meet to give me money. I'd also like all the pretty girls to want to sleep with me and be mine forever.

Also, I'd like people to bow as I pass.

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

Maybe that would be easier than finding systematic solutions to systemic problems that were created long before most if not all of us were even born.

And ended before anyone started talking about systemic racism.

13 hours ago, I am Groot said:

1. The companies the advertising agencies represent are subject to pressure groups. Which his why they're all falling all over each other to proclaim their devotion to inclusion, equity and diversity.

2. It's likely I just forgot. Easy posts which take little time to answer can be done on my phone. If I see something which requires a longer answer, and more time to think it through, I'll put it off until I'm at my computer. But of course, I can forget.

3. So it appears there is no cure in our lifetimes.

4. Why do so many of their chiefs make more money than provincial premiers?

5. Were Black people stopped all over the city or mostly in specific high-crime areas? Areas known for gang violence?

6. Really, the only minorities who have a claim on us over that are indigenous people. 

7. How do we combat prejudice given the source is people's sense of tribal loyalty and anger against 'outsiders' seen as constantly attacking the tribe?

8. It's like, the Chicago media never mentions race when hundreds of 'youths' show up downtown to trash stores, 

9. You want to address the prejudice you need to address the cause. Which is what is seen as the greatly disproportionate criminality of certain groups.

10. But that too is something we're not allowed to publicly discuss.

1.  Well, I did work in advertising in a spell and I don't see it.  I think you are presuming that's the reason, but the people who generate the content for advertising are pretty young and likely bought in to what you would call 'woke' without pressure required.
2. Fair enough.  I'm the same way.
3. Perhaps not.  Noted.
4. I agree that it's suspicious.
5. I'm not sure but the stats are city wide.  I am pretty sure a black person walking in Forest Hill would get special attention, as I lived in that "hood" and calling the police once single time (about a bike theft) got a response in lightning-quick time.  They don't publish stats of response times by neighbourhood, hmmm wonder why.... 
6. This was essentially the thesis of an article in MacLean's a few years back: https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/out-of-sight-out-of-mind-2/
7. We reinstate the ideas that made democracy separate from monarchy: objectivity, honesty and devotion to a higher cause over loyalty.  Unfortunately the demise of religion has made this difficulty and so we have these populist trolls everywhere, rousting up their respective mobs.
8. The news also doesn't mention how "liberal" Chicago funds schooling by zones that keep the wealthy liberal neighbourhoods wealthy and the poor neighbourhoods poor as dirt.  Liberals are happy with that so-called "liberal" media but it's actually "neoliberal" if you catch my meaning.
9. Agreed.
10. Agreed again.  Poverty, right ?

16 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The problem is we are NOT treating everyone the same.

I agree but don’t see a problem per se. I will never view the death cult islam as anything but just that.

Also, most Chinese here decades but speaking Mandarin should go home.

Neither group belongs here - by their own actions and behaviours.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:05 PM, Army Guy said:

The kids did not choose anything; however, it is their choice to remain. There is no magic pill for this, it takes a lot of hard work and determination, but it is possible millions of people around the world do it every day. It is also a choice to remain there as well.

There are no hard working poor people?

• Thanks 1

For those who don't understand how the US government works, Presidents can't veto standing laws:

"US: At the federal level, the president may veto bills passed by Congress, and Congress may override the veto by a 2/3 vote of each chamber. A line-item veto was briefly enacted in the 1990s, but was declared an unconstitutional violation of the separation of powers by the Supreme Court."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veto#:~:text=US%3A At the federal level,powers by the Supreme Court.

New posters: Please be mindful of your facts, thank you.

56 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

For those who don't understand how the US government works, Presidents can't veto standing laws:

"US: At the federal level, the president may veto bills passed by Congress, and Congress may override the veto by a 2/3 vote of each chamber. A line-item veto was briefly enacted in the 1990s, but was declared an unconstitutional violation of the separation of powers by the Supreme Court."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veto#:~:text=US%3A At the federal level,powers by the Supreme Court.

New posters: Please be mindful of your facts, thank you.

Here's a fact for you Mikey. The "liberal mind" has worked for about 50 years, to utterly destroy the pillars of our once healthy society.

Family, religious morality and honest work. The results are pathetic. Now you immature little Tweenkies think you can point at those who see this tragedy unfolding and scream,

'You've created RACISM!'

No Libbie...YOU'VE created this mess, and like the little kids in a playground, you're all looking for someone else to blame for your own spoiled stupidity. 

You twerps need a good spanking and sent to bed with no dinner. It seems that's all your childish mentalities can fathom.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Here's a fact for you Mikey. The "liberal mind" has worked for about 50 years, to utterly destroy the pillars of our once healthy society.

Family, religious morality and honest work. The results are pathetic. Now you immature little Tweenkies think you can point at those who see this tragedy unfolding and scream,

'You've created RACISM!'

No Libbie...YOU'VE created this mess, and like the little kids in a playground, you're all looking for someone else to blame for your own spoiled stupidity. 

You twerps need a good spanking and sent to bed with no dinner. It seems that's all your childish mentalities can fathom.

Old person yells at clouds.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

ur a dope.

Who was it and from which political side of the isle, that started this Libbie social destruction? Do you even know...or even care?

Hint: He came to power on a plane.

One man’s cultural destruction is another man’s culture shift, I guess.  I like everyone being treated equal.  

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Not yet.  It will probably take a few more old people dying first.  

Ah...so this is a joke to you I see.

Like I said...ur a dope.

Go play with your video game and stop trying to make yourself out to have any sort of intellect.

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Ah...so this is a joke to you I see.

Like I said...ur a dope.

Go play with your video game and stop trying to make yourself out to have any sort of intellect.

The only joke is the moral panic that folks like you have about anything that doesn’t conform to your narrow views. 

Even that has gotten better though…. It used to be in America that “the left” led moral panics as much as “the right”.  Al Gore and company freaking out about rock n roll…. Now at least the moral panics seem to be coming mainly from only one direction…

What do you think of lyrics in rock n roll these days gramps?

53 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

The only joke is the moral panic that folks like you have about anything that doesn’t conform to your narrow views. 

Even that has gotten better though…. It used to be in America that “the left” led moral panics as much as “the right”.  Al Gore and company freaking out about rock n roll…. Now at least the moral panics seem to be coming mainly from only one direction…

What do you think of lyrics in rock n roll these days gramps?

I don't bother with music after 1995 or so. If there's no melody...it ain't "music". Its just a bunch of malcontents dreaming of either killing cops or screwing anyone and everyone.

Now you can answer my question.

"Who was it and from which political side of the isle, that started this Libbie social destruction? Do you even know...or even care? "

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I don't bother with music after 1995 or so. If there's no melody...it ain't "music". Its just a bunch of malcontents dreaming of either killing cops or screwing anyone and everyone.

Now you can answer my question.

"Who was it and from which political side of the isle, that started this Libbie social destruction? Do you even know...or even care? "

I don’t care who you think is the downfall of society.  

The debate seems to be centred around what government is doing or not doing to be inclusive, advance equity, and fight racism.   This ideology that government knows all and can do all is a disastrous mistake.  The government in Canada is basically a heathen government driven by heathen ideas of liberalism and Marxism.   The more society demands from government, the more freedom the people will lose and the more Marxist it will become as it continues to increase it's control over society to impose what it believes as equity, inclusion, and a "just society".  We have countless examples of what a disaster that is in Canada.  Everything from a failing health care system to a legal system that lets dangerous offenders and murderers back out on the street in an effort to rehabilitate them without regard to the safety of the public.

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The government in Canada is basically a heathen government driven by heathen ideas of liberalism and Marxism. 

And people vote for that.  So people here clearly aren't Christian.  And yet you choose to live in this fountain of sin.

It makes one scratch their heads doesn't it ?

On 10/16/2022 at 7:21 AM, I am Groot said:

That would cause a lot of trouble.

For example, I'd like everyone I meet to give me money. I'd also like all the pretty girls to want to sleep with me and be mine forever.

Also, I'd like people to bow as I pass.

This would only cause you trouble if you didn't reciprocate.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:21 AM, I am Groot said:

And ended before anyone started talking about systemic racism.

We'll it took years to move beyond systematic racism and certainly overlappef with systemic racism. The latter is the result of the former which we'll still be dealing with for decades/generations.

There is a difference between people talking and hearing about things too. Perhaps you only recently got started.