Euthanism & Right to Die

August1991

12 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

It’s human. I said that exact thing a few posts up.  

But the woman’s rights to bodily autonomy supersedes the fetus’ rights.  Do we force anyone to give blood?  Never.  

So if you had a job I wanted, is it okay for me to kill you? (For my own convenience) If not, explain what it is in the United States Constitution that makes YOUR life more precious than that of a BABY.

4 hours ago, reason10 said:

So if you had a job I wanted, is it okay for me to kill you? (For my own convenience) If not, explain what it is in the United States Constitution that makes YOUR life more precious than that of a BABY.

This is the best analogy you could come up with….  murdering someone for a job?  ? 

What makes a 5 year olds life less precious than the people who could save it with a bit of their blood, or a kidney?   

18 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

This is the best analogy you could come up with….  murdering someone for a job?  ? 

What makes a 5 year olds life less precious than the people who could save it with a bit of their blood, or a kidney?   

A pregnant woman who could lose her chance for promotion in a company would choose to kill her baby so her career wouldn't suffer.

Or do you somehow think women are too stupid and inferior to hold executive positions?

Oh, and nice try at changing the subject. What does blood or a kidney for a five year old have to do with abortion?

And you wonder why everybody says liberals are so stupid and immature.

6 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

We don’t make a parent give blood to a 5 year old.  The same bodily autonomy applies to a pregnant woman.  Bodily autonomy trumps the fetus’ right to life.  

Excuse me, but giving blood to a human is not the same as ripping a human's arms and legs from his/her torso and sucking him/her out into a sink. There's a bit of a difference, which educated people get.

You should talk to a few.

3 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Excuse me, but giving blood to a human is not the same as ripping a human's arms and legs from his/her torso and sucking him/her out into a sink. There's a bit of a difference, which educated people get.

You should talk to a few.

The bodily autonomy argument is the same for giving blood and abortion.  We don’t even force dead people to donate organs.  The bodily autonomy of the woman is paramount.   

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

The bodily autonomy argument is the same for giving blood and abortion.  We don’t even force dead people to donate organs.  The bodily autonomy of the woman is paramount.   

I think that, because no human being is the property of another, once someone dies their body should go to the state, be harvested of all useful parts and then composted.

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I think that, because no human being is the property of another, once someone dies their body should go to the state, be harvested of all useful parts and then composted.

It would be nice, as it would save lives of people who are actually living.  

But it can’t happen.  Bodily autonomy goes with the person even when they’re dead, at least to a large extent.   There are good reasons for this. 

36 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

It would be nice, as it would save lives of people who are actually living.  

But it can’t happen.  Bodily autonomy goes with the person even when they’re dead, at least to a large extent.   There are good reasons for this. 

Any non-religious ones?

20 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Any non-religious ones?

Yes, I think so.  Having bodily autonomy when you’re dead means comfort while you’re alive that your wishes will be respected.  I think that’s a non-religious reason. 

Does an individual have a non-religious reason for hoarding their organs once they’re dead?  I don’t know.  I can’t think of any…  but their bodily autonomy still needs to be respected for the reason above. 

Edited by TreeBeard

23 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Yes, I think so.  Having bodily autonomy when you’re dead means comfort while you’re alive that your wishes will be respected.  I think that’s a non-religious reason. 

Does an individual have a non-religious reason for hoarding their organs once they’re dead?  I don’t know.  I can’t think of any…  but their bodily autonomy still needs to be respected for the reason above. 

Not enough of a reason, to me.

It might take a while, but people can come around to the idea that once they are dead their bodies don't matter any more. 

Burying a body should, right now,  be as unacceptable to our society as leaving it to rot in the middle of a kindergarten class.

Composting might take a while to become the norm.

• 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, August1991 said:

I recently figured that MAiD was "Medically Assisted in Death" - and known in English as MAID.

Because otherwise, it would be known as MAD - "Medically Assisted  Death".

I thought it was Medical Assistance in Dying.

15 minutes ago, August1991 said:

So, it's MAD = "Medical Assistance in Dying".

MAID, MAiD or MAD - it is euthanasia.

=====

Like abortion - or capital punishment -what's the point?

In talking to you, none at all. 

I just thought you should get the name right.

On 1/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, bcsapper said:

No human being is the property of the state.    There are websites that say some people have had their organs taken when they were not really dead.  The definition of what is dead is disputed also, because some doctors want to take the organs as fast as possible.   Some people have observed bodies react as if they were in great pain when an organ has been taken or attempted to be taken. 

So no thanks.  I don't trust governments or people who are harvesting organs because they want to take them as quick as possible before they are really dead.  They may in many cases be taking organs before people are really dead.  They might be unconscious or semi-conscious and still feel pain.  The heart might appear to have stopped also, but they could be still able to feel pain.  But they can't talk or say because of their condition.

Organ Donors are Alive when their Organs are Harvested - Auricmedia - Blogman's Wonderland

A person's body is also the property of the relatives to do with it as the deceased wishes.

Stop interfering with other people's rights like a Commie.

oragn_steal.webp

Edited by blackbird

37 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Stop interfering with other people's rights like a Commie.

You're religious, aren't you?

Nobody interferes with other people's rights like a God botherer.