Military in crises mode.

59 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The Canadian military has been morphed into a virtue signalling, lame-ass group of SJWs.

Its an embarrassment and likely couldn't defend a house...let alone a nation.

unlike the stronk Russian macho-man military, right?  ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The Canadian military has been morphed into a virtue signalling, lame-ass group of SJWs.

The Canadian Military has problems but the men and women serving do so willingly. They do as they are told. The Military members can do and have done a great many things with less and done it admirably.

Now, the DND, has always been a political pawn and played the game for whatever party was in power. That is what a government department does, whatever the in power politicians say. Was the same when conservatives were in power.

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

it's the same in the US military

in fact most of this Social Justice religion is being imported to the Canadian Forces from the Pentagon

the Democrats are destroying the US military in the same way the Liberals destroyed the Canadian military

it's just happening on a much bigger scale in America

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

The Canadian Military has problems but the men and women serving do so willingly. They do as they are told. The Military members can do and have done a great many things with less and done it admirably.

Now, the DND, has always been a political pawn and played the game for whatever party was in power. That is what a government department does, whatever the in power politicians say. Was the same when conservatives were in power.

So they took a junkyard dog, and turned it onto a shitzu?

Marvie...

10 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

As an old timer ex military, I can assure you that we did have more than just white straight males, in the Air Force anyway. I had a crew of aircraft mechanics that were 50% women. Great techs too, Still friends after all these years :)

Problem/issues with women in the aviation trades is that they did not stick around long for various reasons and marriage and kids were priority. If they stayed, being deployed was also a big reason for them getting out.

There were always a lot of women in the logistics, administration and medical and several other fields. Yes, there were (and are) few in the combat occupations but, the physicality of those occupations makes it difficult for most of them but as a whole, there were always women in the Military.

True, but it's the troops I believe they're having the problem with numbers.

13 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

True, but it's the troops I believe they're having the problem with numbers.

Yes, that is the topic.

I was responding to the poster that said "Canadian military has been morphed into a virtue signalling, lame-ass group of SJWs. "

14 hours ago, Nationalist said:

So they took a junkyard dog, and turned it onto a shitzu?

Marvie...

The political arm, the DND, holds the cards on the Military. Always has and always will.

The military is subservient to the political will, always was and always will be.

When a group is at the mercy of a higher authority, it is what that higher authority wants it to be.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

The political arm, the DND, holds the cards on the Military. Always has and always will.

The military is subservient to the political will, always was and always will be.

When a group is at the mercy of a higher authority, it is what that higher authority wants it to be.

OK well...I think that's not an "optimal" process.

15 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

OK well...I think that's not an "optimal" process.

Not sure what you may think "optimal" would be in the case of the military, any military.

The Military is subservient to government. They do as the government tasks them.

52 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Not sure what you may think "optimal" would be in the case of the military, any military.

The Military is subservient to government. They do as the government tasks them.

I think the military should have a modicum of independence by swearing to defend THE CONSTITUTION and Canada.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I think the military should have a modicum of independence by swearing to defend THE CONSTITUTION and Canada.

The Military is not a police force. It does not defend or uphold the constitution.

The allegiance is to the Crown (now the King), meaning to the government and to do what the government tasks them to do, in Canada or around the world.

42 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The Military is not a police force. It does not defend or uphold the constitution.

The allegiance is to the Crown (now the King), meaning to the government and to do what the government tasks them to do, in Canada or around the world.

Actually our military said very plainly that they will not intervene in the Freedom Convoy protests.

Later that day, Pixie-Dust announced...

“One has to be very, very cautious before deploying military forces in situations engaging Canadians,”

I was proud of our military that day.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Actually our military said very plainly that they will not intervene in the Freedom Convoy protests.

You need to understand, the Military will do and can do nothing unless told to do so by government. They cannot act on their own.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

You need to understand, the Military will do and can do nothing unless told to do so by government. They cannot act on their own.

Sooo...you don't figure Justin checked with the military before making his announcement? I mean...that's a pretty basic exercise...even he would think of it.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

It did not look very good at OKA, when the military was given orders to contain and take down Indigenous blockades, and protest sites, as well as the main camp... No one wants that again, fighting Canadians is not defending our nation, but rather our government.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Sooo...you don't figure Justin checked with the military before making his announcement? I mean...that's a pretty basic exercise...even he would think of it.

I think that the Chief of Defence Staff is part of the process but no, I do not think the Military is "checked". They are told after the decision has been made by senior ministers. The CDS is not a cabinet minister, he is just an employee :)

The chain of command is longer than you think.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

No one wants that again, fighting Canadians is not defending our nation, but rather our government.

it is going to happen none the less

this insane government in Canada is going to have to call out the army eventually

just wait until Canadians are getting wiped out by the global debt crisis

homeless in the tent cities, can't afford to feed their kids

the Freedom Convoy is nothing compared to what is coming

• 1 month later...

More chicken shi* from a Chicken Shi* government, Canadians should be holding their heads up high, proud of what they are doing as we watch our security apparatus get stabbed over the course of decades.  

Canada needs to act on its existing defence policy, not review it repeatedly (msn.com)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

More chicken shi* from a Chicken Shi* government, Canadians should be holding their heads up high, proud of what they are doing as we watch our security apparatus get stabbed over the course of decades.  

Canada needs to act on its existing defence policy, not review it repeatedly (msn.com)

Rest assured lad, that if the time ever comes for Canada's military to go into action, they will be armed with the proper pronouns. Like Mettalica said: "Nothing else matters."

• Like 1