Is this fine re:politics forum more Trump friendly or more Trump hating?

4 hours ago, DONKIROCK said:

I am encouraged by the support my humble posts have received here so far but I wonder if my efforts to rally support for the GREAT MAN might be a waste of time.

?

Failing to post evidence from legitimate sources means it's a waste of your time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

This started out as a Canadian forum, so it should not shock you that only the most insanely ignorant and traitorous of Canadians support Trump. Along with the odd ultra-nationalist America hater that enjoyed him turn your country into a laughing stock for 4 years.

?

Lucky you!

I found a picture of you so you don't have to face the double embarrassments of not only BEING a goofball but also of running the risk of someone posting an even MORE UNFLATTERING picture of you later.

You're welcome. 

By the way, you DO know that Trump prevented Russia from invading Ukraine  for four + years, right?

?

8 hours ago, DONKIROCK said:

I am encouraged by the support my humble posts have received here so far but I wonder if my efforts to rally support for the GREAT MAN might be a waste of time.

?

the President is simply a public servant, a glorified bureaucrat

as a Republican, I support President Trump simply as a means to an end

we hired him to do a job for us

and he did the job

in terms of his greatness

that legacy is Neil Gorsuch & Amy Coney Barret

appointing two Originalists to the SCOTUS, imposing a 6-3 majority therein

mission accomplished

you won't rally much support from Canadians

but since they are Canadians, its of no consequence

9 hours ago, DONKIROCK said:

I wonder if my efforts to rally support for the GREAT MAN might be a waste of time.

Lol. 

Leftists are impervious to facts. 

If you want them to love Trump you have to get CNN to put a smiley beside his photo. His approval rating would go up by 20%.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, herbie said:

only the most insanely ignorant and traitorous of Canadians support Trump.

Weird, I thought you hated the guy.

Along with the odd ultra-nationalist America hater that enjoyed him turn your country into a laughing stock for 4 years.

English your a laughing stock is.

Don't worry though, I managed to translate that, and people who love America as a laughing stock are in their glory now. At least the ones who don't care how close to nuclear war we are. 

Is that some kind of a reasonable standard to judge a POTUS by? How close they bring the country to a nuclear war? 'Cause I gotta admit, Biden is the best I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I disagree.

The Supreme Court was mostly the work of Mitch McConnell, revenge for Robert Bork hearings and the Democrats using the nuclear option which McConnell made a promise at that time it will come to bite them back. 

Democrats lost the Supreme Court, is true, not because of Trump, he is just a pupett. 

Supreme Court judges should not be partisan and one in a while they have decisions which show even the Trump who is boss. 

kicking ass, taking names, our 6-3 SCOTUS will slaughter all the Democrat party sacred cows

death to the Democrat plantation aristocracy, still holding the black man in chains

we Republican Abolitionists will never abide it

Party of Lincoln

Eagle with thunderbolts in talons grasped

from Appomattox Court House to the Sea if Tranquility & beyond

how are you, neutral Johnny Bull ?

we'll settle next with you

Edited by Dougie93

41 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the President is simply a public servant, a glorified bureaucrat

as a Republican, I support President Trump simply as a means to an end

we hired him to do a job for us

and he did the job

in terms of his greatness

that legacy is Neil Gorsuch & Amy Coney Barret

appointing two Originalists to the SCOTUS, imposing a 6-3 majority therein

mission accomplished

you won't rally much support from Canadians

but since they are Canadians, its of no consequence

Wait until Biden's energy policies hit home.

Trump made us TOTALLY ENERGY INDEPENDENT.

Biden will make us suffer so that the Leftists will somehow manipulate us into wanting Communism as a way to cure us of the woes Biden's policies will have brought upon us.

And Dems wont understand any of this until they are deprived of goods. Services. Gasoline. Jobs, wages. Freedoms, peace & tranquility.

THEN enough Dems will grasp the reality. But by that time, the new Leftist government the Dems are empowering and enabling will have gained sufficient control of our populace to feel undefeatable and THEN the average Democrats will finally understand why we were so adamant about the 2nd Amendment.

?

Edited by DONKIROCK

7 minutes ago, DONKIROCK said:

Wait until Biden's energy policies hit home.

Trump made us TOTALLY ENERGY INDEPENDENT.

Biden will make us suffer so that the Leftists will somehow manipulate us into wanting Communism as a way to cure us of the woes Biden's policies will have brought upon us.

And Dems wont understand any of this until they are deprived of goods. Services. Gasoline. Jobs, wages. Freedoms, peace & tranquility.

THEN enough Dems will grasp the reality. But by that time, the new Leftist government the Dems are empowering and enabling will have gained sufficient control of our populace to feel undefeatable and THEN the average Democrats will finally understand why we were so adamant about the 2nd Amendment.

?

moderate Democrats are already fleeing to the GOP

most of my Republican compatriots now used to be Democrats

it's the Reagan Democrats all over again, except even greater this time

patriotic freedom loving Democrats being forced into the arms of the GOP

by the sheer slave holding lunacy of the Democrat party traitors to the republic all over again

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

not one step back, in the face of the Democrat party slave holding aristocracy

we will free the black man, and everybody else,  from these traitors

or die trying

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

moderate Democrats are already fleeing to the GOP

most of my Republican compatriots now used to be Democrats

it's the Reagan Democrats all over again, except even greater this time

patriotic freedom loving Democrats being forced into the arms of the GOP

by the sheer slave holding lunacy of the Democrat party traitors to the republic all over again

So you've ALREADY devolved back to 1850?

I've heard that is the goal of some Republicans, but never actually heard FROM one of them.

8 minutes ago, robosmith said:

So you've ALREADY devolved back to 1850?

I've heard that is the goal of some Republicans, but never actually heard FROM one of them.

we are the Abolitionists forever

Party of Lincoln

we will tolerate no slavery of any kind

whether the Democrats try to hold their black slaves in Chicago

or their white slaves in the Rust Belt

we shall not rest, until the Democrat plantation aristocrats are overthrown

because in the beauty of the lilies, Christ our Savior, was born across the sea

and His truth is marching on

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

we are the Abolitionists forever

Party of Lincoln

we will tolerate no slavery of any kind

whether the Democrats try to hold their black slaves in Chicago

or their white slaves in the Rust Belt

we shall not rest, until the plantation aristocrats are overthrown

because in the beauty of the lilies, Christ our Savior, was born across the sea

I guess you've not heard that Republicans switched sides with Nixon's "Southern strategy" in the '60s and 70s.

'The politics of racial division': Trump borrows Nixon's 'southern strategy'

Republican politicians of the 1960s exploited white voters’ fears and prejudices – and Trump is stoking the fire for November

Donald Trump has warned that if Joe Biden replaces him as president the suburbs will be flooded with low-income housing. He has backed supporters who have sometimes violently clashed with Black Lives Matter protesters across the country. The US president has even refrained from directly condemning the actions of a teenager charged with killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

And Trump has also called the BLM movement a “symbol of hate”.

With such rhetoric, the president is taking a page or two out of the 1960s “southern strategy”: the playbook Republican politicians such as Richard Nixon and Barry Goldwater used to rally political support among white voters across the south by leveraging racism and white fear of people of color.

But Trump’s own version of the southern strategy is an updated one for 2020. It’s not a carbon copy, and the president has mixed this angle with other pitches to voters. Yet as tensions over police and protests have increased across America, Trump has increasingly made these arguments the centerpiece of his campaign in the closing months of the election.

“He’s throwing gasoline on a fire. He knows what he’s doing. He’s making a political calculus that by stoking the worst parts of the American psyche that he can somehow gain political leverage from that,” said Isaac Wright, a Democratic strategist who specializes in rural campaigns and southern voters.

Wright pointed to when neo-Nazis marched through Charlottesville and the president defensively said there were “very fine people” both among the marchers and the counter-marchers.

“I think this is what he did in 2016 – he’s just becoming more blatant and open of who he is and what he’s doing,” Wright said.

The southern strategy was the plan used effectively by Nixon to increase voting among white voters in the south. Nixon’s campaign put a heavy emphasis on law and order and states’ rights to attract white voters concerned about racial integration. Critics argued the language used in this strategy was a thinly veiled appeal to racists and an ugly response to the successes of the civil rights movement.

Just now, robosmith said:

I guess you've not heard that Republicans switched sides with Nixon's "Southern strategy" in the '60s and 70s.

any Southron who upholds General Order Number 9, and returns to the Union therein

is our brother in arms

we have no quarrel with Southrons anymore

we buried that hatchet long ago, at Appomattox Court House

we do not fight against Johnny Reb

only John Cotton and his plantation aristocracy

Abraham Lincoln himself was a Southron

and his favourite song was Dixie

47 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

any Southron who upholds General Order Number 9, and returns to the Union therein

is our brother in arms

we have no quarrel with Southrons anymore

we buried that hatchet long ago, at Appomattox Court House

we do not fight against Johnny Reb

only John Cotton and his plantation aristocracy

Abraham Lincoln himself was a Southron

and his favourite song was Dixie

Oh, I thought since you were claiming Democrats favor slave holding, you had devolved back to the 1850s.

Of course the Southern strategy was ALL ABOUT Republicans currying favor in the South by spouting racist dog whistles and white supremacy. Trump fits right in there.

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Oh, I thought since you were claiming Democrats favor slave holding, you had devolved back to the 1850s.

Of course the Southern strategy was ALL ABOUT Republicans currying favor in the South by spouting racist dog whistles and white supremacy. Trump fits right in there.

again, there is no war between the Union and the South anymore, we made peace in 1865

the  Southern strategy is simply to appeal to freedom loving Americans in Dixie, as anywhere else in the republic

59 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If Anderson Cooper says it, the horde will believe it. It doesn't matter what it is. 

I heard CBS News reporter, Major Garrett say something so ridiculous that I remembered the segment and am posting it here for you to see how stupid he sounds trying to explain why Trump supporters don't believe the 2020 election was legit.

I thought Garrett was intelligent until I heard this interview.

He is a lunkhead.

If you only have a minute or two to spare. You can bail out at the two minute point.

Major Garrett and David Becker discuss their new book "The Big Truth" (6:56)

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

again, there is no war between the Union and the South anymore, we made peace in 1865

the  Southern strategy is simply to appeal to freedom loving Americans in Dixie, as anywhere else in the republic

Hardly. It was an appeal to racists and white supremacists so they would vote Republican.

That is why the Dixiecrats are GONE and the South is solidly RED.

6 hours ago, robosmith said:

Hardly. It was an appeal to racists and white supremacists so they would vote Republican.

That is why the Dixiecrats are GONE and the South is solidly RED.

the "Southern Strategy" is just a Democrat left wing media conspiracy theory

Nixon won an overwhelming landslide victory, twice

because the Democrats had gone so far to the left, they drove moderate Democrats to the GOP

the racists in the South opposed Nixon, they ran George Wallace against him

the South is solidly Red because the Democrats became a lunatic left wing party, and Southrons are conservative

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DONKIROCK said:

I heard CBS News reporter, Major Garrett say something so ridiculous that I remembered the segment and am posting it here for you to see how stupid he sounds trying to explain why Trump supporters don't believe the 2020 election was legit.

the MAGA movement is not a monolith, people supported Trump for all sorts of reasons

mostly just a rejection of the Democrats & GOP Establishment

some Trump supporters question the election

others would say it was the result of a nonstop coordinated campaign by the media to stop Trump at any cost

Trump was simply a means to an end

many Republicans are migrating towards DeSantis now, as the better candidate to win in 2024

Trump is trying to stave off a primary, he's not guaranteed to be on the ticket

Republicans just want to win

just because Republicans haven't thrown Trump under the bus yet

doesn't mean they wouldn't do so, if a better option presents itself