How is it even possible that China has three police stations in Toronto?

Standing up to China or any other dictatorship has always been a good idea.  It's good to see conservatives taking about doing so but I'll be impressed when they start linking our business and trade to China's behavior.

I'd like to see the sort of plain language that Poilievre says he favours when it comes to the government articulating a more appropriate tone with China's governing regime.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Oh, you mean like Trump did.

Oh you mean like Trump did.

Trump's historic trade deal with China, which he negotiated himself had them promise to buy US imports but with no enforcement strategy.  I guess either he thought that they would just obey... Or he wanted out of the trade quagmire that he himself caused and couldn't get out of 

His trained seals thought he did amazing but guess how much China bought.... Oh yes it was zero.

https://www.piie.com/blogs/realtime-economic-issues-watch/china-bought-none-extra-200-billion-us-exports-trumps-trade

Historic failure...

It's no surprise at all. I mean you 're all willing to accept the FBI has an office in Budapest because it says so on a TV show. And that Trudeau personally goes over every building and occupancy permit in the City of Toronto because of a headline.

Today the headlines were how Trudeau is weak because he hasn't spoken out that Chinese laws are not applicable int Canada, I guess because some of their readers are so damn stupid that wasn't obvious.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, herbie said:

And that Trudeau personally goes over every building and occupancy permit in the City of Toronto because of a headline.

Given that there's been a string of harassment episodes including with Canadian citizens on Canadian soil and he was explicitly asked to comment on it yes something should be quite obvious here.

And what about our famous safety security mandarins and czars what are they good for if not checking which foreign power is doing with permits? What if Al Quaeda sets up an office next door? Will they even know / care or wait that restaurant was really good yesterday? All good questions. How do we know.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, myata said:

Given that there's been a string of harassment episodes including with Canadian citizens on Canadian soil and he was explicitly asked to comment on it yes something should be quite obvious here.

And what about our famous safety security mandarins and czars what are they good for if not checking which foreign power is doing with permits? What if Al Quaeda sets up an office next door? Will they even know / care or wait that restaurant was really good yesterday? All good questions. How do we know.

I have a suspicion that our security apparatus has been defanged and under the total control of Trudeau.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

I have a suspicion that you have a lot of other really interesting theories like that.  

I have a pretty strong suspicion the only reason you post on here is to be contrary.

Maybe you should try reading the article in the introduction.   NO point in wasting time with you.

"The only real shock is just how brazen China appears to be in setting up physical police stations. But, then again, why wouldn’t it when our federal government, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service and various levels of law enforcement consistently fail to address China’s aggression in any meaningful way?"     - 

Sabrina Maddeaux: How hard can it be for the Liberals to say Chinese laws don’t apply in Canada? (msn.com)

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

China freely and now openly controls and manipulates it's diaspora in Canada to it's own advantage.  Liberals (and NDP) won't touch the subject because the political ramifications from the Chinese liberal/NDP vote might be negative and liberals/NDP simply do not know how to deal with it.  They have removed powers from CSIS and the RCMP.  Everything has become so political that should never be in the political realm.  The security of the country should not be determined by politics. This is one of the negatives of an open society, democracy, and multiculturalism.  I am not saying we shouldn't have democracy but we need to elect politicians who understand the situation and will protect our country from foreign control.  That is not happening.   This is an area where a totalitarian system like China's has an advantage.  Western society is in great danger at the present because of this.  We have very weak leaders who will not stand up for Canada if they think some votes might be lost.

Just read a saying:  Common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

Edited by blackbird

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is a hysterical reaction.  This report just dropped - give people a chance to respond.

This kind of reach into Canada from China has been going on for decades.  Where have you been hiding?  Many politicians have also known about these things for years but are powerless in the shadow of the Trudeau cult.  Ever heard of the virology lab fiasco in Winnipeg where the Conservatives have been trying to obtain the documents explaining why two Chinese lab scientists were working there and suddenly they were removed by the RCMP and sent back to China?

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 11:57 PM, eyeball said:

Standing up to China or any other dictatorship has always been a good idea.  It's good to see conservatives taking about doing so but I'll be impressed when they start linking our business and trade to China's behavior.

I'd like to see the sort of plain language that Poilievre says he favours when it comes to the government articulating a more appropriate tone with China's governing regime.

Why is this about Poilievre?

Who's in charge of Canada?  Who's the PM? 

CHINA HAS ESTABLISHED ITSELF IN OUR MIDST - that means nothing to you?

To you - our sovereignty is freaking joke?  Trying to muddle the issue?  

Lol - are you a mole for China? ?

Are you so blinded by partisanship?

Edited by betsy
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, betsy said:

Why is this about Poilievre?

It isn't about PP it's about what I want to see.

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Are you so blinded by partisanship?

Actually I'm on the fence about him, in good part because such a hard-boiled conservative like yourself have said you're not voting for him.

If he can shake off the wingnuts who knows how well he might do. Unfortunately it looks like the nuts are cucking up to him just like I thought they would so...

You'll be back too I suspect.

• Confused 1

And I'm of the opinion you should all drop your xenophobic and conspiracy bullshit and get down on your knees and be thankful the "MSM" exposed this so that there will be no choice other than to react.

The nonstop bullshit of posters that Trudeau should've done something about the crackhouse next door when you haven't even phoned the cops is complete nonsense.

-that was 'allegory' before you all go off subject posting about there's no crackhouse next door...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This report just dropped - give people a chance to respond.

Seriously? North Korea sets up an office next door.. the report dropped.. no, give them a chance (i.e. couple of decades) to react? Well, yeah. And how else? And why, anything else?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, blackbird said:

I have a pretty strong suspicion the only reason you post on here is to be contrary.

Maybe you should try reading the article in the introduction.   NO point in wasting time with you.

"The only real shock is just how brazen China appears to be in setting up physical police stations. But, then again, why wouldn’t it when our federal government, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service and various levels of law enforcement consistently fail to address China’s aggression in any meaningful way?"     - 

Sabrina Maddeaux: How hard can it be for the Liberals to say Chinese laws don’t apply in Canada? (msn.com)

Moonshine believes only he is smart and the rest of ya aren't.. he reads the CBC and attended a gender studies class once so he knows all the pronouns

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

It isn't about PP it's about what I want to see.

Actually I'm on the fence about him, in good part because such a hard-boiled conservative like yourself have said you're not voting for him.

If he can shake off the wingnuts who knows how well he might do. Unfortunately it looks like the nuts are cucking up to him just like I thought they would so...

You'll be back too I suspect.

Stick to the issue!

China seems to have "annexed" Canada to their mainland.  That's not a speculation!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Western politicians are so subservient and cowardly towards China that it takes a fascist to finally have the balls to stand up to them.

I see what you did there...but maybe a more generous way to carve up that pie is to say Trump thought "outside the box" ?