Poilievre overtakes Trudeau as leader seen as best choice for prime minister: poll

I don't put much faith in polls, but i thought this one was interesting as most center Conservatives, and members of the left where adamant PP was not the man for the job, it seems people are changing their minds... In Just 10 days Justin has slipped to second place now lagging behind PP. 

Justins liberals are facing a huge problem in today's numbers in many areas, a lot can change in the years to come before election, just curious on what liberals are thinking.

Poilievre overtakes Trudeau as leader seen as best choice for prime minister: poll (msn.com)

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 3

all leader of major partys get a bump once elected... however it's probably more of people being tired of trudeau cause  7 years  then PP  being viewed as the savior lol.. the guy can't handle pressure if he becomes pm   him crying the media is fake  when he screws up or someone in his  government screws up will atleast be entertaining i suppose

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PP has already started to drift to the center and, like most conservative leaders, will likely distance himself from the donkeys furthest on the right.  He has years to moderate his image and I've little faith that Justin will do anything intelligent/worthy in the interim.  

• Haha 1

Reality is a bitch is it not, politicians will do anything to get elected, including dropping the very people who got him this far... sliding to the towards the center is expected, his campaign team knows that if they want to get elected.

But 3 years is a long time, anything could happen, Justin could become popular once again, (knock on wood that does not become true)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Justin could become popular once again, (knock on wood that does not become true)

nah, bring it on

it's best that Trudeau rule indefinitely

Canadians deserve it

let them burn in a fire of their own making

it's the only thing which will change the culture

embrace the suck

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I think PP and JT are both idiots.

That's a thoughtful (and I mean it) comment on a system that never cared about anything but superficial, meaningless political distinction. We are not voting on issues, priorities, visions for the country. We are choosing tokens and faces, red one or blue one, want it it the opposite order, that would be all thank you. With no real checks or accountability, wouldn't that be the natural state that the system would produce and reproduce? And why wouldn't it?

22 hours ago, Moonbox said:

PP has already started to drift to the center and, like most conservative leaders, will likely distance himself from the donkeys furthest on the right.  He has years to moderate his image and I've little faith that Justin will do anything intelligent/worthy in the interim.  

he hasn't moved to the center at all yet lol..

We might have an early election!

WHY?  This is the best time for the NDP!

If you were Jagmeet Singh, and you know that the NDP is taking from the Liberals (and you're splitting the Liberals with the Conservatives)........wouldn't you take this opportunity to create an election?

If Singh waits longer, Trudeau might be able to recover - those disgusted with Trudeau right now might soften up again later on - and it'll be back between Conservatives vs Liberals.

Edited by betsy

52 minutes ago, betsy said:

We might have an early election!

WHY?  This is the best time for the NDP!

If you were Jagmeet Singh, and you know that the NDP is taking from the Liberals (and you're splitting the Liberals with the Conservatives)........wouldn't you take this opportunity to create an election?

If Singh waits longer, Trudeau might be able to recover - those disgusted with Trudeau right now might soften up again later on - and it'll be back between Conservatives vs Liberals.

I think you might be on to something there.  However, the outcome would be poor for both the Liberals and the NDP.  People are already very sick and tired of Singh's support of Trudeau, and are even more fed up with the current level of taxation and the economy in general.  People want more autonomy where their money is concerned.  It seems to be a universal shift toward conservatism.  Look, for instance, at the newest governments of Europe.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RollingtheBall said:

I think you might be on to something there.  However, the outcome would be poor for both the Liberals and the NDP.  People are already very sick and tired of Singh's support of Trudeau, and are even more fed up with the current level of taxation and the economy in general.  People want more autonomy where their money is concerned.  It seems to be a universal shift toward conservatism.  Look, for instance, at the newest governments of Europe.

Thus I think Singh will want to cut ties right away with the Liberals.  He's most likely to create another red-line demand  to give him that opportunity.  He's gunning for the progressives who are disillusioned with Trudeau.

Though NDP will not become the government,  I think Singh is hoping to regain what Layton had.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, betsy said:

Thus I think Singh will want to cut ties right away with the Liberals.

Though NDP will not become the government,  I think Singh is hoping to regain what Layton had.

Good post and insight . . . . but, I think this will be the demise of Jagmeet Singh, and the Federal NDP.  There's just no difference between the Liberals and Singh's party now, and many NDP voters are dealing with the consequences of the one-track policy (climate change) of Justin Trudeau . . . death of the petroleum industry, lack of investor confidence in Canada, food/fertilizer cut-backs, devalued $$, the list is long, and Jagmeet Singh is instrumental in the implementation of such.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1