Russian Army collapsing - the unsurprising failure of a police-state

Moonbox

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Ukraine was not being invaded when Zelinsky employed the Azovs.

Incorrect.  Once again you’re caught with your pants down and fact-free

In February-March 2014, Russia annexed Crimea outright, and invaded Donbas with irregular “militias”, Wagner mercenaries  and de-badged Russian regular troops. The Azov regiment was a resistance group that formed in the Donbas in May 2014 and was absorbed by the Ukrainian government in November 2014. 

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Incorrect.  Once again you’re caught with your pants down and fact-free

In February-March 2014, Russia annexed Crimea outright, and invaded Donbas with irregular “militias”, Wagner mercenaries  and de-badged Russian regular troops. The Azov regiment was a resistance group that formed in the Donbas in May 2014 and was absorbed by the Ukrainian government in November 2014. 

Crimea had a referendum, and did not move into the other regions until early this year.

Stop lying.

13 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Crimea had a referendum, and did not move into the other regions until early this year.

Stop lying.

A sham referendum.  You have to warp reality around you to believe that any of these referendums had even a shred of legitimacy, as few to none of the conditions for a fair vote existed.  That's why almost nobody acknowledged or accepted them globally.  On Russia's side, North Korea, Syria, Nicaragua, Sudan and a few nearby client states.  On the other side?  Everyone else.   

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Stop lying.

Hilarious for so many reasons :

1) An illegitimate sham referendum forced on the population by their conquerors AFTER military invasion doesn’t have any credibility 

2) Your new line of argument above doesn’t have ANYTHING to do with your original LIE that I busted where you falsely claimed that “Ukraine was not being invaded when Zelinsky employed the Azovs.”

You suck at this buddy

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Hilarious for so many reasons :

1) An illegitimate sham referendum forced on the population by their conquerors AFTER military invasion doesn’t have any credibility 

2) Your new line of argument above doesn’t have ANYTHING to do with your original LIE that I busted where you falsely claimed that “Ukraine was not being invaded when Zelinsky employed the Azovs.”

You suck at this buddy

Perhaps Beave. But I'm not the one cheering for more war and for Neo-Nazis.

So then again...perhaps not.

24 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Biden, NATO and MSM all quickly report that the missile likely didn’t come from Russians

LEFT BUTTON:  Biden, NATO and the MSM tell the truth!

RIGHT BUTTON: Russia fired the missile!

PUTIN SUPPORTERS:

image.thumb.jpeg.226d84b69907cb99aa5fd73708ee3718.jpeg

Are you 5 years old...by any chance?

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 11:21 AM, Moonbox said:

That everyone quickly realized was not a Russian missile attack, and life goes on.  ?

Speaking of Russian missile attacks, how about their latest offensive, eh?  Quite the feat, being that the Russian army collapsed long ago(according to you), eh?

Just now, sharkman said:

Speaking of Russian missile attacks, how about their latest offensive, eh?  Quite the feat, being that the Russian army collapsed long ago(according to you), eh?

Gosh what a surprise that you come in on Russia's side on this.  

What offensive are you referring to?  Last I checked, Russia hadn't done anything but lose territory since September.  ?

11 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Gosh what a surprise that you come in on Russia's side on this.  

What offensive are you referring to?  Last I checked, Russia hadn't done anything but lose territory since September.  ?

You haven’t heard?  Start here, Ukraine already responded with a missile attack, I guess they knew something you didn’t.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/jan/04/russia-ukraine-war-live-moscow-revises-makiivka-death-toll-to-89-zelenskiy-reiterates-warning-of-new-russian-offensive

2 minutes ago, sharkman said:

You haven’t heard?  Start here, Ukraine already responded with a missile attack, I guess they knew something you didn’t.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/jan/04/russia-ukraine-war-live-moscow-revises-makiivka-death-toll-to-89-zelenskiy-reiterates-warning-of-new-russian-offensive

What are you supposing this article says?  Just posting a link with no substantive commentary is a waste of everyone's time. 

Ukraine struck a military barracks and killed a bunch of soldiers.  This is what Russia should be doing if they actually want to win a war or go on the offensive, but they're stuck lobbing Iranian and South Korean garbage-tech into Ukrainian civilian infrastructure, because they're too incompetent and under-equipped to do anything else. 

• Thanks 1

Good comeback.  

The Russian army is a spent force.  They will not achieve anything further and the absolute best they'll do is cling to some of the territory they've already taken.  Digging trenches and fortifications along a static line and manning them with conscripts, while lobbing attacks at civilian targets is all Russia can do now.  

Keep watching.  ?

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Go ahead and cheer on Russia and Iran killing innocent civilians. That shows your true colours alright. 

But hey: Did you hear about the recent Ukrainian HIMARS attack that killed hundreds of Russian soldiers with just 4 rockets? The incompetent Russian army commanders figured that there’s no harm in having all their troops sleep together in a large group right next to an ammo dump that’s within range of enemy artillery.  Some people just have to learn the hard way. 

Edited by BeaverFever

10 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Whatever, get back to me when the Russian army actually succeeds

You are missing the point.  This thread is claiming the Russian army collapsed last September. All I am saying is they haven’t collapsed, and their recent attack on Ukraine demonstrates this.

Edit, and I’m not cheering them on.  I. Am. Simply. Stating.  They haven’t collapsed.

Edited by sharkman

6 minutes ago, sharkman said:

You are missing the point.  This thread is claiming the Russian army collapsed last September. All I am saying is they haven’t collapsed, and their recent attack on Ukraine demonstrates this.

Edit, and I’m not cheering them on.  I. Am. Simply. Stating.  They haven’t collapsed.

Considering that Russia is supposedly a global superpower and they’re getting their ass handed to them by a second-rate country that barely had any military to speak of at the time of invasion…..I would say the Russian army collapsed long before this invasion started and this conflict is just confirmation of that. 

Edited by BeaverFever

22 hours ago, sharkman said:

What attack?  

Sending scattered squads of 15-20 conscripts at a time to die in Bakhmut doesn't prove anything, other than how freely Putin will waste Russian lives.  Lobbing imported third-world weapons into Ukrainian cities doesn't accomplishing anything, other than pissing Ukrainians off and proving that Russia is not capable of hitting actual military targets.

Nobody said the Russian army collapsed last September.  I wrote that it was collapsing, and so far I've not seen any evidence to the contrary.  It might take a year or even longer before they finally lose, but the Russian military has been revealed as an incompetent and hollow force, and what's left has proven incapable of mounting further advances.  

Edited by Moonbox

• 5 months later...
On 10/22/2022 at 12:20 AM, BeaverFever said:

And let’s not forget that Russia is preparing to blow up the Nova Kakhovka dam in Ukraine, causing massive flooding. You know that if/when it happens, the Putin puppets will try to say Zelensky did it, so just putting it out there now. 

Quoted for truth!  The above post was Downvoted by Putin apologist @taxme but is now yet another accurate statement proven true despite the denials from the liars and propagandists on the right. When will Putin’s gullible “useful id1ots” face reality?

Thousands flee homes as collapse of dam is blamed on Russian forces

Thousands of people were forced to flee their homes and an ecological disaster was unleashed on southern Ukraine by the collapse of a major hydroelectric dam on the Dnipro River, which Kyiv said was blown up by Russia in a desperate attempt to ward off a Ukrainian counteroffensive.

Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, declared the destruction of the Nova Kakhovka dam as an act of terrorism by Russian occupying forces, which have had control of the dam and the adjacent town since last year’s full-scale invasion.

Aerial footage showed the dam missing a broad mid-section with the reservoir behind, which had been at record levels, pouring over it and roaring downstream. Towns along its path were inundated, complete houses could be seen floating away in the waters, while countless pets and wild animals scrambled to survive….

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/06/ukraine-accuses-russia-of-blowing-up-nova-kakhovka-dam-near-kherson

Edited by BeaverFever