Jump to content

The Folly of Ignoring Climate Change


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Hodad said:

You know, I continued to read the thread after I posted, and I now know exactly where you get this nonsense. 

You are clearly possessed by demons who have clouded your judgment and obscured from you the fact of your own possession. 

Case closed. 

It is very simple if you take the time to read and study it.   Scientists have found there are vast amounts of chains of information in a cell for instance.  The biological computer systems are huge and far superior to any computer man has built.  There is also more than one system in a cell.  There are a number of systems that use vast amounts of information that is stored in them to perform their functions.  All this information cannot exist by random chance processes.  That is where evolutionism falls flat.  Darwinism never took into account the information required and stored in a cell.  The only way that could happen is with an intelligent designer who placed the information in living cells and organisms and each species at the beginning.  It is ridiculous nonsense to just make the bald claim that it happened by accident.

 I get that you are just a blob of chemicals walking around and you came about by pure accident.  That means you have no purpose, no meaning, no soul, no spirit.  Your thinking is just a chemical reaction of random molecules interacting randomly.  That is wild.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Atheists believe man is like a god and can control the climate.   That is a sign of a very swollen ego.  Many atheist  environmental radicals and politicians have that.

It reminds me of the history in Genesis when man thought they were one and could build a tower to heaven.  God scattered man everywhere and caused them to have to speak many different languages.  Man thought he could play God.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It very simple if you take the time to read and study it.   Scientists have found there are vast amounts of chains of information in a cell for instance.  The biological computer system are huge and far superior to any computer man has built.  There is also more than one system in a cell.  There are a number of systems that use vast amounts of information that is stored in them to perform their functions.  All this information cannot exist by random chance processes.  That is where evolutionism falls flat.  Darwinism never took into account the information required and stored in a cell for example.  The only way that could happen is with an intelligent designer who placed the information in living cells and organisms and each species at the beginning.  It is ridiculous nonsense to just make the bald claim that it happened by accident.

 I get that you are just a blob of chemicals walking around and you came about by pure accident.  That means you have no purpose, no meaning, no soul, no spirit.  Your thinking is just a chemical reaction by change of random molecules interacting randomly.  That is wild.

My last post was mostly in jest, because you are arguing dogma against science as if the former has any explanatory value.

There is no such thing as "evolutionism." And the science of evolution does not claim the process to be random any more than erosion is random. It's a red flag that says you don't understand the basic premise of evolution, let alone the nuance.

Evolution is not random. Mutations are random. Evolution is directed by environmental realities and pressures. Humans didn't "come along" by pure accident, but rather by an untold number of accumulated accidents the success or failure of which were determined by the environment in which the mutation occurred. 

And no, no meaning or purpose were assigned to me by a wizard behind the curtain. Rather, those are things I have to discover on my own,  assign to myself and earn through accountability and action. Not very wild at all.

Edited by Hodad
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Atheists believe man is like a god and can control the climate.   That is a sign of a very swollen ego.  Many atheist  environmental radicals and politicians have that.

It reminds me of the history in Genesis when man thought they were one and could build a tower to heaven.  God scattered man everywhere and caused them to have to speak many different languages.  Man thought he could play God.

The swollen ego is looking back at the thousands (or more) mythologies that mankind has invented to explain a poorly understood world, and thinking that you, personally, have been blessed by being born into the one true faith. You have been told the right stories, but everyone else in human history outside of your sect has been told the wrong stories. Must be nice. No wonder you feel so comfortable ignoring science. 
 

Rather, it takes a great deal of humility to admit that there are many answers we don't have and aspire to someday understand more fully. 

"I don't know, yet" is always a greater and more honest answer than "goddidit."

 

 

Edited by Hodad
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Atheists believe man is like a god and can control the climate.   That is a sign of a very swollen ego.  Many atheist  environmental radicals and politicians have that.

It reminds me of the history in Genesis when man thought they were one and could build a tower to heaven.  God scattered man everywhere and caused them to have to speak many different languages.  Man thought he could play God.

 

Even an atheist has to admit that humankind are transitory on Earth just as any species. It's not a matter of if we go extinct as the top form of life...but when.

Edited by DogOnPorch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hodad said:

The swollen ego is looking back at the thousands (or more) mythologies that mankind has invented to explain a poorly understood world, and thinking that you, personally, have been blessed by being born into the one true faith. You have been told the right stories, but everyone else in human history outside of your sect has been told the wrong stories. Must be nice. No wonder you feel so comfortable ignoring science. 
 

Rather, it takes a great deal of humility to admit that there are many answers we don't have and aspire to someday understand more fully. 

"I don't know, yet" is always a greater and more honest answer than "goddidit."

 

 

You as just an accidental blob of chemicals or some kind or a cosmic accident naturally think only from a worldly secular point of view.  Everything must be secular or materialistic.  You are unable to take your blinders off and consider what the inspired prophets and apostles have told us.  Entirely understandable.  Such ignorance about the supernatural is common and no surprise.   Unfortunately for you, you appear to want to just reject any information of spiritual insight that God gives in the Bible and continue on in darkness. Such thinking could lead to damnation.  It is far wiser to err on the side of caution and at least read and consider the creation/supernatural side of things.  Why is that so difficult? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Even an atheist has to admit that humankind are transitory on Earth just as any species. It's not a matter of if we go extinct as the top form of life...but when.

According to the Bible, Jesus Christ will return and establish a thousand year millenium rule.  After that he will replace it all with a new heaven and a new earth.  Those that belong to him will reign with him forever.  Don't believe the Darwinist nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Hodad said:

No wonder you feel so comfortable ignoring science. 

Genuine empirical science and creationism by God work together.  It is only the atheistic false science with invented theories and self-centred man-made claims that conflict.  They conflict with real science.  Real science is empirical and operates on the scientific method of test and prove.  It is logical.  False science is a religious ignorance and just making up untenable theories which have no foundation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

According to the Bible, Jesus Christ will return and establish a thousand year millenium rule.  After that he will replace it all with a new heaven and a new earth.  Those that belong to him will reign with him forever.  Don't believe the Darwinist nonsense.

 

Yeah, yeah...I know the tale. I think Jesus's basic message of do unto others was one of the most revolutionary ever.

So are you one of those Christians who denies dinosaurs existed?

Stellar metallicity tells us that older metal poor stars had to live their lives and then die violently in order to create a metal rich star like ours. You can't make you or I without a supernova. Star stuff as Carl Sagan mused....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallicity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Hodad said:

The swollen ego is looking back at the thousands (or more) mythologies that mankind has invented to explain a poorly understood world, and thinking that you, personally, have been blessed by being born into the one true faith. You have been told the right stories, but everyone else in human history outside of your sect has been told the wrong stories. Must be nice. No wonder you feel so comfortable ignoring science. 
 

Rather, it takes a great deal of humility to admit that there are many answers we don't have and aspire to someday understand more fully. 

"I don't know, yet" is always a greater and more honest answer than "goddidit."

 

 

Natural selection and evolution are not the same thing.  This article explains why.  There is such a thing as natural selection, but it cannot be defined as Darwinian evolution.  Natural selection did not cause the molecules to man type of evolution claimed by evolutionists.  Basically natural selection does not add the kind of information that is required for a living cell to evolve to a higher species or different species.

You can read the article at:

Refuting Evolution chapter 2: Variation and natural selection versus evolution - creation.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Hodad said:

The swollen ego is looking back at the thousands (or more) mythologies that mankind has invented to explain a poorly understood world, and thinking that you, personally, have been blessed by being born into the one true faith. You have been told the right stories, but everyone else in human history outside of your sect has been told the wrong stories. Must be nice. No wonder you feel so comfortable ignoring science. 
 

Rather, it takes a great deal of humility to admit that there are many answers we don't have and aspire to someday understand more fully. 

"I don't know, yet" is always a greater and more honest answer than "goddidit."

Science isn't much better than religion nowadays, is it Hodad?

Is the Faucian orthodoxy, which censors, lies, backtracks and even redefines words to suit their fancy, that much better than the R Catholic orthodoxy that imprisoned Galileo?

Regardless of whether or not God/creation exists, religion Christianity has served a greater purpose, and formed the bedrock of a society where humans were able to grow into the inclusive and progressive society that we enjoy today.

When science is for the betterment of humanity I appreciate it, but as our society becomes more and more "Christianity-free" and more reliant upon the new left-wing ideologies & science, it is devolving into something far less than what it was. Senators didn't twerk upside-down when America was a more Christian place.

I don't ever wanna go back to where Iran is right now, but we need to get back to the middle ground, and shitting on religion is counterproductive for our society imo. 

Edited by WestCanMan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You as just an accidental blob of chemicals or some kind or a cosmic accident naturally think only from a worldly secular point of view.  Everything must be secular or materialistic.  You are unable to take your blinders off and consider what the inspired prophets and apostles have told us.  Entirely understandable.  Such ignorance about the supernatural is common and no surprise.   Unfortunately for you, you appear to want to just reject any information of spiritual insight that God gives in the Bible and continue on in darkness. Such thinking could lead to damnation.  It is far wiser to err on the side of caution and at least read and consider the creation/supernatural side of things.  Why is that so difficult? 

And Zeus may smite you with a lightning bolt if you keep up with this heresy about the Jesus chap. -- You have rejected every other religion except for your, but find it incomprehensible that I have one more on my list of useless mythologies. lol

 

ETA: Does the Zeus thing sound stupid when you read it, or do you consider it a real threat? I'm guessing it sounds stupid, and utterly unconvincing. The point of including it was to illustrate just how silly it is to toss your personal superstitions into any kind of scientific debate. It sounds just as stupid to people outside of your faith. It's question begging in the extreme.

Edited by Hodad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Yeah, yeah...I know the tale. I think Jesus's basic message of do unto others was one of the most revolutionary ever.

So are you one of those Christians who denies dinosaurs existed?

Stellar metallicity tells us that older metal poor stars had to live their lives and then die violently in order to create a metal rich star like ours. You can't make you or I without a supernova. Star stuff as Carl Sagan mused....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallicity

I believe dinosaurs existed but they were fairly recent.  I believe the earth and universe was created about six thousand years ago, maybe a little longer.  The thing is creation was a supernatural event.  So why try to rationalize it in secularist terms as atheists or Darwinists do?   The Bible says God created the earth and everything in it.  So it was obviously created with an apparent age built in.  Trees were created as trees, not as seeds.  Adam and Eve were created as a man and a woman, not as infants.  So this tells me everything was created with an age at the moment of creation.   There was no millions of years necessary.  With God nothing is impossible.  We have the written account of creation in six days.

I looked at your link and scanned through it.  I can't really comment other than to say the creation of the earth in the solar system is a unique, miraculous event.  It required an intelligent designer God to design and create such a complex and functioning system where life could thrive as it does.

The existence of earth with the physical laws giving us the planets rotating around the sun to give us the season is all clearly a miraculous or supernatural event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

I believe dinosaurs existed but they were fairly recent.  I believe the earth and universe was created about six thousand years ago, maybe a little longer.  The thing is creation was a supernatural event.  So why try to rationalize it in secularist terms as atheists or Darwinists do?   The Bible says God created the earth and everything in it.  So it was obviously created with an apparent age built in.  Trees were created as trees, not as seeds.  Adam and Eve were created as a man and a woman, not as infants.  So this tells me everything was created with an age at the moment of creation.   There was no millions of years necessary.  With God nothing is impossible.  We have the written account of creation in six days.

I looked at your link and scanned through it.  I can't really comment other than to say the creation of the earth in the solar system is a unique, miraculous event.  It required an intelligent designer God to design and create such a complex and functioning system where life could thrive as it does.

The existence of earth with the physical laws giving us the planets rotating around the sun to give us the season is all clearly a miraculous or supernatural event.

 

I can't resort to magic to get answers.

My rebuttal can only be that we can see stars further away than 6 thousand light years...a fraction of the distance between us and our own galactic core. We can see galaxies full of them all around...millions...billions of light years distant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Atheists believe man is like a god and can control the climate.   That is a sign of a very swollen ego.  Many atheist  environmental radicals and politicians have that.

It reminds me of the history in Genesis when man thought they were one and could build a tower to heaven.  God scattered man everywhere and caused them to have to speak many different languages.  Man thought he could play God.

You do not understand the lesson of Babel.  Building the tower was not the sin, it was thinking they could be with god that was the sin.  
 

We have built vastly bigger towers. We have flown to space. We have peered billions of light years into the past, and god stopped none of that. 
 

Scientists are not trying to change the weather, they are trying to preserve it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

So read about it if you want to, I don't care. It's bullshit.

Planting trees? Do you know what happens if you don't plant trees? Trees grow anyways. 

Show me where they planted a bunch of trees where none would have grown...

EVERY tree that is planted, is a tree that would not have grown otherwise, at least not as soon. Duh.

AKA, accelerated.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of Anthony Huber, generally? Do you think that he was a pretty solid guy, and someone you have a lot in common with? I just can't help but think you're probably as close to an Anthony Huber clone as one would find. 

IDK anything about him, except what I read in the article I posted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I believe dinosaurs existed but they were fairly recent.  I believe the earth and universe was created about six thousand years ago, maybe a little longer.  The thing is creation was a supernatural event.  So why try to rationalize it in secularist terms as atheists or Darwinists do?   The Bible says God created the earth and everything in it.  So it was obviously created with an apparent age built in.  Trees were created as trees, not as seeds.  Adam and Eve were created as a man and a woman, not as infants.  So this tells me everything was created with an age at the moment of creation.   There was no millions of years necessary.  With God nothing is impossible.  We have the written account of creation in six days.

I looked at your link and scanned through it.  I can't really comment other than to say the creation of the earth in the solar system is a unique, miraculous event.  It required an intelligent designer God to design and create such a complex and functioning system where life could thrive as it does.

The existence of earth with the physical laws giving us the planets rotating around the sun to give us the season is all clearly a miraculous or supernatural event.

It is easy to accept both Genesis and evolution. You ignore an important fact about the Bible: It was not written for modern man, it was written for very ancient man.  And if we take all we know of how science describes the creation of the world, and explain it to ancient man, we get a story like Genesis. So we can easily accept both together. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What does the mystery of creation (and I'll leave it at that because I don't subscribe to the "theory of God" or whatever and I find the big bang theory just as wanting) have to do with MM Global warming?

 

You'd think that the various cycles of stars in general...we have a lot of samples to study there...and our star in particular would figure big in all of this climate crisis narrative. But instead they rattle on about CO2 like it must be defeated. I noted no crisis this summer (rather nice, actually)...your experience may differ. Planted a few trees...take that mean ol' carbon dioxide.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Atheists believe man is like a god and can control the climate.   That is a sign of a very swollen ego.  Many atheist  environmental radicals and politicians have that.

It reminds me of the history in Genesis when man thought they were one and could build a tower to heaven.  God scattered man everywhere and caused them to have to speak many different languages.  Man thought he could play God.

Man CAN AFFECT climate. That has happened and continues to happen.

Cooling happened from particulate pollution, which was cleaned up with pollution controls.

Control is obviously much more difficult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Even an atheist has to admit that humankind are transitory on Earth just as any species. It's not a matter of if we go extinct as the top form of life...but when.

Or we could keep evolving instead of destroying ourselves by assuming INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM is more important than the good of the whole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Science isn't much better than religion nowadays, is it Hodad?

Is the Faucian orthodoxy, which censors, lies, backtracks and even redefines words to suit their fancy, that much better than the R Catholic orthodoxy that imprisoned Galileo?

Regardless of whether or not God/creation exists, religion Christianity has served a greater purpose, and formed the bedrock of a society where humans were able to grow into the inclusive and progressive society that we enjoy today.

When science is for the betterment of humanity I appreciate it, but as our society becomes more and more "Christianity-free" and more reliant upon the new left-wing ideologies & science, it is devolving into something far less than what it is. Senators didn't twerk upside-down when America was a more Christian place.

I don't ever wanna go back to where Iran is right now, but we need to get back to the middle ground, and shitting on religion is counterproductive for our society imo. 

Eh, I think trying to equate science to religion is a political statement more than anything born of reason. Nobody is killed or imprisoned by science for heterodoxy. They might be mocked, but that's about it. So yeah, significantly better. 

And while I don't find upside-down twerking particularly dignified, it might actually be the least of my worries when it comes to the behavior of legislators. 

What I do know is that the decline of religious influence over American life is correlated significantly with an increase in justice, fairness and equitable treatment. And there's a good case to be made that it's a causal relationship. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

You as just an accidental blob of chemicals or some kind or a cosmic accident naturally think only from a worldly secular point of view.  Everything must be secular or materialistic.  You are unable to take your blinders off and consider what the inspired prophets and apostles have told us.  Entirely understandable.  Such ignorance about the supernatural is common and no surprise.   Unfortunately for you, you appear to want to just reject any information of spiritual insight that God gives in the Bible and continue on in darkness. Such thinking could lead to damnation.  It is far wiser to err on the side of caution and at least read and consider the creation/supernatural side of things.  Why is that so difficult? 

Mysticism is entirely amorphous because it is solely a product of the human mind with NO CONCRETE FOUNDATION.

It is as permanent as the latest FAD. Proof is the HISTORY of MANY DIFFERENT precedents that have come AND GONE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Or we could keep evolving instead of destroying ourselves by assuming INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM is more important than the good of the whole.

 

As you know, the fossil evidence does not support that. Dinosaurs hold the record so far. Then possibly the trilobites. I'd have to check.

Individual freedom is essential for innovation. Even the Commies released their scientists from the gulags when they needed a rocket capable of putting a man into orbit or a nuclear armed bomber that could reach America.

Edited by DogOnPorch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,752
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Dorai
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • paradox34 went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Venandi earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • DUI_Offender went up a rank
      Proficient
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...