The Folly of Ignoring Climate Change

29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok but you didn't answer my question.  Do you think it's wise to pull out of it ?  Unilaterally ?  Pretty much every nation on earth has signed on... we should isolate ourselves ?

Well Michael, we can admit failure or pretend we are on course. If everyone knows, and they do, we are failing, what should we do?  Tax citizens more?  Or force industry to lessen output and stop with this carbon offset BS.

Asking me is nonsensical. I do not have a solution and no on else does either because we are not doing anything but creating a climate change industry.

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Not only are rare earth metals necessary in current alternative energy:

https://kleinmanenergy.upenn.edu/research/publications/rare-earth-elements-a-resource-constraint-of-the-energy-transition/

they may be even more influential in future advancements.

Ok, so I looked it up and they do use REM’s in these turbines. They also use a lot of copper, which we mine in Indiana. China has REM’s because they invested in developing their refining. The US can find supplies as well. I’m fact, Biden just signed an order setting aside $30 million  to research and secure domestic REM supply chains. It’s only a problem if we don’t deal with the problem.  

22 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Well Michael, we can admit failure or pretend we are on course. If everyone knows, and they do, we are failing, what should we do?  Tax citizens more?  Or force industry to lessen output and stop with this carbon offset BS.

Asking me is nonsensical. I do not have a solution and no on else does either because we are not doing anything but creating a climate change industry.

You mean a STOP climate change industry?

The climate change industry (fossil fuel production) has already existed for a LONG TIME.

The FACT IS, progress is being made, though slowly. Less than optimal results, is NOT "failing."

35 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You mean a STOP climate change industry?

The climate change industry (fossil fuel production) has already existed for a LONG TIME.

The FACT IS, progress is being made, though slowly. Less than optimal results, is NOT "failing."

I mean the Al Gore and others doing the same industry.

Inability to do as promised and signed up to do is failing.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

The goal is to develop more renewable sources of electricity generation, and to transition to electric cars.  There is no foreseeable future of zero carbon emission, nor do we need to achieve that.  Personally, I think wind is the best solution.  But Florida, California and other southern states can take more advantage of solar, which is probably more resilient to hurricanes, for instance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

1. Or force industry to lessen output and stop with this carbon offset BS.

1. Well I think it's kind of untenable to trash the approaches that took years to develop without offering an alternative, but then again you are right: it's not our job to come up with solutions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rebound said:

It does not matter whether climate change is happening, moving to alternative energy is happening. Do you think America will be better off if the leaders in alternative energy are China and Japan? 

Where does affordable energy fit into the equation? Reliability is important too and proponents of wind and solar don't bring this up too much.

The US has been doing pretty well with lowering emissions in the last number of years thanks in large part to the use of natural gas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Is the elephant in the room something about Muslims or Donald Trump?

I certainly hope not.  
My point is that regardless of your opinion about climate change, renewable energy is the future.  

Those who think EV’s aren’t the future need only look Market cap of Ford, GM and Tesla. The stock market certainly believes in EV’s

14 hours ago, Rebound said:

At its heart, climate change policy seeks to do one thing: [I edited out most of the bullshit, I just wanted to make fun of one part, below]

Al Gore made a very salient point about this when running for office:

Awesome quote from this link: "Gore blows more smoke from his private jet on just one trip from Martha's Vineyard to the family tobacco plantation in Tennessee, than I could with my car in 500 years."

Assholes like Trudeau, Gore, Kerry, etc think that they can fly around on private jets, "buy some carbon offsets", and then pontificate to us. 

Yay, you planted some trees at one of your mansions, you're saving the world!

The fact you just believe every. stupid. thing. that. these. clowns. say. amuses me to no end. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Awesome quote from this link: "Gore blows more smoke from his private jet on just one trip from Martha's Vineyard to the family tobacco plantation in Tennessee, than I could with my car in 500 years."

Assholes like Trudeau, Gore, Kerry, etc think that they can fly around on private jets, "buy some carbon offsets", and then pontificate to us. 

Yay, you planted some trees at one of your mansions, you're saving the world!

The fact you just believe every. stupid. thing. that. these. clowns. say. amuses me to no end. 

Al Gore doesn’t own a private jet.

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

Al Gore doesn’t own a private jet.

He just flies around on them. Does it matter who owns it?

Trudeau flies sycophant media around with him on a second jumbo jet just because there are no reporters on the ground in cities like Edm or Victoria who can bear true witness to his glory. Then he "buys carbon offsets". Ditto for his private trips on private jets. 

All your climate change leaders are assholes and the view never changes if you're not the lead dog. 

6 hours ago, herbie said:

Then what's the damn problem?

With climate change, you mean? Nothing. Climate's always changing. 

With human caused climate catastrophism however the problem with that is there's no reason to believe it can't be BS so how bad do you want to support the destruction of civilization and the enslavement of its population on the chance there might be something to it? 

Why? Which one are you pushing?

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Thanks 1

The False Prophets of Climate Change

JANE CLARK SCHARL

The unjustified moral panic over the Amazon fires is not unique. The last five decades are full of climate doomsday predictions that have been proven false. Some—like the 1970 proclamation that, by 2000, the world would be gripped in a new Ice Age—are exactly the opposite of current climate panics.

Of course, this information should not be used to say that we have no responsibility for the environment. Modern industry has introduced new environmental challenges that, as stewards of Creation, we have a responsibility to address, such as the horrifying levels of pollution in the Ganges River in India and the mountains of garbage in cities like Manila. But the last fifty years have shown with certainty that simply because climate change activists say that the end of the world is coming does not mean they are right. The facts show that the environment is much more resilient than we give it credit for being, and that worldwide climate systems tend to fluctuate around an average sustainable temperature.

For climate change activists, these facts simply don’t matter. What matters is that they see an impending climate disaster—a disaster which they believe justifies distorting the truth. This is exactly the same kind of prevarication Catholics must watch out for. Because many leaders in the Church—including the Holy Father—have come to believe that there is an impending climate disaster, we shouldn’t be surprised if we see doctrinal distortions as a result.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Consider, for example, the looming moral disaster of the Amazon synod. In the wake of Laudato Si and other doomsday declarations by Pope Francis, the synod appears poised to adopt such a laudatory tone towards the environment that it threatens to veer into neo-paganism, denigrate the special role of humanity in creation, and subvert the Church’s primary function of bringing souls to salvation.

The working document of the Amazon Synod implies that moral superiority is equivalent with living in harmony with the environment. For example, the document elevates the indigenous people of Guaviare as moral arbiters because of their closeness to the environment. Unfortunately, these peoples include tribes that participate in shamanism, which is often a form of demon worship. The document says nothing about entering into an evangelical conversation with these tribes. It may have (for instance) simultaneously encouraged them to worship Jesus Christ while inviting the rest of us to learn from their love of nature. Instead, it merely scolds Western Christian cultures while unequivocally lauding neo-pagan cultures.

A Catholic exorcist once related to me a conversation he had with a demon during an exorcism, in which the demon told him that the Satanic forces will use anything—even inherently good things like work, human love, and family—to distract a soul from God. “Anything but God,” the demon said. That has sobering implications for the contemporary conversation about the environment within the Catholic Church.

Today, that conversation is so dominated by fear that it is indeed distracting us from God. By insisting on an impending environmental collapse without acknowledging that the climate regularly fluctuates, Catholic environmentalists have cut themselves off from reasonable conversations about what proper stewardship of the environment looks like.  unquote

For rest of article:

The False Prophets of Climate Change (crisismagazine.com)

Modern doomsayers have been predicting climate and environmental disaster since the 1960s. They continue to do so today.

None of the apocalyptic predictions with due dates as of today have come true.

What follows is a collection of notably wild predictions from notable people in government and science.

More than merely spotlighting the failed predictions, this collection shows that the makers of failed apocalyptic predictions often are individuals holding respected positions in government and science.

While such predictions have been and continue to be enthusiastically reported by a media eager for sensational headlines, the failures are typically not revisited.

1967: ‘Dire famine by 1975.’   unquote

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions - Competitive Enterprise Institute (cei.org)

Greta.jpg

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Modern doomsayers have been predicting climate and environmental disaster since the 1960s.  Greta.jpg

It doesn't matter what doomsayers say, it matters what scientists say.  There was no accepted prediction of a coming ice age in the 70s... that's a falsehood and it cancels your arguments.

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It doesn't matter what doomsayers say, it matters what scientists say.  There was no accepted prediction of a coming ice age in the 70s... that's a falsehood and it cancels your arguments.

We would have no ozone layer and we may all be dead now if CFC’s had not been banned. 

• Like 1