Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.

French Patriot

52 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

I have a few qualifiers, like not being genocide, homophobic or misogynous.

Nice that immoral Christian people adore that prick.

I argue that they should rethink.

Regards

DL

I replied to this in the other thread but do not want to break the rules; I think it is "cross posting"; is the guideline I would be breaking??? Not sure here. 

But anyway yes those qualifiers would mean that person is not a good Christian in my belief system, and a terrible human being on top of that as well; and will I can and should pass judgment on the type of human being there are. It is not for me to judge their faith. 

Are they terrible examples of Christianity? yes.

Have they, in my belief, betrayed Jesus and tarnished Gods image with one of hatred and bigotry? Yes. 

It is my duty to speak out against such things and I do try to. 

But I do not get to tell people what their religion is or I am no better than the bigots.

This is much better articulated in the other post I feel.

15 minutes ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

But I do not get to tell people what their religion is or I am no better than the bigots.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is not correct evil religions.

All Christian and myriad of Abrahamic based cults and religions, including Islam, are slave holding ideologies, and have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions.

Both of our mainstream religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

The Theft of Our Values

Is religion an ideal barometer of Western values or merely an oppressor of them? The conclusions set forth in the documentary The Theft of Our Values...

topdocumentaryfilms.com

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Moral people will agree.

Regards
DL

27 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

So you agree, there are different types of Christians. Some good some bad. And we need to reach them by showing them that God is about love and to let go of the hate.

On 10/20/2022 at 1:42 PM, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

So you agree, there are different types of Christians. Some good some bad. And we need to reach them by showing them that God is about love and to let go of the hate.

Christianity tried lies from the time it changed from man over God Chrestianity, to God over man Christianity and delusional supernatural thinking.

Why would you suggest that God is love when the bible itself tells you that, like us, duality rules him/her thinking, just as it does ours.

If God does not rule over evil and hate, who does?

Whose name will you put above Gods?

Regards

DL

On 10/20/2022 at 5:07 PM, herbie said:

Just one of those who feels God is not a noun.

Definitely not an old white guy with a beard who decides if your pancakes rise or not in the morning.

It is a title or label given by a collective.

The only thing we can all know as a certainty about God, is that he is our own color and speaks our own language.

He also hates everyone we have been conditioned to hate.

Regards

DL

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 10:13 PM, French Patriot said:

Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.  

Governments create laws for us, and some think some Gods do as well. Most countries are following their secular government laws while ignoring religious laws.

I think religions, our tribes within tribes, are now redundant, and a costly moral and financial burden. Like it or not, the state is now our real Gods. We follow state laws.

I like that, given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods.

Those Gods like and use all kinds of evils against their powerless creations. They kill us with frivolous cause when they can just as easily cure, --- when they are not asking us to hate our LGBTQ children, --- and devalue the souls of women, --- just for the hell of it.

Nice that most states do not allow that evil to go too far within its borders. Governments should raise the bar of goodness for religions though. They are getting way too loony in the far Qanon riddled right wing.

Religions promote that we trust our governments as they are there by the will of God.

Religions then proceed to preach for laws that are well below the standards of good governance and what the states have put into place.

The states that allow this are not doing their duty of having the secular law preached by those tax exempt professional con men and liars who run the religion.

If religions are so corrupt to not recognize the better state ideology and law, they should not be allowed to preach it’s evil and inferior theology and laws.

Our children deserve better than what our God religions are giving them.

We pay them many hundreds of dollars yearly.

I am a religious person. My God is as real as all other Gods. He is redundant. That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers for a better set of laws and rules to live by.

I think all the other Gods are redundant, regardless of the vast amount of good they gave us in the past.

I think they have become harmful to our Western societies.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

You had me right up to that stupid "Far quanon riddled right wing." I actually believed there would be some intelligent discussion.

I'll give you the long and short of it:

ALL religion is based SOLELY on faith. Every religion tells you that right up front. Books like the Koran, the Bible, were written by alleged "inspired" individuals who have been dead for centuries. Some religions (like Islam) teach that if you aren't Muslim you should die. America was founded on a much more tolerant posture.

Either there is a God or there isn't. That means when you die you either go to Hell, Heaven, Purgatory (if you are a Catholic) or your body becomes a Golden Corral buffet for the worms. So far, there hasn't been any scientific data on that score.

I could easily claim all morality comes from the Ten Commandments. (The Jews base their path to Heaven solely on following God's commandments.) But the Bible contains a lot of other rules and regs. (Just like there is a Constitution in America, but every law office has hundreds of books containing appellate decisions, all of which ARE LAW.)

I don't treat atheists any differently than I do anyone else. I don't look at a person's religion or lack of it as a sign of intelligence. I'm more interested in a person's actions and actual views and conclusions, rather than symbols.

ALL children deserve (a) to be born, (b) TWO  parents.  A mom and a dad. They deserve support. Most state statutes look at child support as a legal entitlement.

As far as governments and the law legislating morality, I have serious problems with that. No one can agree on morality. (Hell, in this place we barely have people who can agree on the simplest macroeconomic concepts, much less morality.) Governments should exist ONLY to protect our rights and our safety.

Amen.

3 hours ago, reason10 said:

ALL religion is based SOLELY on faith.

Ask any in a religion that seeks knowledge and wisdom, --- and not some supernatural genocidal, homophobic and misogynous God, --- all intelligent religions, and you will have your eyes opened.

You do not even seem to know when a euphemism is used, and why, stupid.

Regards

DL

20 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Ask any in a religion that seeks knowledge and wisdom, --- and not some supernatural genocidal, homophobic and misogynous God, --- all intelligent religions, and you will have your eyes opened.

You do not even seem to know when a euphemism is used, and why, stupid.

Regards

DL

There is no such thing as a homophobe. That is a bullschit term created by cretins. It assumes one has a fear of homos.

Homos are nothing to fear. But one of YOUR presidents was raised Muslim, and gave favored nation status (as well as permission to develop nuclear weapons) to IRAN, which tosses homos off tall buildings. So far, there has been NOTHING in the history of Christianity that comes anywhere NEAR such harsh action.

If you're suggesting "far quanon right wing riddled" is a euphemism, you have a lot to learn. That phrase is more a LIE than anything else.

So what are "intelligent" religions in your eyes, if not Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Catholicism, etc?

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

There is no such thing as a homophobe. That is a bullschit term created by cretins. It assumes one has a fear of homos.

Homos are nothing to fear. But one of YOUR presidents was raised Muslim, and gave favored nation status (as well as permission to develop nuclear weapons) to IRAN, which tosses homos off tall buildings. So far, there has been NOTHING in the history of Christianity that comes anywhere NEAR such harsh action.

If you're suggesting "far quanon right wing riddled" is a euphemism, you have a lot to learn. That phrase is more a LIE than anything else.

So what are "intelligent" religions in your eyes, if not Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Catholicism, etc?

I am a Canadian, so not my President, but your critique is stupid.

You lie as good as most believers.

Regards

DL

• 2 months later...

I think your missing the point. Laws written and enforced by every society have their roots based on religious values. Each nation and culture has their own sets of laws to accommodate the beliefs of the majority of its citizens. Whether they be Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddist, Hindu etc. Every religion has their belief structure. It's meant to give hope. It's meant to paint a moral picture in order to solve some of their individual societal dilemmas. I have read and studied different religious books and teachings, not extensively by any means, but enough to get the gist. In my study, I have yet to read anywhere in any religious book where the devaluation of women is taught. Quite the contrary actually. In the ones I've studied, women are exalted and cherished. The role of woman, wife, and mother are considered holy for the most part and it's sinful and unforgivable for a husband or father to abuse his wife or daughter or sister. 

As far as LGBTQ+ rights and acceptance goes, no it's not acceptable in any faith as far as I know. But speaking as a happily married gay man, (22 years) that has raised a straight daughter and is raising a straight son, I can say that there alot of us in the gay and lesbian community that find this whole LGBTQ+ ideology reprehensible and I truly believe that gender identity and gender dysphoria is a psychological issue and should be treated as such. At least up until the young person has the capacity and ability to make an adult and informed decision for themselves. I fear that the whole LGBTQ+ ideology and the medical and educational community should be held accountable for destroying the lives of young children whose bodies and psyches have been prematurely and permanently destroyed. I fear that this whole movement is creating a permanently open door to the perverted appetites of pedophiles all in the disguise of tolerance and social acceptance. I digress.

No religion is perfect. No laws are either. Laws aren't written or meant to provide hope or answers to life's mysteries. Laws are meant to enforce justice and create order.

Religion on the other hand is meant to provide hope, to provide some kind of respect for the world through an ancient teaching or through a series of stories. Religion was never meant to cause harm. It was those that twisted and changed those teachings over hundreds of years for their benefit that caused all the religious dysfunction and brutality. It wasn't god that caused it. It was mankind. Always has been mankind!

6 hours ago, mrmtg said:

It was mankind. Always has been mankind!

Makes you wonder what kind of a hole God created such. Right?

6 hours ago, mrmtg said:

As far as LGBTQ+ rights and acceptance goes, no it's not acceptable in any faith as far as I know.

Let me further your education.

WHEN SAME-SEX MARRIAGE WAS A CHRISTIAN RITE1 (christianity-revealed.com)

Christians and Muslims did not always hate their gays.

Let's thank God for that as a gay guy won WWII for you and I.

Be grateful.

Pathetic thinkers will not thank the gay gene and nature for that man.

Right?

6 hours ago, mrmtg said:

Laws written and enforced by every society have their roots based on religious values.

Quite incorrect.

Apologies for that truth.

Look at the initial demographic pyramid of power for any tribe.

King at the top, the priest next, and then the well respected Temple Prostitute/Banker.

Regards

DL

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 8:13 PM, French Patriot said:

Governments create laws for us, and some think some Gods do as well. Most countries are following their secular government laws while ignoring religious laws.

I think religions, our tribes within tribes, are now redundant, and a costly moral and financial burden. Like it or not, the state is now our real Gods. We follow state laws.

I like that, given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods.

Those Gods like and use all kinds of evils against their powerless creations. They kill us with frivolous cause when they can just as easily cure, --- when they are not asking us to hate our LGBTQ children, --- and devalue the souls of women, --- just for the hell of it.

Nice that most states do not allow that evil to go too far within its borders. Governments should raise the bar of goodness for religions though. They are getting way too loony in the far Qanon riddled right wing.

Religions promote that we trust our governments as they are there by the will of God.

Religions then proceed to preach for laws that are well below the standards of good governance and what the states have put into place.

The states that allow this are not doing their duty of having the secular law preached by those tax exempt professional con men and liars who run the religion.

If religions are so corrupt to not recognize the better state ideology and law, they should not be allowed to preach it’s evil and inferior theology and laws.

Our children deserve better than what our God religions are giving them.

We pay them many hundreds of dollars yearly.

I am a religious person. My God is as real as all other Gods. He is redundant. That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers for a better set of laws and rules to live by.

I think all the other Gods are redundant, regardless of the vast amount of good they gave us in the past.

I think they have become harmful to our Western societies.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

Secularism is the absence of God. That means secularism is satanic, and nobody wants a piece of that action but the morally corrupt and devilish. 

It's better to focus on Christianity; or better yet, find Jesus Christ Himself and you will have already found Christianity. 

Best, 

Deluge

In my neck of the woods, the Pentecostals are the only Christian denomination with a future. I’d say their Sunday attendance numbers exceed the total of all the others combined, with a much better (younger) age profile as well. Lots of singing backed up by an excellent sound system, and great support for their congregation on the other six days of the week are two factors in their continuing success. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

On 2/22/2023 at 2:12 PM, Deluge said:

Secularism is the absence of God. That means secularism is satanic, and nobody wants a piece of that action but the morally corrupt and devilish. 

It's better to focus on Christianity; or better yet, find Jesus Christ Himself and you will have already found Christianity. 

Best, 

Deluge

Satanic in a way, but you forget that Satan is a bringer of light in Christianity.

You might have a point, but every time I bring up Jesus and his teachings Christians run away and will not debate on his morals.

Can you?

If so, what do these tell you on his dying for you?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards

DL

11 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

Satanic in a way, but you forget that Satan is a bringer of light in Christianity.

You might have a point, but every time I bring up Jesus and his teachings Christians run away and will not debate on his morals.

Can you?

If so, what do these tell you on his dying for you?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards

DL

Satan is the antithesis of Christ. That means he is darkness incarnate, and the bringer of zero light. 

This ground has already been covered. Bring up my original response and we will work from there. 

Best, 

Deluge

Edited by Deluge

8 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Satan is the antithesis of Christ. That means he is darkness incarnate, and the bringer of zero light. 

This ground has already been covered. Bring up my original response and we will work from there. 

Best, 

Deluge

While you ignore my full questions???

Yoiu think you are worth it!!!

Go away.

Regards

DL