Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.

French Patriot

Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.  

Governments create laws for us, and some think some Gods do as well. Most countries are following their secular government laws while ignoring religious laws.

I think religions, our tribes within tribes, are now redundant, and a costly moral and financial burden. Like it or not, the state is now our real Gods. We follow state laws.

I like that, given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods.

Those Gods like and use all kinds of evils against their powerless creations. They kill us with frivolous cause when they can just as easily cure, --- when they are not asking us to hate our LGBTQ children, --- and devalue the souls of women, --- just for the hell of it.

Nice that most states do not allow that evil to go too far within its borders. Governments should raise the bar of goodness for religions though. They are getting way too loony in the far Qanon riddled right wing.

Religions promote that we trust our governments as they are there by the will of God.

Religions then proceed to preach for laws that are well below the standards of good governance and what the states have put into place.

The states that allow this are not doing their duty of having the secular law preached by those tax exempt professional con men and liars who run the religion.

If religions are so corrupt to not recognize the better state ideology and law, they should not be allowed to preach it’s evil and inferior theology and laws.

Our children deserve better than what our God religions are giving them.

We pay them many hundreds of dollars yearly.

I am a religious person. My God is as real as all other Gods. He is redundant. That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers for a better set of laws and rules to live by.

I think all the other Gods are redundant, regardless of the vast amount of good they gave us in the past.

I think they have become harmful to our Western societies.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

If that were true we would see a decline of religion in the west.. which we actually are seeing. I think the problem is taking care of itself.

In terms of tax exemption, churches are essentially non-profit charities that send excess earnings to the central organization.  There's no billionaire making his money from the collection plate here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

If that were true we would see a decline of religion in the west.. which we actually are seeing. I think the problem is taking care of itself.

In terms of tax exemption, churches are essentially non-profit charities that send excess earnings to the central organization.  There's no billionaire making his money from the collection plate here.

Sounds like excuses to ignore the harm to our children.

I guess you never heard the, for evil to grow meme.

Regards

DL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Except that they are not open to public scrutiny and can spend much of their money on church things rather than on charitable works.  

Religions are theatres that are selling fantasy.

Now they are preaching homophobia and misogyny against the better thinking of the more moral.

What is our real cost?

Regards

DL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Now they are preaching homophobia and misogyny against the better thinking of the more moral.

Stereotyping is beneath you, saying all churches is like saying all left handed humans. It gets you in trouble and allows for counter arguments. I am a Christian, or at least I consider myself one. I prefer the new testament though especially since most of the old was getting us ready for Jesus.

Or at least that is my take. The God I pray too said love one another. Full stop. Not love one another unless...

The God I pray too said let he without sin cast the first stone. So I try not to judge my fellow human to harshly. My morals, and the ones I have tried to pass down to my children are of love and forgiveness. Someday I hope someone points out to the Jews, the Christians, the Muslims, and the Islamics that they are ALL praying to the same god. And that that God is a God of Love and forgiveness. You want to fix the world

L O V E. 

Love one another. 

Try it.

11 hours ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

The God I pray too said let he without sin cast the first stone. So I try not to judge my fellow human to harshly.

That was Jesus judging his people harshly.

I follow his ways while you do not. For evil to grow etc.

Your bible says to judge all things and hold to the good.

I condemn all who are homophobes and misogynists and who preach against the better equality laws of the land.

Regards

DL 

3 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

That was Jesus judging his people harshly.

I follow his ways while you do not. For evil to grow etc.

Your bible says to judge all things and hold to the good.

I condemn all who are homophobes and misogynists and who preach against the better equality laws of the land.

Regards

DL 

1. It is not for you to judge who is and is not a Christian. 

2. I do not care who your are attracted to love is love and since my God is a God of Love I do not see him condemning anyone for real love. 

3. What happens in your bedroom is your business, just as what happens in mine is mine. Unless we make it other peoples business. Federal government has as much business saying this is or is not a marriage as any one religion does. Well... I guess the Federal Government may have to define it a little, for tax purposes of course. NOT morality. 

4. You do not know me. And you obviously did not really read what I wrote, How you got that I am a homophobe or a misogynists  from what I said is beyond me. All I said is not all churches are that way. do not stereotype. Are most of them? Yup. But saying of all them are is just as horrible as saying all Catholics are pedo's. Or any not hetero is a sexual deviant, or you are stupid if you do not have a penis. 

(Personally I think a case could be made for the opposite of that but hey what do I know as a penis carrier.)

Try actually reading what people wrote to me Love is love I do not get to define it for you or anyone else. You tell me you are in love with X person over there, Who am I do DARE to tell you or anyone else otherwise. How dare anyone. 

Oh and study your bible better it was Jesus telling people that stoning someone was bad. 

[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
[5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
[8] And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
[9] And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
[10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
[11] She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

It was about forgiveness. He forgave her he forgave them. 

3 hours ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

1. It is not for you to judge who is and is not a Christian. 

2. I do not care who your are attracted to love is love and since my God is a God of Love I do not see him condemning anyone for real love. 

3. What happens in your bedroom is your business, just as what happens in mine is mine. Unless we make it other peoples business. Federal government has as much business saying this is or is not a marriage as any one religion does. Well... I guess the Federal Government may have to define it a little, for tax purposes of course. NOT morality. 

4. You do not know me. And you obviously did not really read what I wrote, How you got that I am a homophobe or a misogynists  from what I said is beyond me. All I said is not all churches are that way. do not stereotype. Are most of them? Yup. But saying of all them are is just as horrible as saying all Catholics are pedo's. Or any not hetero is a sexual deviant, or you are stupid if you do not have a penis. 

(Personally I think a case could be made for the opposite of that but hey what do I know as a penis carrier.)

Try actually reading what people wrote to me Love is love I do not get to define it for you or anyone else. You tell me you are in love with X person over there, Who am I do DARE to tell you or anyone else otherwise. How dare anyone. 

Oh and study your bible better it was Jesus telling people that stoning someone was bad. 

[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
[5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
[8] And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
[9] And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
[10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
[11] She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

It was about forgiveness. He forgave her he forgave them. 

I hear that God is love a lot.

Mostly from moral coward who hide behind that to hate without a just cause.

It is to the victims to forgive, not some fiction.

It is definitely my place to judge the religions that preach against the superior law of the land.

You judge them to be ok, while telling me I should not judge.

Good grief.

I judge by moral worth and the Christianity of today ain't moral.

Regards

DL

2 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

I hear that God is love a lot.

Mostly from moral coward who hide behind that to hate without a just cause.

It is to the victims to forgive, not some fiction.

It is definitely my place to judge the religions that preach against the superior law of the land.

You judge them to be ok, while telling me I should not judge.

Good grief.

I judge by moral worth and the Christianity of today ain't moral.

Regards

DL

Well to God is all about love. 

And where do you get this hate stuff from please point out to me what I have said that constitutes me hating someone.

Cann't really argue that one. But I do believe that rotten folks should also seeks God's forgiveness, it is not my place to give it to them. It is not my place to tell them to even seek it. I honestly do not agree with most Christians about a lot of thing because they want to take the moral high ground and  " say that God is love a lot." and are "Mostly from moral coward who hide behind that to hate without a just cause." To me if you are using Christianity to hate you are doing it wrong. 

And no I really do not judge them to be ok most religious people are douche nozzles and the worst possible example of that religion. 

Mainly because the good ones mind their on business and do not point the moral gun at people, and remember something more people should be taught.

"When pointing an accusing finger at someone take a good look at you hand and see how many are pointing back at you."

I am not perfect far from, I believe in tolerance, and love for my fellow man, woman, other. I believe that religion and love are personal to each individual, I believe that we cannot say all of any group is bad. No matter how much of said group sadly meets the stereotype or not. Are most Christians hiding behind the "Christian morals" to hate those that are different. Yes sadly. does this mean all over them are that way. No. My religious beliefs more closely align with Jed Barlett from the West Wing, with the added belief that I cannot tell you how to find God, Alla, Jehovah, Buddah, Thor, whatever deity you choose and works for you. All I can do is follow my beliefs not force my morals on someone and encourage you on your own spiritually journey. If that does not clear it up for how about this. My daughter is bisexual I still love her, I loved her before, I love her after, her telling me changed nothing about how I feel about her except I curb the jokes about grandkids. mostly because she said it bothers her. It was no hard ship for me to attend a pride event with her because she asked me too. And while it was my first that is more down to I am a very shy and private person, and was never invited to one by my friends that are not hetero because they felt the large crown would trigger me. It did, but I would crawl through glass for my kid.

11 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

That was your opening unqualified judgement, stupid.

I know a good Christian from an immoral Christian.

The shit ones discriminate without a just cause.

Prove me wrong.

Regards

DL

Well, so far you are the hate monger in my eyes you just called me stupid for disagreeing with you. 

And I really wish I could prove you wrong; here is what you don understand. We don't and shouldn't judge who is or is not a good Christian. We can have our ideal Christian, which to me and seems like you a person that has faith in the Christian God and believes in his message of tolerance and love. What I was saying is do not judge them as Christians. Because the people you a referring to in my mind are not. The West Wing in the episode Issac and Ishmeal explained this so much better than I could. But I will attempt to sum up. 

Please go watch the episode it is worth watching if for no other reason that to get a better summation than this.

Islamic is to Islamic Extremist as Christianity is to the KKK. 

Both are hate filled groups that use religion to justify horrendous crimes against humanity and hate filled rhetoric. 

Neither has anything to do with the religion that is being used as a pedestal  to hold their hate. 

That is what I was trying to convey, it is not for us to decide what is a good Christian or other, but we can judge what constitutes a good human being. 

I really really wish I could prove you wrong. I wish none of the religions of the world were used by hate groups to spread their message of inequality. Rather that they remember this little rule that is the corner stone of most every religion on the planet,  Treat others as you would be treated. 

That to me is the ultimate lesson in equality. 

Edited by Jedi_Master_Tallyn

You are really stupid, as well as quite immoral if you see tolerance and love in discriminating against people without a just cause.

8 minutes ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

And I really wish I could prove you wrong; here is what you don understand. We don't and shouldn't judge who is or is not a good Christian.

Listen, and learn, or the term I used above you.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

I test and see evil while you test and see good.

You cannot prove me wrong and are being an obtuse moral coward.

Regards

DL

6 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

You cannot prove me wrong and are being an obtuse moral coward.

No you stuck up self righteous religion bigot I can not prove you wrong there because you are right. 

And I if choose the see the good in humans that makes me an optimist not a morally bankrupt bigot. 

You still have yet to show me where I spewed hate speak while you have denounced anyone that prays to any God as a bigot dispute my saying they are not all like that. 

Take a long look in the mirror you hate over religion while most likely justified based on you life experiences make you no better than those you profess to hate. 

I am done with you goodbye. 

3 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Make your case on this lie, or go away, liar.

I already have an anal orifice and do not need a lying one like you around.

Regards

DL

I got upset and let that bleed over in to what I typed rather than stepping back and taking a breath to calm down. That is a me problem, but I still apologize for my hard words yesterday. 

The only way I can dispute everyone that believes in God is not a bigot is by not being one myself. By not teaching my kids to be bigots. I can not and will not pretend that their are not a LOT far to many in my opinion Christians like Mrs. Marsh from the Video game Life is Strange.

This saddens me.

The Christian God is about love in my beliefs, love without qualifiers or limits. 

I am sorry I added to the trauma caused you by Christians. 

I will try to be better.