Canadian Government must support the Women of Iran against the repressive Islamic Republic.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

I  If someone were proposing we join Iran, I would oppose that.

Iranian youth are fighting and sacrificing their lives for Iran now so that one day soon Iran will be the country that everyone loves to join and proud and prosperous to be a citizen. Iranians need to kick the imposed Islam in order to achieve greatness again.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 11/6/2022 at 7:12 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Did Christianity invaded Canada or Europe and force the religion? You cannot change the history and the facts of what happened.

Well maybe they give reasons to be hated.

Actually yes.  All wars back then were religious.

And when Canada was "invaded" the indigenous were basically forced into Christianity.

Edited by ExFlyer

53 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

i I think that you are rewriting the history. Your history. 

Really? 

Medieval wars were not all about religion?

When North America was invaded (as opposed to being "discovered") by Europeans the indigenous were not forced into Christianity? The church did not set up schools?

Please correct me with the facts.

Edited by ExFlyer

3 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

*Yawn*

So what about now?

How is the revolution going? It seems like the current thing is becoming a past thing, day after day becoming less relevant.

You are not likely following the news. As late as yesterday there were protests in Tehran and many cities.

https://www.cp24.com/world/iran-protests-rage-on-streets-as-officials-renew-threats-1.6147163

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

23 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are not likely following the news. As late as yesterday there were protests in Tehran and many cities.

I remember the Arab Spring in 2011.

Which country made advances in terms of Human Rights since the Arab Spring in 2011?

In Tunisia, the country made a reference by those who apply the wishful thinking you've interiorized, is now more Islamic than before the revolution.

In Egypt, it led to the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, replaced afterward by a proxy regime. Out there as well, the country islamicized itself even more.

In Syria, it led to the rise of the Islamic State.

I do not partake in your optimism which is based on our side of the propaganda. There are protests by Secularists, but they are a vocal minority in a country like Iran. There are counterprotests actually FOR the Islamic regime, which are supported by many in the military/police and of course... the regime. 

Not only that, but Iran can also trigger a war against an opponent in the region to adopt martial law. 

Nothing will come out of these protests. Iran is a country that is way too backward, way too intolerant of others, way too poor to become something else than it is right now; another variation of every Muslim dictatorship across the Globe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I remember the Arab Spring in 2011.

Which country made advances in terms of Human Rights since the Arab Spring in 2011?

In Tunisia, the country made a reference by those who apply the wishful thinking you've interiorized, is now more Islamic than before the revolution.

In Egypt, it led to the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, replaced afterward by a proxy regime. Out there as well, the country islamicized itself even more.

In Syria, it led to the rise of the Islamic State.

I do not partake in your optimism which is based on our side of the propaganda. There are protests by Secularists, but they are a vocal minority in a country like Iran. There are counterprotests actually FOR the Islamic regime, which are supported by many in the military/police and of course... the regime. 

Not only that, but Iran can also trigger a war against an opponent in the region to adopt martial law. 

Nothing will come out of these protests. Iran is a country that is way too backward, way too intolerant of others, way too poor to become something else than it is right now; another variation of every Muslim dictatorship across the Globe.

The post shows your total lack of knowledge about Iran. Iran society is much more advanced then the Arab countries you named. Iran is not an Arab country and Iran nation in particular Iranian women enjoyed total equality and freedom over 50 years during progressive Pahlavi dynasty before these subhuman Islamic clergy took over in 1979. Iran has a highly educated population with hundreds of universities and colleges and over 3 million students at any time. Iran has over 15 million university graduates. Its industries have progressed to export heavy weapons to Russia and other countries. 

Iranian population in particular women are fed up with backward forceful rules of a dying religion which was imposed by force in an Arab invasion 1400 years ago with sword. This advanced society especially the youth under 30 are highly connected to outside world and wish to live a free life free of a Satanic cult (Shia Islam). Those people taking part in pro-regime demonstrations are paid to do so and have no real faith. They are mostly those of basij and revolutionary guards and they will crack when they realize the regime is near the end as it appears to be now.

I am not optimistic about an immediate victory but hopeful. Victory to Iranians will definitely come but the question is when (in a few months or years or God forbid a few decades) and at what cost. How many more children and women have to be murdered by this Islamic regime until revolution succeeds?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The post shows your total lack of knowledge about Iran. Iran society is much more advanced then the Arab countries you named. Iran is not an Arab country and Iran nation in particular Iranian women enjoyed total equality and freedom over 50 years during progressive Pahlavi dynasty before these subhuman Islamic clergy took over in 1979. Iran has a highly educated population with hundreds of universities and colleges and over 3 million students at any time. Iran has over 15 million university graduates. Its industries have progressed to export heavy weapons to Russia and other countries. 

Iranian population in particular women are fed up with backward forceful rules of a dying religion which was imposed by force in an Arab invasion 1400 years ago with sword. This advanced society especially the youth under 30 are highly connected to outside world and wish to live a free life free of a Satanic cult (Shia Islam). Those people taking part in pro-regime demonstrations are paid to do so and have no real faith. They are mostly those of basij and revolutionary guards and they will crack when they realize the regime is near the end as it appears to be now.

I am not optimistic about an immediate victory but hopeful. Victory to Iranians will definitely come but the question is when (in a few months or years or God forbid a few decades) and at what cost. How many more children and women have to be murdered by this Islamic regime until revolution succeeds?

I never said the Iranians were Arabs anywhere in my post or saying they're all the same.

I made an analogy with the Arab Spring, where Democratic forces were supposedly fighting to instill freedom in Muslim countries of the Middle East, which led to ... nothing or that sort. As it does here in Iran, and so did protests back in 2009.

And talking about Arab countries like you do, it seems like you overlooked my acknowledgement of a country that was vastly advanced in terms of economics but also in terms of societal norms; Tunisia. The same can be said about their education and their freedoms they had before as you stated Iran had.

Another country resembling more to Iran demographically wise, Afghanistan, is another country which had great individual freedoms, but decades of misgoverning led to the population being totally in the grips of the Islamic Clergy. 

Not all Muslim countries are the same, and each has its own culture and flavour. But one thing is clear; Islam, being prevalent, leads to dysfunctional systems. I do not believe in Iran getting democratic or overthrowing their government for the best. 

If Tunisia and Afghanistan weren't enough, look at Turkey, a not-Arab country, another country which had many freedoms. It is totally falling from grace, because the Muslim government decides to apply what Muslims believe in.

And what Muslims believe in, is clearly not equality, freedom or peace.

For those reasons, I find your takes very optimistic, borderline child like. You have pure thoughts, very innocent, and want the better, I think. But this is not La La Land. We're talking about a tyrannic regime and a population that supported that regime for many decades. And also a country that may declare war for the worse.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iranian population in particular women are fed up with backward forceful rules of a dying religion which was imposed by force in an Arab invasion 1400 years ago with sword. 

I overlooked that sentence and have to answer to that specifically. Islam is far from a dying religion, very, very far from it. That's why many people in the West are partly scared of it, because it is actually growing, and growing fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I overlooked that sentence and have to answer to that specifically. Islam is far from a dying religion, very, very far from it. That's why many people in the West are partly scared of it, because it is actually growing, and growing fast.

I meant dying in Iran. After 44 years of tyrannical Islamic rule, the clergy dominated regime showed very well what Islam really is. Invasions, forcefulness, executions, murders, rapes, destruction of land, sea and rivers and lakes, pollution, economic disaster, discriminations, violations of rights, torture, jail and oppression. Iranian youth are now as we speak attacking Shia Islamic clergy on streets. These under 30 generation will be tomorrow's Iran.

https://www.iranintl.com/en/202211083679

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I never said the Iranians were Arabs anywhere in my post or saying they're all the same.

I made an analogy with the Arab Spring, where Democratic forces were supposedly fighting to instill freedom in Muslim countries of the Middle East, which led to ... nothing or that sort. As it does here in Iran, and so did protests back in 2009.

And talking about Arab countries like you do, it seems like you overlooked my acknowledgement of a country that was vastly advanced in terms of economics but also in terms of societal norms; Tunisia. The same can be said about their education and their freedoms they had before as you stated Iran had.

Another country resembling more to Iran demographically wise, Afghanistan, is another country which had great individual freedoms, but decades of misgoverning led to the population being totally in the grips of the Islamic Clergy. 

Not all Muslim countries are the same, and each has its own culture and flavour. But one thing is clear; Islam, being prevalent, leads to dysfunctional systems. I do not believe in Iran getting democratic or overthrowing their government for the best. 

If Tunisia and Afghanistan weren't enough, look at Turkey, a not-Arab country, another country which had many freedoms. It is totally falling from grace, because the Muslim government decides to apply what Muslims believe in.

And what Muslims believe in, is clearly not equality, freedom or peace.

For those reasons, I find your takes very optimistic, borderline child like. You have pure thoughts, very innocent, and want the better, I think. But this is not La La Land. We're talking about a tyrannic regime and a population that supported that regime for many decades. And also a country that may declare war for the worse.

None of those Arab countries have a 2500 years of glorious history like Persian empire which was pioneer in women's rights and human rights 2500 years ago.

You are very wrong about Afghanistan. It has a very uneducated backward population who are highly religious with no resources or industries. 

Turkey is nowhere close to islamic regime in Iran. 

Iran nation main slogan today is Woman Life Freedom. This is all opposite to Islam.

One very important factor that distinguishes Iran nation from all others. Iranians did a revolution in 1979 and in 40 years they learned from their mistakes a lot. This is their second revolution. They will not repeat those mistakes. The political elite and young generation is very aware of that.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1.None of those Arab countries have a 2500 years of glorious history like Persian empire which was pioneer in women's rights and human rights 2500 years ago.

2.You are very wrong about Afghanistan. It has a very uneducated backward population who are highly religious with no resources or industries. 

3.Turkey is nowhere close to islamic regime in Iran. 

4.Iran nation main slogan today is Woman Life Freedom. This is all opposite to Islam.

5.One very important factor that distinguishes Iran nation from all others. Iranians did a revolution in 1979 and in 40 years they learned from their mistakes a lot. This is their second revolution. They will not repeat those mistakes. The political elite and young generation is very aware of that.

1. Arab countries, you mean where the Babylonians were, where the religion of Judaism, Christianity and Islam came from? 

2. Afghanistan was secular and pretty liberal in some areas, like Iran was at some point.

This was 1970s Kabul at the University level, although not depicting the condition of women's livelyhood as a whole in Afghanistan, it is pretty telling.

sub-buzz-1533-1503430081-12.jpg?downsize

3. Turkey is becoming more and more Islamized after becoming secular with Ataturk.

4. The Iranian nation is not only one voice you hear in our press. It is also the voices of many Islamists living in Iran, sadly enough.

5. What did they learn, really?

I wonder what the reaction is from western feminists and Muslim women and girls - especially the Canadian born - to the bravery and determination of women in Iran to not wear these stupid things. 

I also wonder what the women of Iran feel towards western Muslims determined to don the headscarf they call oppressive. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I wonder what the reaction is from western feminists and Muslim women and girls - especially the Canadian born - to the bravery and determination of women in Iran to not wear these stupid things. 

I also wonder what the women of Iran feel towards western Muslims determined to don the headscarf they call oppressive. 

I really wonder as well what is the real take on the veil from Iranian women. I mean, yes there is really an oppression from society to make them wear the veil, but is it really forced or are the Iranian people more likely brainwashed by their families from the very beginning of their lives and not really against it in general?

And do these women agree with forcing other women wearing it? It think we shouldn't be surprised to see many Iranian women for enforcing the hijab to other women.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

13 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I really wonder as well what is the real take on the veil from Iranian women. I mean, yes there is really an oppression from society to make them wear the veil, but is it really forced or are the Iranian people more likely brainwashed by their families from the very beginning of their lives and not really against it in general?

And do these women agree with forcing other women wearing it? It think we shouldn't be surprised to see many Iranian women for enforcing the hijab to other women.

I am confused.

In Quebec there was outrage and protest because the government said they cannot wear the hijab.

In Iran, they are protesting that they have to wear it.

What are the women of Quebec protesting, for Iranian women to remove the hijab or for them to wear it?

25 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I am surprised at your post again. Veil is not forced by the society in Iran but by a bunch of backward subhuman Islamic clergy who has taken a nation of 85 million hostage and do whatever they want to this defenseless nation and now that this nation has risen up against these murderous clergy the West fall short of supporting them. The hijab is hated by many and a majority of the youth but Iran nation is just asking it to become a choice not mandatory, however, the nation do not compromise on Islamic Republic. This regime must got

15 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I am confused.

In Quebec there was outrage and protest because the government said they cannot wear the hijab.

In Iran, they are protesting that they have to wear it.

What are the women of Quebec protesting, for Iranian women to remove the hijab or for them to wear it?

The women of Quebec protesting!!!!!.????

Hijab is a choice. No one should be forced to wear anything. Progressive societies give a choice. That is what Iranian revolution is asking. Hijab must be a choice. Quebec government is as bad as Iran regime to ban hijab for those choose to wear it. The difference is that unlike islamic regime they don't beat up women who wear it to death and that is because Quebec government officials are not Islamic clergy.

18 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The women of Quebec protesting!!!!!.????

Hijab is a choice. No one should be forced to wear anything. Progressive societies give a choice. That is what Iranian revolution is asking. Hijab must be a choice. Quebec government is as bad as Iran regime to ban hijab for those choose to wear it. The difference is that unlike islamic regime they don't beat up women who wear it to death and that is because Quebec government officials are not Islamic clergy.

OK, refresh me. What is your complaint?

In Iran a woman passed away while in custody for not wearing a hijab?

In Quebec they protested (and everybody in the country agreed with the protest) because the government said they cannot wear it?

2 protests over headress. Yes, I realize a person died but the basic issue is the hajib.

Sounds like a religious issue in 2 different countries. One extreme in one direction, the other extreme in another direction.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

OK, refresh me. What is your complaint?

In Iran a woman passed away while in custody for not wearing a hijab?

In Quebec they protested (and everybody in the country agreed with the protest) because the government said they cannot wear it?

2 protests over headress. Yes, I realize a person died but the basic issue is the hajib.

Sounds like a religious issue in 2 different countries. One extreme in one direction, the other extreme in another direction.

My issue is that BOTH are wrong. What a woman wears is her choice not the bloody government.

Hijab is ONE of many issues Iran nation has with this bloodthirsty regime of mullahs. The nation of Iran HAS had enough with many years of corruption, executions, torture, rape, murder, oppression , destruction of the country among hundreds of other issues by this brutal regime . They have risen up and the world is watching and does nothing while every day children and women are being beaten to death or tortured in jails by bunch of terrorist mullahs who have taken a nation hostage. This is my problem that the world remains silent while many innocent lives are taken every day.

BREAK OFF RELATIONSHIPS, CLOSE EMBASSIES AND KICK OUT THEIR AMBASSADORS. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I am surprised at your post again. Veil is not forced by the society in Iran but by a bunch of backward subhuman Islamic clergy who has taken a nation of 85 million hostage and do whatever they want to this defenseless nation and now that this nation has risen up against these murderous clergy the West fall short of supporting them. The hijab is hated by many and a majority of the youth but Iran nation is just asking it to become a choice not mandatory, however, the nation do not compromise on Islamic Republic. This regime must got

It's not that easy. There are two Irans. The sophisticated, educated urban Iran doesn't like all the dumb religious requirements nor the brutality with which they are forced upon people The rural Iran, on the other hand, is deeply traditional and conservative and supports whatever the Mullahs say God wants of them.

11 hours ago, I am Groot said:

It's not that easy. There are two Irans. The sophisticated, educated urban Iran doesn't like all the dumb religious requirements nor the brutality with which they are forced upon people The rural Iran, on the other hand, is deeply traditional and conservative and supports whatever the Mullahs say God wants of them.

Not sure the division is simply based on urban and rural. There are religious people in Tehran even and secular in rural areas but percentagewise the religious ones are more in rural areas. That said it is important to note that religious does NOT mean supporter of the regime. Many don't believe the Islamic regime way of forced hijab, murder and torture is islamic but a disgrace to Islam. Those 15 to 20% of population supporting the regime are not necessarily religious but do so out of their self interest. Well paid Sepah and basij and guards and their families are behind the regime for self interest, few are religious. True religious people don't murder and rape their own people. Even Nazi Germany did not do what Islamic regime in Iran is doing.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Threatening a nation.

Islamic regime officials threatening the nation who have dare to rise up against the most brutal murderous regimes in recent memory empty handed armed with courage and determination. The head of Sepah, the head of army. the members of so called Parliament, they all threatened young women and men with executions and death but the latest comes from a subhuman clergy member of Parliament against tossing of turbans of hated clergy.

https://www.iranintl.com/en/202211100450

Islamis Shia clergy sons of the bit*h subhuman bastards.

• 2 weeks later...