Canadian Government must support the Women of Iran against the repressive Islamic Republic.

These bastards use barbaric tactics to force confessions including torture, rape and arresting family members and threatening the member with execution of her brothers and sisters, They use tactics not even used by Nazi Germany. 

Yesterday the mayor of Tehran threatened female protesters leading the anti-clergy revolution with rape in an islamic way in order to create fear among the protesters not to participate. This is a first time in recent memory a government official is acknowledging and encouraging rape in public.

Death and destruction to anyone or any barbaric religion which encourages torture and rape and murder as means to advance its cause,

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Sadly, about all we can do is protest and sanction.   The situation in Iran, Venezuela, Russia, China, NoKo, etc. exists because the citizens LET it develop and continue to exist.  The people of Iran are now doing exactly what they need to do to start the end of this regime.  Invading or even interfering would be wrong, as a country needs to have IT'S OWN belief, understanding and cohesive action to chart its own future.

9 hours ago, cannuck said:

Sadly, about all we can do is protest and sanction.   The situation in Iran, Venezuela, Russia, China, NoKo, etc. exists because the citizens LET it develop and continue to exist.  The people of Iran are now doing exactly what they need to do to start the end of this regime.  Invading or even interfering would be wrong, as a country needs to have IT'S OWN belief, understanding and cohesive action to chart its own future.

Yes invading is definitely wrong. You can't bomb people into democracy. Any nation no matter how pro western they may be when bombs falling on their heads will turn against the invaders, BUT the regime and its members must be sanctioned and more importantly negotiations with these murderous regime must ceased immediately (on nuclear deal or trade or any other way) and embassies of this murderous child killer regime must all closed and the ambassadors kicked out. They do not represent Iran or Iranians but a bunch of terrorists who have taken this nation hostage and have occupied their country. 

Do not shake hands with these mass murderers and child killers. Do not shake their hands and do not negotiate with them. By doing so you recognize them as a governing body representing Iranians. This is a betrayal to Iranians and your values. Close their embassies and kick out their ambassadors.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Some of that concern turned to joy as Rekabi returned to Iran in the early hours of Wednesday, with videos shared on social media showing cheering crowds waiting outside the capital’s Imam Khomeini International Airport, chanting the athlete’s name and hailing her as a “hero.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/10/19/iranian-climber-elnaz-rekabi-crowds-iran/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wp_world

I mean the reality is, and you mentioned this before, you can see the difference between Iranian and Saudi Arabian society. Can you imagine if a Saudi Arabian woman did this? Do you think that prince would allow crowds at the airport? 

OR, I am serious with this scenario: 

Maybe she works for the Islamic Guard. It won't be the first time that the secret police turn people into "heroes" to then -> calm the masses through this "heroes". 

Please do not compared Iran to Saudi Arabia. 

Iran has a 2500 history. Before the Arab invasion and forced imposition of Islam with sword it was a great civilization in which human rights and women's rights were well respected. Saudi Arabia has a population in which many have pockets full of money but no brains in heads. Where women have no rights and don't ask for rights either. Iranian women are the bravest and demanding rights equal to those in the West and also Iran has a highly educated and advanced population compare to Saudi Arabia, Iran had a brief democracy first ever in the region and likely Asia in 1953 before an unholy CIA British alliance destroyed it. Iranians are very aware politically too.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 10/19/2022 at 5:32 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Please do not compared Iran to Saudi Arabia. 

Iran has a 2500 history. Before the Arab invasion and forced imposition of Islam with sword it was a great civilization in which human rights and women's rights were well respected. Saudi Arabia has a population in which many have pockets full of money but no brains in heads. Where women have no rights and don't ask for rights either. Iranian women are the bravest and demanding rights equal to those in the West and also Iran has a highly educated and advanced population compare to Saudi Arabia, Iran had a brief democracy first ever in the region and likely Asia in 1953 before an unholy CIA British alliance destroyed it. Iranians are very aware politically too.

You certainly don't seem to know much at all about KSA.   If you have been there, you clearly did not learn much about the country or its people.

16 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

So, how are the protests going so far now?

Bigger or smaller than 2009?

It is totally different to 2009. in 2009 it was only Tehran but a larger over a million crowd. But now there are much smaller gathering of tens of hundreds but ALL over Iran in hundreds of places. In many places in Tehran and many large and small towns and cities and it is a sustained protest not just one day. The regime has been hence unable to suppress in spite of using overwhelming brutality.

This time the uprising is led by women and those who take part are very young people even school girls and boys but also universities and ordinary people mostly under 25 years. There is a very strong solidarity between ALL Iranians regardless of race, religion, class , political  belief and gender. Even Iranians abroad have joined this time. There is also serious pressure from Europe and Canada and US to Iran regime after videos taken by the nation got abroad (they shut down the internet completely to prevent this but failed as they were smuggled out) showing the brutality of this bloodthirsty regime against children and women. 

Also this time the nation wants the complete and total removal of this Islamic republic. In 2009 it was about a rigged presidential election but they did not wish the end to Islamic republic. The nation has realized that they cannot deal with the devil. I hope the West realize this too and end negotiation with this satanic republic and kick out their ambassadors. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

Though I would love to see the Iranian regime fall and never understood why we made enemies out of the Persians, you cheapen your arguments calling it a "satanic republic".  That sort of ubiquitous hyperbole signals that you're not to be taken seriously, even if you otherwise have intelligent things to say.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Though I would love to see the Iranian regime fall and never understood why we made enemies out of the Persians, you cheapen your arguments calling it a "satanic republic".  That sort of ubiquitous hyperbole signals that you're not to be taken seriously, even if you otherwise have intelligent things to say.  

In Persian culture there are two Gods. Ahura Mazda or creator of love and peace and prosperity and Ahriman or God of evil. In Western culture they are known as God and Satan. Persians believe all the evil things like disease, earthquakes, corruptions, suppressions, poverty, war etc. coming from Ahriman or Satan in western culture. 

Actions by this regime apart from mass execution of opponents and mass murder of street protesters and rape of virgins before executions and mass corruptions and complete destruction of the country and support of terrorism in the world and other evil actions recently has extended to beating of school children causing deaths and attacking universities students and using live bullets to murder peaceful demonstrators and women who were only asking for their basic rights. If these actions are not by a satanic regime I don't know what else you can call it. Quite frankly I have no idea why you have issues with calling this regime what it is, a satanic republic judged by its actions.

I should also add this satanic regime imposed on Iran is not only killing defenseless women and children in Iran but also has sent over 3000 drones to Russia's Putin and Putin is using these Iran regime made drones to kill defenseless women and children in Ukraine and has killed many already. They also sent revolutionary guards in the past to help murderous regime of Assad to kill women and children in Syria.

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

In Persian culture there are two Gods. Ahura Mazda or creator of love and peace and prosperity and Ahriman or God of evil. In Western culture they are known as God and Satan. Persians believe all the evil things like disease, earthquakes, corruptions, suppressions, poverty, war etc. coming from Ahriman or Satan in western culture. 

I'm not sure how many actual Persians you know (maybe you're Persian - I dunno), but what you're describing is Zoroastrianism, which is close to a dead faith with fewer than 200,000 adherents globally.  Most Iranians (or Persians for that matter) do not follow it.  This is only a secondary point, however, because the main thing you need to understand is that you can't just tell everyone what "Persians" believe or don't believe as a sweeping generalization.  

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Quite frankly I have no idea why you have issues with calling this regime what it is, a satanic republic judged by its actions.

It's an intellectually meaningless term - a lazy and ubiquitous cliché that people carelessly throw around to describe the bad people that they don't like or don't agree with.  Some of those people may indeed be quite bad, but then describe their actions and misdeeds and let those speak for themselves rather than go with emotionally charged hysterics that reasonable people will conclude come from an unreasonable person.  

For the record, I'm 100% against the Iranian regime (and frankly most in the Middle East for that matter), but call them what they are:  fundamentalist dictatorships with little/no respect for human rights or life.  

Edited by Moonbox

9 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What or where is KSA?

I can assure you I know a lot more about Iran and its history and culture than you think.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.  I have spent a fair bit of time there and have very close friends.  Also have very good Iranian friends and certainly agree with what you have to say about the situation in Iran.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I'm not sure how many actual Persians you know (maybe you're Persian - I dunno), but what you're describing is Zoroastrianism, which is close to a dead faith with fewer than 200,000 adherents globally.  Most Iranians (or Persians for that matter) do not follow it.  This is only a secondary point, however, because the main thing you need to understand is that you can't just tell everyone what "Persians" believe or don't believe as a sweeping generalization.  

It's an intellectually meaningless term - a lazy and ubiquitous cliché that people carelessly throw around to describe the bad people that they don't like or don't agree with.  Some of those people may indeed be quite bad, but then describe their actions and misdeeds and let those speak for themselves rather than go with emotionally charged hysterics that reasonable people will conclude come from an unreasonable person.  

For the record, I'm 100% against the Iranian regime (and frankly most in the Middle East for that matter), but call them what they are:  fundamentalist dictatorships with little/no respect for human rights or life.  

I can assure you that I know a lot more Persians than anyone else active on this board.

Persian culture is not limited to Zoroastrianism. Those following Persian culture (for example celebrating Noruz on March 21 which is widely celebrated and the Yalda, Mehregan and Chaharshanbeh Suri overcoming light over darkness in Iran and outside are overwhelming majority of the population. Many Muslim Iranians do believe in good and evil as well and all celebrate specifically Persian celebrations mentioned above..

The second part I have no comment as it is entirely your opinion.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

4 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I can assure you that I know a lot more Persians than anyone else active on this board.

Maybe you do, maybe you don't, but you still can't speak for what they all believe.  

Many Muslim Iranians do believe in good and evil as well and all celebrate specifically Persian celebrations mentioned above..

There are billions of people in the world who believe in good and evil.  

The second part I have no comment as it is entirely your opinion.

Sure.  My opinion is that you're making charged emotional appeals and cheapening what could otherwise be a much better argument.  It's the same thing as the conspiracy nuts talking about satanic pedophile cults, or calling people Nazis etc.  Go ahead and keep doing it if you want, but charging your language with hysterical hyperbole just makes you look unreasonable, and that part is not an opinion.  

8 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Maybe you do, maybe you don't, but you still can't speak for what they all believe.  

There are billions of people in the world who believe in good and evil.  

Sure.  My opinion is that you're making charged emotional appeals and cheapening what could otherwise be a much better argument.  It's the same thing as the conspiracy nuts talking about satanic pedophile cults, or calling people Nazis etc.  Go ahead and keep doing it if you want, but charging your language with hysterical hyperbole just makes you look unreasonable, and that part is not an opinion.  

I am not the enemy. The Islamic Republic is. 

21 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I'm not sure how many actual Persians you know (maybe you're Persian - I dunno), but what you're describing is Zoroastrianism, which is close to a dead faith with fewer than 200,000 adherents globally.  Most Iranians (or Persians for that matter) do not follow it. 

In fact the main slogan in this women led revolution  sang by the nation in the streets of Iran which is 

WOMEN LIFE FREEDOM

is coming from the ancient Persian culture before the Arab invasion and forceful imposition of Islam by sword. Persian culture considered women as the source of life and their freedom as a symbol for a free society. We had Female Kings running the Persian empire 1500 years ago.

The bizarre and sad thing is that women often had more rights in classical times than they do today in many places.   Whether that's Persian women or Roman women (the two great empires of this hemisphere at the time), women had more freedom and self-determination that they did under the theocratic dogma of Ibrahamic faiths. 

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

The story of Iran is much more complicated as a outside observer.

Savak type of speech does not sell in the Democratic West. 

Iran has to be conquered by reason.

The return of the old days, strongman Shah won't work for this new generation in my view.

I think you have misunderstood the whole revolution. No one is suggesting that. Even the son of former Shah has clearly indicated that he is not interested in power.

People are out there risking their lives shouting Women, Life Freedom. All they ask is for dictatorship to be removed and replaced by democracy so that the nation can freely decide for themselves on the form of the future government, not a bunch of corrupt aging murderous mullahs.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

I am disappointed that as we speak children and women are being beaten to death or shot by live bullets by Islamic republic regime for simply asking their basic rights and there are a few people here who are focusing their energy on how I express the regime here!!!!!!!!! instead of spending that time on me maybe write to their MPs demanding  more actions against the regime (Like adding the entire IRGC on terror list or our government putting pressure on allies to expel Islamic regime diplomats. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Iranians outside Iran rose up yesterday all over the world demanding the West to break up with islamic republic.

https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2022/10/23/protests-in-berlin-us-cities-in-solidarity-with-iranian-women

Hundreds of thousands of Iranians outside Iran demanded an end to islamic republic and an end for Western support for this murderous regime.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

21 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Iranians outside Iran rose up yesterday all over the world demanding the West to break up with islamic republic

Hundreds of thousands of Iranians outside Iran demanded an end to islamic republic and an end for Western support for this murderous regime.

It hurts me to have to say this, but:  Iranians allowed this situation to develop without much resistance, or they just ran away and hid in another country.   To ask the West to come in and risk being tagged with a hundred claims of interference, imperialism, etc. would not likely go down well with voters over here.

I had asked my Iranian friends about this many years ago.   They explained that there was (and IS) a significant portion of the population that remained relatively uneducated and in support of the Imams.   Not sure what the situation on the ground is now.

Edited by cannuck

The regime of islamic republic attacks school girls again

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/24/iranian-security-forces-fire-teargas-as-girls-clash-with-staff-at-tehran-school

Last week in the city of Ardabil they kill a teenage school girl by beating her to death as well as beating and arresting many others because they refused to take part in forced pro government rally.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/oct/18/iranian-schoolgirl-beaten-to-death-for-refusing-to-sing-pro-regime-anthem

It is loud and clear. Iran nation want this murderous islamic regime to be uprooted and they are dying every day so that the world hear their suppressed voices.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015