Canadian Government must support the Women of Iran against the repressive Islamic Republic.

19 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The Republicans and Democrats fight a proxy war through Iran and the Saudis.  I guess the Saudis get more of a pass because of oil.  Sad but that’s how power gets brokered in the Middle East: Israel gets arms.  Saudi Arabia gets military protection and a U.S. base in exchange for predictable oil supply.  Iran is hemmed in by the Sunnis, well, sort of.  Obama propped up a Shia minority government in Iraq.   So much mess we can’t keep track.

The victims are the regular citizens just trying to get by and take care of their families.  Canada did close the embassy after the murder of that dual Canadian citizen journalist.  Sad to think what a shadow Iran is of the once great Persian empire.  That theocracy demonstrates the importance of separating church and state.  

Harper closed the their damned embassy 10 years ago long after Zahra Kazemi's murder by Iran regime.

Iran will restore it Persian Empire and soon.  The Empire was a great civilization which brought the very first Charter of human rights in history nd saved Jews from Egyptian slavery.

The young Iranians have risen to save their and from 1400 of darkness and tyranny started by damn Arabs who invaded  land of Persia and imposed their religion with the force of sword upon this nation. The youth of this nation will bury it in the garbage bag of history for good.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

4 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Deputy Conservative leader calls for Regime change in Iran.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservatives-iran-regime-change-1.6599825

Canada must refuse visa to the members of the regime who are fleeing to Iran to escape justice.

Deputy Conservative leader calls for Regime change in Iran...... Ha Ha Ha,the deputy Ha. not even the leader. And really, they do not speak on behalf of Canada. LOL

On 9/26/2022 at 7:25 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The young Iranians have risen to save their and from 1400 of darkness and tyranny started by damn Arabs who invaded  land of Persia and imposed their religion with the force of sword upon this nation. The youth of this nation will bury it in the garbage bag of history for good.

I've argued for a long time that I don't really understand why Iran was made an enemy of the West.  Back in the 70's it was modernizing and secularizing, but the CIA reinstalled the Shah aaaaand ushered in ~50 years of fundamentalism with their interference.  Let's hope that something comes of this protest.  It seems different this time.  Hopefully the USA can keep their noses out of it though.  

38 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I've argued for a long time that I don't really understand why Iran was made an enemy of the West. 

The usual suspects, fear of commies.  One president said forget it when the CIA first suggested over-throwing the first democracy in the region and then another president said sure why not.

The US government is one of the most unstable on the planet really, you never know when it will be triggered but you can count on the fear of commies to trigger it.

In any case it was probably the democracy that made the CIA initially crap its pants.

This has an "Arab Spring" level of seriousness to it. 

I think that the recent whippings and jailings of anti-hijab activists spiked a serious level of anger about the level of oppression of women in Iran, but didn't galvanize the populace enough to demand change at the risk of government reprisals. The country was a bit of a powderkeg, and this event was serious enough to set it off. 

The people of Iran are choosing the lives of young women on this issue, and I think that it will be the gov't that has to back down soon or they're risking everything:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-protests-death-toll-continues-climb-reporter-who-first-highlighted-aminis-death-arrested

Iranian security forces over the weekend arrested the journalist who first reported on Mahsa Amini’s death as protests in the country continue for almost two weeks. 

Some reports have claimed that the protests have spread to 156 cities, with 240 people dead and over 12,000 arrested, though Fox News Digital was unable to verify those numbers. Other sources have said at least 76 people have died and over 1,200 arrested

The goal of the protesters:

The protesters have demanded an end to the strict sharia laws that the morality police enforce, as well as other violations of women’s rights in the country. 

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi has warned protesters that his regime will act "decisively" to end the violence as people in the streets demand his removal – or, in some cases, his death. 

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/1125270201/iran-foreign-minister-protests

Her death struck a nerve, with protests spreading to dozens of Iranian cities and gaining world attention through social media despite severe limitations on the internet. Some marchers chanted "Death to the dictator," a slogan against Iran's clerical rule,

One of my wife's best friends in Jordanian, she knows a lot of Iranians. When we see her this weekend I'll find out what Iranian-Canadians are saying. How mad everyone is and how serious they are about regime change. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservatives-iran-regime-change-1.6599825

Conservative deputy leader says party supports calls for regime change in Iran

https://tnc.news/2022/09/23/trudeau-iran/

“Canada strongly supports people who are expressing themselves and protesting peacefully in Iran. We are calling on the Iranian regime to end its repression of freedom of expression – and to end the ongoing harassment of, and discrimination against, women,” tweeted Trudeau.

Canada to sanction Iran's 'so-called morality police,' Trudeau says

The above was from: https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/canada-to-sanction-iran-s-so-called-morality-police-trudeau-says-1.6084837

I'll set aside partisan politics for a second here:

1) Trudeau is taking action in concrete terms, and I hope it's effective. Sanctions usually have more of a negative effect on citizens than gov'ts, but it's a definite blow to the regime when other countries stand against them like this. I'll give him full marks.

2)The conservatives are going further than the Libs, in outright support of regime change, but opposition parties can get away with more blahblahblah than an actual gov't can. Opposition members can promise the moon and they still don't actually have to actually do anything.

IMO it would be an overstep for Trudeau to be an outspoken advocate for regime change like our PC Deputy leader did, I don't think it's good politics. It's kinda like when your friend breaks up with his girlfriend: you wanna wait a bit before you go on at length about how much of a whore she is, because it will be really awkward if they get back together.

Edge, Libs. ?

On 9/24/2022 at 12:02 AM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

WTF is your problem?. Read the post you are quoting. I said IF. How the hell could I have known he has been saving Canadians? We don't have member Wikipedia here!!!!! My apology to ExFlyer, but I have been very upset about the event and you seem to be saying it is not my business.

The Thread  was addressed to Canadian Government not you to condemn the cowardly actions of a terrorist government who as we speak is murdering its own people.

I repeat not caring about murderous actions outside your borders saying it is their own business is cowardly for the same reason that if you see a woman is being beaten to death and you turn the other way is cowardly. The former did not happen in your backyard but 10000 miles away. They arrested a 22 year old woman for improper hijab, beat her to death and then when other people came out to protest then they are killing them too. If you look the other way and say it is not your business then you are a coward no matter how many times you jumped out of plane in your life.

WTF is my problem, do you really think Canada has the political clout to make a difference in Iran. What did we learn from Afghanistan anything? Exflyers exploits are splashed all over this forum, no Wikipedia needed. And i get it your upset, but I'm pretty sure if you were having a conversation face to face calling out someone for being a coward might not have the ending you were hoping for. 

Here is my problem this country cry's over ever nation that treats its citizens very badly, they scream, jump up and down until it gets to the point that its government decides to listen and send in the troops. They line the roadways cheering them on as they board planes for the next conflict, 4 years into it, they have grown tired of that war, and the men and women that sacrificed everything to serve its country, Ukraine ring a bell... it's popular right now, but when it costs serious money Canadians will lose interest very quickly.  

Middle eastern countries have been treating people this way for hundreds of years and you're just getting your voice now?

RCMP arrest an indigenous man in mid-winter for being drunk drove him out of town in a blizzard and left him on the side of the road with no jacket, he was later found frozen to death...nobody gave a shit... 

Write a few letters, shit write a thousand and if it makes you feel better, will it not make one bit of difference " nope". But to call someone cowardly for looking the other way, that's full of shit, writing a few letters not getting involved or going to lead to a solution. It is a waste of bandwidth.

• Like 1

In Toronto alone over 50 thousand demonstrators gathered to protest Mahsa Amini's murder by Islamic Republic

https://globalnews.ca/news/9169782/richmond-hill-iran-protest/

And in Vancouver

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/iran-human-chain-vancouver-demonstration

And in Montreal

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/thousands-in-montreal-rally-in-solidarity-with-protesters-in-iran-1.6603249

Hundreds of thousands also demonstrated in 150 other European, North American and Australian cities.

In Iran in over 50 towns and cities hundreds of thousands of protesters clashed with murderous mercenaries of Islamic Republic.

https://www.criticalthreats.org/analysis/iran-crisis-update-october-1

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/students-rally-iran-protests-enter-third-week-2022-10-01/

This fascist terrorist islamic republic is being buried in the garbage bag of the history by its brave young women and men. Women are leading this revolution. Down with islamic republic and death to its murderous islamic leaders.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 9/30/2022 at 9:22 PM, Army Guy said:

Middle eastern countries have been treating people this way for hundreds of years and you're just getting your voice now?

RCMP arrest an indigenous man in mid-winter for being drunk drove him out of town in a blizzard and left him on the side of the road with no jacket, he was later found frozen to death...nobody gave a shit... 

Iran will be the first middle eastern country to achieve full democracy. It had a brief democracy in 1953 before the unholy British-CIA coup. It has the most advanced society in middle east with highly educated population with most freedom loving women. The Pahlavi dynasty did its work. In 50 years of Pahlavi dynasty, Iran became a socially advanced country.

This was one unfortunate case but in Iran there have been hundreds even thousands of cases like Mahsa Amini past 43 years. Teenage or underaged girls were raped the night before their executions by the guards or clergy so that they don't go to heaven for years. Their sin was selling anti-regime newspapers. Thousands beaten for refusing to wear the hated hijab and hundreds killed but the regime threatens their families and carried out secret funerals past few years alone. All these happened in 21 century not 100 years ago.  1500 people were shot to death on streets in 2019 for peaceful demonstrations as just one example of many mass murders by islamic regime..

https://www.voanews.com/a/middle-east_voa-news-iran_us-confirms-report-citing-iran-officials-saying-1500-killed-protests/6181546.html

And you picked one tragic case in Canada saying that since that happened then the murder of thousands of innocents in Iran is okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

12 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Iran will be the first middle eastern country to achieve full democracy. It had a brief democracy in 1953 before the unholy British-CIA coup. It has the most advanced society in middle east with highly educated population with most freedom loving women. The Pahlavi dynasty did its work. In 50 years of Pahlavi dynasty, Iran became a socially advanced country.

This was one unfortunate case but in Iran there have been hundreds even thousands of cases like Mahsa Amini past 43 years. Teenage or underaged girls were raped the night before their executions by the guards or clergy so that they don't go to heaven for years. Their sin was selling anti-regime newspapers. Thousands beaten for refusing to wear the hated hijab and hundreds killed but the regime threatens their families and carried out secret funerals past few years alone. All these happened in 21 century not 100 years ago.  1500 people were shot to death on streets in 2019 for peaceful demonstrations as just one example of many mass murders by islamic regime..

https://www.voanews.com/a/middle-east_voa-news-iran_us-confirms-report-citing-iran-officials-saying-1500-killed-protests/6181546.html

And you picked one tragic case in Canada saying that since that happened then the murder of thousands of innocents in Iran is okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Fully understand your passion on the oppression in Iran but, there is oppression and atrocities in many many countries around the world.

While Canada condemns and supports those in the oppressed countries, Canada cannot interfere (for multitude of reasons) in each and every one. Should Canada interfere in Iran more than in Iraq? Or Burkina Faso? Or Congo? Or Central African Republic? Even Afghanistan?

Before you ask what those multitude of reasons are, just think for a minute... financial, ... political interference,... retribution,... religious and so on.

Canada is not the moral judge or savior for all other countries issues.

Edited by ExFlyer

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Fully understand your passion on the oppression in Iran but, there is oppression and atrocities in many many countries around the world.

While Canada condemns and supports those in the oppressed countries, Canada cannot interfere (for multitude of reasons) in each and every one. Should Canada interfere in Iran more than in Iraq? Or Burkina Faso? Or Congo? Or Central African Republic? Even Afghanistan?

Before you ask what those multitude of reasons are, just think for a minute... financial, ... political interference,... retribution,... religious and so on.

Canada is not the moral judge or savior for all other countries issues.

We don't want military interference but political. Impose sanction on IRGC (the murderous regime para military) and basij

Deport the regime elements from Canada and refuse visa to regime relatives

Pressure on other governments to dismiss the ambassadors and they must close the embassies of this murderous regime.

6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

We don't want military interference but political. Impose sanction on IRGC (the murderous regime para military) and basij

Deport the regime elements from Canada and refuse visa to regime relatives

Pressure on other governments to dismiss the ambassadors and they must close the embassies of this murderous regime.

Sanctions have been imposed on Iraq for a long time.

"regime elements"???

Canada is so poorly regarded nowadays, they cannot pressure anybody to do anything.

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Sanctions have been imposed on Iraq for a long time.

"regime elements"???

Canada is so poorly regarded nowadays, they cannot pressure anybody to do anything.

I am asking about sanctions on Iran not Iraq. In particular I am asking for targeted sanctions on IRGC.

Yes the families and children of those in power in Iran, Many of these bastards are having luxury lives with stolen money from the people of Iran mostly in Vancouver area. Also there are regime agents here who are on social media promoting the regime. 

10 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I am asking about sanctions on Iran not Iraq. In particular I am asking for targeted sanctions on IRGC.

Yes the families and children of those in power in Iran, Many of these bastards are having luxury lives with stolen money from the people of Iran mostly in Vancouver area. Also there are regime agents here who are on social media promoting the regime. 

Sorry, I meant Iran.

Sanctions began in 2006 and they include all Iranian agencies.  https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/international_relations-relations_internationales/sanctions/iran.aspx?lang=eng

Edited by ExFlyer

On 10/1/2022 at 10:46 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

That is not what i said, any murder is not OK, but your solution is not worth the effort, nothing will change until the people of Iran want it to. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya any of them ring a bell. 

If you think that Iran is the only nation that life has no real value, then your naive. You pick one of the worst offenders and expect us to do what exactly, write our MP's, so they can do what write the heads of state in Iran, when the whole idea is a waste of time and effort, that will not produce any results. 

Thousands upon thousands have died in Afghanistan, and Canadians did not give a second thought, have you read the comments on some of the articles written by our media, let's just say they are not very flattering, they don't care, what happens thousands of miles away, shit they don't care about the Canadian vets that went over there.  And they will wait a long time before Canadians here stand up and do something about it.

Change in Iran will come when Iranians want it to come not before, Ukraine is doing it, standing up to one of the superpowers of the planet, they did not wait they took action... It was that action that caught everyone's eyes. Those in Iran that want change have already left the country.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Change in Iran will come when Iranians want it to come not before, Ukraine is doing it, standing up to one of the superpowers of the planet, they did not wait they took action... It was that action that caught everyone's eyes. Those in Iran that want change have already left the country.

Iranians want the change of regime. They risk their lives to voice their opposition to this hated Islamic regime but the regime mercenaries act brutally against them with the brutality unseen or unheard in 21st century.

Iranian people need moral and political support. What ended Vietnam war was a worldwide rise up against that war with massive demonstrations. Countries who claim democracy must dismiss Iranian ambassadors and close the embassies of this terrorist regime as a sign of not recognizing this murderous regime. Do not legitimized this murderous regime by having a relation with it. 

On 9/23/2022 at 9:12 AM, ExFlyer said:

BS. Sort out their own problems because it has been proven internal issue will go on and even get worse with outside interference. Gulf War, Afgahnistan Viet Nam and others.

How can you or anyone look the other way witnessing so much horrifying crime by Iran regime?-

A 16 year old teenage girl , Nika Shakarami who took part in Tehran street protests asking for her freedom was arrested by islamic republic security guards and raped and beaten to death by mercenaries and her dead body stolen and buried in secret while her family threatened by regime to exercise silence and deny Nika was ever took part in demonstrations or her family will end up the same fate.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/iran-women-protests-death-skull-broken-nose-smashed-hijab-mahsa-amini-nika-shakarami-2007917-2022-10-03

This act was likely carried out on direct order and supervision of regime leaders in order to create fear among the young girls in schools and universities who are leading the anti-state uprising.

The brutality of this regimes has surpassed the most brutal regimes in recent history.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

16 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

How can you or anyone look the other way witnessing so much horrifying crime by Iran regime?-

A 16 year old teenage girl , Nika Shakarami who took part in Tehran street protests asking for her freedom was arrested by islamic republic security guards and raped and beaten to death by mercenaries and her dead body stolen and buried in secret while her family threatened by regime to exercise silence and deny Nika was ever took part in demonstrations or her family will end up the same fate.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/iran-women-protests-death-skull-broken-nose-smashed-hijab-mahsa-amini-nika-shakarami-2007917-2022-10-03

The brutality of this regimes has surpassed the most brutal regimes in recent history.

Who is looking away?

By stating historical fact is not in any way looking away.

You are focused on Iran yet there are a great many regimes that subjugate their citizens. Iran is not any worse than other regimes brutalizing and controlling their citizens.

So you are saying we, Canada, should only do something against Iran? Why just Iran?

Also, Canada has already sanctioned Iran to the extent it can. Canada has expressed it's displeasure with what is going on. Canada has no authority over Iran.

A personal crusade is just that, a personal crusade but do not expect others have your passion. Understand that a foreign country can only do so much and Canada has done it utmost.