Trump: Presidents can Declassify by ‘Thinking’

Convicted fraudster and accused criminal Donald Trump yesterday told Sean Hannity that a President can declassify information, “even by thinking about it.”

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. Prosecutors have said that about 100 of the documents taken from Mar-a-Lago were marked classified, including some labeled top secret. “If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified,” the former president added.

(https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/22/trump-hannity-declassify-documents/)

Unfortunately for him, two US Federal Appeals Courts have ruled otherwise.  And according to Trump’s former attorney Eric Herschman, Trump was informed that the Classified materials did need to be returned to the FederaL government.  

The “As I understand it” line will need a lot of explaining if Trump is to avoid criminal charges. Apparently, his “understanding” is based on his own opinion, since his own attorney advised him otherwise and surely others explained as well. 

• Haha 3

IF the Traitor can declassify documents by thinking (pardon me while I ROTFLMAO)), then by the same measure President Biden can reclassify the same documents by just thinking about it.  

The stupdity of the Traitor is boundless.

Edited by traveler52
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, traveler52 said:

IF the Traitor can declassify documents by thinking (pardon me while I ROTFLMAO)), then by the same measure President Biden can reclassify the same documents by just thinking about it.  

The stupdity of the Traitor is boundless.

I've been thinking about why Biden has not already reclassified the documents.

I guess it's because he doesn't want to lend ANY credence to Trump's stupidity.

And now the 11th Federal Appeals court has shot that down anyway.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Why reclassify them if they are still classified.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Mr. Biden knows better than to put himself the middle of the clown car.  The Traitor either comes forward with the proof he declassifed the documents or Judge Dearie will rule in favor of the DOJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, traveler52 said:

Mr. Biden knows better than to put himself the middle of the clown car.  The Traitor either comes forward with the proof he declassifed the documents or Judge Dearie will rule in favor of the DOJ.

The 11th Federal appeals court has already rendered the issue moot, having ruled in favor of the DoJ that the classified documents belong to the government.

They also said that classification status doesn't matter.

• Like 1

Trump loses again, and his hand-picked federal judge got her hands slapped because she was foolish enough to get involved in a national security matter to help Trump.

CNN reports, "A federal appeals court is allowing the Justice Department to continue looking at documents marked as classified that were seized from former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home and resort.

"The emergency intervention upends a trial judge’s order over those documents that had blocked federal investigators’ work on the documents, and is a strong rebuke of the Trump team’s attempt to suggest without evidence that materials were somehow declassified.

"The ruling was issued by a three-judge panel of the 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals – two of whom were nominated by Trump.

"Those records – which prosecutors have said contain highly sensitive national security information – are at the heart of the criminal investigation into the mishandling of federal records after the Trump presidency. Concern over them was a major factor that prompted the Justice Department and a court to authorize the unprecedented search of the former President’s home.

"Altogether, the 29-page opinion was a major boost to the arguments the Justice Department has made throughout the dispute over the Mar-a-Lago documents, while undermining several claims that Trump had made (and supported by his judge) about the materials the FBI seized."

“It is self-evident that the public has a strong interest in ensuring that the storage of the classified records did not result in ‘exceptionally grave damage to the national security,’” the three-judge panel stated. “Ascertaining that necessarily involves reviewing the documents, determining who had access to them and when, and deciding which (if any) sources or methods are compromised.”

By undermining the DOJ and its national security responsibilities, Judge Cannon did not agree with that supposition.

Hence, the rebuke.

This idiot was our President! This fool is the leading Republican to be our President again! This clown doesn't know sixth grade civics!

This one will be hard to believe. What is even harder to believe is this former President thinks it is smart to make such moronic statements. In his mind, he is making headlines.

He sure is.

The Washington Post reports, "In his first TV appearance since a court-authorized search of his Florida home last month, Donald Trump reasserted Wednesday that any documents taken from the White House to Mar-a-Lago were declassified while he was in office, adding that a president can carry that out “even by thinking about it.”

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. Prosecutors have said that about 100 of the documents taken from Mar-a-Lago were marked classified, including some labeled top secret.

“If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified,” the former president added.

Again, this man was our President, elected with the aid of Vladimir Putin, Russia's dictator. He is strongly supported on the grassroots level by largely rural voters with limited education. They will remain unaware of what Trump said because their idea of relevant news is the Farm Report.

• Like 1