NY Sues Trump for $250 million; “Staggering” Fraud

“Attorney General Letitia James of New York filed a sweeping lawsuit on Wednesday that accused Donald J. Trump, his family business and three of his children of lying to lenders and insurers by fraudulently overvaluing his assets by billions of dollars.

Ms. James is seeking to bar the Trumps, including Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka, from ever running a business in the state again.

She concluded that Mr. Trump and his business violated state criminal laws and “plausibly” broke federal laws as well. Her office, which lacks authority to file criminal charges in this case, referred the findings to federal prosecutors in Manhattan. They declined to comment on whether they would investigate.

The 220-page lawsuit, filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, lays out in new and startling detail how Mr. Trump’s annual financial statements were a compendium of lies, according to Ms. James. The statements — yearly records that include the company’s estimated value of its holdings and debts — wildly inflated the worth of nearly every one of its marquee properties, according to the lawsuit. They include Mar-a-Lago in Florida, Trump Tower and 40 Wall Street in Manhattan.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/21/nyregion/trump-fraud-lawsuit-ny.html

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Just another small part of the multi-faceted campaign to keep negative Trump headlines in the news cycle, and keep him out of  politics.

This one sounds rather desperate and foolish.  Valuing assets, that’s their best hope in New York?  Good luck with that...

So you see nothing wrong with fraudulent valuations that vary 5-10x based on whether done to get a loan or pay taxes?

AKA, bank fraud and tax fraud.

You ought to consult a lawyer if you're considering doing that. Do you look good in stripes?

5 minutes ago, robosmith said:

So you see nothing wrong with fraudulent valuations that vary 5-10x based on whether done to get a loan or pay taxes?

You ought to consult a lawyer if you're considering doing that. Do you look good in stripes?

These are accusations, they haven’t been proven in court yet.

I’m not surprised you’re confused about this.  You’re just another liberal Californian who can’t understand why adding thousands of electric cars to the California electric grid is worsening the brownouts in the summer time.  
Accusations may be a difficult concept for you.  Don’t bother yourself about it, let the adults deal with it.  And turn up that AC, if you don’t believe in the grid problems, I’m sure they won’t affect you…

4 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I’m not surprised you’re confused about this.  You’re just another liberal Californian who can’t understand why adding thousands of electric cars to the California electric grid is worsening the brownouts in the summer time.  
Accusations may be a difficult concept for you.  Don’t bother yourself about it, let the adults deal with it.  And turn up that AC, if you don’t believe in the grid problems, I’m sure they won’t affect you…

I don't need AC most of the time cause I live on the coast. 

And you have NO IDEA what I understand or don't.

I already said James has to win the suit. Can you read?

What do you want to bet she has the goods?

Her indictment is totally consistent with what has been known about Trump for DECADES.

Finally we have a NY State AG who could not be bought by Trump like he's done before.

3 hours ago, sharkman said:

Hey, gaslighter, first you said the alleged crimes are insignificant. When Robo pointed out that they are serious, you replied by talking about electric cars.  

Can you be any nuttier? Obviously, Robo was right, so you replied by whining about electric cars. Grow up: Robo 10, Shark 0.

8 hours ago, robosmith said:

Hilarious. You Tweenkies reek of desperation. Do you really think any bank will lend money, secured by a property value, without doing their own evaluation?

Apparently the Trump evaluation is prefaced with a couple pages identifying it as an "estimate" and instructs the bank to do their own evaluation. Nevertheless, the banks did apparently lend his company the funds requested. Gee...how about that...eh?

Don't you masterbatory freaks ever tire of being wrong?

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

I don't need AC most of the time cause I live on the coast. 

And you have NO IDEA what I understand or don't.

I already said James has to win the suit. Can you read?

What do you want to bet she has the goods?

Her indictment is totally consistent with what has been known about Trump for DECADES.

Finally we have a NY State AG who could not be bought by Trump like he's done before.

I'll bet you this chicken shite dies an ugly and whimpering death in court.

Edited by Nationalist

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

Ooh, 10 points, eh?  And I need to grow up?  Try again, son.  

If you weren’t such a terrible father it wouldn’t be a problem. Now, get back to the topic if you have anything intelligent to say about Trump landing knee-deep in shit because his lawyer ratted him out. 

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Hilarious. You Tweenkies reek of desperation. Do you really think any bank will lend money, secured by a property value, without doing their own evaluation?

Apparently the Trump evaluation is prefaced with a couple pages identifying it as an "estimate" and instructs the bank to do their own evaluation. Nevertheless, the banks did apparently lend his company the funds requested. Gee...how about that...eh?

Don't you masterbatory freaks ever tire of being wrong?

Explain this: They “estimated” the square footage of Trump’s penthouse at 30,000 sq ft when it was 10,000 sq feet. That is fraud. They can disclaim it all they want, if their statements are fraudulent and not actual estimates the disclaimer doesn’t help.  

44 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Explain this: They “estimated” the square footage of Trump’s penthouse at 30,000 sq ft when it was 10,000 sq feet. That is fraud. They can disclaim it all they want, if their statements are fraudulent and not actual estimates the disclaimer doesn’t help.  

Oh stop it...ur killing me...just TOO FUNNY!

You really have no idea who secured loans are executed...do you.

This is nothing more that a dumb-ass bitch trying to fulfill a dumb-ass election promise.

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Oh stop it...ur killing me...just TOO FUNNY!

You really have no idea who secured loans are executed...do you.

This is nothing more that a dumb-ass bitch trying to fulfill a dumb-ass election promise.

Oh, she’s a “dumb-ass.”  
Well, that “dumb-ass” is the Attorney General of New York. Tell us about your achievements and accomplishments. We’re all ears.  

Just now, Rebound said:

Oh, she’s a “dumb-ass.”  
Well, that “dumb-ass” is the Attorney General of New York. Tell us about your achievements and accomplishments. We’re all ears.  

Ur all ears? Poor soul...that has to be cumbersome.

She was elected...she won an election with bold promises she has never been able to keep. With another election coming up, she has to try something. This is just dumb-ass-covering. It's asinine and will go nowhere.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Ur all ears? Poor soul...that has to be cumbersome.

She was elected...she won an election with bold promises she has never been able to keep. With another election coming up, she has to try something. This is just dumb-ass-covering. It's asinine and will go nowhere.

It will go nowhere because you say so, or because you know something we don’t know?  Maybe you think Trump is some kind of superhero who cannot lose a lawsuit? 
Remember the time he lost a $25 million fraud lawsuit over Trump University? And then he lost the right to run a charity because of his charity fraud?  

The man has been a criminal for decades. He just is; that’s how crooks are. Don’t ask me why. He inherited over $160 million, so heaven knows he didn’t need to resort to all of these cons, but that’s how he’s made up.  People would have taken his Trump “University” classes without his lies and false promises. I guess he’s just greedy, like the way he stole the documents he wasn’t supposed to have, and when his lawyers told him to give them back, he made his own decision.  Now the guy says the President can declassify by thinking about it. Unfortunately, TWO Federal Appeals Courts have already rules that’s not true.  So you’re banking on a Supreme Court that will just bend over because they like him.  That’s not going to happen.  They didn’t bend over when he asked the SCOTUS to intervene in the election and it won’t happen when he asks them to change the laws to suit him. 

11 minutes ago, West said:

So a far left nut files a frivolous lawsuit.. why am I not surprised? 

Democrats down there are a scorn on a once great nation. All these resources wasted because Hillary couldn't win an election... 

The resources are wasted because Donald Trump is a fraud. Were Reagan or the Bushes prosecuted for crimes? No. Criminals are prosecuted, and the NY AG wouldn’t file this if she didn’t think she could win. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, West said:

So a far left nut files a frivolous lawsuit.. why am I not surprised? 

Democrats down there are a scorn on a once great nation. All these resources wasted because Hillary couldn't win an election... 

Yeah, and left wingnuts start threads about it because it's all they've got left...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sharkman said:

You called me a terrible father.  At least I come up with less boring insults.  And I don't need to defend Trump.  Because these are only accusations.  See above where I explained this to Rob already.

And yet you're still HERE posting defenses for Trump.

Obviously because you (and he) need to defend him from the worst legal PROBLEMS he's EVER faced.

And that is a HIGH BAR. LMAO

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

It will go nowhere because you say so, or because you know something we don’t know?  Maybe you think Trump is some kind of superhero who cannot lose a lawsuit? 
Remember the time he lost a $25 million fraud lawsuit over Trump University? And then he lost the right to run a charity because of his charity fraud?  

The man has been a criminal for decades. He just is; that’s how crooks are. Don’t ask me why. He inherited over $160 million, so heaven knows he didn’t need to resort to all of these cons, but that’s how he’s made up.  People would have taken his Trump “University” classes without his lies and false promises. I guess he’s just greedy, like the way he stole the documents he wasn’t supposed to have, and when his lawyers told him to give them back, he made his own decision.  Now the guy says the President can declassify by thinking about it. Unfortunately, TWO Federal Appeals Courts have already rules that’s not true.  So you’re banking on a Supreme Court that will just bend over because they like him.  That’s not going to happen.  They didn’t bend over when he asked the SCOTUS to intervene in the election and it won’t happen when he asks them to change the laws to suit him. 

Whah whah whah...may you're worse than a little girl.

This BS banking case will go nowhere simply because the numbers his organization submitted we "estimates" and the bank had to do its own due diligence...which it undoubtedly did and lent him the money he was asking for.

As for this stupid raid on his home...general warrants are illegal.!

17 minutes ago, sharkman said:

You called me a terrible father.  At least I come up with less boring insults.  And I don't need to defend Trump.  Because these are only accusations.  See above where I explained this to Rob already.

Insults are all you have against facts. 
If we were fourth graders, I guess your stupid insults would make you a winner. But I left grade school long ago. 

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Whah whah whah...may you're worse than a little girl.

This BS banking case will go nowhere simply because the numbers his organization submitted we "estimates" and the bank had to do its own due diligence...which it undoubtedly did and lent him the money he was asking for.

As for this stupid raid on his home...general warrants are illegal.!

But when I pointed out a hard fact: Trump “estimated” that his penthouse was 30,000 square feet, when it was only 10,000 square feet; that was not an estimate.  Trump’s business is real estate and in real estate you don’t screw up the square footage like that by accident. 

And you retorted to that with an insult. My FACT beats your 2nd grade INSULT.  I win, you lose, and so will Trump, because you can plainly see that he committed fraud. It’s right there, plain as day.

Edited by Rebound