For all the UNFAIR demonization of Freedom Convoy......

betsy

24 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OK

Are the travel restrictions for truckers not a US issue? Canada lifted them.

Carbon taxes are here to stay, not just in the Provinces in Canada but many other jurisdictions in the World. Better get used to them. (I believe there are more than 25 countries with a form of carbon tax and in the US, they are State jurisdiction)

Pipelines? Well, indigenous, provinces and political  correctness is screwing that up real good.

All federal government restrictions are lifted for employees. Have been for a while now. I am not sure of all provinces and for private businesses.

If those were her point, those are easy answers.

I think you may have to give people a little levity for a while. There's a lot of anger in the population and Pixie-Dust has a lot to answer for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

I think you may have to give people a little levity for a while. There's a lot of anger in the population and Pixie-Dust has a lot to answer for.

I can use a lot of levity but, sometimes what is in their head does not translate well to paper. :)

For sure he does but I do not think he was too far out of what was going on everywhere. That does not make me a "leftie".

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I can use a lot of levity but, sometimes what is in their head does not translate well to paper. :)

For sure he does but I do not think he was too far out of what was going on everywhere. That does not make me a "leftie".

I don't remember saying you're a "leftie". But the time is nearing in Canada, when independent voters will have to choose sides.

Choose well. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I don't remember saying you're a "leftie". But the time is nearing in Canada, when independent voters will have to choose sides.

Choose well. 

No you did not but I am accused of it quite often when I suggest Trudeau may have done something correctly

All voters should choose wisely in a few years.

22 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Did I call you a "leftie"?

Yes the governments and media scared the hell outta the public. They're still at it because...

Fear is all they have left.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Did I call you a "leftie"?

Yes the governments and media scared the hell outta the public. They're still at it because...

Fear is all they have left.

I already answered you 3 posts before and said "No you did not but I am accused of it quite often when I suggest Trudeau may have done something correctly ".

Well, the government and media were not playing loud music all day and night and parading in the streets and harrasing residents... if you are talking about the convoy fiasco.

Fear is all who has left?

49 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I already answered you 3 posts before and said "No you did not but I am accused of it quite often when I suggest Trudeau may have done something correctly ".

Well, the government and media were not playing loud music all day and night and parading in the streets and harrasing residents... if you are talking about the convoy fiasco.

Fear is all who has left?

Loud music all day and night? I wasn't aware that was going on. Was it?

Flyer...parading in the streets IS what a protest is.

Fear is all the Liberals have left.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Loud music all day and night? I wasn't aware that was going on. Was it?

Flyer...parading in the streets IS what a protest is.

Fear is all the Liberals have left.

Yes, there was constant loud music and honking of horns all day and all night. The private injunction was basically to stop that.

With 'parading", I meant being loud, obstructing traffic, harassing businesses to the point they closed.

The "liberals" (meaning federal government) did not do anything.

It was local policing and then the provincial police were sent in by the province. The RCMP already have jurisdiction on Wellington Street as it is part of the National Capital Commission land (federal property). The OPP and local cops helped RCMP and invoked local laws on surrounding streets. The feds enacted the Emergency Measures Act but, it was never used as the next day the police started to move people out. All issues and charges were under existing laws.

Now, did the liberal government handles this wrong? For sure. They could have stopped it before it went on as long and got to the point of confrontation but, they did not.

As for fear, there is none. No there anyway. Things are back to normal.

Edited by ExFlyer

12 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yes, there was constant loud music and honking of horns all day and all night. The private injunction was basically to stop that.

With 'parading", I meant being loud, obstructing traffic, harassing businesses to the point they closed.

The "liberals" (meaning federal government) did not do anything.

It was local policing and then the provincial police were sent in by the province. The RCMP already have jurisdiction on Wellington Street as it is part of the National Capital Commission land (federal property). The OPP and local cops helped RCMP and invoked local laws on surrounding streets. The feds enacted the Emergency Measures Act but, it was never used as the next day the police started to move people out. All issues and charges were under existing laws.

Now, did the liberal government handles this wrong? For sure. They could have stopped it before it went on as long and got to the point of confrontation but, they did not.

As for fear, there is none. No there anyway. Things are back to normal.

Personally...I'm not really upset about the clearing of the protesters and their trucks. I do think it was an underhanded act but...

What pisses me right off is the charges and the donation/bank account freezing. That and the fact that Pixie-Dust immediately ran to mommy's cottage and hid with his leadership tail between his legs.

That protest "could" have ended in a week, had Li'l Justine just maned-up and met with these folks. For that alone, the li'l girl should be laughed out of parliament.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

As always these days. Try independent websites.

Indian news is getting real interesting re: Canada as they really seem to dislike Trudeau over the whole supporting Sikh terrorists and what-not.  Modi especially has a bone to pick...so to speak. YouTube has apparently set their sites on Indian news outlets like TFIGlobal - Canada and is giving them bans & strikes for the usual petty reasons. I wonder if Trudeau called YouTube lately...lol.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Independent in what way?

In my experience, all websites lean one way or another or are affiliated with something or someone.

No. The most unbiased journalists these days are independent or bloggers.

That's where you find out what's really going on. No propaganda. Straight facts and stats. Well-balanced analyses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

No. The most unbiased journalists these days are independent or bloggers.

That's where you find out what's really going on. No propaganda. Straight facts and stats. Well-balanced analyses.

Bloggers? Bloggers are people like you, with an opinion. Hardly independent LOL

So, show me "independent"  news websites.

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Liar. The horns stopped at 6pm.

BS. You have no idea what you are talking about, as usual.
After the injunction was served and police started enforcing it, they stopped but not before and then, it was near the end.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/02/11/ottawa-court-injunction-trucker-protest/

Edited by ExFlyer

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Bloggers? Bloggers are people like you, with an opinion. Hardly independent LOL

So, show me "independent"  news websites.

I think you should stick to the MSM.

You seem to be their type of reader - happily feed on whatever they serve to you on a spoon while they make airplane noises.