Will Multiculturalism be Canada's Achilles Heel (Downfall)?

blackbird

32 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

insanity is doing the same thing over & over again, expecting different results

like being loyal to Canada when all it does is sell you out, over & over

Canada throws its own military & decorated veterans under the bus

you can't really believe that Canada is going to be loyal to you, that would be insane

I don't assume the government is loyal to anyone or anything except themselves, they're all careerist sociopaths.  But this is my home...

9 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I don't disagree.  Canada is a country of loyalists, the anglo Brits, all the loyalists ran to Canada after 1776.  Born to be someone else's b*tch.  Except for Quebec, and the aboriginals etc.

In that way I'm like the Americans and Quebecois.  I don't dislike the royals, they are symbols now and not much more at this point, they don't make policy that oppress anyone anymore, the royals are Canada's b*tch, they defer to the will of Parliament.

even the English overthrow the monarch periodically

Edward II, Richard II, Richard III, Henry VI  . . .

Charles I

James II

the Westminster Parliament was born of treason

the King is only the bitch, because a King was overthrown

funny how Canadians can't even conceive of overthrowing the Crown

17 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Sort of like, exactly like I said and you are one of those whining about elitists. Cannot be better in life so everyone else is an elitist. What a loser and loser comment.

What an F'n clown. LOL

All you got is calling people nazi and racist. You have zero, (and if there was less than zero you would qualify) credibility. A one trick pony and it is a lousy trick.

Whoa there Flyer-dude. I wasn't call you nazi or racist. These are names I get called so much it doesn't mean anything anymore. 

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Whoa there Flyer-dude. I wasn't call you nazi or racist. These are names I get called so much it doesn't mean anything anymore. 

Sorry for misinterpreting the post then.

I was responding to your post which basically ended with "Ya OK...I get it" which I thought was directed at me.

I definitely agree with your comment about the overuse of nazi and racist.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 11:02 AM, Moonbox said:

That you think mosques being built quicker than churches is a problem is very telling of where you fit on the spectrum.  

Why? Islam asks (demands) more of its adherents than western Christianity. It still espouses medieval social beliefs on women, gays, jews, etc. It's teachings are unrelieved by any sense of modernity and continue to inspire countless acts of violence around the world. It is a religion which teaches hostility to others and a brutal and violent intolerance. You don't have to be a wild-eyed far right winger to think that. Just ask Sam Harris. Is he a Nazi?

On 9/22/2022 at 11:14 AM, Moonbox said:

I mean, if you can convince every woman in Canada to have 3 children, then sure, we can talk about immigration.  Until then, there's really nothing to say.  Our economy and our nation is based (at present) on expansion and growth and it has been since colonial days, and we're still highly undeveloped compared to most of the rest of the world.  

I tire of these silly ideas.

Do you think immigrants are coming here to develop the arctic tundra? Do you imagine they're settling down in the midst of the boreal forests with axes to build farms? They're coming to a few major cities and making them more crowded. Lose the 'undeveloped silliness'. 

Nor is there any evidence nor has the government ever bothered to present any that immigration has improved our economy. Making it bigger, note, does not suggest it is in any way better. India's economy is bigger. Is it better? Are its people living in luxury? Canada's economy is backsliding compared to all the rest of the industrialized world, in spite of (because of?) masses of immigrants. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/commentary/article-why-canadas-economic-growth-is-expected-to-be-dead-last-among-advanced/

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 5:01 PM, Moonbox said:

No, you just suggested in numerous different ways that European/Western/Judeo-Christian culture/faith was superior and more desirable to anything out of Africa, Middle East or Asia,

What culture do you believe is better or even comparable to western culture?

1 minute ago, I am Groot said:

Why? Islam asks (demands) more of its adherents than western Christianity. It still espouses medieval social beliefs on women, gays, jews, etc. It's teachings are unrelieved by any sense of modernity and continue to inspire countless acts of violence around the world. It is a religion which teaches hostility to others and a brutal and violent intolerance. You don't have to be a wild-eyed far right winger to think that. Just ask Sam Harris. Is he a Nazi?

I'm a wild eyed right winger, but I don't feel threatened by Islamic people in general

it's really just the Saudi Wahhabists & Iranian Revolutionary Guard who incite most of the violence

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I'm a wild eyed right winger, but I don't feel threatened by Islamic people in general

it's really just the Saudi Wahhabists & Iranian Revolutionary Guard who incite most of the violence

The polls done by Pew research of Muslim opinion do not inspire confidence. Call it what you will, the opinion of Muslims around the world on issues like killing apostates or blasphemers are inimical to free speech, thought and expression. I'm not too fond of the new militarism being seen from some of the Hindus in India either, for that matter. I don't like people willing to commit violence on behalf of their religion. I especially don't like them coming to live here. See Leicester for why that's a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I especially don't like them coming to live here.

but we are a Confederation of the British Empire

the Hindu's & Muslims in India joined Britain on the same day as Canada did, 10 February 1763

Indians & Canadians fought side by side in the First & Second World Wars

I find the South Asians to still be quite British actually

they are more British than most native born Canadians are

I'm quite fond of them actually

22 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Why? Islam asks (demands) more of its adherents than western Christianity. It still espouses medieval social beliefs on women, gays, jews, etc. 

Hardline fundamentalist Islam does, but if you actually knew any Islamic girls ages 15-40 in Canada, you'd know they're living how they please rather than under the heel of Shariah like you'd want us to believe.  While we're talking about hardline fundamentalism, let's not that Christians have fundamentalists of their own. 

16 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I tire of these silly ideas.

That's because you don't understand them and you're sublimely ignorant on that which you speak of.  

14 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

What culture do you believe is better or even comparable to western culture?

That you're even asking the question like that is a testament to your foolishness, ignorance and closed-mindedness.  

Edited by Moonbox

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. In other ways they are optimistic, ie. Muslims coming to the west lose fundamental beliefs at a faster rate than Christians do.

Given how long it took Christians to lose their more unpleasant beliefs that does not inspire confidence. Certainly it won't happen in my lifetime while we continue to bring in people without screening for such views. Or any views. We don't screen for racism either, or misogyny or just crass stupidity. Why do we not have every applicant interviewed so that at the end the screener can say "This guy is a blithering idiot" and stamp REJECT on his application?

3 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

1. Given how long it took Christians to lose their more unpleasant beliefs that does not inspire confidence.

2. Certainly it won't happen in my lifetime while we continue to bring in people without screening for such views. Or any views. We don't screen for racism either, or misogyny or just crass stupidity. Why do we not have every applicant interviewed so that at the end the screener can say "This guy is a blithering idiot" and stamp REJECT on his application?

1. But Christians have been in the west since its inception.

2. We could screen but people lie, so..

27 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. In other ways they are optimistic, ie. Muslims coming to the west lose fundamental beliefs at a faster rate than Christians do.

if you look at the violence in Toronto

it's not that the Muslim immigrants are bringing a violent culture with them to Canada

rather, when they get here, they are adopting a violent American culture of gangs & guns

that culture actually came from the hyper Protestant Christian Dixie

the duellist culture of the Southron Gentlemen

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Hardline fundamentalist Islam does,

All of Islam does. You will not find any major Islamic scholars or clerics who have different interpretations. This is mainstream stuff.  

That does not mean everyone who goes to mosque is ever likely to kill a blasphemer any more than Christians who go to church every Sunday are going to follow through on all their book says. Some will, some won't. Both Christian and Islamic books say bad things. The difference is the Christian clerics explain their bad things in different ways and don't suggest anyone take them seriously. 

but if you actually knew any Islamic girls ages 15-40 in Canada, you'd know they're living how they please rather than under the heel of Shariah like you'd want us to believe. 

Please don't try to tell me what I want you to believe. I do not care what you believe. I don't know teenage muslim girls its true but there is a high school up the road and it certainly has teenage Muslim girls in it. I know this because whenever I pass there are lots of them wearing headscarves and none in short skirts. The little Muslim girls on my street who can't be more than nine are also in headscarves. 

While we're talking about hardline fundamentalism, let's not that Christians have fundamentalists of their own. 

Yes, certainly. But as I said, it is not merely fundamentalists who believe apostates and blasphemers should be killed. It is the majority of Muslims in nearly every Muslim nation.

That's because you don't understand them and you're sublimely ignorant on that which you speak of.  

If I don't understand your silly ideas perhaps its because you are a poor communicator. Or perhaps they really are just silly.

That you're even asking the question like that is a testament to your foolishness, ignorance and closed-mindedness.  

That's an interesting response. Rather than answering the question you insult me for asking it. Am I not permitted to question your statements? Do you believe everything you write is so far beyond what mere mortals espouse that it is impertinence to doubt it? 

Your hostility towards the questioning of your views is an interesting parallel with a discussion of religious fanaticism.

12 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Given how long it took Christians to lose their more unpleasant beliefs that does not inspire confidence. Certainly it won't happen in my lifetime while we continue to bring in people without screening for such views. Or any views. We don't screen for racism either, or misogyny or just crass stupidity. Why do we not have every applicant interviewed so that at the end the screener can say "This guy is a blithering idiot" and stamp REJECT on his application?

but Canada desperately needs these immigrants to prop the economy up

the Canadian population is collapsing, aging out

the debt based economy is like a Ponzi scheme, it needs constant growth

the fact is, Western Europeans don't want to emigrate to Canada in large numbers

Western Europeans live a better lifestyle than Canadians do, and have much better government services

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. But Christians have been in the west since its inception.

I'm not entirely certain there is something in the air here which robs people of their religious beliefs. I realize we are a largely secular culture but we still have the likes of Hassidic Jews who dress like they're in medieval times and have medieval beliefs. Not everyone progresses with the times. No, they aren't bombing or killing people but if you explore their beliefs and behaviour it's... not nice.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. We could screen but people lie, so..

It's often fairly easy to catch people in lies, especially religious people who really do have a feeling of disgust at many of our western beliefs. Mind you, so do I at times. But it's a matter of degree and hostility. Put them before a panel. See how they respond to male questioners vs females. I've read in some areas here some Indian and Muslim immigrant men do not like taking orders or instructions from women. See how they react to being questioned by one.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

but Canada desperately needs these immigrants to prop the economy up

Says who? Says Trudeau? Do you believe everything Trudeau says? Don't answer. I know you don't. So why believe this? Where is the evidence? Where are the sweeping and intensive government studies which have been done to support the need for doubling our immigration numbers? There are none. Trudeau is talking out of his ass.

the Canadian population is collapsing, aging out

Oh yes, why without doubling immigration it was estimated our population would drop to only 50 million people by 2100. Wait, what? 

the debt based economy is like a Ponzi scheme, it needs constant growth

Or we could try balancing the budget for a change. 

the fact is, Western Europeans don't want to emigrate to Canada in large numbers

Seriously? What do you think the response would be if we passed out applications in Ukraine? Spain and Greece have unemployment rates of over 12% Italy is over 8%. I bet a lot of Russians would like to come here, too.

Western Europeans live a better lifestyle than Canadians do, and have much better government services

Some do, some don't. The unemployment rate among the young is astonishing compared to ours. Sweden's is twice what ours is. Spain and Greece are three times ours. Hey, maybe some bright, just graduated Japanese or South Korean girl would like to get away from the stifling misogyny of their homelands and work abroad?

But we don't recruit. We make no attempt as a country to go to other nations and recruit people who might do well here, like tradesmen or health care workers. We leave it strictly to chance.

Just now, I am Groot said:

Or we could try balancing the budget for a change.

But we don't recruit.

I don't want to quarrel with you, I respect your right to your own views, I'm a free speech absolutist

but it's not about the budget

the central bank is printing dollars to prop the debt based economy up, like a Ponzi scheme

and Canada has a merit based immigration system

in fact, all Donald Trump has said, is that he want's Canada's immigration system for America

32 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I find the South Asians to still be quite British actually

they are more British than most native born Canadians are

Perhaps their governments haven't spent the last two generations trying to crush any hint or history of their British past like ours has. Indians, by and large, are hard, industrious workers and strive to get ahead by learning more. That doesn't mean I'm blind to the problems of not screening out the baduns. 

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't want to quarrel with you, I respect your right to your own views, I'm a free speech absolutist

but it's not about the budget

the central bank is printing dollars to prop the debt based economy up, like a Ponzi scheme

and Canada has a merit based immigration system

in fact, all Donald Trump has said, is that he want's Canada's immigration system for America

The orange Jesús talks a lot of about things he has very little understanding of: like business, the economy and government. It's hardly surprising he'd know nothing about our immigration system. It's not surprising you know little about it either. The government does not really try to inform the public about anything it does much less immigration.

About half our immigrants are family class. There is no merit system for them.

Of those who come in as skilled only about one third to one quarter of them have to pass the merit system. The rest in that category are actually their immediate family members. I don't at all question them bringing them in, of course. But if you see a figure that says something like 100k come in under the skilled category you have to realize that only a fraction of that are the actual applicants. 

2 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Perhaps their governments haven't spent the last two generations trying to crush any hint or history of their British past like ours has. Indians, by and large, are hard, industrious workers and strive to get ahead by learning more. That doesn't mean I'm blind to the problems of not screening out the baduns. 

they are still a British culture

just like Canada & America, India is an invention of the British, it never was a country before that

Gandhi was British, a British educated lawyer

like the Americans, the Indians have become fierce repubiicans

but socially, they are still very British, and very conservative therein