Will Multiculturalism be Canada's Achilles Heel (Downfall)?

blackbird

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Canada is run by yuppies.  That's really the long and short of it.  The Liberals are yuppies.  These are not blue collar working class types. 

Immigrants are a lot of things, but they usually aren't yuppies.  But sometimes their kids are, or want to become them, because they're raised in a society of yuppies and embrace their values.

Yuppies are young well-off smug educated types who think they know better than everyone else.

it's a bit more complex than that methinks

at the very top, you have the wealthiest families in Canada, the Billionaires

they run Canada like a Company Town, their interests protected from foreign competition

then you have the financial elites, the Bay Street Bankers

then there is the political class, sometimes called the Laurentian Elites

there are ostensibly two factions,  the Liberals & Conservatives,

but really it's the same party, as it was in 1867, the Liberal-Conservatives

next comes the Technocrats, the government bureaucracies, the judiciary, the civil servants

then the professional managerial class

then the middle class

then the working class

then the underclasses, the new immigrants & the Indians

the problem for the elites is that America no longer views Canada as a partner, but rather a competitor

so the Americans are increasingly freezing Canada out of the American markets

so, in desperation, the elites are trying to sell us all down the river to the Chinese Communists in Beijing

literally, Communist traitors

all the Chinese Communist inspired totalitarian lunacy coming in the wake

is simply to divide & conquer us, pitting the middle class against the working class

Edited by Dougie93

On 9/21/2022 at 6:20 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Already covered in other threads.  

Nobody wants to live in China or India. Duh.

They want to move here with no rules and flowing (borrowed) money to recreate the slums back home and refuse to adapt or speak English.

Edited by RedDog
  • Thanks 1

Despite its huge geographic size, the second biggest in the world, do Canadians think of their country as a small country because of the next door neighbor? 

In Europe a country of 40 million people would most definitely not be regarded as  a small country. 

Just now, RedDog said:

Canada lost any identity. It’s a free for all now. I sit down on a transit bus and hear no English spoken. Suicide.

but it's the English speaking Canadian born who are tearing Canada down

it's the elites in Canada who are betraying us

in order to sell us all down the river the Chinese Communists in Beijing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

it's a bit more complex than that methinks

at the very top, you have the wealthiest families in Canada, the Billionaires

they run Canada like a Company Town, their interests protected from foreign competition

then you have the financial elites, the Bay Street Bankers

then there is the political class, sometimes called the Laurentian Elites

there are ostensibly two factions,  the Liberals & Conservatives,

but really it's the same party, as it was in 1867, the Liberal-Conservatives

next comes the Technocrats, the government bureaucracies, the judiciary, the civil servants

then the professional managerial class

then the middle class

then the working class

then the underclasses, the new immigrants & the Indians

the problem for the elites is that America no longer views Canada as a partner, but rather a competitor

so the Americans are increasingly freezing Canada out of the American markets

so, in desperation, the elites are trying to sell us all down the river to the Chinese Communists in Beijing

literally, Communist traitors

all the Chinese Communist inspired totalitarian lunacy coming in the wake

is simply to divide & conquer us, pitting the middle class against the working class

I don't think the turn to China has to do with rejection from American business.  I think it is as simple as economic opportunity.  Foreign direct investment is seen as good for the economy, and it is good for the TSX, but in many ways not so good for the middle class, and especially not the working class.  Housing price crisis is a somewhat unexpected occurrence, but also predicable, but the yuppies don't care, they can afford housing and it makes their banker and developer friends very rich, and many of them have investment properties.  Making money at the expense of the middle and working class.

I do think it's as simple as yuppies, wannabe yuppies (middle class, who can't really afford a BMW or Benz but drive one so they can seem like they can), pre-yuppies, and the working class.

Liberals are a party of yuppies run by yuppies for yuppies and wannabe yuppies.  There is also the working class who aren't necessarily "progressive" but simply like getting free stuff who vote Liberal, like Atlantic Canada and racist white welfare bums.  Conservatives are made of 3 types:  the rich, the rural types, and the rest of the working class or older working class.

NDP and Greens are for the young pre-yuppies and older hippies who shop at Whole Foods.  A pre-yuppy who gets "older and wiser" moves to the right and becomes a Liberal hahaha.

The Liberals push yuppie policies while enriching their rich yuppie corporate friends.  The Conservatives protect the rest of the rich and push the policies that appeal to the religious, xenophobes, and the blue collar anti-yuppies.  The NDP and Greens push policies for the ultra-sensitive utopian idealists.

Then there's the Bloc, who are Quebec nationalists.

If you don't fall into one of these groups, like a blue collar working class that doesn't vouch for the rich and isn't religious, or a middle class person that isn't a wannabe yuppy, then you have no political representation in Parliament, and you are often a swing voter who are actually deciding elections.  You hate Trudeau but don't like Scheer either.

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

I don't think the turn to China has to do with rejection from American business.  I think it is as simple as economic opportunity.  Foreign direct investment is seen as good for the economy, and it is good for the TSX, but in many ways not so good for the middle class, and especially not the working class.  Housing price crisis is a somewhat unexpected occurrence, but also predicable, but the yuppies don't care, they can afford housing and it makes their banker and developer friends very rich, and many of them have investment properties.  Making money at the expense of the middle and working class.

I do think it's as simple as yuppies, wannabe yuppies (middle class, who can't really afford a BMW or Benz but drive one so they can seem like they can), pre-yuppies, and the working class.

Liberals are a party of yuppies run by yuppies for yuppies and wannabe yuppies.  There is also the working class who aren't necessarily "progressive" but simply like getting free stuff who vote Liberal, like Atlantic Canada and racist white welfare bums.  Conservatives are made of 3 types:  the rich, the rural types, and the rest of the working class or older working class.

NDP and Greens are for the young pre-yuppies and older hippies who shop at Whole Foods.  A pre-yuppy who gets "older and wiser" moves to the right and becomes a Liberal hahaha.

The Liberals push yuppie policies while enriching their rich yuppie corporate friends.  The Conservatives protect the rest of the rich and push the policies that appeal to the religious, xenophobes, and the blue collar anti-yuppies.  The NDP and Greens push policies for the ultra-sensitive utopian idealists.

If you don't fall into one of these groups, like a blue collar working class that doesn't vouch for the rich and isn't religious, or a middle class person that isn't a wannabe yuppy, then you have no political representation in Parliament, and you are often a swing voter who are actually deciding elections.  You hate Trudeau but don't like Scheer either.

Now where do you find all these demographics?

The yuppies live in the rich areas but mostly in the newer suburbs.  The pre-yuppies live with their parents in the newer suburbs and rich areas.  The wannabe yuppies live with the working class in the old suburbs, which 30-50 years ago were the "new suburbs".  Poor urban working class and underclass live in the old suburbs or rental apartments closer to downtown.

The older hippies often live urban, either just outside downtown or downtown.  The conservative rich live anywhere (could be farmers or urban business people), the white rural types obviously live rural anywhere, and the older working class live in the older suburbs or smaller cities.

The problem with the yuppies is that they are book-smart but life-stupid.  They typically were raised in a well-off middle class or rich family, which means they had almost everything in their life handed to them.  Didn't have to work a part-time job during high school or university, their parents paid their tuition for them, and helped them out when buying a home.

They do not understand the value of money like the working class does because they never really had to worry about money or work for anything.  So the yuppies in government are ok with piling on the debt because they have always had their parents to bail them out of debt or had lots of money themselves from their nice jobs.

A lot of teachers are yuppies, they go to university but have no idea what to do with their lives, so they become teachers after they get their English or math degrees but can't get a job with them.  They are teaching our kids.  Trudeau was also a teacher.

The yuppies, pre-yuppies, and wannabe yuppies are destroying society.  The conservatives are doing it too by either catering to the rich (like the yuppies do) or by trying to solve problems created by the yuppies but implementing solutions that are stupid.  Many conservatives are stupid because they are often blue collar types (low education), or are religious nutjobs.

I would elect to government some scientists who grew up blue collar.  They are intelligent and logical (evidence based solutions), not educated in the social sciences, and were raised with blue collar values.  Yuppie scientists stay away.  David Suzuki is an old hippie scientist, a nutjob from the hippie dopesmoking capital of the world:  the pacific northwest.

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

and Judeo-Christian tradition has supported slavery, witch-burnings, pogroms and global-scale genocide.  Your moral compass is driven by absolute ignorance and cluelessness about the world and its history.  

Thump that Bible some more Bobby.  ?

There has been some dark chapters in history involving churches, such as witch-burnings.  This is not something taught in the Bible and Bible believers today would oppose such a thing.  Slavery was abolished in the British empire 200 years ago.  I have never heard of "pogroms and global-scale genocide".   The Catholic church did run the Holy Roman Inquisition for about 400 years in the middle ages, but the Catholic church is a false church.  According to one author, the Catholic church did have a genocide in Yugoslavia during WW2, but again they do not represent biblical Christianity.  I am not sure what other genocides you are referring to.  Never heard of them.  Maybe you could explain. 

And today we have genocide by the liberals and left known as abortion or baby killing.  Maybe you could tell where you stand on that.  If you support the liberals, progressives and left abortion policy, you have no right to talk about genocide, because that is genocide which your beloved liberals and NDP support.

The Bible would condemn such things.  You simply don't understand or know anything about the Bible.  The Bible condemns evil behavior of all kinds. 

Christianity was involved in slavery in the U.S. in history and other places but rarely in Canada.  Christianity has some blemished history on the subject of slavery.  It is easy to condemn things in history, but the world developed slowly over a long period of many centuries and they looked at things differently than today.  Today we claim to be more enlightened.  It is easy to condemn things that took place in the past, but if you were alive in those days, you would probably think the same way as most other people on the subject of slavery.  It took centuries for the world to finally abolish it at least in the west.  

The point is the Bible condemns all sorts of evil and defends righteous behavior.  So you can't blame the Bible for the evils that happened down through history.  Mankind has an evil heart and an evil nature and has done many bad things in history.  That does not detract from the truth of the Bible and it's teachings.  Don't make the mistake of blaming the Bible, which many people did not follow in history and do not follow today.

Other religions can easily be shown to be false in the light of the Bible.  There is no comparison.

I probably know more about the Bible and am familiar with a lot of world history.  I understand there have always been wars.  The Bible prophesied there would be.  The world is an evil place and under the dominion of the Devil.

Edited by blackbird

13 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

well, either way, I don't feel proud of Canada in my heart

don't forget, Canada is just the Confederation

Canada is just the Crown & Government

you are not Canada, I am not Canada

Canada is not a republic, Canada does not have public rule

Canada is a monarchy, and just like any other monarchy, Canada is ruled by an aristocracy

at one time, that aristocracy practised Noblesse Oblige

but that is not the case anymore

because this aristocracy has discredited itself by its pathological incompetence & corruption

thus the aristocracy in Canada has been reduced to trying to stave off a revolt, by ruling with an iron fist

13 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

If you don't fall into one of these groups

the main thing you & I disagree upon

is that you think there is some distinct "Canadian" national identity

you're not British, you're not French, and you're not American neither

but being a student of Canadian history, I think that just renders you into a de facto American by default

because if you're not British & you're not French, then you basically live in America by default

you live in an American protectorate, a colony of America, which is run by the Americans for you

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

That is an age old excuse and complaint used by people that are jealous of anyone better off than themselves.

frankly, I am very well off

I have everything I ever wished for, got everything I ever prayed for

but it really has nothing to do with the Confederation of Canada

the Confederation of Canada is not my life, it's just a tax jurisdiction

the idea that I couldn't have lived my dream in some other country, America or Europe, is obviously nonsense

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

frankly, I am very well off

I have everything I ever wished for, got everything I ever prayed for

but it really has nothing to do with the Confederation of Canada

the Confederation of Canada is not my life, it's just a tax jurisdiction

the idea that I couldn't have lived my dream in some other country, America or Europe, is obviously nonsense

Just saying "That is an age old excuse and complaint used by people that are jealous of anyone better off than themselves. "

Heard that "it's the elites" complaint so much on this forum, it carrys no worth anymore.

Just now, ExFlyer said:

Just saying "That is an age old excuse and complaint used by people that are jealous of anyone better off than themselves. "

Heard that "it's the elites" complaint so much on this forum, it carrys no worth anymore.

I don't think you determine what has worth on the forum

it's a market of ideas,  you don't have any control over it

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't think you determine what has worth on the forum

it's a market of ideas,  you don't have any control over it

You are correct, I do not determine.

I do stand by my comment that "Heard that "it's the elites" complaint so much on this forum, it carrys no worth anymore. " though. That is my opinion and observation.

Edited by ExFlyer

On 9/20/2022 at 6:21 PM, Contrarian said:

Do you know the difference between the 2? 

Great video: 

In regards to Islam, my views: 

a) is a newer religion, takes time to reform, where was Judaism and Christianity hundreds of years ago? 

the counter-argument to that is I know it: 

b) well, with the age of the internet, people should not have an excuse not to evolve. 

but then the question put forward once by a friend of mine from Algérie is and I quote: 

c) "why aren't you, in the west allowing us to fight it out? Because really in Europe a relative peace agreement through EU was reached after 2 major wars. so if you, in the west don't completely back off and let us fight it out, there will always going to be radicalism amongst our midst. With radicalism comes more immigration to the west etc, etc.  oh yah but the oil =)"

Good point.

50 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You are correct, I do not determine.

I do stand by my comment that "Heard that "it's the elites" complaint so much on this forum, it carrys no worth anymore. " though. That is my opinion and observation.

Sort of like..

Nazis

Racists

Ya OK...I get it.

21 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Sure, but immigrants are generally leaving bad/broken systems to escape them, not recreate them.  That's been the case for North American immigration from the very beginning.  

Many immigrants want to turn Canada into a Socialist/Marxist state because they don't believe in western, Judeo-Christian ideas of respect for private property and the sanctity of life and marriage.  A good example is Singh and his horde of Sikh followers who all support Socialism.  They believe the bad people are the corporations and millionaires.  They want to confiscate their wealth (steal it in simple biblical terms) and turn society into a Marxist communal group with every conceivable social program possible from cradle to grave.  Nobody has to work if they don't want to.  No such thing as making an individual effort to improve one's self, get ahead, prosper, earn a living, and worship the true God.  All that is white supremacy and racism with them.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Sort of like..

Nazis

Racists

Ya OK...I get it.

Sort of like, exactly like I said and you are one of those whining about elitists. Cannot be better in life so everyone else is an elitist. What a loser and loser comment.

What an F'n clown. LOL

All you got is calling people nazi and racist. You have zero, (and if there was less than zero you would qualify) credibility. A one trick pony and it is a lousy trick.

Edited by ExFlyer

9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

the main thing you & I disagree upon

is that you think there is some distinct "Canadian" national identity

you're not British, you're not French, and you're not American neither

but being a student of Canadian history, I think that just renders you into a de facto American by default

because if you're not British & you're not French, then you basically live in America by default

you live in an American protectorate, a colony of America, which is run by the Americans for you

I don't live in America.  America provides myself and many other countries with military security, and I'm very grateful, but they don't tell Canadians what do to in terms of domestic policy.  They have no rule over me.

I do think there's a Canadian identity, even if for some it's weak, but there's other aspects to everyone identity other than "Canadian".  I'm an anglo Canadian, for instance.  I'm not a French Canadian, but we're both Canadian.

I don't think anyone needs to give up their ethnic culture, but politically when a Canadian swears allegiance to the Queen of Canada and their heirs & successors it means that when push comes to shove they should politically support Canada over any other sovereign country.  If you have a conflict of interest you shouldn't take the oath, and dual citizenship shouldn't exist.

You're free to think of Canada however you choose.

Edited by Moonlight Graham