Daily house of commons question period chat

Jack9000

12 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Daily house of commons question period is just to allow back benchers to get facetime and their names in Hansard.

A waste of time and effort but it gets the MP's dinner paid for.

true I usually just listen to the leaders and few ministers talk after that it gets kinda pointless to listen to soo interesting for like 20mins ish lol

This is just as good an imitation of democracy as any almost a millennium since it was invented. A plain dumb and useless pantomime where questions do not matter and answers are hardly ever given. You pay for it out of your pocket no questions or agreement necessary, but thank you for asking.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:38 PM, ExFlyer said:

Daily house of commons question period is just to allow back benchers to get facetime and their names in Hansard.

A waste of time and effort but it gets the MP's dinner paid for.

A long time ago I used to read Hansard. The questions tended to be clever but pointed. The answers - and there were answers - were often quite shrewdly put. There was banter, but intelligent banter between groups of people who competed but didn't hold each other in contempt. Pierre Trudeau was so far out of his son's league it's sad to watch the latter. So I try to avoid doing so.

58 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

A long time ago I used to read Hansard. The questions tended to be clever but pointed. The answers - and there were answers - were often quite shrewdly put. There was banter, but intelligent banter between groups of people who competed but didn't hold each other in contempt. Pierre Trudeau was so far out of his son's league it's sad to watch the latter. So I try to avoid doing so.

I know a Parliamentary Clerk. I stopped reading Hansard when he told me he was moved into the Hansard editing office where they edit and clean up and "gloss" the texts.

He said the Hansard is far from verbatim and is very often "enhanced" to make the orators look good.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:02 AM, Jack9000 said:

noticed we didn't seem to have a topic for daily house of commons question period that takes place so made one.. today will be pierres debut as leader stay tuned to watch him make an ass of himself like usual?

Your fear is showing again . . . . wet spot in the front of your Winners slacks?  Speaking of slack's, did you get a job yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1