I solved the carbon issue in Canada

My point is Carbon and Carbon dioxide are not the same thing. Just as Hydrogen and H2O, water are not the same thing.

Why? Are you trying to prove my other point as to how some are numb in the skull?

Here, I'll try again to show you the difference between Carbon and Carbon Dioxide. See the below:

Carbon-58ebecc85f9b58ef7e8a1ce4.jpg

That's carbon.

Now breath out. What you see there is Carbon Dioxide. See the difference?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

And you can't have water without hydrogen. Does that mean you can put out a fire with hydrogen? Feel free to try it.

Can you imagine reaching the high oxygen environment that these folks seem to be aiming for?

The Carboniferous Period had oxygen levels in the 35% range or something akin to that. Lightning strikes would have been spectacular...and bomb-like destructive.

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

My point is Carbon and Carbon dioxide are not the same thing. Just as Hydrogen and H2O, water are not the same thing.

Why? Are you trying to prove my other point as to how some are numb in the skull?

Here, I'll try again to show you the difference between Carbon and Carbon Dioxide. See the below:

Carbon-58ebecc85f9b58ef7e8a1ce4.jpg

That's carbon.

Now breath out. What you see there is Carbon Dioxide. See the difference?

Water vapour is also a greenhouse gas,. 

Just now, Aristides said:

Water vapour is a greenhouse gas produced by burning fossil fuels. Because of its short life in the atmosphere it is not a big contributor to warming. 

I needn't remind an astute fellow like yourself that oxygen is a very poor greenhouse gas.

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Back atcha.

What's my point, you mean?

Why? How many times will you be needing to hear it before it penetrates?

Oh well...let's try one more.

Carbon is not the same thing as Carbon Dioxide. One is actual pollution in the air. The other is not. Your insistence on calling carbon dioxide carbon is nothing more than a lame attempt at deception.

Edited by Infidel Dog

The only way to start solving the issue is to shoot everyone that denies there is one. Ignoring them in the hope they'll go away isn't working.

They're enough to even give the Trudeau's of the world reason to drag their heels on the need for action.  Denial is like friction between two plates where wheels with grease are called for. 

Edited by eyeball

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The only way to start solving the issue is to shoot everyone that denies there is one. Ignoring them in the hope they'll go away isn't working.

They're enough to even give the Trudeau's of the world reason to drag their heels on the need for action.  Denial is like friction between two plates where wheels with grease are called for. 

Climate action is for suckers.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I wouldn’t mind Canada getting a few degrees warmer anyway.  We can build dams.  

People tend to ignore the Sun...sitting out there 90+ million miles away. It's just a Type G2V yellow dwarf but it's still pretty darn big at nearly a million miles diameter. We know little about it really other than the basics. One has to figure that this much energy is going to be factor #1 in any planet's climate. Heh...look at Venus...look at Mars. Opposites...yet CO2 is still the main element in both planets' atmospheres...at vastly differing pressures...one further in...one farther out....driven almost entirely by the Sun. Almost meaning the odd meteor impact or vulcanism.

But let's ignore the Sun and take a look at your SUV....

?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

People tend to ignore the Sun...sitting out there 90+ million miles away. It's just a Type G2V yellow dwarf but it's still pretty darn big at nearly a million miles diameter. We know little about it really other than the basics. One has to figure that this much energy is going to be factor #1 in any planet's climate. Heh...look at Venus...look at Mars. Opposites...yet CO2 is still the main element in both planets' atmospheres...at vastly differing pressures...one further in...one farther out....driven almost entirely by the Sun. Almost meaning the odd meteor impact or vulcanism.

But let's ignore the Sun and take a look at your SUV....

?

It's like you're saying not doing something about the sun misses the point of taking action.

This is friction at its best.

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It isn't wet either so go breath some water.

Oxygen is poor at retaining heat. On Earth the balance is fine enough that a relatively small increase in the global percentage vs greenhouse gases leads to an ice age. In our very distant past, Earth experienced an ice age so long and cold that it froze from pole to pole by all evidence.

Is an ice age gonna get us all??? No, of course not...these things take a LONG time to get going. Future you perhaps...the Middle Ages apparently had a mini-ice age by accounts which was preceded by a long period of warmth that allowed early civilizations in the first place.

As I've argued before, if a country like Canada really wants to assist in stemming any perceived global climate change, get everybody to plant some trees. Let's say a dozen...we could make it a weekend.

But frankly, the problem isn't any individual and his SUV or what not. As the WEF are fond of pointing-out in their lectures, there are too many people. We need to reach a net negative and reduce our population over a few generations. How do we do that? Well...there's the real problem, eh? Birth control availability (and sanction) sure helped the West and other advanced societies reach a net negative for which they now pay the price since the rest did not. Oooops.

But enough of me. What's your solution? Buy an expensive EV?

?

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Oxygen is poor at retaining heat. On Earth the balance is fine enough that a relatively small increase in the global percentage vs greenhouse gases leads to an ice age. In our very distant past, Earth experienced an ice age so long and cold that it froze from pole to pole by all evidence.

Is an ice age gonna get us all??? No, of course not...these things take a LONG time to get going. Future you perhaps...the Middle Ages apparently had a mini-ice age by accounts which was preceded by a long period of warmth that allowed early civilizations in the first place.

As I've argued before, if a country like Canada really wants to assist in stemming any perceived global climate change, get everybody to plant some trees. Let's say a dozen...we could make it a weekend.

But frankly, the problem isn't any individual and his SUV or what not. As the WEF are fond of pointing-out in their lectures, there are too many people. We need to reach a net negative and reduce our population over a few generations. How do we do that? Well...there's the real problem, eh? Birth control availability (and sanction) sure helped the West and other advanced societies reach a net negative for which they now pay the price since the rest did not. Oooops.

But enough of me. What's your solution? Buy an expensive EV?

?

Learn the difference between an element and a compound. Compounds have characteristics that are totally different from the individual elements that make them up.

Sulfur, hydrogen and oxygen are all pretty benign, mix them together and you have sulphuric acid. Go drink a litre of that.

3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

1. Climate Change and Climate Catastrophism are 2 different things. When you try to equate one with the other you're being intentionally evasive or just ignorant. Take your pick.

2. Again you're pretending not to know something I know you do know. Every winter we hear about extreme cold weather somewhere. 

3. On this one I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't know any better and aren't just pretending to be ignorant. There are hundreds of climate models, perhaps thousands. It they want to claim accuracy they can find a few that come close if certain conditions are applied or if they backcast. But as far as the models they use to convince the gullibles warmageddon is coming, those don't even come close to what happened with the actual climate.

Here they are in a bunch judged against actual temperatures as gathered by satellite.

24.jpg

4. Do you mean you want a cite that the arctic ice started to return this year? Try this one from the Danish Meteorological Institute:

https://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/icecover.uk.php

5. Or do you mean you want examples of failed climate predictions  including the well known one that arctic ice would disappear in the Summer?

D\There are many examples of the Ice Free arctic by greenhouse gases prediction and many more that just predict the results of such a mass melt. My favorite was the one from NASA GISS head Jim Hansen who was predicting the flooding of Manhattan (something like that anyway) a decade or so ago.

But here's one for you:

37.jpg

1. I'm not talking about the second thing...  You brought up Al Gore not me.
2. "Every winter we hear about something" Of course there are record cold temps every year but more heat records broken than cold records...
3. Can I have a link to the source ?
4. Why would somebody pick 2017-2021 or whatever ?  I was curious and so I went to Google and grabbed the FIRST reputable source (NASA) that had an Arctic sea ice graph.  No cherry picking.    Indeed the last few years have looked good.  Not so much the last 50 thought.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/arctic-sea-ice/

swLaXjR.png 

5. Sure, yes please post it.  I think scientists are ok with being wrong... the sea ice thing is definitely something to look at.  But overall they have been pretty accurate about what is happening, especially if you look at what dime store critics have said for years...