I'M ANGRY! And, rightly so!

betsy

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't, no.

Then why don't you try to find the time when Trudeau took questions from a Rebel News reporter. Sure, Rebel gets dumped on all the time by MSM liars like CTV and CBC, but Rebel doesn't lie like CNN and WashPo, and Trump took questions from CNN regularly. 

Or why don't you find the time when Trudeau answered the question that he was asked instead of going off on a tangent?

Why don't you find me some examples of Biden holding a press conference and giving a Fox News reporter a chance to ask him a question?

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-01-09/biden-shied-away-from-news-conferences-interviews-in-year-1

Former President Donald Trump, who regularly pilloried the media, did 92 interviews in his first year in office, more than two dozen of those with friendly interlocutors at Fox News. But Trump also held lengthy sessions with ABC News, The Associated Press, the New York Times, Reuters and other outlets whose coverage he impugned throughout his presidency.

Biden's 22 media interviews have included one-on-one sessions with journalists at three of the major television networks, three CNN town halls, an appearance on MSNBC, a trio of regional television interviews via Zoom, as well as conversations with late night host Jimmy Fallon and ESPN'S Sage Steele. He's given just three print interviews.

Biden is a meek little coward who won't take any questions from Fox News at all.

His Q&A sessions with reporters are extremely brief, they should only count as 1/4 sessions if we're being honest, and in the few very brief sessions that he has had, he's been an angry little liar.

Anyways, you do know exactly what I'm talking about, you're just to small of a person to admit it.

9 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Before starting, Mr. Poillievre announced he would not be answering any questions. Like the debate, he is scared he will have to actually add some subtance to the empty slogans he has been relying on. It is ironic that he would accuse somebody (anybody) od being a liberal. Mr. Pollievre is a clone of Justin Trudeau. He is all show and no substance. 

1. He says he will cut taxes. How? Is he planning to run a larger deficit like Prime Minister Harper did?

2. He complains it takes too long to get a passport. Sure. Everybody knows that including the government. But how will he fix it. Maybe he can sell them to anyone at a bitcoin vending machine. James Earl Ray??? There is a reason it is taking too long.

3. Unaffordable housing. The places people want to live have run out of room. There are more people than housing, and no place to put new homes, unless you want a three hour commute to work.

4. He is going to solve the problem of gifting Alberta's oil to China. Alberta wants to run pipelines through BC and Quebec. Those two provinces don't want it. Alberta gets the money and Quebec and BC get the bills ($ billions) to clean up the spills. He ignores the fact that the oil also belongs to millions of Albertans who haven't been born yet. 

5. He says he will fire the Governor of the Bank of Canada. Now, what does he suppose the reation in the international financial world would be if Canada politicizes the BoC? Add that to the adoption of crypto-currency? How do you spell economic collapse?

Like his twin, Justin, Pierre is all slogans and will do exactly what the Liberal government is doing now. Why? Because any capable minister will take the advice to the professional civil service. The government has advisors who have a lot more experience than Mr. Pollievre. Like Prime Minister Trudeau, if Mr. Poillievre becomes Prime Minister, he will listen to the professionals who know what they are talking about. I believe he will. He is a smart guy. Nice hair, too.

I

As to your 4th point, I'm not aware of Quebec ever ending up with bills thanks to Alberta oil. It's safe to say that Quebec has in fact benefitted enormously from Alberta oil over many decades.

27 minutes ago, ironstone said:

It's safe to say that Quebec has in fact benefitted enormously from Alberta oil over many decades.

Isn’t that why we’re a country?  It’s as much BC’s oil as it is Alberta’s.  Just like BC’s ports are Alberta’s ports.  

Alberta benefits enormously from BC ports to bring in and export goods.  BC doesn’t charge Alberta for the privilege.   Nor does BC hang it over Alberta’s heads as if they’re just lucky BC allows them the use of their ports.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Isn’t that why we’re a country?  It’s as much BC’s oil as it is Alberta’s.  Just like BC’s ports are Alberta’s ports.  

Alberta benefits enormously from BC ports to bring in and export goods.  BC doesn’t charge Alberta for the privilege.   Nor does BC hang it over Alberta’s heads as if they’re just lucky BC allows them the use of their ports.   

If Alberta separated, BC would be isolated from the rest of Canada and the rest of the country would be isolated from the Pacific, including Alberta. We need to decide whether we are a country or not.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Western separation wasn't a big topic until Hitler V2.0 got elected here. 

The Bloc Quebecois tripled the size of their party since Hitler V2.0 got elected here. 

Alberta separation has been an issue on and off since the 1930's.

Hitler V2.0.  One of the dumbest things ever posted and an insult to every one of his millions of victims.

Edited by Aristides

3 hours ago, ironstone said:

As to your 4th point, I'm not aware of Quebec ever ending up with bills thanks to Alberta oil. It's safe to say that Quebec has in fact benefitted enormously from Alberta oil over many decades.

The point in #4 is that BC and Quebec have said they don't want more pipelines. We have to wonder why their stance is less important than Alberta's. Also, the US doesn't want it. It would make good business sense to conserve the oil in Alberta for a time when they have all the oil left in the world. Then they can charge what it is really worth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The point in #4 is that BC and Quebec have said they don't want more pipelines. We have to wonder why their stance is less important than Alberta's. Also, the US doesn't want it. It would make good business sense to conserve the oil in Alberta for a time when they have all the oil left in the world. Then they can charge what it is really worth.

It's our biggest export, how do you propose to replace that income until this happens?

BC and Quebec opposition to pipelines is ideological. The US wants us to be a captive supplier without access to other markets. 

9 hours ago, Aristides said:

It's our biggest export, how do you propose to replace that income until this happens?

Export nuclear power.

What are we supposed to do when the oil runs out. The oil also belongs to future generations. At the moment, we are virtually giving our oil away. We are selling off future Albertans' birthright.

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Export nuclear power.

What are we supposed to do when the oil runs out. The oil also belongs to future generations. At the moment, we are virtually giving our oil away. We are selling off future Albertans' birthright.

We need refineries.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

We need refineries.

How do you propose we ensure there will be oil for future generations of Canadians? We will run out eventually, but we have an obligation to our descendants to make it last as long as possible. 

Eventually we will be able to use thorium, but in the meantime we need to replace fossil fuels with unrainium. That will more than compensate the shut down of oil exports. When the US, Russia and the Middle East run out of viable petroleum, Alberta's oil will still be there for Canadians.

Sorry, thread drift. My bad.

Edited by Queenmandy85

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

How do you propose we ensure there will be oil for future generations of Canadians? We will run out eventually, but we have an obligation to our descendants to make it last as long as possible. 

Eventually we will be able to use thorium, but in the meantime we need to replace fossil fuels with unrainium. That will more than compensate the shut down of oil exports. When the US, Russia and the Middle East run out of viable petroleum, Alberta's oil will still be there for Canadians.

There's lots of oil  and gas. Getting at it is the trick.

You're right about just giving it away. We should be doing the refining right here in Canada. Instead, our capacity to do that is pretty much a joke.

Thorium shows promise but I understand there are some issues with the complexity of it all cycle-wise making it nonviable financially for the foreseeable future. Better get to researching BIG now re: Thorium.

On 9/15/2022 at 5:19 AM, betsy said:

Who the heck voted for this GLOBAL NEWS  idiot - David Aikin - to censor what I'm trying to hear? 

I want to hear what Poilievre was going to say, not some freakin undisciplined and unethical trashy reporter from Global News yapping it up - disrupting and being disrespectful not only to Poilievre, but especially to................................. ME - the viewer!

Mr. Poilievre probably would have been better off not saying anything. This was his second stumble out of the gate. The attacks on Mr. Rayes was the first. I saw a photo of Justin and Pierre shaking hands. The look on Justin's face was priceless..."Hello Breakfast."

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Mr. Poilievre probably would have been better off not saying anything. This was his second stumble out of the gate. The attacks on Mr. Rayes was the first. I saw a photo of Justin and Pierre shaking hands. The look on Justin's face was priceless..."Hello Breakfast."

Hello Breakfast? Hardly. Those two have been opponents for years.

The reporter has since apologized for his poor behavior.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

Evasiveness from politicians appears to be universal and I think that combined with the docility of reporters is the root cause of the proliferation of fake news.

In the absence of factual news media resorts to embellishing and exaggerating what is been given and everything is reduced to shit that no one buys or sells without getting a bunch on them in the process.

The root cause of people turning to fake news is that every media outlet is not just determined to report the news but to persuade us to their narrative, whatever that narrative might be. The mainstream media won't deliberately tell an untruth, but they don't have any issue with lying by omission. They will tell you the parts of the story that will make you lean towards their narrative, if possible, and try to avoid the parts which could persuade you to lean the other way. They will also quote selected people - the ones that further their narrative, and not the others. It will cover things out of proportion to their news value to continually poke at you to agree with their views. And it will do stories specifically based on getting your agreement with their views. Through all of this the mainstream media has engendered a lot of doubts about the accuracy and truthfulness of the news they present,

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

1. The mainstream media won't deliberately tell an untruth, but they don't have any issue with lying by omission. They will tell you the parts of the story that will make you lean towards their narrative,

2. Through all of this the mainstream media has lost a lot of doubts about the accuracy and truthfulness of the news they present,

1. Perhaps but the other aspect people don't realize is that ideology transmits messages passively.  If you believe that white people are superior, the poor are victims of capitalism, or unicorns are everywhere you don't have to SAY it, it comes through as carry-on baggage.  Professor Noam Chomsky - an actual Marxist or close - actually explained this in the film Manufacturing Consent.  The NY Times is more complicit in maintaining the established order than being "liberal" or whatnot but you have to look between the lines to see it.

This essentially postmodern stance has been exploited by foreign actors who want to leverage populism to destabilize democracies.  

That which doesn't kill us, though, makes us stronger.  Open societies will be able to respond, IMO.

2. Agreed, but the most receptive audience to this is no longer academics or campus leftists but today is hare-brained reactionaries who don't realize FOX is mainstream and are more easily manipulated than the average citizen.

10 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Alberta has a valuable commodity that they have great difficulty getting to market thanks in no small part to opposition from radical environmentalists in this country. Unfortunately many of those radicals are in positions of power and those that aren't are not afraid to use violence to stop oil and gas production.

I do remember BC residents complaining about the high price of fuel this year but Quebec takes the cake for hypocrisy. Nobody in Canada can seriously suggest that Quebec's stance on anything would be less than Alberta's. All federal political parties cater to that province big time.

BC and Quebec still have a need for oil and gas and they seem perfectly fine with foreign oil coming over in massive tankers.

The video in OP is really ridiculous. In contrast, Justin Trudeau and many left wing/centrist leaders across the board in Canada or in the US are treated like princesses, except when it comes to maybe Rebel News which is so fringe that it has almost no weight in the game. This is a really hostile press, and I think Poilievre should just double down on it, and keep it this way. It gives sympathy toward him.

12 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I wonder if at any time in the past he has ever treated any member of the Liberals of the NDP in this fashion.

3 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

1. I think Poilievre should just double down on it, and keep it this way. It gives sympathy toward him.

1. Clearly his strategy is to antagonize them for advantage.

I don't care one way or another.  I don't feel that the "press" gives Trudeau a pass as they have gone after him in damaging ways such as blackface, Jody Wilson-Raybould, and Truth & Reconcilliation Day hooky.  But I also agree that their reaction to Poilievre is predictable and hack.

As Oscar Wilde said "the worst sin is being boring".

I think "Poilievre is Hitler everybody" will fail just as Martin's 'tanks in the streets' did and Campbell's "Chretien is ugly" did... but asking specifics around what Poilievre will do with equalization payments, freedom of speech, the environment, and the economy is fair.