I'M ANGRY! And, rightly so!

betsy

6 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I think I used to watch him on Sun Media when it was still on TV.

He's kind of a Michael Hardner conservative. You know...the kind of Conservative that isn't. 

The kind who knows the difference between a Liberal and a Marxist.... 

I don't put on a Mexican wrestling mask when I come on here...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Fair enough, but if you like "In your face" journalism (I don't, really) then you have to condemn Global for going after Poilievre AND Trudeau on a beach having private time with his family.  And you have to condemn scum rag The Rebel, although it's easier there because they don't have any substance.

True conservatives have principles.  If you make a rule, your team has to follow it too.

Lol - I can't condemn the REBEL, because I don't follow Rebel News.  We used to have FOX News way back - the only right-wing channel.  What happened?

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, betsy said:

Lol - I can't condemn the REBEL, because I don't follow Rebel News.  We used to have FOX News way back - the only right-wing channel.  What happened?

According to Rebel yesterday (14th), Trudeau has kicked-off the silencing of the independent media.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Fair enough, but if you like "In your face" journalism (I don't, really) then you have to condemn Global for going after Poilievre AND Trudeau on a beach having private time with his family.  And you have to condemn scum rag The Rebel, although it's easier there because they don't have any substance.

True conservatives have principles.  If you make a rule, your team has to follow it too.

What the hell would a Libbie shill like you, know about true conservatives?

• Like 2

Remember during the Tea Party days when that Union Rep type came down to one rally wearing a leather jacket with nazi insignias all over it but the organizers were ready for that sort of thing, so they followed him around until he left with a sign over his head, "Not one of us."

That's what this David Akin thing reminds me of.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

The disruption was intentional. So the obvious question is why. Why would he do that?

My only guess would to be to try and anger Pierre into saying something damaging...anything.

All they got was "Liberal Heckler"...so they're running with that football.

23 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

The disruption was intentional. So the obvious question is why. Why would he do that?

To openly exhibit his discontent and lack of respect.

In other words...to virtue-signal.

'Over here corporate money and power! I'm on your side and want funding...or a better job...or something!'

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Pierre mentioned "two questions" well after the interruptions started.

Then the interruptions worked?  PP was cajoled and guilted into actually taking a couple questions. 

If this is what the media has to do to actually have him take questions after his canned statements, then maybe this needs to happen more often. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Pierre mentioned "two questions" well after the interruptions started.

Either way...nobody will remember by tomorrow.

No they won't. But PP has drawn the lines, he's no friend of the MSM. So he better hope he can build sizeable support where most of the Media people consume will portray him as the dipshit he is. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

Just now, TreeBeard said:

Then the interruptions worked?  PP was cajoled and guilted into actually taking a couple questions. 

If this is what the media has to do to actually have him take questions after his canned statements, then maybe this needs to happen more often. 

Only you suggest he wasn't going to take questions when reporters have obviously gathered to see him.

1 minute ago, Boges said:

No they won't but PP has drawn the lines, he's no friend of the MSM, so he better hope he can build sizeable support where most of the Media people consume will portray him as the dipshit he is. 

Trudeau's state media will do as they are instructed.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Only you suggest he wasn't going to take questions when reporters have obviously gathered to see him.

The reporters gathered were told this prior to the statement.  Did you not know that part of the story?  
The reporter did his job…. cajoled him into answering media questions, even if it was a very limited amount.  Maybe with more cajoling, PP will answer a few more next time?

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2022/09/15/opinion/who-calls-press-conference-then-tells-reporters-no-questions-poilievre

Before the news conference started, reporters had been told there would be no questions, but Akin asked questions anyway, shouting them out from the floor, drowning out Poilievre’s statement.

At first, Poilievre tried to brush it off as a joke, saying a “liberal heckler” must have shown up. Then he pushed back saying he’d never heard Akin interrupt the prime minister this way. Finally, Poilievre capitulated under pressure and agreed he’d allow two questions from the media. He then restarted his speech without further interruption.

• Like 1

Mr. PoiLievre should talk to Joe Clark about how not to last as a Prime Minister.

Joe promised to move the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. His advisors said don't do it. (He tried to do it)

Joe promised to eliminate the Trudeau / Turner deficit. His advisors said don't do it. (He tried to do it)

Jean Chretien promised to axe the GST. His advisors said don't do it. (he didn't)

Who lasted longer?

Just now, TreeBeard said:

The reporters gathered were told this prior to the statement.  Did you not know that part of the story?  
The reporter did his job…. cajoled him into answering media questions, even if it was a very limited amount.  Maybe with more cajoling, PP will answer a few more next time?

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2022/09/15/opinion/who-calls-press-conference-then-tells-reporters-no-questions-poilievre

Before the news conference started, reporters had been told there would be no questions, but Akin asked questions anyway, shouting them out from the floor, drowning out Poilievre’s statement.

At first, Poilievre tried to brush it off as a joke, saying a “liberal heckler” must have shown up. Then he pushed back saying he’d never heard Akin interrupt the prime minister this way. Finally, Poilievre capitulated under pressure and agreed he’d allow two questions from the media. He then restarted his speech without further interruption.

I really think it's a mountain out of a molehill.

But if it is the hill you're going to die on...have at it.

31 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

My only guess would to be to try and anger Pierre into saying something damaging...anything.

All they got was "Liberal Heckler"...so they're running with that football.

Yep.  That's what they're trying to do.  Pierre knows it too, that's why he refuses to answer questions.

Just now, betsy said:

Yep.  That's what they're trying to do.  Pierre knows it too, that's why he refuses to answer questions.

I'm just wondering it what world some people live-in where they still get their "news" from Global. No wonder Trudeau want all the independent media eliminated. Force us all to watch his crappy state-run news.

Have you seen these upstarts? Indo-Canadian news. They no-likee Mr Trudeau.

TFIGlobal - Canada