I'M ANGRY! And, rightly so!

betsy

And all those "talking heads" on CTV with Evan Solomon - who shallowly say, "yes David Aiken went out of line.....but, he apologised for it."  And then get this, they freakin' focused on the fact that Poilievre called Akin a "LIBERAL HECKLER!"

Why wouldn't Poilievre think and say that?   I thought that myself - without being told!  That's how it looked like on tv, oh you talking idiots!

That's their issue!  The talking heads nimbly turned the situation around to focus the attack on Poilievre instead.

And they wonder why people have lost trust in  the media?    Hello?

You treat us like idiots!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 4

Akin tries to justify: "WE all want to hear politicians answer questions....."  It depends on the quality of the question, and the motive for the question.

Viewers aren't as ignorant as they used to be, Mr Akin.  We can tell who's a true journalist - working by the ethics that's a standard for journalism.

And of course.....viewers are used to hearing the delivery of the message  before any questions.  Questions come AFTER.   That's how it's done. Have you got that?

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

The talking heads complain, Polievre has avoided the press gallery!

BRAVO, PIERRE!   Keep doing so.

Just focus on social media to get your message across. 

There's no difference between social media and the press gallery anyway - they deliver disinformation as bad as social media.

We have to do our own research  -  to know what is truth, or fake news!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

ye the reporter being a  jerk but pierre automatically accusing someone of being  liberal heckler is a bad look.. whats he gonna do every person who disagrees with him on something yell your a liberal leave me alone!? the guy melted under the first sign of pressure lmao..  

Edited by Jack9000

1 hour ago, Jack9000 said:

ye the reporter being a  jerk but pierre automatically accusing someone of being  liberal heckler is a bad look.. whats he gonna do every person who disagrees with him on something yell your a liberal leave me alone!? the guy melted under the first sign of pressure lmao..  

Like some of the posters here??  LOL

• Like 1

Before starting, Mr. Poillievre announced he would not be answering any questions. Like the debate, he is scared he will have to actually add some subtance to the empty slogans he has been relying on. It is ironic that he would accuse somebody (anybody) od being a liberal. Mr. Pollievre is a clone of Justin Trudeau. He is all show and no substance. 

1. He says he will cut taxes. How? Is he planning to run a larger deficit like Prime Minister Harper did?

2. He complains it takes too long to get a passport. Sure. Everybody knows that including the government. But how will he fix it. Maybe he can sell them to anyone at a bitcoin vending machine. James Earl Ray??? There is a reason it is taking too long.

3. Unaffordable housing. The places people want to live have run out of room. There are more people than housing, and no place to put new homes, unless you want a three hour commute to work.

4. He is going to solve the problem of gifting Alberta's oil to China. Alberta wants to run pipelines through BC and Quebec. Those two provinces don't want it. Alberta gets the money and Quebec and BC get the bills ($ billions) to clean up the spills. He ignores the fact that the oil also belongs to millions of Albertans who haven't been born yet. 

5. He says he will fire the Governor of the Bank of Canada. Now, what does he suppose the reation in the international financial world would be if Canada politicizes the BoC? Add that to the adoption of crypto-currency? How do you spell economic collapse?

Like his twin, Justin, Pierre is all slogans and will do exactly what the Liberal government is doing now. Why? Because any capable minister will take the advice to the professional civil service. The government has advisors who have a lot more experience than Mr. Pollievre. Like Prime Minister Trudeau, if Mr. Poillievre becomes Prime Minister, he will listen to the professionals who know what they are talking about. I believe he will. He is a smart guy. Nice hair, too.

I

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, betsy said:

....with CENSORSHIP! 

I'm sick and tired of it!  Livid with being held hostage by a mostly biased, if not leftist propaganda Liberal  or ANTI-CONSERVATIVE machines!

Have you apologised to Mr Poilievre?

Leftists are repugnant hypocrites.

They are just ducky with Trudeau and Biden refusing to talk to non-sycophant reporters, or in Biden's case to any reporters at all, but they also feel like it's ok for leftist reporters to interrupt conservative leaders and shout rude questions all the time. Trump took more questions from Joe Accoster in one month than Biden will take from Peter Ducey in 4 years.  

Just get used to being the adult in the room when you're dealing with leftists. Lower the bar and don't be surprised when they slither under it. 

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It was a fair and accurate comment, not an 'accusation'.

If I was conspiracy minded, I’d say he was put up to it by Conservatives so they could say “see?  See?  Media bad!  Send us money”!

But they wouldn’t do that…. would they?  Naw….  Or would they?  Hey, I’m just asking questions.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c9d64ebaff1642c1335d25cbc3cb4794.jpeg

(I’m really starting to fit in on this forum!  How’s my tinfoil hat look?)

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

1. He says he will cut taxes. How? Is he planning to run a larger deficit like Prime Minister Harper did?

Simple, he doesn't have to give away and spend money like Trudeau did.

2. He complains it takes too long to get a passport. Sure. Everybody knows that including the government. But how will he fix it. Maybe he can sell them to anyone at a bitcoin vending machine. James Earl Ray??? There is a reason it is taking too long.

Re-Issuing passports shouldn't take much time at all. God knows this government can print dollar bills and gov't cheques fast enough, and their screening process on that front is very lax.

3. Unaffordable housing. The places people want to live have run out of room. There are more people than housing, and no place to put new homes, unless you want a three hour commute to work.

Maybe a reasonable amount of immigration, and a border, will help with that. 

4. He is going to solve the problem of gifting Alberta's oil to China. Alberta wants to rum pipelines through BC and Quebec. Those two provinces do't want it. Alberta gets the money and Quebec and BC get the bills ($ billions) to clean up the spills. He ignores that oil also belongs to millions of Albertans who haven't been born yet. 

BC and Quebec already have pipelines. They also have foreign tankers cruising through their pristine tidewaters. Tey also burn tons of oil and gas, like everyone else. Their voters (the ones who work) also complain about high gas prices and carbon taxes. The politicians are just posturing for their woketard voters. 

5. He says he will fire the Governor of the Bank of Canada. Now, what does he suppose the reation in the international financial world would be if Canada politicizes the BoC? Add that to the adoption of crypto-currency? How do you spell economic collapse?

Who says that he'd be "politicizing" the BoC? You?

Like his twin, Justin, Pierre

You'd probably bristle at comparisons to Clifford Olson for the same reasons that PP wouldn't like being called Justin's twin. In case you missed it, our current PM is an ethically challenged scumbag and a fascist. 

Because any capable minister will take the advice to the professional civil service. The government ha advisors who have a lot more experience than Mr. Pollievre. Like Prime Minister Trudeau, if Mr. Poillievre becomes Prime Minister, he will listen to the professionals who know what they are talking about.

You don't know what you're talking about. 

6 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

If I was conspiracy minded, I’d say he was put up to it by Conservatives so they could say “see?  See?  Media bad!  Send us money”!

But they wouldn’t do that…. would they?  Naw….  Or would they?  Hey, I’m just asking questions.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c9d64ebaff1642c1335d25cbc3cb4794.jpeg

(I’m really starting to fit in on this forum!  How’s my tinfoil hat look?)

Not sure what your point is.

Poilievre was correct to question the media. In case you've forgotten, Trudeau gave them billions of dollars recently, and right around election time, every time. 

Your tinfoil hat looks just fine I guess? It's a leftist trend, so only you guys are a good judge of them. 

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

His behavior during Pierre Poilievre's speech was quite a$$hole-ish.  He owes PP and the public an apology.

Maybe PP should apologize for assuming his political affiliation. 

If he doesn't want to be called SkinnyTrump, declaring a war on all MSM is not a great way to do it.