Reflections of a Born Again

betsy

On 9/14/2022 at 6:56 AM, Boges said:

Way to be a bigot. 

Showing the love of Christ by condemning people for not isolating and persecuting people with a different sexual preference. 

Quite disgusting actually. 

Different sexual preference?   Are you serious.  Have you studied what the Bible teaches about the subject before invoking the name of Christ.  His word is the Bible.  So what it teaches is what he teaches.

Actually your argument is with God, not Betsy who you falsely call names.  The love of Christ is falsely used to try to silence people who really believe what God said.   Before you step out on a limb and criticize or call someone a bigot for standing for God, Christ, and the Bible, you need to get your facts straight.  But all this is nothing new.  We know those who stand for Christ and the Bible are the targets of ridicule, smearing, scoffing, criticism, and all sorts of false accusations.  That is just par for the course because we know who runs this world.

Christ is God and God condemned homosexuality.  So trying to claim that Christ would support or agree with the practice is ludicrous.  He died on the cross to pay for the sins of man.  Those who accept him by faith and are born again receive forgiveness and will not face judgment.   I pity those who spend their time fighting against God by attacking believers.  Does anyone seriously think they can win that one?  Certainly not in the long run or in eternity.

"27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"  Hebrews 9:27 KJV

Edited by blackbird

On 9/14/2022 at 8:55 AM, Boges said:

He also said that "all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God". So for Chreeestians to cherry pick certain sins and one they cannot accept is hypocrisy. 

The Sermon on a the mount sets a moral standard that no one can hope to perfectly model. 

These are the same Chreestians who applaud Donald Trump even though he's a serial adulterer. 

When Christians vote, they have to hold their nose because they often have to vote for the lesser evil.  There are only two choices in America, Republicans or Democrats.  Democrats support killing unborn babies, they support same sex marriage and LGBTQ  whatever that might mean, open borders, and environmental madness fighting climate change.  So there is no real choice for someone who believe in the sanctity of human life and the traditional family and rejects all this woke, progressive nonsense.  The choice is clear and it's not Biden and the democrats.

Edited by blackbird

27 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

God condemned all sorts of things that you don’t think are so bad.  Like divorce.   You pick and choose the sins to be outraged over based on your personal preference.  

I've already told you an abused person need not remain in an abusive relationship.  Seems simple but you can't understand it.  If divorce is required to escape an abusive relationship, how can it be a sin?  That is not what God ordained people to suffer in a marriage and destroy their lives in.

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

I've already told you an abused person need not remain in an abusive relationship.  Seems simple but you can't understand it.  If divorce is required to escape an abusive relationship, how can it be a sin?  That is not what God ordained people to suffer in a marriage and destroy their lives in.

Yes, but you are very wishy-washy on divorce for other reasons and what God thinks about it and how we should legislate against that being allowed. 

Clearly, God does not allow divorce except under some special circumstances.   You even broaden those circumstances to “psychological abuse”, which isn’t mentioned as a reason for divorce in the bible.  
Were you divorced at any point in your life?

9 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Yes, but you are very wishy-washy on divorce for other reasons and what God thinks about it and how we should legislate against that being allowed. 

Clearly, God does not allow divorce except under some special circumstances.   You even broaden those circumstances to “psychological abuse”, which isn’t mentioned as a reason for divorce in the bible.  
Were you divorced at any point in your life?

I already gave you verses that would support divorce on the grounds of psychological abuse.  It shouldn't take much common sense to understand that unless you think psychological abuse should be ok.  Nobody in their right mind would think that is something anyone should have to put up with in their marriage or in any other personal relationship.  Abuse is a kind of hell.  Nobody should be forced to spend their lives in that situation.  God calls us to be able to live in peace with a relationship with him.  How is it possible for someone to properly be at peace with God and serve him if they are being tormented and abused by an abusive partner?

"14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15  And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16  And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. "  2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV

Marriage is to be a loving relationship where the two become one flesh, not a kind of war or situation of mental or physical abuse by one partner on the other.  Each partner is to love the other as himself or herself.  That is what God ordained marriage to be.

Edited by blackbird