SHOCKER - Poilievre goes super-WOKE !

On 9/23/2022 at 10:56 PM, Nexii said:

Poilievre is ok with LGBT, and that puts the CPC much closer to center than Liberals or NDP

CPC will win the next election, only question is whether it'll be a minority or majority government. Liberals show no sign of cutting overspending which has led to runaway inflation. By the time the next election is called the pandemic will be a distant memory, and Russia is too distant to work as a scapegoat for high living costs

Not to mention the complete collapse of our healthcare system

Global inflation dude everycountry has it 

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 5:47 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

Jack9000 . . . . These threads are full of 'what's wrong' with the present Federal Liberal government, and especially its leader and present PM Justin Trudeau. You and a handful of other posters on these threads have defended the present Federal Liberals and PM Justin Trudeau at every opportunity  . . . . 

Questions for you Jack9000:  What specifically do you find so attractive about the policies, government direction, and over-all governance of Justin Trudeau that you like and approve of?

What has Justin Trudeau done for you?

Thanks

He lowered old age to 65 again after your cons tried to make people work to 67 before retirement pension while they get one at 55 . His boosts ton child benefit has helped multiple families even though not me personally . Took care of everyone when forced to not go to work during pandemic early on by there employers .dental care he's doing next is also good.  I mean Harper did nothing but try to make average life of Canadian worse while enriching his corporation buddies .. so Trudeau doesn't have to do much to get my support over a guy who was Harper's attack dog and right hand man at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

And Japan, with negative population growth, has housing increasing above the normal inflation rate..

Liberals tried to blame Harper for the world recession in 2008 also

Harper  an a-Hole and hate his guts personally but wasn't his fault lol.  but i do remember him and i think  jim flarrety  keep denieing we were in a recession to the public until they had no choice to admit it which everyone already new...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 12:42 PM, TreeBeard said:

Were the lesbian woman and the fella with the turban the best candidates for the role of Deputy Leader?  Or were they selected, at least in part, because the new leader wants to have a more inclusive shadow cabinet?

If the latter, what do the Conservative supporters think about that?  Is this “Liberal-lite”, or just full on progressive?

It's difficult to determine the abilities or lack of abilities of Trudeau's cabinet since none of them appear to have any power to make their own decisions or set their own policy - or answer questions without the answers being supplied by the PMO.

I suspect, merely based on some of the dumb things they've said by accident, that a number of them are poor performers. But overall, they're nobodies, a herd of sheep who go where herded, say what they're told, and do what they're instructed. 

That being the case it really doesn't matter what genitals or skin colour they have. So Trudeau is maximizing his virtue points.

Edited by I am Groot

3 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

He lowered old age to 65 again after your cons tried to make people work to 67 before retirement pension while they get one at 55 . His boosts ton child benefit has helped multiple families even though not me personally . Took care of everyone when forced to not go to work during pandemic early on by there employers .dental care he's doing next is also good.  I mean Harper did nothing but try to make average life of Canadian worse while enriching his corporation buddies .. so Trudeau doesn't have to do much to get my support over a guy who was Harper's attack dog and right hand man at times.

There is so much cliché in the above it's hard to know where to start.

Just to start, in Canada, big business has been on the Liberal bandwagon for decades. For a variety of reasons the Liberals are usually in power and the corporations and rich like to be in with the powerful. Harper didn't have any corporate buddies.

And according to the parliamentary budget officer Harper's tax policy helped push down inequality.

As for the rest, raising the retirement rate to 67 for CPP was what world economists recommended in light of an aging population. The CD Howe said it would be extremely helpful in keeping the economy moving in an era of an aging population. 

Trudeau 'taking care of everyone' I translate to "borrowed lots and lots of money". Yes, and now with interest rates rising the debt is going to start eating away at the government's revenues and we'll all suffer for it. But Trudeau will be happily sunning himself down south with the Aga Khan so won't care.

Dentistry? No one has problems finding a family dentist. No one has to wait months to see an oral surgeon. Almost everyone has dental benefits from their employer, even those who work at Walmart. Those on welfare and the working poor get basic dental benefits from their municipality or their province. We don't need the federal government coming in and mucking it up.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, I am Groot said:

There is so much cliché in the above it's hard to know where to start.

Just to start, in Canada, big business has been on the Liberal bandwagon for decades. For a variety of reasons the Liberals are usually in power and the corporations and rich like to be in with the powerful. Harper didn't have any corporate buddies.

And according to the parliamentary budget officer Harper's tax policy helped push down inequality.

As for the rest, raising the retirement rate to 67 for CPP was what world economists recommended in light of an aging population. The CD Howe said it would be extremely helpful in keeping the economy moving in an era of an aging population. 

Trudeau 'taking care of everyone' I translate to "borrowed lots and lots of money". Yes, and now with interest rates rising the debt is going to start eating away at the government's revenues and we'll all suffer for it. But Trudeau will be happily sunning himself down south with the Aga Khan so won't care.

Dentistry? No one has problems finding a family dentist. No one has to wait months to see an oral surgeon. Almost everyone has dental benefits from their employer, even those who work at Walmart. Those on welfare and the working poor get basic dental benefits from their municipality or their province. We don't need the federal government coming in and mucking it up.

one of the most  useless posts  i seen on here lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/25/2022 at 3:56 AM, Jack9000 said:

Complaining what Trudeau did wrong but wanting to do same thing to liberals you just lost your whole argument lol... 

I lost no argument at all. It is you who refuses to see what the Marxist has and is still doing to Canada. So tell me? Is it okay for that Marxist in Ottawa to freeze bank accounts and credit cards okay with you? Only a communist minded corrupt Marxist politician would do such a thing in Canada. 

Maybe the same thing will happen to you one day when you liberals do something that will upset the conservative government in power and they will freeze your bank account and credit cards. Hey, the Marxist dicktator in Ottawa has started and has set up a precedent in Canada now. Tit for tat. Works for me.  ?   

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 10:37 AM, I am Groot said:

It's difficult to determine the abilities or lack of abilities of Trudeau's cabinet since none of them appear to have any power to make their own decisions or set their own policy - or answer questions without the answers being supplied by the PMO.

I suspect, merely based on some of the dumb things they've said by accident, that a number of them are poor performers. But overall, they're nobodies, a herd of sheep who go where herded, say what they're told, and do what they're instructed. 

That being the case it really doesn't matter what genitals or skin colour they have. So Trudeau is maximizing his virtue points.

I think all this can be said of Polievere.

Cabinet or shadow cabinet people do not make their own decisions or set policy, ever.

All members, regardless of party, follow their leader... like sheep.

And Polievre is also maximizing his virtue points with his appointments and announcements.

Different face, different party, same shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I think all this can be said of Polievere.

Cabinet or shadow cabinet people do not make their own decisions or set policy, ever.

All members, regardless of party, follow their leader... like sheep.

And Polievre is also maximizing his virtue points with his appointments and announcements.

Different face, different party, same shit.

Perhaps. I suspect since he's not the PM he'll have to be more open to suggestions from senior MPs. And one of the reasons he's not answering policy questions could be he wants to change policy and hasn't had a chance to. Of course, Trudeau just changed it on the fly and told his people about it afterward, but you can get away with more when you're PM.

28 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Perhaps. I suspect since he's not the PM he'll have to be more open to suggestions from senior MPs. And one of the reasons he's not answering policy questions could be he wants to change policy and hasn't had a chance to. Of course, Trudeau just changed it on the fly and told his people about it afterward, but you can get away with more when you're PM.

He, so far, looks like he is fulfilling the formula. Gay, female, black, visible minority etc.  In todays politically correct atmosphere, the most qualified or most experience don't fit the formula.

He ran on not being the old Conservative party so I don't think he will pull in too many old guard.

I think Polieveres people will also be told.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

He, so far, looks like he is fulfilling the formula. Gay, female, black, visible minority etc.  In todays politically correct atmosphere, the most qualified or most experience don't fit the formula.

He ran on not being the old Conservative party so I don't think he will pull in too many old guard.

I think Polieveres people will also be told.

Possible. Dunno. If he makes it and he sucks like Trudeau then four years later we can put in the Liberal, whoever that might be. They almost have to be better than Trudeau.

• Like 1

Just now, I am Groot said:

Possible. Dunno. If he makes it and he sucks like Trudeau then four years later we can put in the Liberal, whoever that might be. They almost have to be better than Trudeau.

The current lot seem to all smell like a Swiss ski chalet.

1 minute ago, I am Groot said:

Yeah but thing is, we Canadians seem to give political parties at least 3 terms of screwing up before we punt them put.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yeah but thing is, we Canadians seem to give political parties at least 3 terms of screwing up before we punt them put.

Then it will be our fault. Though I honestly don't expect Poilievre to be worse than Trudeau from any reasonable perspective.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Then it will be our fault. Though I honestly don't expect Poilievre to be worse than Trudeau from any reasonable perspective.

Our governments, regardless of municipal, provincial or federal are all our "fault".

Not our constitutional opening but "We the People" determine our governors..

18 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

poilievre will be worse by every perspective except for the rich and oil and gas... aka sask/alberta

This is an Americanism. Yes, in the US the putative conservatives party is definitely beholden to the rich. But that's not the situation in Canada. The Liberals are the party of the rich and corporate Canada and always have been. The rich don't want to waste their money on parties which are usually in opposition and powerless. The Liberals are in power about 80% of the time so that's where the money goes.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

This is an Americanism. Yes, in the US the putative conservatives party is definitely beholden to the rich. But that's not the situation in Canada. The Liberals are the party of the rich and corporate Canada and always have been. The rich don't want to waste their money on parties which are usually in opposition and powerless. The Liberals are in power about 80% of the time so that's where the money goes.

You are a fool if u don't think the cons are the corporation party also lol

Yea CPC won't be all that different once they get in. I can't back the NDP or the Libs on principle after the Emergency Act debacle. Trudeau would have tried to become a dictator if not for our Senate giving him a slap in the face. Thankfully democracy is finally pushing back against authoritarians like Russia.

CPC it will be unless Poilievre does something really dumb in the campaign

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

the Republican Party freed the slaves

brought the Gilded Age robber barons to heel

sent the troops in to defend Civil Rights

defeated the Soviet Union

and now are the only bulwark against the Globalist elites anywhere in the world

the Conservative Party of Canada meanwhile, are just lick spittle cronies to the Liberals

you deserve the governance you get in Canada

MAGA

• Thanks 1