SHOCKER - Poilievre goes super-WOKE !

21 minutes ago, herbie said:

Cuz ya can't answer, can ya?. Just more jargon and cliche.

Giving tax money back to the people is BAD in your book. Government providing services is just bad, no reasoning needed.

You think it’s smart to create expensive new spending programs in the midst of inflation and unprecedentedly high debt levels caused by expensive spending programs?  Lol

16 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah paranoid dummies like tech genius Elon Musk and Democrat influencer Bill Maher compared Trudeau to Hitler.  I guess we can add the word “paranoid” to the list of insults used to dismiss people who disagree with Liberal policy:

racist

misogynist

conspiracy theorist

unacceptable

paranoid

Trudeau's a vile man. No question about that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Were the lesbian woman and the fella with the turban the best candidates for the role of Deputy Leader?  Or were they selected, at least in part, because the new leader wants to have a more inclusive shadow cabinet?

If the latter...

There ya have it. You don't even know why they were chosen, you're just assuming the worst and blathering about it.

Personally I have no clue how good his picks are, but Lantsman at least had the intestinal fortitude to side with the Freedom Convoy, which is a huge plus for her, and she supported PP for leader, so she was definitely a leading contender. 

I don't know a lot about Uppal. Whatever. Good for him. We'll know what he's all about soon enough, and he's obviously a far better human than McKenna, Freeland et al.

Obviously some of the conservatives backed other leaders, and a lot of them were lacking in the courage necessary for top cabinet positions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You don't even know why they were chosen, you're just assuming the worst and blathering about it.

I said I have no problem with him picking people to be inclusive.  That’s politics.  The point is that Conservatives light their hair on fire every time Trudeau picks anyone other than a white guy for a position.  But now that Poilievre does the same thing….  crickets.  

? ? ?  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I said I have no problem with him picking people to be inclusive.   The point is that Conservatives light their hair on fire every time Trudeau picks anyone other than a white guy for a position.   

You have no point.

Conservatives do not light their hair on fire if the chosen candidate isn't white.

Where do you get this stuff . . . . . make it up as you type?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You have no point.

Conservatives do not light their hair on fire if the chosen candidate isn't white.

Where do you get this stuff . . . . . make it up as you type?  

Yeah they do.  When JT included POC and females, the prevailing whine was that he was appointing people for political points and not because they had merit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah paranoid dummies like tech genius Elon Musk and Democrat influencer Bill Maher compared Trudeau to Hitler.  I guess we can add the word “paranoid” to the list of insults used to dismiss people who disagree with Liberal policy:

racist

misogynist

conspiracy theorist

unacceptable

paranoid

No you should use the word stupid for people who do this to communicate simple disagreement.  Comparing our government and state of affairs in Canada to the most murderous regimes and individuals is ridiculous if you expect to be taken seriously.

And if you are serious then I fall to see why you shouldn't be regarded as radical and extreme. These are not qualities we want to see in whoever occupies the most powerful office in the land.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You think it’s smart to create expensive new spending programs in the midst of inflation and unprecedentedly high debt levels caused by expensive spending programs?  Lol

And you'd be shouting how they were breaking promises if they'd decided to do just that. You'd condemn them for doing what you wanted them to do, just as you do for giving tax money back to the people.

Condemn them for making a deal with the NDP, condemn them for sticking to it.

Condemn them for taxing and spending when they didn't tax more, condemn them for spending because they didn't tax more.

Move South and join the Republicans if your idea of good politics is nothing more than obstruct everything.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Comparing our government and state of affairs in Canada to the most murderous regimes and individuals is ridiculous if you expect to be taken seriously.

And if you are serious then I fall to see why you shouldn't be regarded as radical and extreme. These are not qualities we want to see in whoever occupies the most powerful office in the land.

Are you afraid of Pierre Poilievre, afraid his intelligence and enthusiasm will overwhelm your little Port Alberni welfare world?  

Afraid of anyone who will try to get Canada back on its feet again?

Your clown in Ottawa has done major damage to this country.  I consider him a traitor, and his devoted followers as fools.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I said I have no problem with him picking people to be inclusive.  That’s politics.  The point is that Conservatives light their hair on fire every time Trudeau picks anyone other than a white guy for a position.  But now that Poilievre does the same thing….  crickets.  

? ? ?  

What evidence do you have that the Conservatives are less inclusive of people of colour?  That’s total bullshit.  

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Yeah they do.  When JT included POC and females, the prevailing whine was that he was appointing people for political points and not because they had merit.  

JT’s actions speak louder than his phoney rhetoric.  Remember that little issue with the engineering firm and the Justice Minister?  Those two female MP’s certainly didn’t benefit from his brand of “feminism.”

• Like 1

IMHO, 

Alain Rayes is a better tell.

====

I have no insider info. I'm just using my own experience of life.

=====

I saw Charest the other night, stand up from his chair. Only 16%. I expected more.

Obama well said that politics is like life - but different. In life, we win and lose - but this is private. In politics, our wins and losses are public.

Edited by August1991

Obama?

Something that has always bothered me about him - more certainly his wife - is that life is not a zero-sum game.

I reckon that Barack got the idea of a positive-sum game.

=====

Trump?

He knows all about a positive-sum game - that's how he views the world.

I'm reminded of a video where Trump discusses negotiating with Senators/Congress.

President Trump pointed at the coffee table in the Oval Office and said "Negotiating with Congress is like negotiating with this table." 

Edited by August1991
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

? ? ?  

A childish strawman argument, kudos.

Trudeau picked a 50/50 cabinet which had absolutely no basis in merit whatsoever - it was just a woke joke. There's a 99% chance that our country wasn't run by the most capable people available to our PM at the time and that should matter to you. 

I'm a conservative. If I felt like he picked some lesbians to look good I'd be pretty pissed, but I'd rather have an actual conservative in an important cabinet position, who happens to be a lesbian, than Jean Charest. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 3:18 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Melissa-Lauren-Wedding533-2000x1333.jpg

Shocker of shockers - Poilievre has stacked his leadership team with TWO OF NINE members being LGBTQ2S.  This answers the question definitively whether Pierre intends to go to the centre or even... the left ?!?  I may be too conservative to vote for him at this point but I WILL KEEP AN OPEN MIND....

Also

How much GAY is in that sentence ?  OMG... it says CAUCUS and O'TOOLE !

Ok, calm down everyone... ?  Everybody please help out and pick a conservative up off the floor, thanks...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poilievre-commons-leadership-team-1.6581317

As that photo had misled me to think it was a celebration of having appointed LGBTQs and being cheered by caucus, you should point out that the photo was taken in year 2018, at the wedding of Melissa.  

Thanks for DOP for clarifying that.  The photo had been the reason for me to question if it clashes with my Christian belief - basing it on a particular Biblical verse.

So far, Poilievre hasn't done anything to promote  and endorse values that are not acceptable to a lot of Christians.  People are not being forced to accept anything that goes against their conscience.  In fact, that he's running on FREEDOM - particularly, expression -  being himself, a believer in God,  he'll also protect religious freedom/expression.  That, to me, is quite important.

That he acknowledges and admit to his stance of being progressive - being pro-choice and acceptance of same-sex marriage - that, to me, is his prerogative.  I welcome his honesty on the matter.  Like all of us, he is entitled to his free will.  That's what free will is all about. 

I have no problem that he'd appointed LGBTQs or women or whatever for his team.....hoping that it's not only done as a political convenience but as also acknowledgment of their merit.  That's how it's supposed to be - giving responsibilities thru merits.  I'd doubt he'll appoint anyone who can't meet the challenge of a portfolio, which will cause him an embarrassment. 

It is biblical to treat people equally.  To treat foreigners and immigrants living among us fairly, as we would treat our own people.

The prophet Daniel didn't have any problem serving under a PAGAN king.   However, he drew the line on worship. That is a comfort to me.

On casting my vote - for me, it is looking at the BIG PICTURE.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, betsy said:

1.  The photo had been the reason for me to question if it clashes with my Christian belief - basing it on a particular Biblical verse.

2. So far, Poilievre hasn't done anything to promote  and endorse values that are not acceptable to a lot of Christians.   

1. I'm sorry? Her dancing to celebrate a victory is not acceptable to your Christian values, but dancing at a lesbian wedding is??

2. I'm pretty sure I could find some contradictions impulse you have made on here before. But I like woke Betsy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I'm sorry? Her dancing to celebrate a victory is not acceptable to your Christian values, but dancing at a lesbian wedding is??

2. I'm pretty sure I could find some contradictions impulse you have made on here before.

I explained why.  It's not her dancing - it's the appearance of what I mistook to be the caucus celebrating the appointment of 2 LGBTQ.

But I like woke Betsy.

Lol - you can like me however you want it, Michael.  If thinking me "woke" is so important and  feels so comforting to you - hey, to each his own. If I can be of any help to your well-being.......go for it. :) 

Edited by betsy

33 minutes ago, betsy said:

1. I explained why.  It's not her dancing - it's the appearance of what I mistook to be the caucus celebrating the appointment of 2 LGBTQ.

2. .  If thinking me "woke" is so important and  feels so comforting to you - hey, to each his own. If I can be of any help to your well-being.......go for it. :) 

1. Yeah but... why is that not ok and a wedding dance is ?  Is that in the bible somehow ???
2. I'm pretty sure betsy of 20 years ago would be shocked with 2022 betsy being ok with a Lesbian 2nd in command in the Conservative party.  It's called "progress", which is a dirty word to some but not you.  Welcome to freedom.  You are finally becoming conservative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yeah but... why is that not ok and a wedding dance is ?  Is that in the bible somehow ???
2. I'm pretty sure betsy of 20 years ago would be shocked with 2022 betsy being ok with a Lesbian 2nd in command in the Conservative party.  It's called "progress", which is a dirty word to some but not you.  Welcome to freedom.  You are finally becoming conservative.

You just have to go back and read my explanation.  Go to religion section.  I think I've given the detailed explanation there.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, betsy said:

As that photo had misled me to think it was a celebration of having appointed LGBTQs and being cheered by caucus, you should point out that the photo was taken in year 2018, at the wedding of Melissa.  

Thanks for DOP for clarifying that.  The photo had been the reason for me to question if it clashes with my Christian belief - basing it on a particular Biblical verse.

So far, Poilievre hasn't done anything to promote  and endorse values that are not acceptable to a lot of Christians.  People are not being forced to accept anything that goes against their conscience.  In fact, that he's running on FREEDOM - particularly, expression -  being himself, a believer in God,  he'll also protect religious freedom/expression.  That, to me, is quite important.

That he acknowledges and admit to his stance of being progressive - being pro-choice and acceptance of same-sex marriage - that, to me, is his prerogative.  I welcome his honesty on the matter.  Like all of us, he is entitled to his free will.  That's what free will is all about. 

I have no problem that he'd appointed LGBTQs or women or whatever for his team.....hoping that it's not only done as a political convenience but as also acknowledgment of their merit.  That's how it's supposed to be - giving responsibilities thru merits.  I'd doubt he'll appoint anyone who can't meet the challenge of a portfolio, which will cause him an embarrassment. 

It is biblical to treat people equally.  To treat foreigners and immigrants living among us fairly, as we would treat our own people.

The prophet Daniel didn't have any problem serving under a PAGAN king.   However, he drew the line on worship. That is a comfort to me.

On casting my vote - for me, it is looking at the BIG PICTURE.

lol clashes with your religious beliefs? soo you got a problem with gay people eh?