SHOCKER - Poilievre goes super-WOKE !

3 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

Gst rebates and dental care is far from communist  policys just stop your bs already everything you disagree with is communist  you make a fool of yourself on here daily.

No, you support irresponsible government.  You don’t create massive new program spending when you’re critically in debt.  It’s a moral catastrophe, like trying to cure a heroin addiction with a lot more heroin.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, West said:

The arrivecan app where the government demands the ability to track you in exchange for your right to enter your own damn country is 100% right out of commie land

Yes it’s totally unacceptable.  Listening to Algabra try to justify it is an exercise in forced stupidity.  Creating new unnecessary barriers to travel for Canadians is against the interests of Canadians.  The American government treats Canadians better entering the U.S. than the Canadian government treats Canadians entering Canada.  It reminds me of visiting the Soviet Union. This is why so many Canadians are questioning what our government is up to.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Michael Hardner

Shocker of shockers - Poilievre has stacked his leadership team with TWO OF NINE members being LGBTQ2S.  This answers the question definitively whether Pierre intends to go to the centre or even... the left ?!?  I may be too conservative to vote for him at this point but I WILL KEEP AN OPEN MIND....

What's so shocking about his appointments?  

He's always been a social-progressive!   He said so in his speech:  "No matter whom you love....." 

What he's doing is grabbing the weapon of Liberals and NDP which they'll try to use against him................... and, clubbing those two parties with it. ?

That must indeed, be shocking for the two far-left parties! ?

Edited by betsy

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Melissa-Lauren-Wedding533-2000x1333.jpg

Shocker of shockers - Poilievre has stacked his leadership team with TWO OF NINE members being LGBTQ2S.  This answers the question definitively whether Pierre intends to go to the centre or even... the left ?!?  I may be too conservative to vote for him at this point but I WILL KEEP AN OPEN MIND....

But,  I do have to thank you for your OP, Michael.    That's like a splash of cold water to wake me up.  

I need to re-think this.

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

No, you support irresponsible government.  You don’t create massive new program spending when you’re critically in debt.  It’s a moral catastrophe, like trying to cure a heroin addiction with a lot more heroin.  

dental care for poorer familys has been needed for a long time its fine...

12 hours ago, herbie said:

Face it, he used you ppl to win the leadership. Now he needs to win an actual election and you're a hindrance. Surely you're not so politically ignorant to think anyone seeking to win gov't is going to promote Convoyer BS, pull down rainbow flags, stop or roll back 'wokism' or even touch the abortion issue.

At best he'll be a typical Tory, try to roll back spending and fail by cutting funds to social programs people need and want. Like cut $10 Child Care and buy an obsolete leaky battleship instead.

Excuse me but...I don't remember Poillievre trashing gay people. Do you?

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes redistribution of wealth such that the people who don’t earn money get it from the people who do is the basis of communism.  

so you solution is let the children suffer whos parents cant afford to pay for cavitys or dental appointments? stop being a clown dude.. sickening how you just want the rich to stay rich and the poor to be forgoten about.. a true right wing conservative you are.

16 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

so you solution is let the children suffer whos parents cant afford to pay for cavitys or dental appointments? stop being a clown dude.. sickening how you just want the rich to stay rich and the poor to be forgoten about.. a true right wing conservative you are.

I know you’re addicted to handouts. I don’t have a problem with paying for children’s dental if the money comes from your annual six months of E.I. It’s called pay for work.  Remember work?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I know you’re addicted to handouts. I don’t have a problem with paying for children’s dental if the money comes from your annual six months of E.I. It’s called pay for work.  Remember work?

yep I do remember work :) and goodluck  with that happening lol the liberals arnt dumb enough to touch ei fund for something like that. everytime anyone goes near it they lost every seat the following election in atlantic canada pretty much and with good reason.

1 hour ago, Jack9000 said:

^ ^ And this, coming from a deadbeat who chooses to sit on his arse for seven (7) months of the year collecting pogey . . . . 

Where do you think your 'free money' comes from?

Edited by Nefarious Banana
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Sicko, why don't you e-mail PP and ask him? 

I definitely intend to ask my local Conservative candidate when they start holding public meetings. 

It'll be interesting to see if my question makes it past the vetting process. Kind of totalitarian don't you think?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

Gst rebates and dental care is far from communist  policys just stop your bs already everything you disagree with is communist  you make a fool of yourself on here daily.

Perhaps dental care is more of a Nazi peccedillo stemming from the left's right wing.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Were the lesbian woman and the fella with the turban the best candidates for the role of Deputy Leader?  Or were they selected, at least in part, because the new leader wants to have a more inclusive shadow cabinet?

If the latter, what do the Conservative supporters think about that?  Is this “Liberal-lite”, or just full on progressive?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Were the lesbian woman and the fella with the turban the best candidates for the role of Deputy Leader?  Or were they selected, at least in part, because the new leader wants to have a more inclusive shadow cabinet?

If the latter, what do the Conservative supporters think about that?  Is this “Liberal-lite”, or just full on progressive?

That's, sort of, operating procedure for All governments. Try to portray as good a cross section of Canada in the cabinet you form. 

Lantsman is a relatively high profile MP. I see her asking Questions in QP all the time. 

She's also from the Toronto Area which is huge for the CPC. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

That's, sort of, operating procedure for All governments. Try to portray as good a cross section of Canada in the cabinet you form. 

Lantsman is a relatively high profile MP. I've seen her asking Question in QP all the time. 

She's also from the Toronto Area which is huge for the CPC. 

I agree.  Politics is not always about “merit”.  It can be politically advantageous, and smart, to pick candidates with particular backgrounds that will appeal to voters you’re targeting.  That’s reality.  

But this is something Conservative supporters have set their hair on fire over for many years.  So maybe this is progress?

It reminds me of the issue with Trudeau never having a “real job”, according to Conservatives.  Now they all support a leader who has literally never had a job outside of being a politician, and they are fine with it.  

Hypocrisy, or progress?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

IPolitics is not always about 'merit'.  It can be politically advantageous, and smart, to pick candidates with particular backgrounds that will appeal to voters you’re targeting.  .  

When Trudeau did this, and it became apparent that the chosen candidate was smarter, more qualified, and wouldn't bend to his breaking of the law . . . . he fired them, and slagged them in the press and media.

Need examples?

• Like 2

Just now, Nefarious Banana said:

When Trudeau did this, and it became apparent that the chosen candidate was smarter, more qualified, and wouldn't bend to his breaking of the law . . . . he fired them, and slagged them in the press and media.

Need examples?

Did I ask about what Trudeau did?  My post was about the Conservative supporter’s abrupt about face on issues like “merit” and “tokenism” when it is their leader that does it.  

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Your preoccupation with Nazis is disturbing.  You're sick. Seek help

I'm only preoccupied by people who insist our government and country have been taken over by commies and Nazis. I'd like some help in understanding why Poilievre would attract so many paranoid followers and of course what he has to say about them.

If Trudeau attracted pedophiles for example to his party I bet you'd be concerned.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

I'm only preoccupied by people who insist our government and country have been taken over by commies and Nazis. I'd like some help in understanding why Poilievre would attract so many paranoid followers and of course what he has to say about them.

You're confusing people that are concerned with the Federal Liberal governments over-reach into many of their affairs with your so-called 'paranoid followers' . . . . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You're confusing people that are concerned with the Federal Liberal governments over-reach into many of their affairs with your so-called 'paranoid followers' . . . . 

No I'm not. You're ignoring/sugar-coating the fact so many of Poilievre's followers equate over-reach with fascism and Trudeau with Hitler.

That's concerning given how much Canadian treasure and blood was spilled fighting Nazis and Hitler.

How much effort will be expended denazifying Canada and what will Canadian denazification look like? If Poilievre wants to dismiss these followers as idiots fine, he should do so and put the issue to bed but if he wants to sugar coat and pretend this paranoia is a nothing burger then he should do that too.

He should simply be honest about the fairly widespread paranoia that exists and acknowledge it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

No I'm not. You're ignoring/sugar-coating the fact so many of Poilievre's followers equate over-reach with fascism and Trudeau with Hitler.

That's concerning given how much Canadian treasure and blood was spilled fighting Nazis and Hitler.

How much effort will be expended denazifying Canada and what will Canadian denazification look like? If Poilievre wants to dismiss these followers as idiots fine, he should do so and put the issue to bed but if he wants to sugar coat and pretend this paranoia is a nothing burger then he should do that too.

He should simply be honest about the fairly widespread paranoia that exists and acknowledge it.

Yeah paranoid dummies like tech genius Elon Musk and Democrat influencer Bill Maher compared Trudeau to Hitler.  I guess we can add the word “paranoid” to the list of insults used to dismiss people who disagree with Liberal policy:

racist

misogynist

conspiracy theorist

unacceptable

paranoid

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2