The Path to Poilievre's Landslide Majority

betsy

........................................ will be through the GTA, and Quebec!

Immigrants and non-whites will carry him like a banner to victory!  There!  I said it. 

He'll succeed where others had failed.

Unless I missed it, news media hadn't been showing clips from the Conservative race in which Poilievre had won by 68% - a record-breaking number, according to pundits - nor even mentioned the biggest surprise that has been seen for the first time in Canadian politics - or, perhaps, the media just overlooked this due to their distraction over a historic event that they cover daily - that they didn't show another HISTORIC MOMENT! 

The introduction of the wife of Polievre who hails from VENEZUELAWhen did we ever seen that happen in Canadian politics - especially in the Conservative Party of Canada?

I don't know if it was panned in any political talk show yesterday.
The introduction speech by Polievre's wife, Anaida Galindo.

Poilievre is being subtly linked with White Supremacists by some lying fake news people (citing his association with the Freedom Convoy).
I suppose that was one way they were planning to do their character assassination of this guy - defining him as "in bed with white supremacists," and therefore someone to be wary of.
That warning is of course, indirectly being given to all people of color and immigrants.
That's how the Conservatives has been demonized. Remember what they alluded about Stephen Harper.

Perhaps, that's one big reason why the Conservatives could never take the GTA, though not for lack of trying!
It's not about the economy or housing market for this block which is comprised of many immigrants.

Because majority of immigrants came from religious background - therefore many of them tend to have conservative or right-leaning values.
They shun the Conservatives out of fear, of having a racist leader.

They're (immigrants) tend to be  more trusting of and gullible to the lying media.  But times has changed - and so are the views towards media (thanks to Trump for that).  We can smell a spin and a lie a hundred miles away!  Lol - even celebs are so eerily quiet these days - the mouthy ones  -   like Baldwin (the sour faced one), de Niro and Streep! ?

We see a few posts here already............ regurgitating BLINDLY, what the lying scumbag media suggests - alluding to Hitler!   Lol - a little head-shake there for the ignorant - who put all the mandates so far?   And who was strutting like Hitler?  As for racism - who got caught parroting a black face?

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

If Leslyn Lewis is not enough evidence to show that the Conservative Party is not a hotbed of white supremacists................................ then Anaido Galindo Poilievre, had surely busted that myth.

I wonder if Galindo-Poilievre had been with her husband as he campaigned all over the country.
If so, I wonder how many non-whites and immigrants among that huge percentage of new members have signed up with him - because of her?

Poilievre should have his wife do the same introduction at every campaign event!
It's important for people to see that there's nothing to fear!

I didn't even know until that night Poilievre is married to a Venezuelan. Do you?
Somehow, media never mentioned that. Why would they?
They won't mention it.
So CPC - SHOW CANADIANS!

Poilevre has a very sensible and practical policy for immigrants to cut the red tape, and let them work in their profession.
We need doctors! Nurses! Care-givers! Etc.
If we are opening our doors to immigrants for economic purposes, then let's do that!

Indeed, I hope to see Polievre putting Leslyn Lewis and Roman Baber in high profile positions in his team.
Concentrate on Quebec and GTA! And other places with large numbers of immigrants.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 3

If UNITY is so damned important, according to Trudeau and his people - then what the heck was Dominic LeBlanc doing in the Conservative Leadership convention maligning  the predicted-to-be-proclaimed leader. 

Why can't Leblanc be GRACIOUS enough and let conservative Canadians have their own moment in their own convention?

If you got nothing nice to say - why say something OFFENSIVE and DIVISIVE?  Go back to your tribe!

Edited by betsy

PP isn't a racist. There's no evidence of that. Though he seems to refuse to distance himself from Convoyers who certainly were led by a racist. 

These GTA Ridings will have representative (from a racial or ethnic backgroun) leaders for all 3 major parties. 

It's still just two white guys leading the party. Stephen Harper did well in the GTA, Doug Ford has done well in the GTA. 

O'Toole lost the GTA because he was chummy with Anti-Vaxxers. I don't see that changing with PP. 

We'll see how dude campaigns. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boges said:

PP isn't a racist. There's no evidence of that. Though he seems to refuse to distance himself from Convoyers who certainly were led by a racist. 

Define "distance.'

Why should he distance himself with the Freedom Convoy?   Not everyone is racist in that protest!  Only a handful are.  No one can control big crowds from being infiltrated!

4 hours ago, Boges said:

These GTA Ridings will have representative (from a racial or ethnic backgroun) leaders for all 3 major parties. 

It's still just two white guys leading the party. Stephen Harper did well in the GTA, Doug Ford has done well in the GTA. 

If Harper had done it in GTA...........all the more reason why PP could more likely do it again!    Don't forget the climate during Harper's victory - the climate of ANGER OVER LIBERALS' corruption! 

Canadians are even more angry today, though for many different reasons.

Edited by betsy

7 hours ago, betsy said:

Unless I missed it, news media hadn't been showing clips from the Conservative race in which Poilievre had won by 68% - a record-breaking number, according to pundits - nor even mentioned the biggest surprise that
has been seen for the first time in Canadian politics.

I don't know how you missed it but the CBC had extensive coverage, inspite of the loss of the Queen and the ascension of our new Sovereign.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I don't know how you missed it but the CBC had extensive coverage, inspite of the loss of the Queen and the ascension of our new Sovereign.

Yes... the convention for one of the two major parties is national news of course.

To try and say that they didn't cover the story is a conspiracy theory.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

@Michael Hardner

I articulated it poorly.  I was referring specifically about the intro speech by his wife.

That's why I posted that particular video clip in my OP!  That's my issue. (Let me fix that).

Has that been done by anyone in our political history?  The wife introducing her husband?  Her message impacts IMMIGRANTS!

And the background of Poilievre himself!  What a revelation!  Have you guys known about that?

Until that night, I never knew Poilievre has a Venezuelan wife.  For someone who's being defined as a "white supremacist"  - that is a significant fact to know!

Edited by betsy
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, betsy said:

I articulated it poorly.  I was referring specifically about the intro speech by his wife.

That's why I posted that video in my OP.  That's my issue.

Has that been done by anyone in our political history?  

You mean has any candidate been introduced by their spouse? Good question. I don't think it has been done, but if you suspect otherwise please go ahead and research and let us know.

Edited by Michael Hardner

9 hours ago, Boges said:

Not sure what your implying, is he a racists or not and if not why mention it. Justin danced and partied at the gay pride parade does that make him gay, or just a politician looking for votes.. should we hold that against him. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, betsy said:

@Michael Hardner

===

Betsy is correct.

This will have a tremendous effect.

And the long kiss of the two.

====

If Gerald Butts has a fear, it is this image.  

Edited by August1991

And with that said, I have nothing against people like Gerald Butts - or even Trudeau Jnr.

You are entitled to your viewpoint - but you don't speak for Canada., 

We Canadians, the people in a federal state such as Canada, have several ways to speak.

=====

Justin Trudeau and Gerald Butts - you mean well - but you don't have the right to speak for all Canadians, define all of us.

Some of us are different.

Edited by August1991
  • Like 1

Vassy Kapelos and panelists talked about Poilievre's winning last night.  Lol - one of the panelists mentioned "majority" in a federal election. 

"UNPRECEDENTED," was also mentioned, except that it may be the same as Trudeau's when he first won  - but, the fact that it happened in the fractuous Conservative Party, is what made the big difference.  Looks like he was able to do what Harper did - unite the party!

CPAC interview of some Quebec journalists - one lady named Chantal is awed that Poilievre "understands" Quebecers.  She said that in his speech, it may not be obvious to some of us, but to Quebeckers, it is.

And practically all 4 panelists agree that with Poilievre being a master COMMUNICATOR - the Liberals and the NDP ought to be worried.  One even said, "terrified."

YES! Looks like Poilievre's family will be very visible.  Apparently, he brought his son with him to the first caucus meeting.  There must be a lot of new immigrants, and non-whites that he's signed in.

Young people interviewed on tv who attended the caucus were so giddy with excitement!  They like what they saw and heard. 

Have you ever wondered why mainstream media never interviewed people of color who are members of the Conservative Party?  They don't - and won't - show them to the general public!

I saw many during the victory night among the audience!

Panelists say there won't be an early election.  Singh will make sure of that. ?

They say the same thing an article that appeared sometime ago in the National Post (?) that it's the NDP that's bleeding supporters and going to Poilievre.  Apparently, majority of new members Poilievre had signed in are young folks!  And 95% of those he signed in, voted!  They are engaged.

I see that many centrist fiscal-conservative folks (who only ended up being Liberals) because for them, there's no other choice to be had........ could also easily end up going to Poilievre. 

Edited by betsy

20 hours ago, Boges said:

O'Toole lost the GTA because he was chummy with Anti-Vaxxers. I don't see that changing with PP. 

The Freedom Convoy was full of people of colour.  The attempt to paint that movement as racist is the most disgusting attempt to discredit the views of Canadians by a Prime Minister that I’ve ever seen.  Shame.  

• Like 2

Even to Toronto Star seems to be warming up to Pierre Poilievre.  An article in yesterday's paper ends with this:

"This past weekend, he showed he is an excellent communicator — in French and in Eng- lish. His wife, Anaida Galindo, is a terrific trilingual speaker who was born in Venezuela before immigrating to Montreal. She helps massage Poilievre’s rougher edges. While immaturity may have marked Poilievre’s first decade in Ottawa — such as the “f--k you guys” comment at committee and the suggestion Indigenous residential school survivors didn’t deserve compensation and should learn the value of hard work — she humanizes him. 

With a gorgeous wife and two beautiful young children, a former Conservative campaign strategist leaned over Saturday to say: “This is a package I can sell.”
The party will now be focused on restoring hope to Canadians who feel they’ve lost control of their pocketbooks and their lives."

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 9:21 AM, Boges said:

People will just get angrier at Trudeau over time.  The Emergency Act will be forgotten, but his sublime mismanagement of the economy and the public server (like his father) will turn enough people against him eventually.  The federal Liberals will collapse the same way and for the same reasons as the Ontario Liberals.  Eventually people will roll the dice on a guy like PP and will ignore he supported the Freedumb Convoy and all of the other dumb stuff he said because they'd rather a wildcard than a sure-bet loser.  

I suspect/hope that PP will moderate and drop some of his dumber claims/ideas now that he's won the leadership.  We'll see.  

3 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

1. People will just get angrier at Trudeau over time.  The Emergency Act will be forgotten, but his sublime mismanagement of the economy and the public server (like his father) will turn enough people against him eventually.  The federal Liberals will collapse the same way and for the same reasons as the Ontario Liberals.  Eventually people will roll the dice on a guy like PP and will ignore he supported the Freedumb Convoy and all of the other dumb stuff he said because they'd rather a wildcard than a sure-bet loser.  

2. I suspect/hope that PP will moderate and drop some of his dumber claims/ideas now that he's won the leadership.  We'll see.  

1. Well... kind of.  I am more and more reluctant to try to crack open the zeitgeist to figure out what "we" want every few years.  After all they had Harper and turfed him for JT so.... 

I would prefer if people developed principles around governance that established a "public" persona.  It would be far better than just getting sick of someone's face every few years.  What we have now is an advertising/product model which means that our focus of change flips between areas of focus in a disjointed way.

We go from "pragmatic" to "unrestrained" in areas of social change, economics, environmental approach which isn't a good way to maintain policies that have to last decades.  

A bit of wisdom and true "public" thought leaders would do well for us.  We are Canadian, so we are pragmatic, and accepting, as well as more focused on government solutions.  These things should be resolved into a mushy middle ground, not jerked back and forth IMO.