The Myth of Black Slavery in Canada. The Big Lie.

Bill67

This topic is, I think, an indication of the degree of resentment I see growing among many people, primarily white males, towards the continuous bleating of the activist world, major media and government of all types regarding diversity and inclusion and equity. I feel this resentment myself, to some degree, though insulated by not having any real economic worries. There is only so long you can shout at someone for their imagined deficiencies before they start getting mad.

I see Black people all over the Canadian media these days. Virtually every commercial has at least one black person in it. Every newscast has black people as reporters, newsreaders, etc, and there seems to be a wildly disproportionate number of stories about or interviewing of black people, despite their being a bit over 3% of the population. All of this is a result of the collective sense of self-loathing and guilt so many progressives seem to feel because they've been told they have to by their American mentors.

Canadian progressives take their cue from down south. If American progressives are 'taking a knee' for black lives matter then Canadian progressives are damned well going to do the same, even in a lockdown. Witness that sanctimonious puffball Trudeau doing so last year. And of course, the flurry of diversity, equity and inclusiveness hectoring, lecturing and badgering down south has been echoed by the same thing up here. Because stuff. Question it and you're just showing your 'white fragility'.  

But Canada does not have America's long and bitter history of slavery and racism, nor its inner city slums. Granted, this is as much due to geography as policy, but even so, we had a miniscule number prior to confederacy and none whatsoever afterward. Canada's entire population of Black people numbered a few tens of thousands as late as the 1970s. The great majority of those here today are immigrants. It's awfully difficult to justify the hand-wringing and lecturing White Canadians have been and continue to be subjected to largely on their behalf. Canada is so racist, after all, that we let in millions and millions of black and brown people with nary a word of protest.

And therein lies the basic source of resentment. Being called an innately racist society and being constantly lectured on our racist past on behalf of... immigrants is absurd and cannot fail to breed resentment, not only towards the groups hectoring them but towards minorities as well. It's difficult to logically justify hiring or promoting a black or brown immigrant over a white Canadian due to the former's 'trauma' over some imagined past as a victim of racism when neither they nor their ancestors were here to experience it. And it's difficult, if not impossible to justify continually nagging white Canadians about our racism when our lack of racism is amply demonstrated by the millions of non white people we have allowed into our country.

And as the economy deteriorates that resentment is going to grow, especially with the likes of Trudeau and SIngh fanning the flames at every opportunity.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, if they ignore the obvious crises for working people in favour of silly posturing it's bound to happen.

When have they not? The federal NDP (as opposed to its western provincial branches) gave up any real semblance of a working man/labour party years ago. It's a party which largely represents union members who are upper middle class and work in the public sector and sees its primary duty as being the voice of the identity group hierarchy. Blue collar workers are... icky, and seem to have little respect or understanding of intersectionality. Blech. They don't even understand the need to eliminate their jobs on behalf of climate change or lower their wages on behalf of mass immigration.

The Liberals, for better or worse, have moved almost entirely into NDP territory in an effort to push the former off the map and take their voter base. So they largely echo the same identity stuff as the NDP. The major media is mostly made up of comfortably upper middle class university educated urbanites who don't relate well to blue collar types much less rural people. I don't see anyone talking much about the working man/woman who sees their disposable income melting in the face of higher inflation but stagnant wages except Pierre Poilievre. Which likely explains his growing popularity, esp among younger people who used to be in the Liberal/NDP camps.

Edited by I am Groot

Just now, I am Groot said:

1. When have they not? The federal NDP (as opposed to its western provincial branches) gave up any real semblance of a working man/labour party years ago.

2. They don't even understand the need to eliminate their jobs on behalf of climate change or lower their wages on behalf of mass immigration.

3. The Liberals, for better or worse, have moved almost entirely into NDP territory in an effort to push the former off the map and take their voter base. So they largely echo the same identity stuff as the NDP.

4. The major media is largely made up of comfortably upper middle class university educated urbanites who don't relate well to blue collar types much less rural people. I don't see anyone talking much about the working man/woman who sees their disposable income melting in the face of higher inflation but stagnant wages  

1. I get what you are saying but... no... there are lots of examples of them asking questions and even pushing for legislation for working people.  That said, they are at risk for losing support if they focus too much on identity issues.

2. Yes to the first, no to the second... they have made comments about TFW - easier for them to do so since the industries are not unionized etc.

3. As is pointed out here by people who don't like Trudeau: he is suspected of dishonesty from time to time ?

4. The media - which I assume means press and television - have had catastrophic wage erosion happen and any who are middle class are supported by family from what I have read.  The "working man/woman" is very much them but our concept of "working man/woman" is out of date.

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

Are you perhaps self-employed?

Yes that too. I'm not the Master at home but I am a lord so at least there's that.

Lord...there's another domineering term in society that you never hear anyone getting their panties on a twist over.

A couple years back in the street riot and store looting/burning rage of “Black Lives Matter”, those with “All Lives Matter” signage were labeled as racist.

Yet on the recent “National Day of Reconciliation” (?), many had All Children Matter signage to no racism chants. Why?

16 minutes ago, RedDog said:

A couple years back in the street riot and store looting/burning rage of “Black Lives Matter”, those with “All Lives Matter” signage were labeled as racist.

Yet on the recent “National Day of Reconciliation” (?), many had All Children Matter signage to no racism chants. Why?

Anyone else hear the eerie Theremin music playing in the background? Kinda liked a little violin but...not.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:27 PM, Bill67 said:

The Conquest of New France by the British in 1763 gave New France to the British Empire.  Yes, pre-confederation, which predates Canada, there was slavery.

Canada was still the British Empire upon Confederation in 1867

Confederation was not independence

Canada was at war in 1914 upon the orders of Westminster in London

Canada was still defending the British Empire in the Second World War

On 10/3/2022 at 10:15 AM, I am Groot said:

This topic is, I think, an indication of the degree of resentment I see growing among many people, primarily white males, towards the continuous bleating of the activist world, major media and government of all types regarding diversity and inclusion and equity. I feel this resentment myself, to some degree, though insulated by not having any real economic worries. There is only so long you can shout at someone for their imagined deficiencies before they start getting mad.

TBH, I'm not sure why anyone who claims to be equitable and fair would even regurgitate all of the slavery myths that we're presented with on a daily basis. 

I was reading up on the Haidas as slavers the other day and came across this beauty: https://www.inkshares.com/books/the-haida-gwaii-lesson-2/backer_updates/30c84a1f

And what seems certain is that the Haida may have been the first, and possibly the only non-white civilization in history to enslave white people. 

LMFAO. Just one example, the Moors had millions of slaves, and many of them were white. Did the Egyptians only enslave people darker than a brown paper bag? I think not. The list goes on. 

The word slave actually comes from the Greek word "slav", and the definition of Slavs hasn't changed in all these years. Sure, Greeks are European, but I can't emphasize strongly enough that slavery is the most lied about topic in the history of the world, and as usual. leftists are the culprits.

This isn't a little lie, it's a massive lie, and it will eventually lead to actual violence if the lies, rhetoric and stupidity aren't toned down. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

This isn't a little lie, it's a massive lie, and it will eventually lead to actual violence if the lies, rhetoric and stupidity aren't toned down.

So the storms STILL a-comin'? 

So what, by the time it gets here at the rate you dingbats predict it will you'll be showing up on walkers and wheelchairs.

Edited by eyeball

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

TBH, I'm not sure why anyone who claims to be equitable and fair would even regurgitate all of the slavery myths that we're presented with on a daily basis. 

I was reading up on the Haidas as slavers the other day and came across this beauty: https://www.inkshares.com/books/the-haida-gwaii-lesson-2/backer_updates/30c84a1f

LMFAO. Just one example, the Moors had millions of slaves, and many of them were white. Did the Egyptians only enslave people darker than a brown paper bag? I think not. The list goes on. 

The word slave actually comes from the Greek word "slav", and the definition of Slavs hasn't changed in all these years. Sure, Greeks are European, but I can't emphasize strongly enough that slavery is the most lied about topic in the history of the world, and as usual. leftists are the culprits.

Bruce McKelvie's book 'Tales of Conflict' (1949) documents numerous encounters between Europeans and Natives in the 1700-1800s Pacific North West. I think you'd enjoy the read...you can d/l it in PDF form for free.

https://open.library.ubc.ca/collections/bcbooks/items/1.0374175

His 1955 book 'Pageant of B.C.' also covers some of that sort of action plus much more.

https://gutenberg.ca/ebooks/mckelvieba-pageantofbc/mckelvieba-pageantofbc-00-h-dir/mckelvieba-pageantofbc-00-h.html

• Thanks 1