The Myth of Black Slavery in Canada. The Big Lie.

Bill67

15 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

1. Not sure what you are saying. I said that "they were running from slavery in the United States or elsewhere. Canada was a safe haven. " Is that incorrect?

2. You seeing Africans listed next to Irish and French means what? that they were slaves? Or servants? The point the OP was making was that in pre confederation Canada, there  were none and if there were,  the amount was infinitesimal and that the aboriginals had far more.

2. I do not know what you are saying.

1. If by "Canada" you mean pre-1867 British North America then yes>
2. No - these were free people.  
3. Sorry to be unclear - white Canadians also owned slaves, but pre-confederation.

• Like 1

The Haida were so aggressive that the Carrier were forced into a nomadic lifestyle of constantly changing settlements...just to throw their attackers off for a season...perhaps. The secret was those big ocean going canoes that could also be portaged for a considerable distance if needed. Akin to Viking long-ships.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Haida were so aggressive that the Carrier were forced into a nomadic lifestyle of constantly changing settlements...just to throw their attackers off for a season...perhaps. The secret was those big ocean going canoes that could also be portaged for a considerable distance if needed. Akin to Viking long-ships.

https://www.historymuseum.ca/cmc/exhibitions/aborig/haida/havwa01e.html

The Haida went to war to acquire objects of wealth, such as coppers and Chilkat blankets, that were in short supply on the islands, but primarily for slaves, who enhanced their productivity or were traded to other tribes.

I wonder, are they also told that their ancestors were the only slave owners in the history of the world? 

The florescence of warfare was undoubtedly accelerated in the half century from 1780 to 1830, when the Haida had no effective enemies except the many European and American traders on their shores who would rather trade than fight

Can't be true. I'm pretty sure that our PM said that the crackers were all evil, and just wanted to commit genocide. 

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Haida are still aggressive in some ways.  They demanded and the left-leaning, woke provincial Liberals in BC and the NDP bow to their demands.  They changed the name of the Queen Charlotte Islands to an aboriginal name called Haida Gwaii.  They also are changing the name of a main town or village on the islands which has been called Queen Charlotte City to an aboriginal name.  I heard a story about a white man who had a relationship with a Haida woman or girl on the islands which did not work out.  They made sure he left the islands.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

So far we have all helped establish that indeed Black slavery existed in Canada.

We've all established that the history of black slavery in Canada is so insignificant that it's not really worth mentioning at this point. 

In a country of 40,000,000 people, we had a few hundred slaves here a couple centuries ago. Every other country, aside from the US, had tens of thousands of slaves for centuries. 

As far as being a non-slaving country goes, Canada has the best record of any country in the history of the world.

As far as abolishing slavery goes, Britain and the US alone get the thanks for that, no other nation or empire ever did that when they were powerful. 

Now ya know. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

The 2nd post however, mine, blew it's point right out off the water.

I haven't had a single moment's diversity/sensitivity training and I do indeed have official government documents that identify me as the Master.

How do you explain that?

I'm even old and white...it defies explanation given all that's been said about a government that is lazer focused on purging any sort of indication, identifier or language that smacks of oppression. 

If you were a a single male then yes everyone was called master, or you are the head of the house hold. regardless of race, color or creed. Not very common today, could not even tell you what they are called today with all the changes in gender identity. I suppose everyone is the king in their own castle is some how oppressive as well becasue white people mostly owned castles. 

10 hours ago, Army Guy said:

If you were a a single male then yes everyone was called master, or you are the head of the house hold. regardless of race, color or creed. Not very common today, could not even tell you what they are called today with all the changes in gender identity. I suppose everyone is the king in their own castle is some how oppressive as well becasue white people mostly owned castles. 

I'm an old white guy but they didn't put me in charge because of that. I'm a Master who just happens to be an old white guy. I know a First Nation's woman who's also a Master.  

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm an old white guy but they didn't put me in charge because of that. I'm a Master who just happens to be an old white guy. I know a First Nation's woman who's also a Master.  

So you're what, a seasoned fisherman? A master-baiter? 

Sorry but you're not that unique - the internet is chock full of you guys. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

So you're what, a seasoned fisherman? A master-baiter? 

Sorry but you're not that unique - the internet is chock full of you guys. 

Master mariner, and we're apparently as rare as hens teeth actually, certainly in the job market and according to the OP a master in the work place is an old anachronism to be purged.

So I take it you failed your diversity course.

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

Master mariner, and we're apparently as rare as hens teeth actually, certainly in the job market and according to the OP a master in the work place is an old anachronism to be purged.

So I take it you failed your diversity course.

I could teach it. I've seen all the lies and bullshit here.

Thank you kindly.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bill67 said:

How did we proveh That there was black slavery in Canada when Canada became a nation in 1867 and slavery ended well before 1867? Interesting example of "proof".

Oh boy.  Let us correct ourselves then.  Black slavery existed in the British Colony that eventually became Canada.  ?

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2022 at 11:24 AM, eyeball said:

No matter how much we spin, mythologize, or sugar-coat things it'll always remain clearer that our culture was the bigger sphincter.

Gee...You really dislike your own culture. Do you dislike the people too?

On 9/13/2022 at 8:34 PM, RedDog said:

New A&W $3.99 Teen Burger tv ad. Not one Caucasian in the choir. This insanity is in step with the endless maze of new tv shows featuring overweight black mouthy women.

If you’re not white it’s your lucky day.

Ya I've been wondering about this too.

Question: if the black community makes up only about 3% of the Canadian population, why are most of our advertising depicting black folks and/or mixed couples?

And why are fat people now all over our advertisements?

Is this "equity"? Is it "equality"?

Or is it "racism"?

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 12:18 PM, eyeball said:

The 2nd post however, mine, blew it's point right out off the water.

I haven't had a single moment's diversity/sensitivity training and I do indeed have official government documents that identify me as the Master.

How do you explain that?

Are you perhaps self-employed?

On 9/12/2022 at 12:47 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. If by "Canada" you mean pre-1867 British North America then yes>
2. No - these were free people.  
3. Sorry to be unclear - white Canadians also owned slaves, but pre-confederation.

Point of order. They were not Canadians. And we do not know they even stayed in the new world after confederation. Or whether they died. Thus there seems very little if any connection between Canadians and today to the people of that era who owned slaves.