The Queen kicks the bucket

West

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

No, but I’m not sure we were measuring the temperature in Lytton or that so many people were living there.  I tend to think that nothing much has changed and we’re working ourselves into a frenzy.  It’s another War of the Worlds, but instead of aliens it’s climate change. We saw it with the Red Menace, the witch trials in Salem, McCarthyism, etc.  

Do you hear yourself???

A conspiracy around every corner. Wow!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

No, but I’m not sure we were measuring the temperature in Lytton or that so many people were living there.  I tend to think that nothing much has changed and we’re working ourselves into a frenzy.  It’s another War of the Worlds, but instead of aliens it’s climate change. We saw it with the Red Menace, the witch trials in Salem, McCarthyism, etc.  

What is happening is that a crisis requires us to change our way of life but we don’t want to do that so we claim there’s no crisis. Typical human thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Andrew should have spared the family and stayed at home during that procession in Edinburgh. A flu would have been satisfactory for all. His presence merely reminded everybody how risky a hereditary monarchy is. 

He could be better used mucking out the stables in the looming Edinburgh Castle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I wasn’t a Trump supporter, but locking up political opponents is new, especially when they have a real shot at forming a government.

If he broke the law then he deserves to go to jail.

Former Trump White House lawyer Ty Cobb called ex-President Donald Trump a “deeply wounded narcissist” who acted in a “criminal” manner when he pushed then-Vice President Mike Pence to block Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s 2020 election win. 

And then there's this guy, 

"I think the driver on this from the beginning was you know, loads of classified information sitting in Mar-a-Lago," Barr said. "People say this was unprecedented, well it's also unprecedented for a president to take all this classified information and put them in a country club."

And this one

"There is no evidence there is a partisan motive here," Bolton told Reuters in an interview Wednesday. "I think everybody just ought to calm down, whether you're pro-Trump or anti-Trump, and let the process work its way through."

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Andrew should have spared the family and stayed at home during that procession in Edinburgh. A flu would have been satisfactory for all. His presence merely reminded everybody how risky a hereditary monarchy is. 

Because twenty years ago he had sex with a girl who was 17 1/2 instead of 18 when the age of consent was 16, you mean?

They used to put topless 16 year olds on page three of the tabloids.

Edited by I am Groot

34 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

What did the one fellow yell at him?

You're a sick old man, Andrew.

...before being ushered away briskly.

He was yanked back by people standing behind him so fast he left his shoes behind. It's a good thing the police showed up or he'd have gotten pounded into the pavement by the crowd.

Edited by I am Groot

13 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

He was yanked back by people standing behind him so fast he left his shoes behind. It's a good thing the police showed up or he'd have gotten pounded into the pavement by the crowd.

Not the place...obviously. But where is the place?

306351833_1453529001825303_2059428576857066454_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Terrible. Just terrible to appear with Epstien. I guess anyone who did that is a horrible man?

You have a case of TDS. I never mentioned Donald J Trump who obviously gets your goat. I'll keep that in mind, to torment you with it in the future.

My point was that the Queen obviously KNEW about Jeffery Epstein.

Either that or some cabins are awfully similar to one another...

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

You have a case of TDS. I never mentioned Donald J Trump who obviously gets your goat. I'll keep that in mind, to torment you with it in the future.

My point was that the Queen obviously KNEW about Jeffery Epstein.

Either that or some cabins are awfully similar to one another...

Knew what about Epstein?

The photo is likely from 1999 when Andrew invited him to Balmoral.

It was the Queen Mother's cabin used for fishing trips to the river Dee.

Who knew about Epstein's offences in 1999?

5 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Because twenty years ago he had sex with a girl who was 17 1/2 instead of 18 when the age of consent was 16, you mean?

They used to put topless 16 year olds on page three of the tabloids.

I think nearly everyone here can agree his behaviour was a terrible embarrassment for his family. The matter of Andrew’s civil liability is complex to say the least. When payments or other inducements are offered, it has been a criminal offence in the UK since 2003, shortly after these events, to have sex with any person under the age of 18. Suffice to say he didn’t pay up so generously for nothing. What it revealed was a middle aged man no father would want his daughters around, and obviously somebody who should not be in the line of succession to head any civilized state. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 1

Poor old Charlie is neither a dignified old-school symbol like Liz nor a sexy photo op factory like Kate, Will and the brood. His Basset Hound brand of tone-deaf, über-toff lugubriousness is not what’s needed these days:

Now more than ever we could do with firm leadership, strong example-setting, and a nationwide feeling of unity that comes from knowing that We’re All In This Together. Good of Prince Charles to put on his best rumpled gardening jacket and stand port-faced in his own garden telling us all to pick some fruit, then. I was just thinking, “You know what would really get me through the endless doom of this pandemic? Inexpertly grabbing potatoes out of the ground for absolute minimum wage.” And just like that, Charlie came through.

Owww.theguardian.com

Coronavirus latest: a senior royal wants us to *checks notes* work harder | Joel Golby

With Prince Charles urging the public to pick fruit for Blighty, the problem isn’t so much the message as the messenger, says author Joel Golby
www.theguardian.com www.theguardian.com

22 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I think nearly everyone here can agree his behaviour was a terrible embarrassment for his family. The matter of Andrew’s civil liability is complex to say the least. When payments or other inducements are offered, it has been a criminal offence in the UK since 2003, shortly after these events, to have sex with any person under the age of 18. Suffice to say he didn’t pay up so generously for nothing. What it revealed was a middle aged man no father would want his daughters around, and obviously somebody who should not be in the line of succession to head any civilized state. 

First, there's no evidence Andrew paid any money. From what she said it was Epstein who gave her $500 afterwards. Second, the date at which their alleged sex occurred was prior to that law. 

How many middle aged men in the UK looked approvingly at the topless 16 year old girls on page three of the British tabloids for years before the age was bumped up due to changing societal mores?

On 9/13/2022 at 1:09 PM, DogOnPorch said:

You mistake me. I was pointing out your hypocrisy. I thought I was being so obvious I didn't need to spell it out but apparently I over-estimated you.

1 minute ago, I am Groot said:

You mistake me. I was pointing out your hypocrisy. I thought I was being so obvious I didn't need to spell it out but apparently I over-estimated you.

You'd better believe that I'll use it against you...lol. I'm that sorta guy...

Look! Trump....hah...made you look.

Zg.gif