The Queen kicks the bucket

West

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well the risk of extreme surveillance and control, especially with A.I. running the data analysis algorithms, is a serious threat, especially when governments seek more power.

the mass media is the greater threat

just as it was in 1914

when it whipped the previous civilization up into a frenzy

to destroy itself

the troops went to the trenches more than willingly,

they charged into the trenches,

egged on by the media barons

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

saw this on Timeline

thought you might enjoy it

Vimy Myth

yet no Canadian was waiting for the Corps to cheer them upon their return

the Canadian media instead indicted Currie as a "war criminal"

I’m enjoying this so far.  The shooting for cowardice was tragic but the conditions were harsh and soldiers had to stick to the mission.  It was horribly bloody, but Currie could count real successes like Passendale.  It was a terrible and needless war, quite unlike the second WW by comparison.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m enjoying this so far.  The shooting for cowardice was tragic but the conditions were harsh and soldiers had to stick to the mission.  It was horribly bloody, but Currie could count real successes like Passendale.  It was a terrible and needless war, quite unlike the second WW by comparison.  

Australia didn’t allow any of its soldiers to be shot for cowardice in WW1.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

General Sir Arthur Currie

the most successful General of the second greatest war in human history

the Canadian Corps revolutionizing warfare for the 20th century

yet most Canadians have no idea who he was

the Vimy Myth is dead for all intents & purposes

and was a myth all along

since in reality, Canadians threw Arthur Currie & the Corps under the bus;  immediately upon their return

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well the risk of extreme surveillance and control, especially with A.I. running the data analysis algorithms, is a serious threat, especially when governments seek more power.  We saw some of this at work fighting Covid and it can be used to engineer all sorts of behaviour to meet ESG goals.  This tech must be contained when used for such purposes.

McLuhan understood that the future battles would be largely informational.  I think it’s worse than he thought.  It’s the battle for humanity: Our freedom and living standards are under threat, but the threat is mostly of our own making.

Shit, social media is the threat. A.I. LOL

As for the "great information war", that has been ongoing for millennia. Formerly known as rumour or propaganda. Be it verbal, on paper, on radio, TV and now social media, it has been going on forever.

12 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Shit, social media is the threat. A.I. LOL

As for the "great information war", that has been ongoing for millennia. Formerly known as rumour or propaganda. Be it verbal, on paper, on radio, TV and now social media, it has been going on forever.

People didn’t live on their cell phones and have all of their personal data digitally stored then, nor was there CCTV, social media accounts, digital ID, etc.  

• Like 1

People didn’t live on their cell phones and have all of their personal data digitally stored then, nor was there CCTV, social media accounts, digital ID, etc.  

indeed

the technological dislocation presaged by McLuhan was 

"guerrilla information war with no distinction between military and civilian"

no borders neither, global reach & effects

the Pentagon calls it "5th Generation Warfare : hyperpowered individuals & small groups"

example : Tamara Lich & The Truckers

Edited by Dougie93

That was my point. It is social media now but back then it was verbal rumour, gossip, propaganda, then in print on radio or tv.

It has always been there in one form or another. Changing form does nothing new, just the way it is spread.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

That was my point. It is social media now but back then it was verbal rumour, gossip, propaganda, then in print on radio or tv.

It has always been there in one form or another. Changing form does nothing new, just the way it is spread.

The ability to control behaviour is stronger than ever: freezing of bank accounts and doxxing of people by governments; the tracking of location by phone, satellite, and camera; collecting of personal information through digital apps: ArriveCan, digital ID, Facebook, Instagram; the ability to make people stay home or in one location and program behaviour remotely through devices…. 

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The ability to control behaviour is stronger than ever: freezing of bank accounts and doxxing of people by governments; the tracking of location by phone, satellite, and camera; collecting of personal information through digital apps: ArriveCan, digital ID, Facebook, Instagram; the ability to make people stay home or in one location and program behaviour remotely through devices…. 

What a load of busllsh*t!

200 accounts of very specific people were temporarily frozen and given back.

Doxxing, what a load of crap that is. Conspiracy at its best.

FYI, the US is instituting a system similar to ArrivCan.  The CBP Mobile Passport Control App.  https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

Twitter, Facebook Instagram is the place where you conspiracy theorists all live. You are doing it to yourselves. No one else.

You have become an incredibly paranoid person.

28 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

more significantly at the strategic level

the American information juggernaut has simply overrun Canada, nary a shot fired

nominal fealty to King Charles III is of little practical consequence

on paper he is monarch

but at the cultural level upstream from poltics

Canada is entirely Americanized & republican now

American Protectorate Jurisdiction North requires only that you pay the King's taxes & obey the King's laws

there is no particular fealty to the British Crown therein, quite the opposite

the Americans have won the information war on the Canadian front, without even trying nor realizing

American Protectorate Tax Jurisdiction North only maintains the facade of sovereignty, like a Potemkin Village

here in Ontario, we are entirely integrated with & dependant on the Americans

we are protectionist against Canada

in terms of actual interests

Upper Canada is our only real country

back to the future, return whence we came

Loyalist Americans from Pennsylvania, not England

Edited by Dougie93

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

What a load of busllsh*t!

200 accounts of very specific people were temporarily frozen and given back.

Doxxing, what a load of crap that is. Conspiracy at its best.

FYI, the US is instituting a system similar to ArrivCan.  The CBP Mobile Passport Control App.  https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

Twitter, Facebook Instagram is the place where you conspiracy theorists all live. You are doing it to yourselves. No one else.

You have become an incredibly paranoid person.

Your Pollyanna naïveté and ignorance are on full display.  You need to stop.  

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

more significantly at the strategic level

the American information juggernaut has simply overrun Canada, nary a shot fired

nominal fealty to King Charles III is of little practical consequence

on paper he is monarch

but at the cultural level upstream from poltics

Canada is entirely Americanized & republican now

American Protectorate Jurisdiction North requires only that you pay the King's taxes & obey the King's laws

there is no particular fealty to the British Crown therein, quite the opposite

the Americans have won the information war on the Canadian front, without even trying nor realizing

American Protectorate Tax Jurisdiction North only maintains the facade of sovereignty, like a Potemkin Village

here in Ontario, we are entirely integrated with & dependant on the Americans

we are protectionist against Canada

in terms of actual interests

Upper Canada is our only real country

back to the future, return whence we came

Loyalist Americans from Pennsylvania, not England

I do think that’s part of the core of Canadian culture.  New France and the couriers de bois and pretty much everything running in a line from Halifax through Quebec to the Red River in Manitoba are also very core. The Arctic, prairies and coastal BC add to all this.  Canada is many things, but it has to be strong and at least somewhat independent of foreign powers.  Canada could become a bigger economic power than the UK.  It’s already edging out Italy, a far more populous country.

I just no longer trust that this government is looking out for Canadian interests.  You can’t even get a passport in less than four months unless you tell the passport office where you’re going.  You can’t enter Canada without an app that requires uploading impertinent personal information.  Canada feels somewhat totalitarian.  Many Canadians are hoping that Poilievre will scrap all this nonsense, and I’m sure the Liberals are losing support because of their overreach. It really makes you wonder why Trudeau is maintaining bureaucratic, inane, anti-democratic policies.  I can only conclude that it’s because he cares more about international initiatives than the wishes and interests of Canadians.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Sounds like every year I can remember.  With more people and more news, these events seem more extreme and widespread.  Not sure much has changed.  I still remember the terrible stories of floods in Bangladesh and earthquakes and tsunamis in the South Pacific from early childhood.  

Earthquakes we can leave for another day. Do you recall a Canadian town recording a temperature of 49.6C in your childhood? 

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I just no longer trust that this government is looking out for Canadian interests.

yet you say give King Charles a chance

when in fact he is a puppet of the very foreign interests you have invoked as being threats to Canada

the elites are aligned against you both in Ottawa and at Buckingham Palace now

you've got Red Francis as Pope & Green Charles as King

on stage at the WEF and taking a knee with Trudeau

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Earthquakes we can leave for another day. Do you recall a Canadian town recording a temperature of 49.6C in your childhood? 

No, but I’m not sure we were measuring the temperature in Lytton or that so many people were living there.  I tend to think that nothing much has changed and we’re working ourselves into a frenzy.  It’s another War of the Worlds, but instead of aliens it’s climate change. We saw it with the Red Menace, the witch trials in Salem, McCarthyism, etc.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

yet you say give King Charles a chance

when in fact he is a puppet of the very foreign interests you have invoked as being threats to Canada

the elites are aligned against you both in Ottawa and at Buckingham Palace now

you've got Red Francis as Pope & Green Charles as King

on stage at the WEF and taking a knee with Trudeau

It really is terrible.  Who’s pushing back? They’re not even allowing Trump to be shown on TV and the FBI is basically looking for excuses to put him behind bars.  DeSantis is strong.  Poilievre is going to have a fight on his hands.  Trudeau could have three more years as PM.